NYJetsFan.com Forums: Leon Doesn't Seem Like He'll Be A Jet For Much Longer - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leon Doesn't Seem Like He'll Be A Jet For Much Longer

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

[size="4"]Rex Ryan had additional things to say about [url="http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/23/uncertainty-on-leon-washingtons-future-with-the-jets/"][color="#0000ff"]Leon Washington not being at the voluntary workouts this week.[/color][/url] Right off the podium from the announcement that the Jets will be the next team to be documented in [url="http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/25/its-official-the-new-york-jets-will-star-on-hbos-hard-knocks/"][color="#0000ff"]HBO’s series Hard Knocks[/color][/url], he said this to reporters about Leon:[/size][indent][size="4"][url="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/rex_ryan_disappointed_that_leo.html"][color="#0000ff"]NJ.com:[/color][/url]
“He’s a third-down back and a Pro Bowl returner. That’s a pretty big thing,” Ryan said. “Do we expect him to come back from the surgery he had… and you’re going to put him in there instead of Shonn Green or LaDainian Tomlinson? Maybe you would. I’m not comfortable with that.”
“Let’s see where he’s at,” Ryan added. “I’m not just going to give him the ball 20 times a game coming off of that. He has to be ready to take that kind of role. If he’s ready to take an expanded role, then obviously we could see that. Again, third down is the most important down that you have on offense. That would be an ideal situation (for him).”
[/size] [/indent][size="4"]Rex expressed his disappointment with Leon not being with the team and at their facilities on Monday when the off-season workouts began. We know by experience that when Rex talks to the press like this about the player, they are on his “List” and to get off of it requires the player to show that they want to be there. Kerry Rhodes nows first hand as he was benched, did what he was told but that didn’t save him from being shipped to the Arizona Cardinals just a couple of weeks ago.
As more is said about Leon’s situation, I continue to say that I really don’t see him getting back with the team. Don’t be surprised by April 15th if another team swoops in and if they don’t, look closer to the draft for a trade.
Even if Leon stays with the team, they would not have brought in LT if they were going to give Leon the ball like they did last year 12-15 carries a game.[/size]

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='25 March 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1269569613' post='298941']
[size="4"]Rex Ryan had additional things to say about [url="http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/23/uncertainty-on-leon-washingtons-future-with-the-jets/"][color="#0000ff"]Leon Washington not being at the voluntary workouts this week.[/color][/url] Right off the podium from the announcement that the Jets will be the next team to be documented in [url="http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/25/its-official-the-new-york-jets-will-star-on-hbos-hard-knocks/"][color="#0000ff"]HBO’s series Hard Knocks[/color][/url], he said this to reporters about Leon:[/size][indent][size="4"][url="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/rex_ryan_disappointed_that_leo.html"][color="#0000ff"]NJ.com:[/color][/url]
“He’s a third-down back and a Pro Bowl returner. That’s a pretty big thing,” Ryan said. “Do we expect him to come back from the surgery he had… and you’re going to put him in there instead of Shonn Green or LaDainian Tomlinson? Maybe you would. I’m not comfortable with that.”
“Let’s see where he’s at,” Ryan added. “I’m not just going to give him the ball 20 times a game coming off of that. He has to be ready to take that kind of role. If he’s ready to take an expanded role, then obviously we could see that. Again, third down is the most important down that you have on offense. That would be an ideal situation (for him).”
[/size] [/indent][size="4"]Rex expressed his disappointment with Leon not being with the team and at their facilities on Monday when the off-season workouts began. We know by experience that when Rex talks to the press like this about the player, they are on his “List” and to get off of it requires the player to show that they want to be there. Kerry Rhodes nows first hand as he was benched, did what he was told but that didn’t save him from being shipped to the Arizona Cardinals just a couple of weeks ago.
As more is said about Leon’s situation, I continue to say that I really don’t see him getting back with the team. Don’t be surprised by April 15th if another team swoops in and if they don’t, look closer to the draft for a trade.
Even if Leon stays with the team, they would not have brought in LT if they were going to give Leon the ball like they did last year 12-15 carries a game.[/size]
[/quote]

i'd hate to lose leon. and he is not expendable. LT isn't gonna be around forever. he's a 1-2 year player for us. green hasn't had enough time to prove he can handle a whole season. he got dinged up alot last year. If leon goes it opens another hole becuase we will need another RB
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and say something that I'm gonna get killed for but here goes... Leon is overrated by Jets fans and not deserving the contract he is demanding the Jets for. His agent will get him in a situation he doesn't want to be in and we will all wonder where it went wrong. He is not Brian Westbrooke from a few years ago. He is a return man and a scat back who is great in open space but not an every down back.

