NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Official Jets Get Bbq'd At Arrowhead Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

BEARS VS PACK MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBAWLLLL WOO
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:08 PM) i'm gonna start calling out all the shitty players by wrong names. book it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:09 PM) and GMs. fire Izdik!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:13 PM) umm ok
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:13 PM) Idzik is the man that will get this team into the SB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:14 PM) with no CBs or WRs yeah right
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:14 PM) WE HAVE WR'S WE HAVE ERIC DECKER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:15 PM) 30 million in cap room and hasn't extended contracts for young players (like wilk) and hasn't gotten us dick for CBs or WRs. tried for rod-cro and failed, settled on patterson who was an ahole and got cut. cro is helping arizone win games and we got nothing
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) 1 Wr isn't enough and decker isn't even a proven number 1. salas, nelson, kerly, and hakim are our other WRs. kerly is a better #3 slot guy and the rest are trash so far
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) patience young grasshopper
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:16 PM) Idzik is the answer
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) lol i'm no longer a young grasshopper. there is a reason why older people don't come here. ron quit the jets, dubb went AWOL, crazy horse, blue line, etc all gone. all the older members just got fed up. i've ben here for 10+ years. I used to be young and hopefull like you guys, now i'm old and jaded
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) I'm 37 and I'm still here
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) patience is key
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) we are turning the corner
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) Idzik is the answer
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:21 PM) Some are more patient i guess lol. in the meantime lets fire izdik and be patient with a better GM
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:22 PM) so was MT, so was herm, so was hackett, so was dinger, people always think current staff is the answer, it rarely is
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) I see through izdik BS, the way he handles our players is bad. people aren't going to want to come here. he completly fucked up the DRC thing by refusing to call him back. giants did it right and made sure he didn't leave w/o a contract. we handed him to the giants. imagine the huge help he'd be with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) take a chill pill and go drink some good bourbon and chill out
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) DRC is overrated
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) we are going to build this roster through the draft
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:24 PM) and when a player deserves a big contract Idzik will roll out the red carpet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:24 PM) in FA
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) and Wilk will not be going anywhere
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) don't sweat it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) and we will be ok
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:25 PM) so he's not better then milner, walls, allem, wilson?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) either way. i'll be back on in a bit. bout to leave work and head home to watch the game. I believe in GENO!!!! (not so much in izdik)
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) IDZIK not IZDIK DAMNIT
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:30 PM) FIRE IZDICK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:41 PM) Just a little bit longer till GAMETIME!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:41 PM) J! E! T! S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 06:49 PM) WOO!
santana Icon : (Today, 06:49 PM) Seems like the fish are already having qb issues. POSTED BELOW
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) Who is going to gaurd Calvin Johnson next week?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) That will be an adventure
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) You realize I call him that purposely because I don't like him right?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) Calvin is gonna own us
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:15 PM) Milber of course
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:16 PM) Pee milber?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:17 PM) This really is a just win game considering we have Detroit, NE and denver coming up if we have any chance at the playoffs
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:17 PM) Must*
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) NE is sucking though. Det scares me
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) And chargers
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) I suspect we go 3-3 in the division. Have one loss now so that 4 losses. We need to go 3-2 against the bears, lions, chargers, pats and broncos to go 10-6
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Official Jets Get Bbq'd At Arrowhead Thread

#61 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

I just don't get the point of trash talking, I mean, remember the Giants game? We're talking like assholes (not me, tough) about how we'll whip their ass while we're the ones kissing their ass. No more trash talking guys, and don't think I like being the mommy.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#62 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:46 PM

Well I sure do hope it's loud in Arrowhead. The Chiefs and Royals are the teams they have route for. They don't have choice but to go to a chiefs game. Poor b a s t a r d s. hysterical.gif

#63 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 3 2005, 09:13 PM)
Not louder then a Metallica concert...  hysterical.gif

Or the Tennessee Volunteers, Michigan Wolverines, and especially the LSU Tigers. Oh yeah, LSU crowds actually made an earthquake once.

#64 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (ChadPenningtonrulez#10 @ Sep 3 2005, 09:39 PM)
Or the Tennessee Volunteers, Michigan Wolverines, and especially the LSU Tigers. Oh yeah, LSU crowds actually made an earthquake once.

