NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Ryan - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (10 July 2014 - 09:00 AM) THE BEETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:13 PM) GET JOHNSON
azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rex Ryan

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

We are going to be giving him an interview. Why hasn't this guy gotten a job yet? Hes been the Ravens DC since 2005. Has had top 10 defenses each year. What is so bad about him? I love the way he calls the plays, he attacks. I wonder if he is just not a HC type.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   JIG-SAW Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:18 AM

He's really not HC material, I think people are starting to realize the same thing about Ravens coordinators that they did about Patriots and Steelers coordinators. They're not all that great when they leave the nest.
They are made to look like geniuses because of the talent they had to work with. Before him everyone thought Nolan was a defensive guru and he goes to the 9ers and bombs out defensively. The same thing with Marvin Lewis before him and his defensive problems in Cinci are well documented. Anyone could look like an offensive genius when they have Peyton Manning as their QB and the same can be said about Ray Lewis .

Same thing with a long list of Steeler Defensive Coordinators like Dick Lebau, Tim Lewis, Jim Haslett. All those guys were thought to be HC material but in reality they were lifetime coordinators. What makes you a great HC is not the same as what makes you a great Coordinator. When you are a coordinator its all about X's and O's and being able to coach up and develop players. When your a HC its about keeping the team motivated, disciplined and focused on a goal while maintaining their respect. Its why Mangini wasn't a successful HC, why Norv Turner isn't a successful HC, or Cam Cameron, Charlie Weis.. Etc...

Most of those guys will probably learn that for their 2nd stint if they get one. BB is a prime example of that. He was a terrible HC in CLE because he was an X's and O's guy but when he got to NE he became a master of motivation.

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

I'm a fan of Rex Ryan. I would love to have him apart of my team.

#4 User is offline   JetsRock1028 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (JIG-SAW @ Dec 31 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's really not HC material, I think people are starting to realize the same thing about Ravens coordinators that they did about Patriots and Steelers coordinators. They're not all that great when they leave the nest.
They are made to look like geniuses because of the talent they had to work with. Before him everyone thought Nolan was a defensive guru and he goes to the 9ers and bombs out defensively. The same thing with Marvin Lewis before him and his defensive problems in Cinci are well documented. Anyone could look like an offensive genius when they have Peyton Manning as their QB and the same can be said about Ray Lewis .

Same thing with a long list of Steeler Defensive Coordinators like Dick Lebau, Tim Lewis, Jim Haslett. All those guys were thought to be HC material but in reality they were lifetime coordinators. What makes you a great HC is not the same as what makes you a great Coordinator. When you are a coordinator its all about X's and O's and being able to coach up and develop players. When your a HC its about keeping the team motivated, disciplined and focused on a goal while maintaining their respect. Its why Mangini wasn't a successful HC, why Norv Turner isn't a successful HC, or Cam Cameron, Charlie Weis.. Etc...

Most of those guys will probably learn that for their 2nd stint if they get one. BB is a prime example of that. He was a terrible HC in CLE because he was an X's and O's guy but when he got to NE he became a master of motivation.

Great post. Also which is why I think we need to go with a proven coach with head coaching experience. Woody is 0-3 with first time head coaches since he has been the owner. Time to go with something different. Bring in Shanny!

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

The more I think about it.. if we don't get Frazier.. I think if Ryan impresses in his interview, I'd like him. I think he would not only bring his D but would attract FA's. (Suggs?) Also to come join up on the D.

I'd be interested to see what type of staff he would put together, and if he would be calling D plays or not.

#6 User is offline   JIG-SAW Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Dec 31 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I think about it.. if we don't get Frazier.. I think if Ryan impresses in his interview, I'd like him. I think he would not only bring his D but would attract FA's. (Suggs?) Also to come join up on the D.

I'd be interested to see what type of staff he would put together, and if he would be calling D plays or not.

His D from what I hear is ridiculously complex and he is known to get conservative when trying to hold a lead and call too many 3 man rushes. I really don't want the guy but If we get him I hope he can at least bring Suggs over after we make some serious cuts.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

If he gets the job I would support him, because he would of had a good interview and the Jets would of liked where he is going. He would bring his brother to be the DC. They would run Rex Ryan's defense, all we would need is a good OC and we would be fine. I would hope he bring in Terrell Suggs. Or maybe a defensive mind would know how to get the very best out of Gholston.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   JIG-SAW Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Dec 31 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he gets the job I would support him, because he would of had a good interview and the Jets would of liked where he is going. He would bring his brother to be the DC. They would run Rex Ryan's defense, all we would need is a good OC and we would be fine. I would hope he bring in Terrell Suggs. Or maybe a defensive mind would know how to get the very best out of Gholston.

I would hope he has a good interview I just don't want him to get the job off the performance of his Raven's Defense alone. I'm very leary of the man after his own team rejected him for a HC position and reached out to another teams CB coach instead. I doesn't really inspire much confidence as he also interviewed for ATL and didn't get that job either. But Obviously if we do hire him I will support him.

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

Rex Ryan to Interview With Jets
Posted on December 31st, 2008 by Bassett Jane McManus notes on her blog on lohud.com that the Jets have another candidate on their list.

The Jets asked for and got permission to talk to Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, although no meeting has been scheduled since his team is still in the playoffs. Ryan, 46, was with the Ravens for their 2000 Super Bowl victory, and is in his ninth year with the team. He is in the first of a two-year deal with the Ravens.

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

If we bring in both Ryans... Asamougha and Suggs? :P

#11 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

Ravens Defense-TM- RavensDec. 31 - 4:59 pm et
The Jets have asked permission to interview Ravens assistant head coach/defense Rex Ryan for their head-coaching vacancy.
Ryan is as qualified to be a head coach as any NFL coordinator, but his weight and rugged look have always worked against him. Being Buddy's son also probably hasn't helped. Still, Ryan would be a fine choice for any team. The Jets will interview him when/if Baltimore is eliminated from the playoffs.Source: Newark Star-Ledger Related: Jets, Rams

His weight and ruggid look? Thats what i want. Being Buddys son wont help him? hello who the f*** wrote this banana019.gif .Rex as a head coach and Bob Ryan as a DC? Sounds good to me.

#12 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

Unfortunately, the reputation his father had as a Head Coach may be holding him back (great def. coordinator but a so-so HC). People may see him as coordinator material but not HC material.You know what they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users