NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Foundation Has Been Laid - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Foundation Has Been Laid New Jets Era

#1 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

It seems fitting that this coming of age team is playing the heavily favored Indianapolis Colts in the AFC title game.

Regardless of whether or not the Jets make it to the Super Bowl this year, the young core of this team is incredibly promising. I can't imagine the New York Jets NOT being contenders every year.

Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller, Cotch, Braylon, Mangold, D-Brick...all of them are 27 and under.

Rex Ryan also has Revis and Harris anchoring the #1 defense in the NFL...the future looks very bright guys.

#2 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

Not only that but do you trust the team to make good player decisions and fix any problems they have? I do. I'm a Mets fan and all my life I never trusted them to make good decisions (well, not since Bobby V was fired), but that Jets were always the same way. Not anymore. Not with Tanny and Rex in charge. Even if the team does not win it all this year I'm sold on this organization's ability to make good decisions and stay on top.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Since Tannenbaum has became GM this team has been making good decisions in bringing in the right players, I expect that this team to continue to draft well and bring in good players because they have shown that they do. Plus it looks like he hired a winner in Rex, someone guys love playing for and is a defensive genius.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Agreed! Win or lose against Indy, this team finally seems to be heading in the right direction.

#5 User is offline   Mangenius Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

I could not agree more. Tannenbaum has done and exceptional job in the draft (minus VG of course but you can't get them all right). His trades have just been amazing. I mean this guy traded up to get Revis, Harris, Keller, Sanchez, and Greene. I saw many so-called experts question the logic in giving up mutiple picks to acquire 1 player. They said that it would kill the Jets depth. The only question I ask is whether you want depth or you want big time players. Every trade deal that Tannenbaum has made to move up in the draft has resulted in the Jets acquiring big-time talent. Just look up north to New England. Coach hoodie was regarded as a genius for stock-piling picks. His past few drafts have been absymal, and now even Pats fans are pointing to the Jets as a model for a front office. It's a tribute to Mr. T and his staff on sound evaluation and sound draft manuvering. Like the old Allstate ad says, with he and Rex we are in good hands!!!!

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

:Belly: someone make this guy look more like Rex than Me please.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   cat50 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

[quote name='Mangenius' date='18 January 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1263832026' post='293119']
I could not agree more. Tannenbaum has done and exceptional job in the draft (minus VG of course but you can't get them all right). His trades have just been amazing. I mean this guy traded up to get Revis, Harris, Keller, Sanchez, and Greene. I saw many so-called experts question the logic in giving up mutiple picks to acquire 1 player. They said that it would kill the Jets depth. The only question I ask is whether you want depth or you want big time players. Every trade deal that Tannenbaum has made to move up in the draft has resulted in the Jets acquiring big-time talent. Just look up north to New England. Coach hoodie was regarded as a genius for stock-piling picks. His past few drafts have been absymal, and now even Pats fans are pointing to the Jets as a model for a front office. It's a tribute to Mr. T and his staff on sound evaluation and sound draft manuvering. Like the old Allstate ad says, with he and Rex we are in good hands!!!!
[/quote]

Concur..I looked back at the last 3 or 4 drafts...it's amazing the success rate minus VG...huge credit to Tanny for that AND the balls to make the trades happen...Shon Greene and Leon as 3RD and 4th round picks? WE KNOW TALENT!! Pouha has been huge lately...wasn't he something like a 5th or lower?

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

[quote name='cat50' date='18 January 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1263838079' post='293155']
Concur..I looked back at the last 3 or 4 drafts...it's amazing the success rate minus VG...huge credit to Tanny for that AND the balls to make the trades happen...Shon Greene and Leon as 3RD and 4th round picks? WE KNOW TALENT!! Pouha has been huge lately...wasn't he something like a 5th or lower?
[/quote]

Pouha was a third rounder if I remember correctly. Arguably he would have gone higher had he not come out of college at the age he did.

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

A new foundation was laid when Rex was hired. Even if we never made the playoffs a new era has been laid

#10 User is offline   RaisedOnRiots Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Ownership and Management can elevate or kill a team just as fast as good or bad talent, and for a MUCH longer time.

Lord, how I DO know this. [img]http://www.sinisterclub.com/images/smilies/SmileyFacepalm.png[/img]
"And He Leadeth Them, To Suckage"...

#11 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='18 January 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1263844322' post='293170']
A new foundation was laid when Rex was hired. Even if we never made the playoffs a new era has been laid
[/quote]

no question. when the Jets drafted Mark Sanchez, the elephant in the room was the fact that nobody expected him to take the Jets deep into the playoffs...which was a fair assumption, for sure.

however, this team is 1 VICTORY AWAY FROM THE SUPERBOWL! it's like the entire organization just got a shot of steroids. lord knows i'm juiced on them Jetties!

Shonn Greene = Michael Turner

#12 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

I'm tellin you guys, there are beat writers that read this website.

[url="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/politi_as_interesting_as_ny_je.html"]foundation has been laid [/url]

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

[quote name='Swissle' date='19 January 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1263884019' post='293280']
no question. when the Jets drafted Mark Sanchez, the elephant in the room was the fact that nobody expected him to take the Jets deep into the playoffs...which was a fair assumption, for sure.

however, this team is 1 VICTORY AWAY FROM THE SUPERBOWL! it's like the entire organization just got a shot of steroids. lord knows i'm juiced on them Jetties!

Shonn Greene = Michael Turner
[/quote]

Yo.. I'm glad someone agrees with me. I've been saying that they are the same back. Michael Turner and Shonn Greene are the same style of runner. A bowling ball with speed.

#14 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='19 January 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1263931077' post='293358']
Yo.. I'm glad someone agrees with me. I've been saying that they are the same back. Michael Turner and Shonn Greene are the same style of runner. A bowling ball with speed.
[/quote]

i think the thing is, nobody really in NY gets to see Turner play very often, and people in ATL don't get to see Greene very often, so perhaps it's tough to make the comparison. However, I don't think anybody realized how fuckin fast Greene is. If playoffs counted in the ROY votes...he'd get it, lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users