NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Comes To Press Conference With A Speech - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:51 PM) lol
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) JAMEIS WINSTON TO THE JETS
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:10 PM) The best big game quarterback I've ever seen.
santana Icon : (Today, 05:39 PM) Who is this guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) For Halloween im going to he a New York Jets Quarterback. Not only am I hard to look at I also suck the life out of fans!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:09 PM) be*
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:04 PM) What did you dress up as for Halloween santana? A High 5ing circus clown who calls himself a moderator?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sanchez Comes To Press Conference With A Speech

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Sanchez comes to press conference with a speech
Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2009 6:51 PM ET
After Sunday's season-killing loss to the Jaguars, in a game that we described at SportingNews.com as the first playoff game of quarterback Mark Sanchez's career, Sanchez showed up for the post-game press availability as if he were running for class president.

He brought a speech.

Here's what he said: "I've got a couple of things to say real quick. You guys will probably have some questions after. This should hit on everything. [There] are just some things I'm thinking here real quick. We'll change it up. OK?

"First play of the game, [I had an] early mistake. It can't happen. It put our offense in a tough spot. [It was] a great read. J-Co [Jerricho Cotchery] runs an awesome route and it's just a physical mistake and underthrown ball. The best part about it, the mental side of it, I battled back all game.

"[I] played smarter the rest of the game [and I am] proud of my effort. Second thing [with] the interception, the defensive end makes a pretty good play. The guy got up there and just spooked me off the edge there and made a great play. In the big scheme of things, it didn't hurt us. We got the ball back. Our defense played their tail off and got us the ball.

"The last drive of the game [was] just unbelievable effort. The offensive line [did a great job]. I've got some guys written down here: [David] Clowney, J-Co [Jerricho Cotchery], and Dustin [Keller], Braylon [Edwards]. Those third-down conversions were unbelievable. [It was] a great effort.

"Clowney comes in and makes one huge catch. It changes the course of the game and keeps our drive alive. Then, the O-line [was] giving you tons of time on that drive. At the end of that drive, we scored. T.J. [Thomas Jones] punches it in. [With] the two-point conversion, I've got to put it on Braylon sooner. He makes a good effort going after the ball, but that ball has got to be there sooner so nobody can knock it out of his hands.

"The bottom line to this whole thing, to this entire game, to our entire season is find a way to find a way. Coach [Ryan] challenged us already. We've got to find a way to win some games. Right now we're finding ways to lose, but we're in a position right now to sink or swim. I know we've got a lot of fight in us. We've got some great veteran leaders and they've been in spots like this before, so we're going to call on their leadership [and] call on our coaching. Great job today too from Schotty [Brian Schottenheimer] and Cav [Matt Cavanaugh]. [They had] just unbelievable play-calling in that last drive, so [it's] sink or swim [and] find a way to find a way."

Of course, Sanchez still faced questions after giving his speech. And the first question was, well, why give a speech?

"It just hit me after this game the way our season is going [and] the message that we want to send," Sanchez said. "That's the bottom line to us. That's what Rex [Ryan] said to us. He said, 'It's sink or swim.' This is it. It's up or down, win or lose or whatever you want to call it. We're in a position right now where we need to win some games and win a lot in a row."

Still, we're not sure why he opted for prepared remarks. It could be a sign that he doesn't like being asked a bunch of questions after a crappy performance.

And if that's the case, he's playing in the wrong city. __________________

#2 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

I saw his post game speech, he looked PISSED. Its no surprise he doesn't like the NY media, and has never delt with real adversity. I had no problem with how he went about things at the presser, the media are jackals F EM
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#3 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

I dont have a problem with this. I know I have trouble dealing with things such as having a conversation with anyone about anything after a loss like this, so a prepared speech makes sense. I'm glad he cares so much, but the whole team needs to spend the rest of the season just playing hard and not making mistakes. This team needs to learn how to win, anyone else notice how every loss has been close save the Saints game (which was close for most the game)? Just learn to win (and that falls on both the defense and the offense as well as the special teams) and then talk smack.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='16 November 2009 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1258361195' post='287607']
Still, we're not sure why he opted for prepared remarks. It could be a sign that he doesn't like being asked a bunch of questions after a crappy performance.

And if that's the case, he's playing in the wrong city. __________________
[/quote]

Ah go f*** yourself Mike Florio....maybe, just maybe (like Sanchez said) he has a few things he wanted to make sure he touched on so he wrote them down. A dur dur dur.

And if he really was trying to avoid a bunch of simpleton, jackass questions than maybe Mike Florio...good for him. Maybe instead of giving into how "tough" the NY media is supposed to be, Sanchez is just going to say f*** you and do it his way. If you don't like it...if that's the case, you're talking to the wrong guy Mike Florio.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

He's played a few weeks here and he's already realized which questions he's going to be asked and why. I think it's quite astute of him to help out the media and touch on everything before they ask it.

I'm realizing more and more that some of these beat writers just like to be pandered to. They don't like being made to feel less important than the subjects of their articles... which is why Florio wrote this. New generation time, you old fogies.

He was a little catty at the end when he said, "I don't see how you guys can have anymore questions..." but it's a different approach.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users