NYJetsFan.com Forums: Calvin Pace: A Tale Of A Roided Up Sore Loser - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Calvin Pace: A Tale Of A Roided Up Sore Loser

#1 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

Said Jets LB Calvin Pace, "I'm going to be honest, I can't respect that stuff. All that Wildcat. Because we're in the NFL, man. If you're out there running that nonsense, it's crap. They got us today but we'll see them again and we'll have something for them. I guess you have to give them credit but the defense lost the game."

Click Here

Wow. Simply wow. Not only does Bart Scott make an ass of himself by saying the Jets had the cure for the wildcat but after Miami basically exposes the Jets D for being extremely overrated, Pace comes out looking like a little whiny girl saying the wildcat is crap.

Well, Pace, your going to get your chance to face it in a few weeks..That is, if you can stop getting caught for juicing.

#2 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

I'm not sure you exposed the D as being overrated but Pace needs to STFU. To every Jet and Jet fan the WILDCAT was better than you. I just don't expect it to happen twice. Can't wait for round two in the Meadowlands.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Too bad he wasn't caught roiding moron............. He was caught on a supplement that was banned. Is he a roider? IDK maybe, its hard to not think most NFL players are roiders. But he wasn't caught on it....

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

He took the equivalent of a vitamin...

And while I spent the better part of the last 2 days defending the Wildcat against Jets fans who thought too lowly of it...I'm now going to talk against it to Dolphins fans who think too highly of it.

It is not an offense. It is an offensive set, or package, just the same way the shotgun is a set.

The Dolphins have the perfect roster for the package right now with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Two runners who are very good in traffic...ie patience, vision, lower body strength, and creativity. Without Ronnie and Ricky the wildcat won't be nearly as effective. And considering Ricky plans on hanging up the cleats as soon as he pays back his debt to the Phins, it might not last much longer.

As soon as Chad Henne develops and they can really on him to win games we will see less and less of the wildcat. It will always be there in the NFL from now on...but it will never be as prominent as it is right now on the Phins. Other teams have tried it and have already started using it less and less if even at all.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

sounds like bitterness that we snagged this guy away from miami

Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (santana @ Oct 13 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like bitterness that we snagged this guy away from miami

Not really. You guys can keep him. I want defensive players on my team that don't talk out of their ass like Scott and Pace.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really. You can guys can keep him. I want defensive players on my team that don't talk out of their ass like Scott and Pace.

LMAO have you seen your defense?

Clam Chowda, Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holliday(when he was there), akin adole........
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

We are still ahead of the Fins in the division. I'm past this loss, it was a down game for the Jets and it happens. We need to bounce back against the Bills, and we see the Fins at the Meadowlands in a couple weeks.

#9 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Oct 13 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO have you seen your defense?

Clam Chowda, Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holliday(when he was there), akin adole........

Have you seen yours? I know it might be hard to considering they were being plowed into the ground the majority of last night by Miami's stellar offensive line.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen yours? I know it might be hard to considering they were being plowed into the ground the majority of last night by Miami's stellar offensive line.

Hey genius...you started yapping about talkative players and how you wouldn't want them on your team...jetsfan0099 merely pointed out that your team has the queens of said smack talk in Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, and Channing Crowder.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Oct 13 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey genius...you started yapping about talkative players and how you wouldn't want them on your team...jetsfan0099 merely pointed out that your team has the queens of said smack talk in Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, and Channing Crowder.

I didn't say talkative. I said players who talk out of their ass. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be upset that you have guys on your defense that talked up a big game about Miami and its wildcat only to get owned on national television.

Perhaps I should of said: I don't want whiny bitch ass sore loser players on my football team.

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say talkative. I said players who talk out of their ass. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be upset that you have guys on your defense that talked up a big game about Miami and its wildcat only to get owned on national television.

Perhaps I should of said: I don't want whiny bitch ass sore loser players on my football team.

It's alot easier when you are winning man. No way are we saying what Pace said is right, he sounds like a dumbass to me, IMO. But you guys won the game, obviously nothing is going to come out of your mouths.

