NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cutler Watch - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cutler Watch ***merged***re-merged**tri-merged** Mega-merged**Mc'Merged***

#81 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:24 AM

Boomer wants Cutler

By MARK CANNIZZARO

March 18, 2009 --

The Jay Cutler-to-the-Jets debate continues to rage.

Weighing in yesterday was former Jet quarterback Boomer Esiason, whose opinion was direct and strong: Go get the disgruntled Bronco QB at almost any cost.

"I'm telling you, if I could get this kid, I would go guns a-blazing and try to get him," Esiason said.

"I don't know what it would take, but he's a kid that can play here for the next 10 years. This is not Brett Favre, a one-year Band-Aid. This is a totally different story.

"This is a kid who, if he does get traded - which I think is going to happen - you're getting him . . . smack dab in midst of his prime.

"He's not going to get any better than he will be in the next five or six years."

Esiason, an NFL studio analyst for CBS Sports and a morning host on WFAN, said he's certain the Jets are eyeing Cutler.

"I know [Jet GM] Mike Tannenbaum, by virtue of the fact that he brought Brett Favre here, I guarantee you he is absolutely all over this, 100 percent," Esiason said.

Asked, if he's the GM, what he would give the Broncos in a trade for Cutler, Esiason said, "I don't know what it would take. I'm not giving up two No. 1 draft choices for him. A No. 1 and [CB] Darrelle Revis? That ain't happening, so forget that.

"You have to remember you're also doing Denver a favor because he's a disgruntled player. There's also talk of Buffalo possibly trading Trent Edwards for Cutler. If I'm a Jet fan, I want Jay Cutler. Do I want Kellen Clemens or Jay Cutler? I'll take Jay Cutler over Kellen Clemens, believe me."

#82 User is offline   RUJebus Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver?

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cu...?urn=nfl,149110

#83 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (RUJebus @ Mar 19 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

That would be a terrible trade for Kansas City!
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#84 User is offline   RUJebus Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

More on Redskins being interested in Cutler

http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-...r-41399007.html

#85 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (The Reverend @ Mar 19 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be a terrible trade for Kansas City!

I disagree completely, JC > Cassell not even close IMO.

If Campbell could actually get a STEADY coaching staff, the dude would be legit.

#86 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Cutler has already proven himself to be a worthy starting QB. Cassel has not. Both are likely products of their systems, but there is a WIDE gap in talent between the two. I'd give up our first & Clemens for Cutler & throw in a conditional (3rd at best) pick based on performance if thats what it took.

Why dont we make that offer to KC for Cassell & send Cassel to Denver for Cutler in a three way deal?

I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#87 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (FlyHiJets @ Mar 19 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cutler has already proven himself to be a worthy starting QB. Cassel has not. Both are likely products of their systems, but there is a WIDE gap in talent between the two. I'd give up our first & Clemens for Cutler & throw in a conditional (3rd at best) pick based on performance if thats what it took.

Why dont we make that offer to KC for Cassell & send Cassel to Denver for Cutler in a three way deal?

Because you don't make a deal for someone and already have a plan to ship him the other way. Its as easy as a "no, we don't want that now" from Denver, and we are stuck with a player we THOUGHT we were going to deal the other way.

They don't want CLEMENS, I don't know why you guys keep putting him in the trade. Why in gods name would they want someone who is A) Not played in his system. B) Not been a starting QB for any means of time.

They want Cassell, or possibly Quinn since he has a little work in a NE type Offense.

#88 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Mar 19 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree completely, JC > Cassell not even close IMO.

If Campbell could actually get a STEADY coaching staff, the dude would be legit.

I agree, Cambell is a good QB. His numbers don't reflect it but he has changed systems and doesn't have the greatest receivers around him. I like him though when I watch Redskins games.

But anyways this is a BS rumor, will never happen. Doubt the Redskins part with Cambell either way, hes year 2 of the west coast offense this year. He should be better, and he wasn't even bad last year.
Posted Image

#89 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Jay Cutler-QB-Broncos Mar. 19 - 3:18 pm et

The Bucs and Lions "appear to be the frontrunners" to trade for Jay Cutler, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

The paper has the Jets "in the conversation," but calls it a long shot because New York lacks the ammo for a trade unless another team steps in. The most likely third party could be the Browns, who'd offer up one of their QBs.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#90 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Cutler is definitely going to be traded. IMO Way too much crap going on for the Broncos to keep him at this point.
Posted Image

#91 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (RUJebus @ Mar 19 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would the skins even be involved??? Jason Campbell is growing no?. Isn't Campbell their franchise Q.B right now?