There, it's been said.

I don't know if I actually believe it but i had to say it.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

look who deserves the money more gholston or leon ? Tanny make mistakes and this is a big one.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='26 March 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1269614693' post='298963']
look who deserves the money more gholston or leon ? Tanny make mistakes and this is a big one.
[/quote]

Too bad it doesn't work like that

#6 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='26 March 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1269614693' post='298963']
[/quote]

I like you man. But you're crazy.

[img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0808/youre-youre-crazy-man-frank-the-tank-demotivational-poster-1219152399.jpg[/img]
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

[quote name='CoachasaurusREX' date='26 March 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1269611561' post='298961']
I'm gonna go ahead and say something that I'm gonna get killed for but here goes... Leon is overrated by Jets fans and not deserving the contract he is demanding the Jets for. His agent will get him in a situation he doesn't want to be in and we will all wonder where it went wrong. He is not Brian Westbrooke from a few years ago. He is a return man and a scat back who is great in open space but not an every down back.

There, it's been said.

I don't know if I actually believe it but i had to say it.
[/quote]

6 million is too much? for a guy that plays special teams, HB and Punt returner? All he wanted was the contract Sproles was going to get,which was 6 mil. Thats it and that's asking too much?.. he's overrated?, it's funny because Leon's been a good soldier through all of this. Even when he fractured both his fibula and tibia he's been nothing but smiles and taking it on the chin like a man. Not to mention he's a fan favorite and last time I checked, teams try to keep fan favorties, not mention .having a home run threat on the field whenever he's in the game. He's overrated?, tell that to the 11 guys that have to defend him. Marshall Faluk has compared him to Barry Sanders. Leon might be overrated in your eyes but not in mine and it's not even like Leon is a starter. He never was, you mean he's even overrated as a fill-in, 3rd down back and special teams guy?

#8 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1269618412' post='298971']
6 million is too much? for a guy that plays special teams, HB and Punt returner? All he wanted was the contract Sproles was going to get,which was 6 mil. Thats it and that's asking too much?.. he's overrated?, it's funny because Leon's been a good soldier through all of this. Even when he fractured both his fibula and tibia he's been nothing but smiles and taking it on the chin like a man. Not to mention he's a fan favorite and last time I checked, teams try to keep fan favorties, not mention .having a home run threat on the field whenever he's in the game. He's overrated?, tell that to the 11 guys that have to defend him. Marshall Faluk has compared him to Barry Sanders. Leon might be overrated in your eyes but not in mine and it's not even like Leon is a starter. He never was, you mean he's even overrated as a fill-in, 3rd down back and special teams guy?

[/quote]

Fact of the matter is, he's coming off a major injury and is a question mark. He's not a feature back. They have other players on this team that can return kicks. LT is going to catch the ball out of the backfield. While I wouldn't have said it a year ago, today I truly mean it when I say I won't be upset if he leaves. It's part of the business and he is expendable. Backs are a dime a dozen. Out of all the players with contracts coming up and not being able to pay everyone... Leon is first on the chopping block IMO. Can't let your emotions get in the way.

And yes, 6 mil is a lot for someone who is on the field for 10-15 plays a game.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, no way I'm giving him 6 million for a long termed team... maybe a 1 year 6 mill, but if he wants 3-5 years, it should be around 3.5m

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

[quote name='sexyrexy' date='26 March 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1269618844' post='298975']
Fact of the matter is, he's coming off a major injury and is a question mark. He's not a feature back. They have other players on this team that can return kicks. LT is going to catch the ball out of the backfield. While I wouldn't have said it a year ago, today I truly mean it when I say I won't be upset if he leaves. It's part of the business and he is expendable. Backs are a dime a dozen. Out of all the players with contracts coming up and not being able to pay everyone... Leon is first on the chopping block IMO. Can't let your emotions get in the way.

And yes, 6 mil is a lot for someone who is on the field for 10-15 plays a game.
[/quote]

In a word WOW.