Well it obviously wasn't an earthquake. Maybe they were able to effect the Richter Scale.
Posted Image

#65 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (ChadPenningtonrulez#10 @ Sep 4 2005, 02:39 AM)

You also forgot the Florida Gators, which is probably the loudest stadium in the world of sports.

#66 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 3 2005, 10:02 PM)
You also forgot the Florida Gators, which is probably the loudest stadium in the world of sports.

Yea they are loud but don't say in the world. Have even seen a soccer game from Europe now thats *beep*ing loud.

#67 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Sep 4 2005, 03:22 AM)
Yea they are loud but don't say in the world. Have even seen a soccer game from Europe now thats *beep*ing loud.

No, because I would fall asleep watching a soccer game.

#68 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 3 2005, 10:26 PM)
No, because I would fall asleep watching a soccer game.

SOCCER KICKS ASS!! Especially World Cup Soccer!
Posted Image

#69 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

Which BTW we beat Mexico to qualify for! YEEEEEEHAAAA, FIFA F'N ROCKS!

#70 User is offline   HuRRiCaNe ViLMa Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:58 PM

I will give it to the Chiefs... they look pretty good this year no doubt. Derrick Johnson is a beast, as are Kendrell Bell and Surtain. Defense is FINALLY improved after last years debocle. "We don't need players, just a defensive coordinator and new schemes." Riiiiiiiight, we all saw how that turned out. But that is beside the point. You say you don't see the Jets outscoring your Chiefs, are you blind? Penny is finally healthy and slingin the rock, our O-Line is as good, if not better, than yours (especially after your boy just got suspended for steroids - nice). Sowell can catch and block with the best of 'em. We got Coles back (hes gonna break Surtain at the knees), McCareins is big and way underrated, and of course Curtis "my favorite" Martin, nuff said.

Now to the defense. Donnie Henderson is a blitzing mastermind, and Trent will be running around for his life, I can gaurentee that. We added Law - healthy or not he will be able to stop any Cheifs WR (you have none). Plus adding Law opens up all kind of blitzing schemes. We can double Tony Gonzalez all day long with no fear of the WR's. You're right, maybe no LB can cover Tony, but if any can, Vilma is the one. Preist has to get by Shaun Ellis, D-Rob, and Abe who make up one of the top D lines in the league. The Chiefs have no D-line that I am aware of, I cant name one of them (and I play Madden!). Get by them, and Barton, Hobson, and Vilma will be waiting. Vilma is the best MLB in the league aside from Ray Lewis, who is soon to relinquish that title to Hurricane Vilma. After that, we got Law and Barrett (also very underrated) and Coleman and Rhodes (look out for our young safeties) behind them waiting.

Special Teams... you have Dante Hall. "The Human Joystick", he is sick, no doubt.
However, he has to catch Ben Graham's punts first. So far, no on has been able to accomplish that task, so good luck. We have the ellusive and speedy rookie from Clemson, Justin Miller (a steal in the 2nd round), and McCareins returning, depending on the situation. So thats a push in my book. And last but not least, Mike Nugent, a.k.a. Adam Vinetari Jr. He was named Captain at Ohio State (one of the best football programs in the history of the game) as a kicker, no more to be said. I don't even know who your kicker is, but the edge goes our way.

Bottom line, it is going to be a hell of a good game. No hard feelings, I am a Jets fan, had to get in some trash talk. As good as any reason to win, the Jets will be representing New York on Sept. 11th, so they WILL come out victorious.

I know we might see you guys again in the playoffs. Good Luck to you guys and your team this year, stay healthy, and we will see you in January!

Lets start the season already!! drinks.gif

#71 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 3 2005, 11:13 PM)
Which BTW we beat Mexico to qualify for! YEEEEEEHAAAA, FIFA F'N ROCKS!

Yes yes yes we did. 2-nil. I got home late from work so I only saw the second half but it it definately felt good to beat Mexico. Same score as the World Cup match back in 2002 in the round of 16. biggrin.gif USA! USA! USA!
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   HuRRiCaNe ViLMa Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:07 PM

do i have to register at the chiefs site to talk with them or what? cuz its not letting me log in.... lemme know something!

#73 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:10 PM

Yes you have to register but it's all pointless. You are gonna get a bunch of punks talking trash. It doesn't matter how logical you are. I was there. It was pathetic.

I think that is the last time I am going onto someone else's board to try and talk football. All I got was horseshit.

