NYJetsFan.com Forums: Favre Breaks Down Jets Ol - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:38 PM) Decker is recruiting Demaryius Thomas to join the Jets, too bad Thomas won't hit FA
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) he wont?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:31 PM) he'll be franchised tagged probably
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:23 PM) BAS DOST
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) Bring something to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Teh table
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) I miss our banter everyone EXCEPT Harlem I don't like him very much cause he's annoying as hell and that Wind Beneath My Wings shit is such a example
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) I have elevator video of you giving out high fives
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:03 PM) Thank you for the warm words GG. I appreciate the thought!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 PM) any of u guys know how to size a NBA jersey?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Like im a XL so when I get a NFL jersey I get a L
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Im getting it for a friend
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) SIGN WILL HILL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) There are some decent FAs I hope we go after, we have like $48 mil in cap space, plus more once we get rid of Chris Johnson and Calvin Pace.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) We'll have over $50 mil to spend
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) sign everyone!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) I'd love to grab Cobb, Julius Thomas, and Mike Iupati
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Lol for someone who doesn't like me and doesn't pay attention to what I have to say, GG sure loves talking about me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) It's ok though buddy I love you
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) We just need a QB to throw to them
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Cobb isn't leaving the Packers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) I hope we keep Harvin
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) I like Harvin but I don't think we should pay him that much
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:29 PM) but if we can get a WR keep him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:40 PM) idk how cap works sometime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) how can Denver have 31 mil in space?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 PM) but I guess since they have to pay both Thomas this year that will go fast
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) and have to pay miller next year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:20 PM) Are they not counting PEyton Manning?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) A lot of their players increase cap hits after this season
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) you can work the numbers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:25 PM) if we release Harvin, we won't get him back most likely. Hes the most dynamic offensive player we have had in a while.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) Plus he has no guaranteed money so we can release him at any time for no cap hits. Maybe they can rework his contract, but I hope we keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) I think he will awesome in Chan's offense, maybe worth the $10 mil
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) We still have to pay Mo too
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) yup. We also happen to be in the big years of Mangolds' and Brick's contracts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Brick either restructures after this season or is released, noway he stays at $14 mil
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) I think he does restructure though, can't imagine Brick wanting to play elsewhere. I see him as a career Jet
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) need to re-sign Demario Davis and Damon Harrison as well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) they shouldn't cost much though
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 PM) I'd really love to bring in Franklin or Iupati
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) Franklin, Iupati, or Boling I would be happy with. We need a good OG.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) I think that Oday would be fine as a starter for one spot, he showed promise. Plus it would be a competition between Oday, Winters, and Dozier.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favre Breaks Down Jets Ol

#1 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

ON THEIR OVERALL STRENGTHS Well, four No. 1 draft picks. All four of those guys are playing outstanding. Brandon Moore is the exception as far as a draft pick, but he’s playing outstanding as well. I didn’t play with these guys last year, but I see something. They practice every day. There’s no substitute for practicing every day. The best offensive lines are the offensive lines that play as one, not five guys, but play as one.

ON MANGOLD I’ve played with some very good centers over my career. Nick has the chance to be the best I’ve ever played with. Athletically speaking, he’s by far the most athletic. Frank Winters I played with, who was my roommate for 12, 13 years, is going to kill me for saying that, because he claims he’s still the best athlete. Nick is very bright and has the right mentality. It starts with the center and it works its way outward. He has all the tools.

ON FANECA Faneca is one of those guys that every team wishes they had on their team. Every team wishes they had that type of player on their team. He never complains, is always running, blocking and doing something. I’m talking about in practice. He’s always positive no matter what.

ON FERGUSON He’s a perfect fit for the side that Brick’s on, because I see a change in Brick. I wasn’t here last year, but just from the start of the year to now, it goes without saying that Brick is ultra*talented. Using that is the key. He’s finding out day-in and day-out that he can be pretty darn good. Having a little spunk about you is not a bad thing. He got in a little scrap one day with Shaun Ellis. Everybody laughed. Most people were like, ‘Man, we haven’t seen that side of Brick.’ Maybe Alan is rubbing off on him a little bit.

ON MOORE AND WOODY Brandon and Woody, the right side, they’re all playing great. Woody’s got the best feet I’ve ever seen. The guy’s got tremendous feet and a great personality. They’re fun to work with. Brandon is probably our best pure run blocker. He’s hard to move. He can move people. They’ve all had their share of scraps this year on the field, things that people don’t see, where they’re not going to take anything from anyone else. That’s where it starts.

OVERALL They’ve been a blast to work with. I hope that the feeling is mutual. That’s where it all starts, up front.__________________

#2 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

Yea i think this was posted a few days ago but a good read.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

games are won in the trenches. on both sides of the ball. tahts why adding jenkins, faneca, and woody and drafting brick and mangold were so huge to our success this year.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having a little spunk about you is not a bad thing. He got in a little scrap one day with Shaun Ellis. Everybody laughed. Most people were like, ‘Man, we haven’t seen that side of Brick.’ Maybe Alan is rubbing off on him a little bit.

Thats that Freeport shit right there!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users