He's a pro bowl kick returner and sure you can throw any numbskull back to return kicks but Leon's is a threat. How many "threats" do we have? I guarantee you with Leon healthy last year and given that fact we lost a lot of games by 5 points or less I put my house up that if we had Leon we would have won 2 maybe 3 more games just with his long T.D's and special teams contributions.

With your line of thinking your right, 6 million is too much, however 10-15 touches isn't what his workload is. He's a pro bowl return man. generating at least 2 T.D's on specials a year, not to mention his great production he gives on limited carries. 6 mil I think is fine for a T.D maker reguardless of carries, Leon gets the ball in the endzone. He's just as productive as Sproles, 6 million is fine and he was even willing to take 4 before the injury.

You let go of Leon now, L.T leaves after this year (more then likely) and were stuck with Chancy Washington and Shonn Greene?.. Oh, thats right, just go get a back because anyone can be a running back?

Keep Leon now, L.T is short term. If the Jets let Leon walk, I like so many others will call for Tanny's head.

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='26 March 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1269619876' post='298980']
Yeah, no way I'm giving him 6 million for a long termed team... maybe a 1 year 6 mill, but if he wants 3-5 years, it should be around 3.5m
[/quote]

I really hate discussing contracts because people don't know what their talking about including myself, with all these incentives and bonus's we don't know the true legitimacy of the deal so discussing it becomes redundant. However for sh*ts and giggles I'll play along. If it were 6 mil for 3-5 years how much would Leon actually see? I mean the first 2 years for sure he'd get that but everything after 3 is a gray area and no one knows. Is he injured, do we trade and so on.

Like I said, I personally don't think 6 mil is a big deal, maybe I'm crazy!, I mean with the contracts these guys are making 6 mil is chicken feed. For a guy that produces T.D's and is on 3 different areas of the field PRODUCING!

And lets be honest, Leon would have more then likely signed around 4 or 4.5.

#12 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='26 March 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1269620202' post='298982']
In a word WOW.

He's a pro bowl kick returner and sure you can throw any numbskull back to return kicks but Leon's is a threat. How many "threats" do we have? I guarantee you with Leon healthy last year and given that fact we lost a lot of games by 5 points or less I put my house up that if we had Leon we would have won 2 maybe 3 more games just with his long T.D's and special teams contributions.

With your line of thinking your right, 6 million is too much, however 10-15 touches isn't what his workload is. He's a pro bowl return man. generating at least 2 T.D's on specials a year, not to mention his great production he gives on limited carries. 6 mil I think is fine for a T.D maker reguardless of carries, Leon gets the ball in the endzone. He's just as productive as Sproles, 6 million is fine and he was even willing to take 4 before the injury.

You let go of Leon now, L.T leaves after this year (more then likely) and were stuck with Chancy Washington and Shonn Greene?.. Oh, thats right, just go get a back because anyone can be a running back?

Keep Leon now, L.T is short term. If the Jets let Leon walk, I like so many others will call for Tanny's head.
[/quote]
You might want to go through this post and replace all of the 'is' with 'was'. The Jets weren't intent on giving Leon the deal he wanted before his horrific injury, why would they be now?

And what TD maker? Leon had 19 TDs in 4 years. That's less than 5 a year. I liked Leon as much as anyone going into last season, but both his and the Jets' situations have changed.

#13 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

I do get what you're saying about the numbers game and contracts... hell if I understand that shit but if we are just looking at the 6 million, I don't think I would do it. I'm a big Leon fan, and I agree what he brings to this team is something we don't have right now... but he's still our player, and if we really don't have a crazy good spot for him like we did in the past... then maybe its best he walks... or better yet we get a 2nd rounder for Leon. Who knows what we could do with that. We will always have Shonn Greene as long as he produces, and for a scat-back/change of pass back/whatever you want to call him, we can find another one not demanding that type of money.

After all is said and done, I want Leon here, but if he doesn't want to be here / wants too much money then our brass wants to dish out... so be it. He won't make or break our team. (In my mind)

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

[quote name='VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs' date='26 March 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1269621003' post='298986']
You might want to go through this post and replace all of the 'is' with 'was'. The Jets weren't intent on giving Leon the deal he wanted before his horrific injury, why would they be now?