#74 User is offline   jv4kc Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 3 2005, 11:45 PM)
Yes you have to register but it's all pointless. You are gonna get a bunch of punks talking trash. It doesn't matter how logical you are. I was there. It was pathetic.

I think that is the last time I am going onto someone else's board to try and talk football. All I got was horseshit.

So sorry you got your delicate feelings hurt. I have enjoyed reading the posts on both sites today and yes there were some on the coalition that pushed too far. The smack was flowing freely early and often, then some wanted to actually talk football. Sorry, some don't switch it on and off as easy as others. If you would have come in talking football instead of smack you would have been received much better. As far as what I have read over here I would agree that going into the game you have a stellar defense and ours is just a big ?. We have seen flashes in the preseason but until we see our D on the field for 60 min we can only speculate. Right now I would give the edge in offense to us based on the fact that you are starting a new system and that Pennington had an abreviated camp to get used to it. We have been top 2 in scoring for the last 3 years and other than age I don't see anything else that would cause a drop off. So thats my .02. Good luck week 2-16.

#75 User is offline   BigRedChief Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 3 2005, 11:45 PM)

what a load of chit. You came over talking smack. Look at Ronny's post. What did he get in response?

Your first post:
Abraham, Vilma, Ellis, Law and Robertson owning Holmes and Green all day long.

Hope you guys brought your barf bags... this one's gonna make you sick!

Your second post:
Dont act like you didn't come on over to NYJetsFan.com first buddy!

I threw that site name out there for all you other peeps that wanna see what a real fanbase looks like. You know, one that goes to the playoffs every season. It's probably been a while since you been a fan of a team like that.

and we Chief fans are the pathetic punks? bullshit.gif

#76 User is offline   bleedgreen Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (HermIsMyHero @ Sep 3 2005, 07:12 PM)
how were you allowed to get  away with this statement!!! If you don't believe in Herm then you need to get the f-bomb out of here. This man is the only shot we got at something special and he's done nothing but prove himself year anfter year. All the teams that went the the playoffs since he;s been here have overachieved and you still dont thnk Herm is any good? That's a joke.

I don't like Herm! I love the Jets and have a right to my opinion.

#77 User is offline   Silock Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:19 AM

EDIT: Don't know why it's messing up like that... I closed all the tags, no?

[quote=HuRRiCaNe ViLMa,Sep 3 2005, 10:33 PM]
You say you don't see the Jets outscoring your Chiefs, are you blind?[/quote]

When it comes to offense, that's the one thing on the Chiefs squad that has never been a question mark. Best offense in the league two years ago, 2nd best last year (in terms of scoring... still #1 according to the league ratings)... no reason to think that there would be a dropoff, considering the offense has only improved.

Penny is finally healthy and slingin the rock

Let's hope it stays that way. I like that kid.

our O-Line is as good, if not better, than yours (especially after your boy just got suspended for steroids - nice)

Nnnnnnope. Can't even begin to agree with you there. Our O-line is the foundation of the offense and has been regarded as the best in the league for a couple of years now. The lineman that got suspended isn't a starter anyway... just a nice rotator.

McCareins is big and way underrated

I used to live in Nashville, and got to watch that kid on a day-in and day-out basis. He's way underrated, I agree.

Donnie Henderson is a blitzing mastermind

So is Gunther smile.gif

Trent will be running around for his life, I can gaurentee that

I don't see it. Our protection has always been great, even against defenses better than the Jets'.

We added Law - healthy or not he will be able to stop any Cheifs WR (you have none)

Which has mattered ... at all? No, because Green put up over 4,500 yards last year, and we had 2 receivers break the 1,000 yard reception mark. No receivers, no problem.

Plus adding Law opens up all kind of blitzing schemes. We can double Tony Gonzalez all day long with no fear of the WR's.

I sincerely hope you do. Double Tony, and let Kennison run free. But don't forget about Priest and Larry Johnson out of the backfield. Still have to cover them, too. Oh, and don't forget about Kris Wilson. I can see it now -- "Who the heck is that guy that just caught that 15 yard pass? We had Gonzalez covered!" There's too many weapons on the offense for you to even begin to think about double teaming one guy and shutting ANY part of the offense down.

The Chiefs have no D-line that I am aware of, I cant name one of them (and I play Madden!)

