NYJetsFan.com Forums: Nfl Suspends Lb Calvin Pace 4 Games - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nfl Suspends Lb Calvin Pace 4 Games

#1 User is offline   NOMAD Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

The NFL just released this statement on LB Calvin Pace through a league spokesperson:

“Calvin Pace of the New York Jets has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2009 season for violating the NFL Policy on Performing Enhancing Substances.”

Pace, who is eligible to practice with his teammates during training camp and participate in all of the club’s preseason games, will begin serving his suspension prior to the Jets’ regular season opener at Houston on September 13. He will then be eligible to return to the team on Monday, October 5, following the Jets’ October 4 game at New Orleans.

“We respect the League’s decision and look forward to Calvin’s return for our Monday Night game at Miami,” said the Jets in a statement.

The 6’4”, 270-pound Pace was a key free agent acquisition when he joined the Jets on March 3, 2008. And the fluid outside linebacker didn’t disappoint in year one, racking up a career-high seven sacks for New York's AFC representative. Pace, whose 12 tackles behind the line of scrimmage led the team, also paced the Jets with a career-best four fumble recoveries (tying for the NFL lead in that category) and tied for the club-high with five forced fumbles.

“This is a situation that resulted from an over-the-counter dietary supplement that contained a substance that I did not know violated the League’s policy," he said in a statement. "I am responsible for what I put into my body and I should have paid closer attention to the League’s guidelines. I regret that this has happened and apologize to my teammates, the entire Jets organization as well as the fans. Hopefully, this does not distract from our ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl.”

After Pace spent his first five pro seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, the Jets reportedly inked the coveted defender to a six-year, $42 million dollar deal with a $20 million signing bonus last spring. His absence will be missed early on in ’09 and someone will have to step up in his absence.

Selected sixth overall in the 2008 NFL draft, Ohio State product Vernon Gholston missed important time last spring because the school year didn’t end until June. But in 2009, the 6’3”, 264-pound Gholston has been present at all of the Jets’ offseason activities and has rarely ventured far from the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Even as most of the team is away until training camp, Gholston has been getting in extra work in both the weight room and the film room.

“It’s been huge, just my growth as a player and within this defense,” he said this spring. "I’ve actually been able to go through the installs, be a part of the OTAs and kind of grasp all the things I missed last year.”

When the Jets hired Rex Ryan in January, the rookie head coach expressed his excitement to mentor the talented Gholston.

"I see some things in his play that I knew that I would like to coach this young man because I don't even think he's scratched the surface of the kind of player he can be," Ryan said.

Back in 2007, Gholston racked up 14 sacks to set an Ohio State record. His 22.5 career sacks were the fifth highest total in school history and Jets Nation will be eager to watch his development under the new defensive staff.

"What we’ve done a good job of doing is identifying what a guy can do and let him do that. Let's turn him loose and let him play to his strengths. At the same time we’re working on what he might be deficient in. A guy like Vernon, we’re going to find out early what he can do,” said defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. “I think a big part with him is getting him some confidence early.”

In the Jets’ 3-4 front, David Harris and Bart Scott will man the inside ‘backer positions. Veteran Bryan Thomas, who picked up 5.5 sacks last season, will return on the outside and now Gholston will have a golden opportunity to contribute. The Jets also like their young OLB reserves in Marques Murrell and Jason Trusnik.

The new-look defense will be challenged immediately in Jets' opening quartet of games — @ Houston (9/13), vs. New England (9/20), vs. Tennessee (9/27) and at New Orleans (10/4). In 2008, the Texans finished 3rd in total offense, the Patriots finished 5th and the Saints were No.1 overall.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

thats lame
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Well that sucks...... We may have to start the season with Gholston as a starter. Actually Marques Murrel or Jason Trusnik may get it, especially Trusnik. He did really good against the Dolphins last year when he was on the field, but I thought he was a ILB. Maybe that guy Jammal Westerman can step up and get playing time?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

It's time for Gholston to step up. This is a classic example of one mans misfortune could be other mans opportunity.

#5 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

That fuckin Blows man. EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR.
You know, what kind of illegal drug could be in a dietary supplement that could give you an edge playin football? couldt he have checked with someone from the Jets Organization or the strength and conditioning coach to make sure he is not putting something in his body that could get him suspended. This is a big loss IMHO for the 1st 4 games...dam

#6 User is offline   JoeBoo Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Dear, that is a big loss. Many players have stepped up though over the years. With this news Gholston should be primed to compete as a starter, I can't see him playing too many plays. It will most likely be a heavy rotation with others on the depth chart.

