NYJetsFan.com Forums: My Issue I Had At The Grocery Store Late Last Night - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Issue I Had At The Grocery Store Late Last Night

#41 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

Do on to others as you would have others do onto you . Its that simple.look at the world as a child .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#42 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 02 February 2010 - 10:44 PM, said:

The more people don't associate themselves with one race the more I don't dislike them.

I know everyone wants to expediate the disappearance of racism in the world and our country, but it takes time. People are a product of their upbringing and someone who is raised racist isn't going to have an epiphany without something exteme happening. To people living it might not seem like much is happening, but considering the slave trade went on for centuries and the generations these days are increasingly filled with open minded kids, the world is probably going to be fairly acceptably-racist free in the (generationally speaking) near future.

Having said that, for you, right now, I understand that racism pisses you off and why. You'll have to live with it and hopefully your daughter will live with it less. And...you just kicked a dude's ass and I don't know if he'll be more or less racist in private and with friends, but he'll probably be less likely, drunk or sober, to slur someone to their face, so it's fine with me.

I respect your point of view. Thanks for chiming in.

#43 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:53 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 February 2010 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you. A nation with a white majority elected a black leader and that isn't enough for you? Nikka get a grip. The minute the final votes for Obama were tallied, blacks should've been like "Okay, we're even now. Also, we'd like to extend our condolences to all the descendants of Union soldiers who gave their lives for our freedom. Kanye West has personally pledged to set up a scholarship fund in their honor". But it's not enough right? When will black people be happy? Do we need to move the White House to Atlanta? Mint commemorative coins with Jesse Jackson's face on them? Build a Martin Luther King memorial next to the one of Lincoln?

Man you're not Seth McFarland so you should stop trying to make jokes using pop culture references. You just come off lame and as usual desperate for attention.

I like how you're giving white people credit for Obama's victory even though it was the Hispanic vote that put Obama over the top in states like Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Florida. It was northern imports to the south and first time black voters that helped him edge out wins in Virginia and North Carolina, and poor white's who were fed up with the growing trade deficit and Bush's voodoo economics that helped Obama win states like Ohio, Iowa, and Indiana. All these states are by the way states John Kerry (a white man) lost in 2004. White people are not the sole reason why Obama is President. Anyway he didn't win because you and other white people decided to through black people a bone in an attempt to compensate for almost 400 years of racism in America, it was the economy stupid and McCain and hunter Barbie were clearly not capable of doing the job.

Save the white guilt for the Native Americans.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#44 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." Mark Twain

Barrack Obama was touring the countryside in his chauffeur-driven limo.

Suddenly, a male donkey jumps out onto the road, they hit it full on and the car comes to a stop.

Obama says to the chauffeur, "You get out and check, you were driving."

The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead.

"You were driving, go and tell the farmer." says Obama.

Hours later, the chauffeur returns totally plastered, hair ruffled with a big grin on his face.

"My God, what happened to you?" asks Obama.

The chauffeur replies, "When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of whisky, the wife gave me a slap-up meal and the daughter made love to me."

"What on earth did you say to them?" asks Obama.

"I knocked on the door, and when it was answered, I said to them, "I'm Barack Obama's chauffeur and I've just killed the jackass!"
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#45 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 February 2010 - 03:53 AM, said:

Man you're not Seth McFarland so you should stop trying to make jokes using pop culture references. You just come off lame and as usual desperate for attention.

I like how you're giving white people credit for Obama's victory even though it was the Hispanic vote that put Obama over the top in states like Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Florida. It was northern imports to the south and first time black voters that helped him edge out wins in Virginia and North Carolina, and poor white's who were fed up with the growing trade deficit and Bush's voodoo economics that helped Obama win states like Ohio, Iowa, and Indiana. All these states are by the way states John Kerry (a white man) lost in 2004. White people are not the sole reason why Obama is President. Anyway he didn't win because you and other white people decided to through black people a bone in an attempt to compensate for almost 400 years of racism in America, it was the economy stupid and McCain and hunter Barbie were clearly not capable of doing the job.

Save the white guilt for the Native Americans.

SHJ's girlfriend is black if you can believe it.

#46 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 03 February 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

SHJ's girlfriend is black if you can believe it.

