NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: But Important - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
santana Icon : (Today, 04:26 PM) initiation is you have to high 5.... 5 pats fans in the span of a week
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) i wonder how ronny is doing as a fins fan lol.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I think he got sick of being an nfl fan all together
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) but thats just speculation
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I know its starting to make me sick
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) bad refs excessive commercials
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) shitty services available to stream it
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) loads of penalties
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) annoying replay system
santana Icon : (Today, 04:57 PM) ambiguous rules where the ref has to fucking explain everything to you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:58 PM) oh and the constant violence out side of the game. domestic abuse. murders. dui cases. gun charges. young players wanting to smoke weed with less repercussion. veteran players wanting less hgh testing to stay healthy and in the league
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) BUY BUD LIGHT GUYS AND A TACOMA NATIONWIDE IS ON YOUR SIDE PAPAJOHNS DISCOUNT DOUBLE fuck you you will buy it!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) end rant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:08 PM) lol NFL is a big money business, sometimes to run something that big, your gonna have some a-holes involved. any big company is like that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) i might not wanna read this then http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38459
santana Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) yeah heard about it
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ot: But Important

#1 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'm surprised nobody brought this up. It's world wide news and I was just talking to my doctor who is also a golf buddy ofne, and he said this might very well be the real deal. Have you guys heard about the swine flue? 40 cases in NY and 5 in NJ as of tonight.

Thoughts? Am I the only on worried?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/med_swine_flu

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682/?GT1=43001
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ Apr 27 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised nobody brought this up. It's world wide news and I was just talking to my doctor who is also a golf buddy ofne, and he said this might very well be the real deal. Have you guys heard about the swine flue? 40 cases in NY and 5 in NJ as of tonight.

Thoughts? Am I the only on worried?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/med_swine_flu

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682/?GT1=43001

I'm about as worried about it as I was worried about SARS and the bird flu. We just have to make sure we wash our hands and keep some Purel handy, it'll be alright.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Flu pandemics are not joke. No one knows what can happen

Nature is nature. There is no control over these things if the genetic strands are "new" to gene pool.

So yes...I am also nervous. No one ever knows, at the beginning, if it can be contained. While we haven't seen a pandemic in some time...they do happen in history and they can be lethal

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

I mean, I'm not worried for now because so far they've only reported mild cases. Things that come down to basically being a bad case of the sniffles. If we start seeing serious cases, than yes I will be worried.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

New Mexico City got screwed. They had an earthquake today too.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'm not that worried yet, the only fatal cases are in Mexico. I heard somewhere that there was a confirmed case in SUNY Cortland, hopefully that dies out so T.C. isn't affected, also its creeping closer to where I live, which is kinda scary.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

Swine flu was a pandemic in 1972 and during that time, a vaccine was developed. The fact that Mexicans are being blamed for it just leads me to believe that it was all a smoke screen by Tannenbaum to ensure that teams got scared of Sanchez and he fell to #5.

#8 User is offline   DirtySanchez Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Why are flu's always named after animals...it's wouldn't be so threatening if it was named something like the "Bacon Flu" or "Porkchop Flu"

By the way...new name, old member...but won't tell you who.

Site has really changed.

Feels good to be back

#9 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

was only a matter of time before someone became "Dirty Sanchez" grimace-32.png

#10 User is offline   DirtySanchez Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (TimmyLamJones @ Apr 27 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was only a matter of time before someone became "Dirty Sanchez" grimace-32.png

I've been gone for 3 years...just waiting for a good name to fall into my lap

#11 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (DirtySanchez @ Apr 27 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome back Vinny the Ginny! You were before my time on this forum...good to have another old school regular...

Jet and Dodger fan...hasn't posted in a while...changes screen name...I'm only saying..

#12 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome back Vinny the Ginny!

What????? Is that you Vinny??????
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome back Vinny the Ginny! You were before my time on this forum...good to have another old school regular...

Jet and Dodger fan...hasn't posted in a while...changes screen name...I'm only saying..

How do you know that?.. nah.. It can't be Vinny

#14 User is offline   DirtySanchez Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

What the hell...I tried to sneak in. How did you know that???

Whats up guys, long time no see.

S-Dubb, Blueline...glad to see you guys are still around. It feels good to be back.

#15 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Leon you're psychic! Belly.gif
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

I was thinking that considering spring break was a few weeks ago and that most of these reported cases of this swine flu are in a high school in New York. I'm wondering if somebody in that school went to Cancun or somewhere else in Mexico for spring break and ended contracting it and bringing the virus back with him/her to the U.S.

I just find it odd that more than half of the cases are in that New York high school.

Edit:
And after I wrote this I read a Washington Post article that confirms my theory.

Swine Flu Confirmed in New York Students - Washington Post
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#17 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

the flu has never got me

im actually hoping the swine one comes after me.. my wolverine like immune system would just dominate it. i never get sick i cant even remember the last time i had a cough its been so long.. and no i refuse to knock on wood
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#18 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (The Reverend @ Apr 28 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leon you're psychic! Belly.gif

Ron takes good care of me with the paper he sends me every month to make sure that there aren't members sneaking in under different names or alias'...some sort of paranoia issue he has been trying to work out with his therapist...

#19 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (DirtySanchez @ Apr 27 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that Vinny the ginny. Its been more than 3 years I think. Back on the waggon i see. j/k....

#20 User is offline   Celtic Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Its a small world - the couple who have the swine flu in Scotland live 2 miles from my house. They came back from honeymoon in Cancun last week. They got married in a hotel called the 3 Kings & I can see this hotel from my upstairs bedroom window. They are both 'doing well' in a local hospital. My eldest daughter knows a cousin of theirs & was speaking to her last Sunday blissfully unaware at that time of the circumstances. Luckily this cousin or any of her family has had no contact with the infected couple since they returned from Mexico.

To all you guys that are being complacent about this - remember the six degrees of seperation - if you don't know the theory look it up

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users