#92 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Jay Cutler-Broncos feud heats up, Buccaneers, Lions and possibly New York Jets in the mix

by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger Thursday March 19, 2009, 2:49 PM
Streeter Lecka/GettyJay

Cutler's feud with the Broncos' front office and coaching staff continues to simmer, with the quarterback's agent, Bus Cook, firing the latest shot. Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, has escalated the tension between Cutler and the club by telling NFL.com Thursday that Denver owner Pat Bowlen promised Cutler that the offensive staff would remain in tact after coach Mike Shanahan was fired.

But new coach Josh McDaniels promptly fired the entire offensive staff, including offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, whom Cutler was close to.

Bowlen has denied making the remarks and he's said to be upset that his integrity is being called into question by Cook.

As a result of this latest salvo, it's looking more and more like Cutler and the Broncos are headed to a messy divorce. And trade talks could heat up at the owner's meetings in California, which begin on Sunday.

The Buccaneers and Lions appear to be the frontrunners to land Cutler, with the Jets also in the conversation. The Bucs tried to get Cutler a three-way trade involving the Patriots before the Chiefs swooped in and landed quarterback Matt Cassel, whom Denver was trying to obtain.

I still believe it's a long shot the Jets will land Cutler because as I reported on Monday, the Jets need a third team because they don't have the ammo to get Cutler. And, I don't think they would give up a bevy of draft picks to acquire him.

The Bucs, however, appear more than willing to give the Broncos whatever it would take to get Cutler. And the Lions have the first pick in the draft, with which the Broncos could draft a quarterback.

After the Jets obtained Brett Favre, I will never say never, but I would be surprised if they got Cutler. According to Pat Kirwan of NFL.com, the bidding for Cutler could start at two first-round picks. Are you willing to do that, Jets fans?

#93 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (CJBallar01 @ Mar 19 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the bidding for Cutler could start at two first-round picks. Are you willing to do that, Jets fans?

Not necessarily Mr. Kirwan. Have you heard of our master negotiator Mike Tannenbaum. M.T could sell ice to an eskimo, then sell him the fridge to put it in.

#94 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 19 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not necessarily Mr. Kirwan. Have you heard of our master negotiator Mike Tannenbaum. M.T could sell ice to an eskimo, then sell him the fridge to put it in.

Wow!! Tannenbaum is given way too much credit on this board....

#95 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Mar 19 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You (I think) is the only one who really "discredits" him and his ability. He's done some pretty fantastic things. Tanny can get any player he wants. If he wants him he'll get him.

Tell me.. when was the last time you heard a GM pull off a 3 way deal?.. M.T is up and coming in this league.

#96 User is offline   RUJebus Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 19 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would the skins even be involved??? Jason Campbell is growing no?. Isn't Campbell their franchise Q.B right now?

I could see the 'Skins involved because Snyder is 1) impatient, and 2) in love with big names. He already spent a ton of money on a big-name defensive player, so I could see him trading multiple picks and Campbell for Cutler. The guy plays fantasy football with an actual football team. Must be nice.

#97 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

I'm sure Mr. Cutler is feeling like the prettiest girl at the ball with all this attention he's getting. I like him and would love to see him in green and white, but this whole situation is going to make his prima donna ego even bigger.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#98 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Mar 19 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a negotiator, credit is deserved.

#99 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (RUJebus @ Mar 19 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could see the 'Skins involved because Snyder is 1) impatient, and 2) in love with big names. He already spent a ton of money on a big-name defensive player, so I could see him trading multiple picks and Campbell for Cutler. The guy plays fantasy football with an actual football team. Must be nice.

You sold me at "impatient" and "big names" exciting-32.png

#100 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

You need a QB to win in this league!! Very hard to win without one. I would really love the fact that QB won't be a question mark here for the next 10 years.

I'll keep saying this until hes traded, he will be traded!! Its a matter of to who??

But remember last year they were reporting Favre did not want to come here and it wasn't happening, the Bucs were the favorites. The out of nowhere we land Favre. I am hoping that out of nowhere I turn on Sportscenter to find out the Jets have their new starting QB!!
Posted Image

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users