And what TD maker? Leon had 19 TDs in 4 years. That's less than 5 a year. I liked Leon as much as anyone going into last season, but both his and the Jets' situations have changed.
[/quote]

Leon gets limited carries. I think that's pretty impressive given the fact he's a 3rd down scat back and lets cut the sh*t. Leon isn't getting walk in T.D's like T.D did most of last year. Leon's T'Ds are coming from 20 yards away from the endzone and out. Pay the man!

As far as the money. I'm not saying give him the 6 mil, I'm saying reality is it would have landed around 4 or 4.5 which I think is accurate.

#15 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='26 March 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1269621380' post='298989']
Leon gets limited carries. I think that's pretty impressive given the fact he's a 3rd down scat back and lets cut the sh*t. Leon isn't getting walk in T.D's like T.D did most of last year. Leon's T'Ds are coming from 20 yards away from the endzone and out. Pay the man!

As far as the money. I'm not saying give him the 6 mil, I'm saying reality is it would have landed around 4 or 4.5 which I think is accurate.
[/quote]
I would love to have Leon back, the guy clearly has a unique skillset. But the fact that he had so few touches in his career can only hurt him in the negotiation process. Now he's gonna be trying to convince teams to give up a second rounder along with however many million he feels he's worth for a guy who's never had 200 touches. If someone does want him, I would be content with the second rounder. And if no one wants him, I'll be content to get him back at a reasonable price. I'm not losing sleep regardless of what happens.

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='26 March 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1269621065' post='298987']
I do get what you're saying about the numbers game and contracts... hell if I understand that shit but if we are just looking at the 6 million, I don't think I would do it. I'm a big Leon fan, and I agree what he brings to this team is something we don't have right now... but he's still our player, and if we really don't have a crazy good spot for him like we did in the past... then maybe its best he walks... or better yet we get a 2nd rounder for Leon. Who knows what we could do with that. We will always have Shonn Greene as long as he produces, and for a scat-back/change of pass back/whatever you want to call him, we can find another one not demanding that type of money.

After all is said and done, I want Leon here, but if he doesn't want to be here / wants too much money then our brass wants to dish out... so be it. He won't make or break our team. (In my mind)
[/quote]

He definitely won't make or break the team. I think we all know that but how many asshole type players are their in the league?... how many "look at me" primadonnas are their?.. guys like Leon (drafted a Jet) are guys you split hairs with to find common ground to retain. IMO, letting him walk isn't an option. It's not like he's going to break the bank to keep him on.

I don't know, if Leon leaves this team I'm going to be pissed and I'd feel disgusted with the Jets as an organization, me being a fan and all. I would definitely see them in a different light.

I think as it sits right now, it's a perfect spot for him. He'll get severely limited touches now with L.T here, he'll more then likely return kicks both Punt and K.O returns and then he'll be able to prove he's back and when L.T goes down, Leon will be there. Just sayin.

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='26 March 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1269621951' post='298991']
He definitely won't make or break the team. I think we all know that but how many asshole type players are their in the league?... how many "look at me" primadonnas are their?.. guys like Leon (drafted a Jet) are guys you split hairs with to find common ground to retain. IMO, letting him walk isn't an option. It's not like he's going to break the bank to keep him on.

I don't know, if Leon leaves this team I'm going to be pissed and I'd feel disgusted with the Jets as an organization, me being a fan and all. I would definitely see them in a different light.

I think as it sits right now, it's a perfect spot for him. He'll get severely limited touches now with L.T here, he'll more then likely return kicks both Punt and K.O returns and then he'll be able to prove he's back and when L.T goes down, Leon will be there. Just sayin.

[/quote]

No reason to be rooting for LT to go down. This team and staff knows what they are doing. They deserve the benefit of the doubt from us fans.

In a perfect world Leon would be back, but if he isn't, I'm really hoping we get the 2nd rounder for him.