Just because he has money to buy a black blow up doll doesn't make it his girlfriend.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#47 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 February 2010 - 01:44 PM, said:

Just because he has money to buy a black blow up doll doesn't make it his girlfriend.

You're going to attack my "pop culture references" and then come back with a blow-up doll joke? Nikka is you crazy?!

Look, I just want you and Brown Bronson to admit that for the most part, Americans aren't racist. We don't give a shit about black people. We have black friends, neighbors etc. It's just annoying to keep hearing the same shit, "Oh, a black man can't catch a cab" or "I can't get a job because of racism" or some other bullshit. Not saying that those things can't happen. I'm sure they do. But as a whole, we, the WHITE silent majority of America just elected a black dude. We looked past his skin and chose the best candidate based on his stands on the issues. Saying that his victory was the result of the hispanic vote and the record black vote is like saying "we won the game because of Braylon Edwards". Yea. Hispanics helped. Blacks helped. But even if every brown & black voting citizen cast his ballot for Obama three times over, you'd still need white people to vote for him to win. We did, but it's not enough. We still get "oh poor me" sob stories from blacks. man up.

#48 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 03 February 2010 - 04:43 PM, said:

You're going to attack my "pop culture references" and then come back with a blow-up doll joke? Nikka is you crazy?!

Look, I just want you and Brown Bronson to admit that for the most part, Americans aren't racist. We don't give a shit about black people. We have black friends, neighbors etc. It's just annoying to keep hearing the same shit, "Oh, a black man can't catch a cab" or "I can't get a job because of racism" or some other bullshit. Not saying that those things can't happen. I'm sure they do. But as a whole, we, the WHITE silent majority of America just elected a black dude. We looked past his skin and chose the best candidate based on his stands on the issues. Saying that his victory was the result of the hispanic vote and the record black vote is like saying "we won the game because of Braylon Edwards". Yea. Hispanics helped. Blacks helped. But even if every brown & black voting citizen cast his ballot for Obama three times over, you'd still need white people to vote for him to win. We did, but it's not enough. We still get "oh poor me" sob stories from blacks. man up.

God damn your ignorant. Do the world a favor and don't breed.I wonder if you discuss these issues with your "light skinned" girlfriend that you are so desperately trying to bang the black out of (in your words), you my friend are very lucky I have a sense of humor and kind of like you because half the things you say shouldn't be tolerated, no place.

Your right the majority of Americans aren't racist anymore IMO. However, there is still a vast number of Americans that are. Hypothetically speaking here. If there are 60% that aren't and 40% that are, thats still quite a high number which means the effect of racism against anyone non white is there, very much still there.

Like the xbox reference I made during the OP. I can't play one night on XBL (Xbox live or Online) and not here the word and for the most part these are kids of the now, not elder caucasian people. These are young people that live in the now, that live in the multicultural diversity of right now. It's easy for you to sit and make assumptions in your own little world. You seem to have all of these irrational thoughts of black people. Like Light skinned people need to prove their blackness to darker black people. Bro.. that train of thought is so skewed and so far from reality its disgusting.

Let me give you a tip, just like these white kids that spew their racial thoughts aloud over youtube,internet and Xbox live or any other public outlet where they feel safe to voice these statements publicly. Just think... would I say this and act like this away from the CPU? If the answer is yes then please feel free. If the answer is no (which I'm sure 98% of it is) then just be careful. Stop being a tool. I knew the minute you started getting all rebel flag and 1800 in here that this thread would turn into this pissing match.

Achievement unlocked!

#49 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

I wasn't joking.

Look, I just want you and Brown Bronson to admit that for the most part, Americans aren't racist.

Show me where I said all Americans are racist. Or even where I said all white Americans are racist.

We don't give a shit about black people. We have black friends, neighbors etc. It's just annoying to keep hearing the same shit, "Oh, a black man can't catch a cab" or "I can't get a job because of racism" or some other bullshit. Not saying that those things can't happen. I'm sure they do. But as a whole, we, the WHITE silent majority of America just elected a black dude.

