NYJetsFan.com Forums: Slauson Provides Inspiration - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

The long off season looms
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:18 AM) what up home dawgs?
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:22 AM) long time no chat, Ya boy has returned from the depths. Good to see everyone alive and well. Another season down the drain... what else is new? Fitz coming back next yr means we wont be going to the superbowl. We seriously need to land a QB. I hope Petty is the future and Im still quietly waiting for Geno to show up. IF they retain him it would speak volumes
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 January 2016 - 11:23 AM) I'm done with Geno. Never really expected much from him from the beginning. So I'm also looking for Petty to be the future.
vjdbbq Icon : (29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM) GENO SUCKS MONKEY DICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:16 PM) S-Dubb??.Who's that guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:17 PM) FIRE S-DUBB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Dubb and Amen? Did I take a wrong turn and land back in 2007?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Haha good to see both of you
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:28 PM) I don't care if Cro comes back, I think Marcus Williams can start opposite Revis. Hes a ball hawk and has performed well everytime hes called on.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) I want Fitz back as starter, he lacks arm talent but he is scrappy
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) The team loves him as a leader and he is a good bridge QB as we groom a QB of the future.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He also has top notch pocket awareness.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He allows our playmakers to make plays. After years of terrible QB play, I'll take 31 TD 15 INTs almost 4,000 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM) I can't stop thinking about the off season...... what the hell are we gonna do!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Maccagnan is going to have to show his worth
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) They can't have Wilkerson on that franchise tag, they have to sign him long term with a small cap hit or trade him. Otherwise we are in trouble with other FAs.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) We need Harrison back, you can't run a effective 3-4 without a stud NT.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM) I hope we get Harrison back on a 4 yr contract.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:55 PM) I really think we are going to have to tag and trade Wilkerson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) If we keep wilk we lose Harrison or Fitzpatrick maybe both
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) And ivory
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:23 PM) We can't keep Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams. A move has to be made
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) If the Jets want to go cheaper, they can try to trade Wilkerson and have Richardson/Williams for cheap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its crazy how dead this site is
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:16 PM) its super bowl Sunday!!
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 04:47 PM) Everybody is at Rob's house ; checking out the asses !!!!!
Smedsthejet Icon : (07 February 2016 - 05:17 PM) Hope Cotchery gets a ring tonight
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:04 PM) Yeah I would rather see a panther win
santana Icon : (07 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Zzzz
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (07 February 2016 - 09:03 PM) I want to see Manning go out on top
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:03 PM) Jerricho got screwed on the call in the first quarter but he dropped a few later on .
vjdbbq Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:04 PM) Screw Manning and his chicken parm .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:29 PM) We need a pass rushing LB!! Look at Denver.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (07 February 2016 - 11:30 PM) Nothing against manning but he wasn't good at all this year and gives me hope that we can reach a super bowl with Fitzpatrick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 06:42 AM) Denver has two future HOF edge rushers with Miller and Ware.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (08 February 2016 - 08:01 PM) NO to kapergimmick
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slauson Provides Inspiration

#1 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

1. The Other Guard. When the Jets released LG Alan Faneca, most of the attention focused on second-round pick Vlad Ducasse as his likely replacement. But there's another candidate for the job: Second-year G Matt Slauson, and he's quite a story himself.

On a team of glib personalities and noted trash talkers, perhaps the most inspirational speaker is Slauson. He has a stuttering problem, but it hasn't caused him to shy away from teammates or reporters. Just last week, he stood in the locker room, fielding questions from several reporters, not appearing the least bit self-concious. Good for him.

Slauson has dealt with the issue for as long as he can remember, and it caused it many, many difficult days as a kid, as he was teased by classmates. But he learned to deal with it and doesn't mind discussing it. It caused him to withdraw when he was younger, he said. Now? "I've come out of my shell," he said, adding, "As far as my speech goes, as long as it doesn't affect me in a game, I don't care."

A three-time All-Big 12 player at Nebraska, where he played for Jets OL coach Bill Callahan, Slauson has a legitimate chance to win the opening-day job.

2. A Real Sleeper. An unheralded player creating some buzz on defense is first-year DT Matt Kroul (6-3, 280), who spent last season on the practice squad. Coordinator Mike Pettine praised Kroul, all but handing him a roster spot. Said Pettine: "He's a viable part of what we're doing this year." Kroul will get a great opportunity in training camp because the coaches plan to limit Kris Jenkins' reps. Jenkins is coming off major knee surgery.

3. Fun and Games. Here's something you never would've seen in an Eric Mangini locker room: On Thursday, when the locker room was open to the media, several players were competing in a game of Corn Hole -- a bean-bag toss game. The scene looked and sounded like a picnic in a park or a tailgate at the stadium. Some might say the locker room is a place of business, but under Rex Ryan, just about anything goes. I have no problem with that in May. If it were the middle of the season, different story.

4. LT's Food Fix. LaDainian Tomlinson was talking about the differences between New Jersey/New York and his previous home, San Diego, when he was reminded that we have no In-N-Out Burger joints in these parts. for the uninitiated, In-N-Out is huge in the West, especially California. Mark Sanchez swears by them.

"No In-N-Out Burger," Tomlinson said, "but a lot of great pizza."

A quick learner, that Tomlinson.

5. Welcome to Revis Island. Except for a brief conversation about two weeks ago, CB Darrelle Revis really hasn't had a chance to get to know CB Kyle Wilson, the Jets' first-round pick. But he will. Said Revis: "I'm going to try to take him under my wing." In general, Revis, prodded by the coaches, is planning to take more of a leadership role than in the past. He isn't a loud, rah-rah guy, he has a Jeter-like presence and needs to exert himself in the locker room. (Easy, Yankee fans, I'm not saying Revis has reached Derek Jeter's stature. I'm merely saying he has an understated, yet influential presence around his teammates.)

6. Hit the Field. OTAs begin Monday for the Jets, who will take the field as a team for the first time since losing to the Colts in the AFC Championship Game. The Monday and Tuesday practices are closed to the media, but we'll be allowed to watch Thursday.

7. The Money Men. In case you're scoring at home, the following players have acknowledged they're looking for a contract extension: C Nick Mangold, Revis, LB David Harris and DE Shaun Ellis. Who's next, LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, perhaps? There's one thing they can't complain about: For a change, they can't accuse the front office of throwing around big money to "outside" players. CB Antonio Cromartie and WR Santonio Holmes are entering the final year of their rookie contracts, and Tomlinson and OLB Jason Taylor received relatively modest deals.

8. PSL Talk. Despite thousands of unsold PSLs in the new stadium, owner Woody Johnson promised there would be no local TV blackouts for the coming season. But he never actually explained how he planned to accomplish that if they fall short of a sellout. Something tells me you're going to he seeing (and hearing) of a lot Rex Ryan over the next few months. He's their best salesman.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users