NYJetsFan.com Forums: Super Disadvantage In The Super Bowl For The Jets? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:23 PM) I'm the best driver on the east coast! Everyone else is terrible
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM) The biggest mistake was made today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Stanton for $325 Mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) after he got hit in the face who said he'll even be the same player ever again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) but the Marlins throw $325 million at him like nothing ever happened
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:55 PM) I predict he'll be a shell of himself and in 5 years he will be horrible player and the $ will still be weighing down the Marlins for the remainder of the contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:06 PM) 3 years ago I would of considered this kind of contract but after what happened to him this season and how he might be shocked to step into the batters box in 2015 is a HUGE risk when a team gives them $325 million
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:07 PM) these monster contracts are ridiculous to begin with
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:32 PM) So who thinks the JETS will win this Sunday?
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) Ryan is terrible after byes. 2-9
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Disadvantage In The Super Bowl For The Jets? The game format is not suited for smash mouth football

#1 User is offline   NCtexasjets Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Let me just say the brand of football the Jets have played this year is the type of football i love most. Give me a good low scoring game with defensive drama with key offensive plays peppered though out. I thought he 4th and 1 drama at the end of yesterdays game is a great example of what I'm speaking of.

Games like the Packer/Card's game in the WC round bore me in comparison. Unfortunately the NFL as well as the majority of fans think otherwise.

The Super Bowl is one event that will not allow Jet football to thrive because of the number of breaks and length of time it takes to play that game compared to normal game. Our strength is based on controlling both lines of scrimmage, especially on the offensive side and my fear is it will be harder to wear out either the of the NFC lines no mater if it's the Vikings or the Saints like we have seen the Jets do so far in the playoffs.

I just hope if we get to play the game some adjustments can be made on our part offensively. The breaks the other teams defenses will get leave our style of football at a disadvantage.

What do you guys think, am i just paranoid or what? :Cool:

#2 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

I think it can work both ways.

It could also take a potent offense out of their rhythm.

See : Rams 2002, Raiders 2003, Seahawks 2006, Patriots 2008

Those were all high flying teams....that good defenses held in check!

#3 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:THE JETS

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

dude we will win
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

The breaks the other teams defenses will get leave our style of football at a disadvantage.
please elaborate .

If you are saying that the NFL wants to get all games won inside the 2 minutes and high scoring than yes you are correct.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

The Charger game was a disadvantage, the Patsy game in week 3 was a disadvantage for us. We the Saints offense scored 10 points of us. We can win this game!

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

well said shane . sure we will do exactly as we have done in the past 4 games except we must get Peyton off his perch.
the chargers was a joke . we had control of the game with the exception that the refs provided with some weird calls all with some obvious attempts to cheat . like the catch that was ruled an incomplete because the defender got there to fast. if a computer was to search all receptions in the yr of the same BS how many receptions would have been over turned ? I was not convinced of the VJ reception and his right foot touching the turf .I wanted it to be good but the evidence was not good enough for me I hate cheating.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

wordd very interesting discussion

i was begging for it to rain out in san diego

i really feel the jets get a clear advantage when some elements are involved
stupid domes...
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   NCtexasjets Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='18 January 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1263879303' post='293258']
The breaks the other teams defenses will get leave our style of football at a disadvantage.
please elaborate .

If you are saying that the NFL wants to get all games won inside the 2 minutes and high scoring than yes you are correct.
[/quote]

My thought is our O-line seems to get a advantage as the game wears on. I realize the SB still plays with a 60 min game clock, but it also has more stoppages of plays and a much longer half time. In theory that extra time should offer much more rest for our opponents. It obviously gives us more rest too. But i think it gives a advantage to the D-line's. Our offensive strength is running the ball. If we can't run the ball like we have all year i fear the worst.

Then again there is the Sanchez factor... If he plays like he did on opening day in Houston were there was not a third down that was too long for him to convert. Sanchez's third-down passing was unconscious: 12-for-15 for 191 yards, the Stuckey TD and no interceptions, picking up nine first downs in all four to Jerricho Cotchery, three to Stuckey and two to Keller. It wont matter if we run or not. But i like our ground game and i would hate to have that pressure on Mark to win this game.

I love our chances in the AFC title game and the SB no matter who the opponent. I'm just saying the format of the SB favors the passing game and high scoring. But there are a few recent exceptions.

BTW anyone know the last team to get to the SB as the #1 rushing team and also have the #1 D. The '86 Bears maybe? i cant find that stat...

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

We are in the mold of the 2000 Ravens. They played a SB of a similar format. There is ample time for rest, but the way our guys hit, those stingers don't go away in the time it takes for the The Who to sing their 3 songs.

#10 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

the way i see it,if we make it to the big game,theirs no way we losin that shit,i just cant see it happenin....

#11 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

I'd like to see us against the Saints again. First time we played pretty well, but they just got out on top because of a couple mistakes and at that point in the season we haddn't really hunkered down and started just pounding it like we have.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users