You do know where the term the "silent majority" comes from don't you? They voted for folks like Nixon and Reagan and they are also a part of the 55% (55%=a majority) of the white vote McCain/Palin got. By the way where is this white "silent majority" that elected him now that his approval ratings are in the 40s? He said before the election he was going to need all of our support to make change happen. He still needs your ideas and support to get things back on track. Why did the white "silent majority" leave him once things got tough?

We looked past his skin and chose the best candidate based on his stands on the issues.

Which is what I believed happened and said should happen right here on these boards back in 2008.

Saying that his victory was the result of the hispanic vote and the record black vote is like saying "we won the game because of Braylon Edwards". Yea. Hispanics helped. Blacks helped. But even if every brown & black voting citizen cast his ballot for Obama three times over, you'd still need white people to vote for him to win.

Well you cited the popular vote as proof that white people made Obama President. Well first as we all know after 2000 it is the electoral college that elects the President and the popular vote doesn't mean shit when it comes to electing the President. Like I said it was the red states Bush won in 2004 that Obama turned into blue states that made Obama President. States that just happen to have a large number of Hispanic and black voters and states in the Midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Iowa) where poor whites have been hit hard by this economy, which are the states that gave Obama the electoral votes he needed to win. Not counting the white Democratic base (the bulk of Obama's voters) that where going to vote for the Democratic nominee no matter what race he or she was. Not because they wanted to get rid of white guilt but because they agreed with him on the issues and are the voters who also voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton in past elections. By the way if the white "silent majority" made Obama President, where was the white "silent majority" in states like for example West Virginia, South Dakota, and Wyoming (states without large minority populations)?

We did, but it's not enough. We still get "oh poor me" sob stories from blacks. man up.

Like I said accuse black people of playing the "race card" and stop whining or to use your words "man up."

For the record here are the facts for anybody interested.

2008 Election Exit Polls
By Race

White (74%)
Obama
43%
McCain
55%

Other/No Answer
2%

African-American (13%)
Obama
95%

McCain
4%
Other/No Answer
1%

Latino (9%)
Obama
67%

McCain
31%
Other/No Answer
2%

The white vote: Kerry 41% Obama 43% (Obama +2%)
The black vote: Kerry 88% Obama 95% (Obama +7%)
The Latino vote: Kerry 53% Obama 67% (Obama +14%)
The Asian vote: Kerry 56% Obama 62% (Obama +6%)

source: CNN
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#50 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

I can't recall climbing those caucasian mountains all those centuries ago . bet most of you don't know to much about that and who exactly they were.
Amen I think its time to end this thread the non racists are still debating .

#51 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 03 February 2010 - 07:47 PM, said:

I can't recall climbing those caucasian mountains all those centuries ago . bet most of you don't know to much about that and who exactly they were.
Amen I think its time to end this thread the non racists are still debating .

If it bothers you then don't read it and there is no need to comment. Simply don't click the link. It's not hard.

Theres nothing wrong with the thread. If SHJ keeps going then I'll be sure to shut this down.

#52 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Gotta watch out for them drunks bro .. I had one pass out in front of my house during the summer .. IN THE STREET .. if I hadn't been out there and stopped the car coming around the corner .. he woulda been a dead man .. no doubt .. so I get him up and on the curb .. and another woman pulls over to see if she can help .. we find out where he lives and she takes off to find out if anybody there can give him a ride .. cuz he aint gonna make it walking

after a little bit when she don't return .. I ask the wife to call 911 to get this guy some help .. maybe this was a bad idea .. cuz when the cops came they were kinda confrontational .. so I stick around telling the guy to keep his mouth shut and stop asking the cops if they wanna fight .. friggin idiot .. they woulda killed him

finally an ambulance comes they take him off ... hopefully to go somewhere to sober up

a few weeks later .. guess whos back yelling obcenities and spouting off about how some 'burnout' lives here .. I was in the backyard and had taken no notice .. but the guy scared my kid .. now we got a problem!!

The guy takes off and I kinda let it go .. but then same day Im taking my daughter same daughter this douche scared .. don't know what possesed me .. but I stopped pointed to him rolled the window down and told my kid .. if he ever comes near the house go inside .. and call the cops .. I gave him the ol 'Im watching you' eye point .. started to get out and realized my kid was with me and now very scared .. so I drove off .. he hasn't been back since ..

so I guess the moral is black or white .. drunks are friggin idiots .. and maybe its best to just let em go off and get themselves into whatever kind of trouble they earn

#53 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 February 2010 - 07:27 PM, said:

I wasn't joking.

