NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Official Jets Get Bbq'd At Arrowhead Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Official Jets Get Bbq'd At Arrowhead Thread

#81 User is offline   BigRedChief Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:15 AM

At least we have our own stadium.

And BTW the bronco fans have already lay claim to all the Camero and mullet jokes.

#82 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (LocoJet @ Sep 4 2005, 02:47 AM)
it's good to know that chiefs fans know how to make the beer get into their mouths and then swallow and then yell in the same direction all at once. it's a great achievment. i'm proud of you guys.

the best was in the '03 playoffs when you were all yelling and screaming as loud as your little chief mouths could as manning threw the game winning touchdown. now that was alot of decibels. really. you guys were really cranking out some noise. damn! you guys were all packed into arrowhead and yelling your little brains out and then you all went quiet as manning completed the game winning pass. i couldn't tell if your guys jaws dropped or you guys decide to try mime yelling at the poor hapless manning as he sent you packing back to the reservation. i don't know what mime yelling would do to demoralize an enemy team but you guys are the master of the arrowhead and i'm sure you know what your doing but i don't think it worked that time because manning ended your season anyways.

hysterical.gif Great post drinks.gif
Posted Image

#83 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (BigRedChief @ Sep 4 2005, 02:50 AM)

Atleast we have our own defense. You had to steal one from some area high school team.
Posted Image

#84 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Sep 4 2005, 02:52 AM)
Atleast we have our own defense.  You had to steal one from some area high school team.

We also know how to beat Peyton Manning at home in the playoffs...you guys keep working on it.
Posted Image

#85 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (BigRedChief @ Sep 4 2005, 02:50 AM)

And BTW the bronco fans have already lay claim to all the Camero and mullet jokes.

This guy wants to talk about statium's. hysterical.gif . Man these guys are weak. Bring something else other then that, that makes you sound like someone who confident in their team. Their trying to school me on their Oline. hysterical.gif . In their forum. Man forget everyone else Tell Tony to sit and Priest to ice his Knees they have the best Oline in football thier Oline alone will beat the Jets don't worry about it guys.

Your a joke

#86 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

i don't know what we'll do about gonzalez but vilma has got holmes in check. i think we'll hold him under 100 yds.

#87 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (LocoJet @ Sep 4 2005, 03:08 AM)
i don't know what we'll do about gonzalez but vilma has got holmes in check. i think we'll hold him under 100 yds.

Agreed. He will not be the same Holmes that people are used to seeing. After coming off 2 reconstructed Knee's it's not humanly possible. He'll be decent.

Tony is going to be a problem. Law will shut down half the field. They like to formation shift alot at the line to throw off the opposition. As long as our guys can keep the communication going we'll do O.K.

#88 User is offline   Silock Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:46 AM

Fine by us, actually. Because Larry Johnson will probably do more this season than Priest anyway.

#89 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Silock @ Sep 4 2005, 03:21 AM)
Fine by us, actually.  Because Larry Johnson will probably do more this season than Priest anyway.

So L.J is your starter.?

#90 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Sep 4 2005, 03:27 AM)
So L.J is your starter.?

I don't think so.Preist will get most of the carries anyways.

#91 User is offline   Silock Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:36 AM

Nope, but he's looked better in preseason than* Priest.

#92 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Silock @ Sep 4 2005, 04:11 AM)
Nope, but he's looked better in preseason than* Priest.

O.K so he's going to start over Holmes. hysterical.gif . Somebody come rescue this kid.

#93 User is offline   BigRedChief Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Sep 4 2005, 05:42 AM)
O.K so he's going to start over Holmes.  hysterical.gif . Somebody come rescue this kid.

Just chill. Where did he say he would start. He just stated a fact that LJ had a better pre-season. The key being pre-season. We will see when it gets real.

#94 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

I think enough has been said by both sides. We are all excited for the game. KC thinks they have made the correct changes to make a decent defense. However, the AFC is dominant because of dominant defenses and excellent running games. Decent isn't gonna beat the Jets.