I don't think there is any chance Pace will try and appeal the suspension either.
user posted image

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

the NFL is not above the supreme law of the land. players are people and citizen 1st.
its things like this that make me wonder if players and Fans jumped to another Football league and the NFL went bankrupt that would be Sick as you youg gents say. http://www.ufl-football.com/
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

reminds me of vilma and cowart

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Jul 2 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the NFL is not above the supreme law of the land. players are people and citizen 1st.
its things like this that make me wonder if players and Fans jumped to another Football league and the NFL went bankrupt that would be Sick as you youg gents say. http://www.ufl-football.com/

not for the kind of money you get to be in the nfl

but godell has been pissing me off lately
hes annoying i dont get why hes the determining factor on someones career and life.
how did he earn that right its boolshit
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#10 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

Gotta be fuckin kidding me!!!

#11 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

we be screwed fml Cry.png beaten-32.png Furious.png
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   RaphAC Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:punching people

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Its only four games, Im actually excited to see what these young guys can do.
trusnik, westerman, murrell all have a chance to shine oh yea not to mention gholston.

then for monday night weve got a fresh and rested 260 pound monster to break chads fins.

I honestly dont think were in that much trouble over this one considering the depth we have.

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jul 2 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's time for Gholston to step up. This is a classic example of one mans misfortune could be other mans opportunity.

Agreed. Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise, and that the new regime can have a positive impact on Vernon.

If anything I think they should give Gholston the starting job those first couple of games because then the coaches and front office would not have to wait long to determine whether he was all hype and workouts leading up to last year's draft.

#14 User is offline   harris13 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (RaphAC @ Jul 3 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its only four games, Im actually excited to see what these young guys can do.
trusnik, westerman, murrell all have a chance to shine oh yea not to mention gholston.

then for monday night weve got a fresh and rested 260 pound monster to break chads fins.

I honestly dont think were in that much trouble over this one considering the depth we have.

yeah, and in those four games are the pats and titans and the saints who we play in the superdome.

#15 User is offline   RaphAC Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

If your worried about any of them, then your gunna have a great year, it doesnt get any better.

I have a weird feeling about this team, like were gunna be unstoppable.

anyway, does anybody know where to find the clip of pace catching the guy trying to hurdle him and slamming him on his face?

#16 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (RaphAC @ Jul 3 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your worried about any of them, then your gunna have a great year, it doesnt get any better.

I have a weird feeling about this team, like were gunna be unstoppable.

anyway, does anybody know where to find the clip of pace catching the guy trying to hurdle him and slamming him on his face?

We have 1 receiver, dunno whos playing qb yet(neither are proven), and are biggest playmaker is disgruntled and you think we are going to be unstoppable? Now, i could understand maybe a wierd feeling we can contend or going to be good or our defense will be lockdown, however, to say our team will be unstoppable is beyond a bold statement. Unstoppable means we have no flaws and we just roll over people, we dont have anywhere near the offensive fire power for that. Not trying to get on you just stating what should be the obvious.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   RaphAC Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

ok, your right, I meant our D is gunna be unstoppable, pace or not.

I feel ya on the O side of the ball, but even them dont have me to worried

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Calvin tries to explain.

Calvin Pace Trying to Explain
Posted on July 3rd, 2009 by Bassett Calvin Pace has put up a post on his Yardbarker blog, and in which he essentially says the same thing as his statement to the NFL, but in which he does a little more explaining.

I’m sure you’ll hear this news eventually, and I’d rather you hear it from me first. I have been suspended for four games by the NFL due to my mistakenly ingesting a banned substance. I apologize to my family, the jets organization, my teammates, fans and friends. This situation occurred purely by accident and was in absolutely no way a result of my trying to cheat the system put in place by the NFL. However, as a man and a public figure I am aware that I must take full responsibility for everything I do. I also know that it’s just as important to learn from my mistakes and help others avoid them in any way that I can. In the future, I will be more proactive in knowing what substances are banned and EXACTLY what is in everything I put into my body. I truly hope that my mistake does not bring unwanted distractions to my teammates and our ultimate goal of being a championship team. I also hope that you, my fans, will forgive this accidental indiscretion.

#19 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

The NFL should have a computerized system that stocks and delivers authorized dietary supplements that players request for their health etc,in this way they share in the responsibility. And when you still find cases that are corrupted the NFL has a stake in it and could be disipline by the federal govnerment. All those in favor say I.

This post has been edited by gmany3k: 03 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jul 3 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not for the kind of money you get to be in the nfl

but godell has been pissing me off lately
hes annoying i dont get why hes the determining factor on someones career and life.
how did he earn that right its boolshit

Uhhh, it's called being the COMMISSIONER and that title entitles him to administer due process as he and NFLPA have agreed to. Pace AND any other player who gets caught ARE MORONS, they ALL know what is legal & illegal and they just try to get over. When they get caught they ALL give the same old BS line "I was getting an over the counter dietary supplement & it contained some banned substance that I was not aware of" yada yada yada...FVCKING MORONS!!! Furious.png
PS I think Goodell is doing an EXCELLENT job, screw these primodonnas, they get what they deserve

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users