Well that hurts Carlton, that truly hurts.

Show me where I said all Americans are racist. Or even where I said all white Americans are racist.

You first post implied that nothing has changed from the "We Shall Overcome" days. Reading that shit, I got the feeling that you were living in the days of The Color Purple.

You do know where the term the "silent majority" comes from don't you? They voted for folks like Nixon and Reagan and they are also a part of the 55% (55%=a majority) of the white vote McCain/Palin got. By the way where is this white "silent majority" that elected him now that his approval ratings are in the 40s? He said before the election he was going to need all of our support to make change happen. He still needs your ideas and support to get things back on track. Why did the white "silent majority" leave him once things got tough?

Hold on to that 55% idea. The rest of what you said can be attributed to Obama's speech writers writing checks that he couldn't cash.

Well you cited the popular vote as proof that white people made Obama President. Well first as we all know after 2000 it is the electoral college that elects the President and the popular vote doesn't mean shit when it comes to electing the President. Like I said it was the red states Bush won in 2004 that Obama turned into blue states that made Obama President. States that just happen to have a large number of Hispanic and black voters and states in the Midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Iowa) where poor whites have been hit hard by this economy, which are the states that gave Obama the electoral votes he needed to win. Not counting the white Democratic base (the bulk of Obama's voters) that where going to vote for the Democratic nominee no matter what race he or she was. Not because they wanted to get rid of white guilt but because they agreed with him on the issues and are the voters who also voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton in past elections. By the way if the white "silent majority" made Obama President, where was the white "silent majority" in states like for example West Virginia, South Dakota, and Wyoming (states without large minority populations)?

Like I said accuse black people of playing the "race card" and stop whining or to use your words "man up."

For the record here are the facts for anybody interested.

2008 Election Exit Polls
By Race

White (74%)
Obama
43%
McCain
55%

Other/No Answer
2%

Like you said, a lot of whites voted along party lines. That's your 55% right there. That proves my point that whites, as a majority, are not racist. They stuck to the colors they believed in, whether red or blue and didn't blink at Obama's brownness. had racism still been a problem, more whites would have voted for McCain as a whole? Right?

Now here's where your statistics need clarification. White people aren't a monolith group. Out of all the "whites" 54 percent of young voters supported Obama, compared with 44 percent who went for McCain. In the past 30 years, no Democratic presidential nominee has won more than 45 percent of young whites. You know what that means? That means that Obama won their support and that they looked BEYOND his skin color. Young white Americans are more accepting of other races than their counterparts 30, 20 or even 10 years ago. They were the ones who swung the election his way. Not the extra 10% black vote (which is a little less than 2% in aggregate voters) not the hispanics. It was the young white voters that switched parties and elected Obama.

#54 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 03 February 2010 - 05:49 PM, said:

God damn your ignorant. Do the world a favor and don't breed.I wonder if you discuss these issues with your "light skinned" girlfriend that you are so desperately trying to bang the black out of (in your words), you my friend are very lucky I have a sense of humor and kind of like you because half the things you say shouldn't be tolerated, no place.

Bro, if you're going to quote me, at least get the quote right! I said I was going to breed the black out of her. Not bang. i don't condone violence against women. i don't know what half you're talking about. Most of what I say has some base in some truth. Some of it is there to piss you off, but that's just for good conversation.

Your right the majority of Americans aren't racist anymore IMO. However, there is still a vast number of Americans that are. Hypothetically speaking here. If there are 60% that aren't and 40% that are, thats still quite a high number which means the effect of racism against anyone non white is there, very much still there.