I agree here, and I think it's the only place so far that you haven't completely underestimated or overlooked the Chiefs smile.gif The big question has ALWAYS been on defense. It's never been on offense prior to this year, and that won't be changing this year.

However, he has to catch Ben Graham's punts first.

We have a punter that does that, too.

I don't even know who your kicker is, but the edge goes our way.

Awfully confident there, aren't you? If I were you, I would be, too. Our kicker sucks. Luckily, he'll only have to be kicking extra points smile.gif

Bottom line, it is going to be a hell of a good game.

Hear, hear! I definitely think this is a game that the Chiefs could easily lose. I don't believe they will, but it's going to come down to mistakes on defense. Your defense is better than ours, until proven otherwise. Our offense is better than yours, until proven otherwise. The Chiefs may have gone 7-9 last year, but going into the 4th quarter, we were either tied for or HAD the lead in most of the losses. If you look at the final scores, they were always pretty close (except for the 8 rushing TD performance against the Falcons smile.gif ).

The Chiefs defense never had to be spectacular, merely competent. I believe that they're closer to competent than anyone expects. Should be a great game smile.gif

#78 User is offline   Silock Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 3 2005, 10:45 PM)

Funny, we were dreading the Jets fans coming over there if they were going to behave anything like you did...

#79 User is offline   BigRedChief Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

Written by another Chiefs fan

Fans around the league have become accustomed to a Jets attack led by the consistent rushing attack of Curtis Martin but it's doubtful if the NY Jets come into Kansas City running the ball straight up between the tackles on power running plays as many have become accustomed to seeing this team do. If there's one thing this Chiefs defense will be focused on accomplishing on the defensive side of the football it's stopping the run.

Having said that, there are gonna be plenty of opportunities for this Jets football team to pick up chunks of yardage against the chiefs "new" defense. With the Chiefs OLBs you have 2 guys who love to go after the ball. You got one aggressive blitzing type pro bowl caliber LB #99 who hasn't taken but 5 or 6 full contact snaps in almost a year who will be pumped and ready to blast someone early. On the other side you got a speedy rookie #56 who loves to chase the ball. Put them together and you might have the fastest and most aggressive OLB tandem in the NFL. Couple that with a defensive coordinator who preaches killing the running game early on and both of these guys will need to be careful not to be overly aggressive early on. Look for Heimerdinger and co. to test them early on with misdirection plays, bootlegs, and an early reverse to Laveraneus Coles. If the Chiefs D passes theses tests there will still be the opportunity for some ground gains but don't expect much in the way of successful smash mouth football. Inside, DEs #96 and #98 play the run extremely well fundamentally and MLB #50 has done a good job on stuffing up between the tackles on power running plays at least in preseason. If you're gonna run the ball inside your best bet is on passing downs where you can run draw plays and take a chance that poor discipline and pursuit angles by the DTs, rush DEs, and occassional poor tackling by MLB#50 and OLB#56 might allow you to bust one for decent yardage.

In the passing defense department, the Chiefs are purely a left handed team (offenses right hand side). They have pro bowl caliber players at LCB and SS and a good coverage linebacker at LOLB. Your best bet would be to go to the opposite side of the field in the passing game. As "good" as the left side of their LBS and secondary are on paper against the pass, the right side is at least that bad if not worse. ROLB #99 is playing in a new system and has struggled in the past dropping back into coverage as he prefers to play running downhill attacking the quarterback and/or running back. RCB #22 is simply playing in the wrong system and struggles mightily playing one on one press coverage. FS #25 is subject to mental lapses in coverage. Look to throw to the left side of the field early on with short hitches and slant routes. As #22 comes up to defend the short routes look to go over the top where any of your receivers will be able to beat him deep as long as your QB can get the ball there. There should be plenty of oportunities for that exact scenario on early downs as #99 is an attacking linebacker and should be in on plenty of blitzes, and on 3rd downs as DB #20 will blitz out of the nickel package. If you can get a tight end or RB up against FS #25 and clear him out of space you should be able to make plenty of plays down the field - providing you can pick up the blitz.

The Chiefs defensive coordinator G. Cunningham loves to blitz but his players often do a poor job of disguising where the blitz is coming from. Last year this defense led the NFL in opponents yards to go on 2nd down but finished at or near the bottom in total defense, passing defense, as well as yards given up on 3rd down. The performance of the starting defense against the pass in preseason hasn't given many indications that a whole lot has changed in this department. If you can pick up the blitz and get one on one coverage downfield there will be plenty of opportunities for big plays in the passing game.