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Rex upset Keels pulled Washington
[img]http://media.scout.com/Media/HS_Football/45_Washington-Leon-s.JPG[/img]

[b]By [url="javascript:location.href="]Dan Leberfeld[/url][/b]
Posted Mar 25, 2010

[url="http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?pub=scout&v=250&source=tbx-250&tt=0&s=twitter&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnyj.scout.com%2F2%2F956992.html%3Frefid%3D400&title=Rex%20upset%20Keels%20pulled%20Washington&content=Rex%20on%20Keels%20decision%20to%20pull%20Leon%20out%20of%20off-season%20program%20-%20%E2%80%9CWe%20have%20%5Bgreat%5D%20facilities%20in%20the%20country%2C%20we%20have%20a%20great%20medical%20staff%2C%20a%20great%20medical%20team%20and%20%5Ba%20great%5D%20strength%20coach.%20Leon%20knows%20this%20and%20that%E2%80%99s%20what%E2%80%99s%20disappointing.%20Wherever%20he%E2%80%99s%20at%20might%20be%20good%2C%20but%20it%E2%80%99s%20not%20the%20best.%20I%20want%20what%E2%80%99s%20best%20for%20him%20and%20the%20New%20York%20Jets%20and%20this%20is%20a%20time%20there%E2%80%99s%20team%20building.%22&template=RT%20%40ScoutJets%20%7B%7Btitle%7D%7D%20%7B%7Burl%7D%7D&lng=en"][/url] [url="http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?pub=scout&v=250&source=tbx-250&tt=0&s=facebook&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnyj.scout.com%2F2%2F956992.html%3Frefid%3D400&title=Rex%20upset%20Keels%20pulled%20Washington&content=Rex%20on%20Keels%20decision%20to%20pull%20Leon%20out%20of%20off-season%20program%20-%20%E2%80%9CWe%20have%20%5Bgreat%5D%20facilities%20in%20the%20country%2C%20we%20have%20a%20great%20medical%20staff%2C%20a%20great%20medical%20team%20and%20%5Ba%20great%5D%20strength%20coach.%20Leon%20knows%20this%20and%20that%E2%80%99s%20what%E2%80%99s%20disappointing.%20Wherever%20he%E2%80%99s%20at%20might%20be%20good%2C%20but%20it%E2%80%99s%20not%20the%20best.%20I%20want%20what%E2%80%99s%20best%20for%20him%20and%20the%20New%20York%20Jets%20and%20this%20is%20a%20time%20there%E2%80%99s%20team%20building.%22&lng=en"][/url] [url="http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.pyra?t=Rex%20on%20Keels%20decision%20to%20pull%20Leon%20out%20of%20off-season%20program%20-%20%u201CWe%20have%20%5Bgreat%5D%20facilities%20in%20the%20country%2C%20we%20have%20a%20great%20medical%20staff%2C%20a%20great%20medical%20team%20and%20%5Ba%20great%5D%20strength%20coach.%20Leon%20knows%20this%20and%20that%u2019s%20what%u2019s%20disappointing.%20Wherever%20he%u2019s%20at%20might%20be%20good%2C%20but%20it%u2019s%20not%20the%20best.%20I%20want%20what%u2019s%20best%20for%20him%20and%20the%20New%20York%20Jets%20and%20this%20is%20a%20time%20there%u2019s%20team%20building.%22&u=http%3A//nyj.scout.com/2/956992.html%3Frefid%3D400&n=Rex%20upset%20Keels%20pulled%20Washington"] [/url] [url="http://nyj.scout.com/2/956992.html?refid=400#email-a-friend-window"] [/url] [url="http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=10&c=956992&refid=4781"] [/url] | [url="http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=scout"]More[/url]
[b]Rex on Keels decision to pull Leon out of off-season program - “We have [great] facilities in the country, we have a great medical staff, a great medical team and [a great] strength coach. Leon knows this and that’s what’s disappointing. Wherever he’s at might be good, but it’s not the best. I want what’s best for him and the New York Jets and this is a time there’s team building."[/b]

#19 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='26 March 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1269618412' post='298971']

[/quote]

Exactly! See, this is what happens when a loyal guy does what hes told, just wants the money he has EARNED, and then not only gets denied, but gets injured so he still won't see the money he should have seen. We should have paid Leon last offseason. now we might be missing him for more than half a season. This was a dumb move. Granted Tanny has limited those types of moves so far, how you don't pay Leon is beyond me. He is our only homerun threat, and as Dubb said a fan favorite who just wanted the money that his player type deserved. Its not Loen's fault what the market is, he just wanted fair market value. Instead he played for just over half a mill and got hurt. If we lose him i will be irate.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

I'm not worried about this, hes going to be on the Jets next season unless some team gives us a 2nd round pick. Leon has to prove that he is the same player before he gets a contract extension, his agent screwed him with not taking the Jets 5 yr contract they offered him.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users