See? Here's where I think your own prejudice clouds your eyes. You think that even though "most" white Americans aren't racist, more than 1/3 of them are. I think it's far less. When I say racist, I mean those folks that consider themselves superior based on race. I think that thats about 5% of the population. I think another 10% are stuck in old school "they're fine as long as they don't move into this neighborhood and date my daughter" mentality. That's it. For the rest of whites, race is very far down the list of things we find threatening or discerning. The way our society is set up now, whites grow up with a healthy dose of blacks in our daily life. We all like Revis and Iverson, even though they are as different as night and day. We all think Will Smith is an Uncle Tom and that Kanye needs to stay off the TV. We aren't "shocked" or scared by race. It's a non issue for almost all of us.

Like Light skinned people need to prove their blackness to darker black people. Bro.. that train of thought is so skewed and so far from reality its disgusting.

That's not an irrational thought. Its a one line summary of a paper that I read in my "Psychology of Race" class. Obviously that paper was written by a black academic from some Ivy League Uni (if it had been written by a white guy, he would have lost his tenure almost immediately). Just another double standard I suppose.

Let me give you a tip, just like these white kids that spew their racial thoughts aloud over youtube,internet and Xbox live or any other public outlet where they feel safe to voice these statements publicly. Just think... would I say this and act like this away from the CPU? If the answer is yes then please feel free. If the answer is no (which I'm sure 98% of it is) then just be careful. Stop being a tool. I knew the minute you started getting all rebel flag and 1800 in here that this thread would turn into this pissing match.

Here in lies the problem. You assume that something I said was "irrational" because you don't agree with it. What I said was very rational and was actually a statistical study conducted by academics under scrutiny that any such delicate subject could bring. The thing is, YOU didn't know that so to YOU it was something insulting so you equate it with bullshit little kids that just spew off the mouth. What I said is only considered "racist" by people who are ignorant and are threatened by any idea they find unpalatable. You knew that by posting this topic it would set off a pissing match, yet you did it anyway? You know why you did it? Because it felt good to beat up a white guy who disrespected you. You got back at all those video game geeks in one shot, right? All of "us" who hide behind the CPU and "spew irrational racial thoughts". Well, congrats, I'm sure it felt good.

See, I wasn't going to go there but since you'll shut this topic down, I need to tell you this. You didn't beat up that guy because he called you a ni99er. You beat him up because he was white. Everything else being equal, if the guy happened to be black I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts you would have just let it go. You stalked him and hit him because of his skin color, not his words. Tell me I'm wrong? So how different are you from those Xbox kids?

#55 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

my god man. look at this shit. this is why we're never gonna be close to a normal country. man everyone on here is starting a war over this. Now granted Dubbs that was fucked up for the dude to do that and he deserved to get the shit beat out of him, but everyone starting a completely different topic over this is fuckin nuts.
Posted Image

#56 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

View Postnejets2820, on 03 February 2010 - 11:30 PM, said:

my god man. look at this shit. this is why we're never gonna be close to a normal country. man everyone on here is starting a war over this. Now granted Dubbs that was fucked up for the dude to do that and he deserved to get the shit beat out of him, but everyone starting a completely different topic over this is fuckin nuts.

Get used to it. It's the offseason.

#57 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 03 February 2010 - 11:42 PM, said:

this is one damn weird off-season then
Posted Image

#58 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

View PostCrazyHorseDave, on 03 February 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

Gotta watch out for them drunks bro .. I had one pass out in front of my house during the summer .. IN THE STREET .. if I hadn't been out there and stopped the car coming around the corner .. he woulda been a dead man .. no doubt .. so I get him up and on the curb .. and another woman pulls over to see if she can help .. we find out where he lives and she takes off to find out if anybody there can give him a ride .. cuz he aint gonna make it walking

after a little bit when she don't return .. I ask the wife to call 911 to get this guy some help .. maybe this was a bad idea .. cuz when the cops came they were kinda confrontational .. so I stick around telling the guy to keep his mouth shut and stop asking the cops if they wanna fight .. friggin idiot .. they woulda killed him

finally an ambulance comes they take him off ... hopefully to go somewhere to sober up

a few weeks later .. guess whos back yelling obcenities and spouting off about how some 'burnout' lives here .. I was in the backyard and had taken no notice .. but the guy scared my kid .. now we got a problem!!

