NYJetsFan.com Forums: Brunell Wants To Join Jets, But Held Up By Taylor - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brunell Wants To Join Jets, But Held Up By Taylor

#1 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post reports a source close to Mark Brunell told The Post today that the veteran quarterback would very much like to sign with the Jets, but Brunell's hands are tied until Jason Taylor makes up his mind.

That's because the NFL's "Final Four" rule allows the Jets to sign an unrestricted free agent only if they lose one to another team, then at roughly the same first-year salary of the departing player.

In the Jets' case, they only have one such slot available at $1.5 million in the first year after losing kicker Jay Feely to the Cardinals. And that slot is reserved for Taylor, the league's active sack leader who reportedly is leaning toward signing with the Jets after a red-carpet recruiting trip earlier this week.

#2 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

[quote name='J-E-T-S 4417' date='09 April 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1270847099' post='299762']
Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post reports a source close to Mark Brunell told The Post today that the veteran quarterback would very much like to sign with the Jets, but Brunell's hands are tied until Jason Taylor makes up his mind.

That's because the NFL's "Final Four" rule allows the Jets to sign an unrestricted free agent only if they lose one to another team, then at roughly the same first-year salary of the departing player.

In the Jets' case, they only have one such slot available at $1.5 million in the first year after losing kicker Jay Feely to the Cardinals. And that slot is reserved for Taylor, the league's active sack leader who reportedly is leaning toward signing with the Jets after a red-carpet recruiting trip earlier this week.
[/quote]

Question. Since Brunell is from the Saints isnt he fair game? I thought you could sign anyone from another final eight team? Im asking, cus i really dont know the rule all too well and i thought it was mentioned that players between the final 8 teams were all fair game. can someone help me out here please?
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

[quote name='Clemens11' date='09 April 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1270847234' post='299765']
Question. Since Brunell is from the Saints isnt he fair game? I thought you could sign anyone from another final eight team? Im asking, cus i really dont know the rule all too well and i thought it was mentioned that players between the final 8 teams were all fair game. can someone help me out here please?
[/quote]

I think he is fair game (God that final 8 rule sucks)

Just another player on the list who want to be on the Jets. Everyone wants to play for Rexy, I'm glad he's our coach.

Even Jason Taylor wants to play for him. LMAO!

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Yes to Brunell, FVCK no to Taylor.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

[quote name='Clemens11' date='09 April 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1270847234' post='299765']
[/quote]
I thought that too, but on another Jets board someone showed that the wording made it appear as that but really these rules imply to final 4 players too.

But the Jets appear to not be signing Marques Douglas so if he signs somewhere the Jets would be able to sign Brunell.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan0099' date='09 April 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1270848642' post='299772']
I thought that too, but on another Jets board someone showed that the wording made it appear as that but really these rules imply to final 4 players too.

But the Jets appear to not be signing Marques Douglas so if he signs somewhere the Jets would be able to sign Brunell.
[/quote]

ok thanx bro, and thanx dubb
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='09 April 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1270848024' post='299770']
Yes to Brunell, FVCK no to Taylor.
[/quote]

So yes to a backup who will unlikely see the field (albeit his brain will be a bonus for Sanchez to pick apart) and no to someone who - although not held in high esteem by Jets fans - could make an impact for the defense?

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

[quote name='Smedsthejet' date='11 April 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1270988362' post='299860']
So yes to a backup who will unlikely see the field (albeit his brain will be a bonus for Sanchez to pick apart) and no to someone who - although not held in high esteem by Jets fans - could make an impact for the defense?
[/quote]

Exactly that. He'll make an impact alright on defense by whiffing on tackles and making this organization look stupid for even considering this piece of trash.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='12 April 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1271083150' post='299956']
Exactly that. He'll make an impact alright on defense by whiffing on tackles and making this organization look stupid for even considering this piece of trash.
[/quote]

He's a professional athlete, if he signs with us he isn't going to go out there and tank games. I can't believe you still are saying that shit man... you cannot be serious

#10 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Honestly.....please be honest.

Do all of you supporters of Taylor signing here really think he's going to play with the heart and determination that he played with for the Fins? I don't think so. This guy does NOT........I repeat DOES NOT even want to play for us. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand?

His agent practically FORCED him to even visit us. This piece of filth is using Rex's interest in him as nothing more than a bargaining chip with the Fins. His agent had to put it in his head that he's not guaranteed a spot anywhere and the Fins that he LOVES so much have even told him they wont even consider him until after the draft. If he doesn't sign with us by the end of this week, it wont happen at all because he'll be home in Florida with the Fins and then a bunch of Jets fans are going to look at themselves in the mirror and ask "Why did I want him again?"

Too many people are acting like this guy is God's gift. If he was that hot a commodity, why then is he receiving ZERO interest from other teams in need of a pass rush?