I loved how on their site they said, "The Jets have to play a perfect game in order to beat us!" I remember hearing people say that about the Pats last year when we played them at 5-0. You know what we didn't play a perfect game, the Sowell fumble inside the 20 really screwed us over cause we were only down 6 points when the game ended. Had he not fumbled we might have kicked a FG and forced OT. Or since the Pats weren't stopping us we probably would have scored a TD. Point is we didn't play a perfect game and we still had the final drive to win the game. Anyway, they think WE have to play the perfect game to beat them. How foolish these guys are. WE proved we are one of the AFC's elite. They have proved to be a shitty defensive team for 2 seasons now. They think WE have to play the perfect game in order to win. LOL sorry guys, we all know that is BS.

#95 User is offline   HuRRiCaNe ViLMa Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:55 PM

Good posts guys. BigRedChief, I especially like yout post, even though you just provided numbers instead of names. Thats ok, i know football pretty well and know who you were talking about in each case. Its good to see posts from other teams fans, you get to see other perspectives that you might not have thought about. I also think that Larry Johnson is a freakin' animal. You guys got a steal with him. And hes your backup! He killed everyone in college, and from what I've seen from last year and this preseason, he looks poised to continue that in the NFL.

Silock, good post as well my freind. Of course I was underestimating your team (except yout D-line and kicker), I'm a Jets fan! The Cheifs are very solid, no doubt about it. But you know I have to be confident in my team. Your O-line probably IS a little better, but we are right behind you if Adrian Jones can step up and perform to McKenzies level last year (as I and most think he will). He has to go against Shaun Ellis everyday in practice, so that is a huge help. Word is, that he is looking even better than anyone had expected. He has HUGE potential, he just needs to focus that into performance on the field. Hopefully this is a good game and it comes down to a 60 yarder by my boy Nugent, and he splits the uprights.

Good Luck Guys

CHEERS! drinks.gif

#96 User is offline   DefensiveMan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 2 2005, 11:45 PM)
I dont know if you've been properly introduced:

Ty Law meet Trent Greent.

There now you've been officially introduced.

Oh I almost forgot John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Dewayne Robertson and Vilma.
I think they're gonna get to know you real well.

Yeah...we'll see how Pennington likes Bell on his azz.

#97 User is offline   DefensiveMan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Sep 4 2005, 01:51 AM)
hysterical.gif Great post drinks.gif

You're pretty hot girl... biggrin.gif

#98 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (DefensiveMan @ Sep 4 2005, 02:57 PM)
Yeah...we'll see how Pennington likes Bell on his azz.

hahah. Good one smart guy. Don't quit your day job.

#99 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (bleedgreen @ Sep 4 2005, 02:23 AM)
I don't like Herm! I love the Jets and have a right to my opinion.

BLEEDGREEN, I agree with your assessment of HERM and the JETS! Little kids who are refugees from the JUNIOR JETS forum should not post here. They simply can not disagree without stupidity and childish statements! Please excuse HERMSMYHERO and hope that he has homework to do and won't post much longer with the adults! diespam.gif
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

#100 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (bleedgreen @ Sep 3 2005, 09:39 AM)
Some pretty brash statements indeed! We'll see what happens. I'd say that if we don't get we a win on 9/11 that we'd get payback in the playoffs, but the only way KC's going to the see the Jets in the playoffs is by buying tickets and sitting in the stands! As far as Herm goes you can have him!!!! He's the ideal coach for you guys. Good for 9-10 wins and a playoff appearance, but no Super Bowl!

I agree completely! SCREW HERMSMYHERO and his childish rants. When a JETS fan can not express an opinion without being told to" get the Fk out of here" by a child who happens to disagree, then we simply have nothing in common. BLEEDGREEN, do you think that the refugee from the JUNIOR JETS forum agrees with everything his DADDY and MOMMY say to him? Do you think he tells them to "get the fk" out of here? I don't! Lets hope he has lots of homework to do and has no time to post on an adult forum! blowup.gif
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users