The guy takes off and I kinda let it go .. but then same day Im taking my daughter same daughter this douche scared .. don't know what possesed me .. but I stopped pointed to him rolled the window down and told my kid .. if he ever comes near the house go inside .. and call the cops .. I gave him the ol 'Im watching you' eye point .. started to get out and realized my kid was with me and now very scared .. so I drove off .. he hasn't been back since ..

so I guess the moral is black or white .. drunks are friggin idiots .. and maybe its best to just let em go off and get themselves into whatever kind of trouble they earn

good post

too much hoopla in here over just a drunkard
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#59 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 03 February 2010 - 11:42 PM, said:

And we aren't even two weeks in.

Come on now, everybody love everybody!
Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 03 February 2010 - 11:02 PM, said:

Well that hurts Carlton, that truly hurts.

Well then you need to "man up."

You first post implied that nothing has changed from the "We Shall Overcome" days. Reading that shit, I got the feeling that you were living in the days of The Color Purple.

I said nothing has changed? Where did I say that? Show me where I said that. I think you're reading what you want to see rather than what's actually there. Plus Roots would have fit as a better analogy than The Color Purple, since The Color Purple had more to do with the problems black women faced in the south during the early 20th century. That movie didn't really portray black males in a positive light.

Hold on to that 55% idea. The rest of what you said can be attributed to Obama's speech writers writing checks that he couldn't cash.

Now you're dodging the question because you've entered an area of politics you understand little to nothing about. And if it was for the sake of argument your white "silent majority" that was the reason that Obama won, then that must mean it was also your white "silent majority" that accepted those checks Obama's speech writers wrote when they voted for Obama. Looks like it was your white "silent majority" who were the gullible ones for buying what Obama was selling. What it actually is is getting elected is easier than governing and most of the American people are very impatient and want instant gratification at a time when they are worried about keeping their jobs or lack of having a job.

Like you said, a lot of whites voted along party lines. That's your 55% right there. That proves my point that whites, as a majority, are not racist. They stuck to the colors they believed in, whether red or blue and didn't blink at Obama's brownness. had racism still been a problem, more whites would have voted for McCain as a whole? Right?

Like James Carville said in 1992, like I said here before the election and like I said yesterday, IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID. White people that voted for Obama for the most part did not vote for him because he was black and prove they were not racist. They voted for him because of the color green, the color of money. They believed Obama would do a better job of putting them in a position to get more money back in their pockets than McCain would. When it comes to Americans green will always be our favorite color.

Now here's where your statistics need clarification. White people aren't a monolith group. Out of all the "whites" 54 percent of young voters supported Obama, compared with 44 percent who went for McCain. In the past 30 years, no Democratic presidential nominee has won more than 45 percent of young whites. You know what that means? That means that Obama won their support and that they looked BEYOND his skin color. Young white Americans are more accepting of other races than their counterparts 30, 20 or even 10 years ago. They were the ones who swung the election his way. Not the extra 10% black vote (which is a little less than 2% in aggregate voters) not the hispanics.

You keep citing the popular vote figures as if they mean something when it comes to electing the President. Yes Obama got more young voters (which would include minority groups in your figures) than any other Democratic nominee since the voting age was lowered to 18. That's great and the makes me very happy, but it was not what put Obama over the top in states that went from Bush 04 states to Obama states in 08. Even with the young vote alone it would not have been enough to give Obama the edge in states like Nevada and North Carolina (both states Bush won twice).

If your belief that it was young whites that are responsible for Obama's win were true, then Obama would have won the state of Utah. Utah is 85% non-Hispanic white and has a median age of 27 years old. While states like Nevada and North Carolina both have a lower number of non-Hispanic whites on average (NV 65%, NC 70%) and an older median age (NV 35.0 years, NC 35.3 years). So how could a state with more young whites not go for Obama? You know since they are the reason he won. Using your logic Utah should have gone to Obama by a comfortable margin. But instead it went to McCain by a comfortable margin. Why?

It was the young white voters that switched parties and elected Obama.

Young voters did not "switch parties." Many of them were first time voters some of which weren't old enough to vote in 2004. Young voters are usually more liberal in their beliefs. It's not until they finish school, join the work force, get married, have kids, become less dependent on their parents for financial support that some start to become more conservative in their beliefs. Because they want to "conserve" the lifestyle they've worked to make for themselves.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users