By the way, you won the game at home and you were barely underdogs. Don't go around acting like this is some crazy win by the Fins and you guys are upsetting. We all knew this game would be close, the defense was just not up to it. How about you give your Run game/Wildcat some credit, and not take it away from the defense.

#13 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joey Porter and Jason Taylor anyone?

This reminds me of a game many many moons ago when the Dolphins were winning by some ridiculous score, and the Jets came back in a miracle victory. And Jason Taylor was smack talking to FANS!!! Ffffaaaannnss!!!!??? And than when the Dolphins lost he was crying...wwwwaaaahhhh....wwwwwaaaahhh.....wwwaahhhh.

It's not like Pace is known for saying dumb things...he probably got frustrated and blurted this out in the locker room shortly after the game...more mad at himself.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

"I used to see all those gimmicks back when I was coaching college, and one thing we could always do is stop the run," Ryan said. "It was ridiculous. We tried a million different groupings and nothing worked."

Classy. I wonder why Rex thinks this has to do with the scheme. Miami flat out out-executed the Jets defense.

Stopping the wildcat isn't about a scheme or blitz package. Its simply beating the guy in front of you and making a play on the ball carrier. Its real easy for Ryan to look like a genius when you have R. Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, and Suggs stuffing the wildcat.

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Classy. I wonder why Rex thinks this has to do with the scheme. Miami flat out out-executed the Jets defense.

Stopping the wildcat isn't about a scheme or blitz package. Its simply beating the guy in front of you and making a play on the ball carrier. Its real easy for Ryan to look like a genius when you have R. Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, and Suggs stuffing the wildcat.

Go away man, you won the game. It shows your real class in how you handle a god damn win.

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everything is about scheme.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Oct 13 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go away man, you won the game. It shows your real class in how you handle a god damn win.

No. I'm going to gloat about this win for a little while longer. All I heard this off-season was Rex Ryan this, Mark Sanchez that, we know how to stop the wildcat blah blah blah. I would be extremely disappointed if I were you guys. The Jets had the savior QB and the new genius of the year in Ryan. How could they get so embarrassed on MNF?

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Oct 13 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything is about scheme.

If that were true then the Jets would of stopped Miami's running game. Ryans scheme was the same as Baltimores.

#18 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (BadMrFrosty @ Oct 13 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I'm going to gloat about this win for a little while longer. All I heard this off-season was Rex Ryan this, Mark Sanchez that, we know how to stop the wildcat blah blah blah. I would be extremely disappointed if I were you guys. The Jets had the savior QB and the new genius of the year in Ryan. How could they get so embarrassed on MNF?

Sanchez is a rookie, I know many forget, but he is a ROOKIE. No one here anointed ANYONE the savior. By the way, we are still ahead of you in the division, if you forgot. I wouldn't say we were embarrassed on MNF. We were barely favored, and we had the lead until the last second. It was a home game for you, in your heat.

I think it was a pick 'em game, and thats exactly what it turned out to be. No on was embarrassed, you chewed up our defense and still you guys were in position to lose the game. We have given props to you for the W, but we are still in first.

If that were true then the Jets would of stopped Miami's running game. Ryans scheme was the same as Baltimores.

You obviously made changes, and obviously the personnel here didn't do the job. Again, instead of giving your team some credit, you are taking some from us.

#19 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

I don't know why you all continue to give Frosty fuel to his fire. He is right and I think this is a lesson here: the players need to be accountable for not doing their jobs. Rex is perplexed because he thought his players would be able to handle the Miami offense. He was wrong. The good thing is there were a few new wrinkles which next time he'll be ready for and his players will likely be highly motivated to prove that this was a one game fluke.

Remember, regardless of what people are saying on here this is still a defense that has played great all year against quality offensive opponents. There is a weakness in the run defense and it will be addressed by the staff. The players still gotta execute though.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

So rex ryan (who knows more about football then any of us) called it a gimmick used in college. come on jetman05 and hurricanejet call him a dumbass and tell him he doesn't know football like u did to me.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users