#11 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='12 April 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1271083918' post='299961']

Do all of you supporters of Taylor signing here really think he's going to play with the heart and determination that he played with for the Fins? I don't think so. This guy does NOT........I repeat DOES NOT even want to play for us. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand?

His agent practically FORCED him to even visit us. This piece of filth is using Rex's interest in him as nothing more than a bargaining chip with the Fins. His agent had to put it in his head that he's not guaranteed a spot anywhere and the Fins that he LOVES so much have even told him they wont even consider him until after the draft. If he doesn't sign with us by the end of this week, it wont happen at all because he'll be home in Florida with the Fins and then a bunch of Jets fans are going to look at themselves in the mirror and ask "Why did I want him again?"

Too many people are acting like this guy is God's gift. If he was that hot a commodity, why then is he receiving ZERO interest from other teams in need of a pass rush?
[/quote]

I think you're forgetting the x-factor here, and that is the fact that at the end of the day these players want to secure their legacy. And what better way then to win a Super Bowl? Players will put aside their pride, need for personal wealth, and faith in other organizations to sign with teams that are Super Bowl bound. You'll see that very thing happen this summer if Cleveland doesn't win the NBA championship. You think Lebron won't sign in the East, or take a pay cut to sign with another top flight FA on the same team? Your damn right he will, championships are the almighty goal. And i for one will welcome Taylor with open arms, because i too am in it for the almighty goal.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#12 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='12 April 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1271083918' post='299961']

[/quote]
Yes, absolutely. Taylor is one of the best to every play his position (admit it...) and he is obviously a serious competitor. He is in the final years of his hall of fame career and presumably cares about a superbowl over all else, including a stupid grudge against a team that has changed almost its entire personnel over the last few years. If he signs with the Jets it will be to win a championship here. If not why wouldn't he go somewhere else? He can obviously get more than $1.5 million in an uncapped year. Only a psychopath would give up millions to dog a team that they hate. Taylor may be a dick, but he's no psychopath...

#13 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

[quote name='VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs' date='12 April 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1271093862' post='299996']
Yes, absolutely. Taylor is one of the best to every play his position (admit it...) and he is obviously a serious competitor. He is in the final years of his hall of fame career and presumably cares about a superbowl over all else, including a stupid grudge against a team that has changed almost its entire personnel over the last few years. If he signs with the Jets it will be to win a championship here. If not why wouldn't he go somewhere else? He can obviously get more than $1.5 million in an uncapped year. Only a psychopath would give up millions to dog a team that they hate. Taylor may be a dick, but he's no psychopath...
[/quote]

he snaked the skins. if he signs he wont train up in ny probably stay in florida for as long as he can. i could see something stupid happening like him going to the cowboys and getting two sacks and being injured all year. if hes smart he suckers another NFC east team for a paycheck.
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#14 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

[quote name='VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs' date='12 April 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1271093862' post='299996']
If he signs with the Jets it will be to win a championship here. If not why wouldn't he go somewhere else? He can obviously get more than $1.5 million in an uncapped year. [/quote]

Really? Where else can he go? Did you miss the fact that NO ONE other than the Jets have any interest in him other than in Miami? His whole visit to the Jets was a ploy to push Miami into offering him something. Did you notice that their stance of doing nothing with him until after the draft changed to Miami's coach meeting with him this week?

Open your eyes people!! Taylor may be a talented player but he DOES NOT want to be here. Why are you all saying he is expressing interest in us? HIS AGENT is interested in the Jets. Rex Ryan is interested in Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor was reluctant to even visit Florham Park. Where has he EVER even ONCE said he's interested in playing here that would get you excited to have him here? Show me ONE SINGLE quote from a reputable source saying he would bleed green and white or actually WANT to be here and then maybe I'll look at him differently. Until you can do that, he's still a piece of $hit.

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='12 April 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1271113085' post='300027']
Really? Where else can he go? Did you miss the fact that NO ONE other than the Jets have any interest in him other than in Miami? His whole visit to the Jets was a ploy to push Miami into offering him something. Did you notice that their stance of doing nothing with him until after the draft changed to Miami's coach meeting with him this week?

Open your eyes people!! Taylor may be a talented player but he DOES NOT want to be here. Why are you all saying he is expressing interest in us? HIS AGENT is interested in the Jets. Rex Ryan is interested in Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor was reluctant to even visit Florham Park. Where has he EVER even ONCE said he's interested in playing here that would get you excited to have him here? Show me ONE SINGLE quote from a reputable source saying he would bleed green and white or actually WANT to be here and then maybe I'll look at him differently. Until you can do that, he's still a piece of $hit.
[/quote]

He's not going to say he wants to be here just because of the risk if he doesn't sign here and ends up back in Miami... It makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users