One wildcard will be the ability of the Chiefs front 4 to generate a pass rush. If they can get a pass rush then your offense will likely struggle doing anything. If they can't, and on paper they shouldn't, then youll see every blitz imaginable from them and whoever wins that battle will have a huge upper hand. If the creative blitzes get to your quarterback expect a long day for your offense and your quarterback. If you're able to pick up the blitzes expect a big day on offense.

Regardless of what happens in the passing game Edwards and Co. will have to get creative if they're gonna generate much in the way of a ground game so the Jets success or lack of should hinge on the passing game.

On the opposite side of the ball there are 2 main things to watch out for. The first will occur early on and should serve as a barometer for the rest of the game. The Chiefs offense thrives on creating one on one matchups down the field off play action pass mainly with their tight end #88 matched up against your slower LBs or smaller DBs. They generate good matchups by forcing you to stop their potent rushing attack which is and has been extremely left hand dominant. When RB #31 is in the game expect 70% of running plays to go to the left side with counters and sweeps led by 5 of the best blockers in the NFl including RG #66, C #62, LG #54, LT #77 and FB #49. Either you stop the left side runs or you don't. If you do then you can control the Chiefs running game and their even more potent play action pass. QB #10 is not exactly mobile and can be succeptible to even an average pass rush providing your front 7 can create 3rd and long opportunities.

If you don't stop the run then you're in for a long day not only with the rushing attack but also with the Chiefs speedy outside receivers particularly #87. The first couple of series should tell the story here. The Chiefs will come out running to the left as they have for ages. Zero in on the first 7 or 8 rushing plays and you'll have a good idea what kind've day it's gonna be for the Jets D. If the Jets can get through the first couple of series without giving up a long run to the left and without cheating 8 men up in the box then they're winning the early battles. If the Jets are cheating to stop the run this should be apparent realy quick as you'll see at least one long completion down the field (likely off PA pass) to either the TE or WRs within the first couple of series'.

Now, the 2nd thing to watch out for with the Chiefs Offense is backup tailback RB # 27. When he comes into the game the rushing attack will change. Instead of running outside and to the left look for them to run inside the tackles.

The absolute best case scenario for a Jets fan would be to see the D stopping the Chiefs initial outside runs with RB #31, (while at the same time not giving up any long 25+ yard bombs down the field), as well as stopping the inside runs of #27. By stopping, I'm referring to limiting the Chiefs running game to 3 yards or less per carry. If the jets D can do both those things then you force the Chiefs to play regular dropback and pass football, something you can expect this offense to struggle with.

The worst case scenario for a Jets fan would be to see both RBs come out and pile up the yardage on 1st or 2nd down. If thats the case you put a lot of pressure on your offense to outscore this Chiefs football team while playing in a hostile environment - something easier said then done.

Keys

Keys for the Jets to come out of arrowhead with a victory

- Pick up the blitz and get YAC on your short routes (yards after the catch)
- Go downfield and make plays in the passing game
- Get creative with the running game
- Stop the run in the first quarter - (particularly your right hand side of the field)
- Force 3rd and long and get to the quarterback.

Keys for the Chiefs to send the Jets packing back to NY with their tail between their legs

- If you're gonna blitz you gotta get to the quarterback
- Limit YAC
- Keep your RCB out of one on one coverage
- discipline by your outside linebackers
- establish at least one of your 2 running backs
- success in the kicking game
- Limit yards given up on 3rd down[/quote]

#80 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:12 AM

it's good to know that chiefs fans know how to make the beer get into their mouths and then swallow and then yell in the same direction all at once. it's a great achievment. i'm proud of you guys.

the best was in the '03 playoffs when you were all yelling and screaming as loud as your little chief mouths could as manning threw the game winning touchdown. now that was alot of decibels. really. you guys were really cranking out some noise. damn! you guys were all packed into arrowhead and yelling your little brains out and then you all went quiet as manning completed the game winning pass. i couldn't tell if your guys jaws dropped or you guys decide to try mime yelling at the poor hapless manning as he sent you packing back to the reservation. i don't know what mime yelling would do to demoralize an enemy team but you guys are the master of the arrowhead and i'm sure you know what your doing but i don't think it worked that time because manning ended your season anyways.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users