NYJetsFan.com Forums: It's Go Time! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's Go Time! Forgot to tell you, santana...

#1 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Couldn't find the original post where we discussed the PSP Go, but I gotta admit I didn't really search too hard. Either way, I remember we discussed it, and I finally got it a little more than a week ago. Wifey found it on ebay for $200 flat, buy it now, brand new in box, so she jumped on it.

First impressions: LOVE this fucking thing.

16GB built in and I bought a 16GB M2 stick off Buy.com. After the loss, I'm running with about 28GB of space on here. M2 is purely media... about 12 movies on this bitch, all ranging from 300-450MB. And I've got about 2.5GB of music -- so there's still space to burn. Then I got 4 games (Madden 10, GTA: Vice City Stories, The Warriors, and Resident Evil 2 -- but RE2 is trash on this).

The thing is as sexy as presumed. The button layout feels surprisingly good in my hands. My paws are kinda big, but my thumbs aren't cramping on this like they would on my old PSP-1000 years ago.

Only complaint is standard across all PSPs since the beginning of PSP time. Unless you like to blow out your ear drums with straight in-ear headphones, then the sound is gonna be pretty low. I use the Bose In-Ear that aren't quite in-ear, if you're not familiar (which I doubt). The bass is good and I hear everything fine, but I'd really love the option to willfully go deaf if I so choose.

If you got $200 sitting around, I'd suggest picking it up. Look for a few accessories, namely the Cradle/Dock (especially if you got bluetooth headphones).

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

jealous... i gave my psp away the other week because my cousin broke his.. so i have a broken psp laying around now gotta fix it

i really hoped the PSONE classics were multiplayer but they are not. im keeping my eye out on ebay i want a GO maybe a white one for the summer time lofl
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

No lie, bro. I really wanted the white one. I feel like it would've been more flashy and perfect for warm weather. Wifey talked me out of it (read: refused to buy it). Her logic is sound -- it'll get dirty. But damn it looks fly.

What's broken on your cousin's PSP?

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

View PostAmen, on 03 March 2010 - 09:52 AM, said:

No lie, bro. I really wanted the white one. I feel like it would've been more flashy and perfect for warm weather. Wifey talked me out of it (read: refused to buy it). Her logic is sound -- it'll get dirty. But damn it looks fly.

What's broken on your cousin's PSP?

he busted his lcd and then tried to replace it him self.. he then snapped off a clip designed to hold the ribbon cable from the lcd onto the motherboard. i already found a replacement clip but my soldering skill will need to be sharpened up.

theres a high chance of failure. alternative would be to replace the logic board but that comes out too pricey.

i want a go.. but i really have no need for one. i wish i rode a train or had down time to play with gadgets. some traveling will have to be in order.

#5 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

looks super sexy damn

#6 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image

Watching Booty Call at work right now. lol. If you're an office shlub who can sit at his desk all day, then you gotta do it!

#7 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

Another reason to be happy.

Posted Image

Just got this in my email.

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c53680a52

I can't pull the trigger
wait..
I DON'T NEED IT BUT SONY HAS INFILTRATED MY MIND AND I WANT IT

dropped a bid on a white one

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

lost the bid

i just got a white one for 150 from craigslist used

ill post pictures when im home later..err.. if im sober enough

how much you get that dock for?

#10 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
its go time ^^^ hot fuzz

what multiplayer games are good on this thing that we can murder each other on?

man the volume really is low on headphones.. well its not low its just, like you said not a "psp go deaf"

#11 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah buddy! $150 is an awesome deal, especially how crisp that bad boy looks. Apparently, Gamestop is only giving $49 for returns, so people who don't like the Go are moving them for cheap.

Only multiplayer game I got is Madden 10, but I've been giving thought to SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3. Except the only time I'm on consistent Wi-Fi is when I'm home and playing on the PS3 Big Brother.

I got the dock for $19.99 from Buy.com, but it looks like the price is back up to around $23: http://www.buy.com/p.../211497809.html

I just bought this baby, too: http://www.play-asia...3lch-43-7o.html
It's going to work perfectly for my cradle here at work.

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

you have any wobble or looseness in your screen when its slidin up?

i feel it i have like maybe 1mm of wobble where i feel the screen jiggle just a fraction. its starting to eat at my insides.. its so small yet i cant stop from noticing it from time to time.

oh also the d'pad stinks

the wifi is fast i dont know why i read so much about it being slow. browsing is very slow but who wants to browse on a psp anyway.

#13 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I think they're all a little wobbly. I read on the Playstation forums that some guys went through the trouble of tightening the screws up. I've thought about it, but so far so it doesn't really bother me. It was scary as first because I thought it was defective.

What's your problem with the D-Pad? I can get over to it pretty easily without issue. But the Wi-Fi? Man! We've got Verizon FIOS in my home and trying to download a game was projected to take 2 hours one day. I canceled it, went to my PS3 and had the game in 15 minutes. This 802.11b that the PSP requires the router to be on is aggravating, especially since we have a G in the house.

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

View PostAmen, on 09 March 2010 - 10:00 AM, said:

Yeah, I think they're all a little wobbly. I read on the Playstation forums that some guys went through the trouble of tightening the screws up. I've thought about it, but so far so it doesn't really bother me. It was scary as first because I thought it was defective.

What's your problem with the D-Pad? I can get over to it pretty easily without issue. But the Wi-Fi? Man! We've got Verizon FIOS in my home and trying to download a game was projected to take 2 hours one day. I canceled it, went to my PS3 and had the game in 15 minutes. This 802.11b that the PSP requires the router to be on is aggravating, especially since we have a G in the house.

I have fios also
-
Radio Enabled: YES
SSID: idbldareyou
Channel: 0
Security Enabled: YES
WEP 64-bit: N/A
WEP 802.1x: N/A
WPA: mypasswordbitches
SSID Broadcast: Enabled
MAC Authentication: Disabled
Wireless Mode: Mixed accepts 802.11b and 802.11g connections

-

are my settings on my modem.. i have the actiontec router with no fios tv..

so far ive only grabbed demos and psoneclassics but nothing has taken longer then 15 minutes.

and the d pad sucks
ok well its not bad its just not.. street fighter alpha 2 hardest setting good

#15 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Got my Bluetooth remote for the PSP go this weekend. It boosts the audio volume and there's no delay on the audio that I've noticed.

got The Wire in effect today.

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

View PostAmen, on 15 March 2010 - 01:24 PM, said:

Got my Bluetooth remote for the PSP go this weekend. It boosts the audio volume and there's no delay on the audio that I've noticed.

got The Wire in effect today.

Posted Image

nice so that white cable going to the remote are your headphones?? i might need one of those for my car

#17 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

Yes, indeed. Those are my Bose babies.

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

I just realized pressing L and R when the clock is up brings u to a calendar

#19 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

man im annoyed so
weekend before march 21st i took a road trip. left my psp go charger over at a buddys.. ok no big deal ordered a psp go cable off ebay for 3 bucks.. on my cell phone while driving home. three weeks later the cable arrives from hong kong.. psp go has been dead for two weeks. now this chinese cable isnt working. i purchased patchwork heroes like a retard two weeks ago through my ps3. this saturday my friend with my charger is coming in for a visit.

oh and btw amen the white joypad has become filthy

#20 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Damn, that's rough. One of those situations where bargain hunting fucks you. Would've been better off handing over the dough to Rapestop.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users