NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis Discussion *** Mergedx4 *** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Darrelle Revis Discussion *** Mergedx4 ***

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is holding out from Thursday's offseason training activity while in talks with the team to rework his contract, according to a league source.

The All-Pro cornerback, 24, was at Florham Park workouts Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5247627
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

[quote]
Darrelle Revis-DB- Jets Jun. 3 - 2:16 pm et

Updating a previous item, Darrelle Revis was reportedly "furious" with the Jets' initial contract offer.
Revis is skipping practices because he was "thoroughly insulted" by an offer that was "pitifully low" compared to his expectations and accomplishments. Revis is believed to be seeking a deal in excess of Nnamdi Asomugha's contract, so the Jets can thank Al Davis for setting the bar ludicrously high. Revis' presence at training camp is now in doubt, and the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch says the situation is "getting ugly fast."
Source: Bart Hubbuch on Twitter [/quote]

I hope this turns out to be media hype - the last thing we want is Revis getting pissed off and not showing up. I also hope the Jets don't try to be cheap with him and ruin another relationship with a guy as valuable as Revis. We need him in OTAs and camp helping make Kyle Wilson better.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

I'd like to see more quotes in there before I get too upset.

#4 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='03 June 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1275594526' post='303567']
I'd like to see more quotes in there before I get too upset.
[/quote]

Yeah, can't believe this. There was that 20 mil report that was bogus too, so I guess we'll see.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

This is no big deal. Tannenbaum (our GM) said Revis will retire a Jet and he will be the highest paid DB in the league, it will happen.

My take on it is, Tanny probably cracked out a deal that Revis and his agent didn't approve. Revis has been at OTA's thus far until now so something happened. He probably turned down the offer for more money.

Like I said. I'm not worried. Our GM knows what Revis is worth and he'll get every penny. The best DB in the NFL should be paid like it.

A lot of Jets players are saw what happened to Leon Washington. Leon was "a good ole boy".. he didn't hold out or anything and was a ultimate team guy. However, if lue of receiving his deal he had a devastating leg injury. Both Fibula and Tibia were fractured. It destroyed his chances at getting a new deal. If he had held out and been a pain in the a*s he probably would have gotten a contract that satisfied him. A lot of Jets players (players in general) fear this.

Revis (without a deal) will be playing for a million dollars this year. However, he signed his rookie deal., HONER IT!... but of course, it doesn't work like that. So from a business standpoint he's just doing his due diligence, to get paid before September. Can't really blame him.

#6 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

[quote name='Goodfellaz' date='03 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1275590800' post='303566']
I hope this turns out to be media hype - the last thing we want is Revis getting pissed off and not showing up. I also hope the Jets don't try to be cheap with him and ruin another relationship with a guy as valuable as Revis. We need him in OTAs and camp helping make Kyle Wilson better.
[/quote]
Say it aint so! Not Revis. The jets better fix this. Damn Al Davis for that contract. I would spell the guys name but I dont have it in front of me: you all know who I am referring to anyways. When will it end? Are we going to watch games on TV with 10,000 fans in the stadium because the average fan can't afford to go? Revis had the best season I have ever witnessed by a CB or a Jet for that matter. He can't expect an 8 year 150 million dollar deal though. I would rather trade him to a shitty team for 2 firsts and something else before giving him 17 million a year. I dont know what his demands are but that might be close

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

I wonder what the offer was. I

I'm with Revis on this though. After what happened to Leon, no one wants to play "company man" right now.

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

How could anyone be "with Revis."

The more he holds out, the more I'm "not with Revis."

No player is bigger then the team. He's under contract, get out there to OTA's, Revis.

#9 User is offline   stu23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

Agree 100%...he's under contract and he needs to abide by it. There was a long string on this same topic weeks ago and people were all over me about my opinion

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='03 June 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1275596365' post='303577']

No player is bigger then the team. He's under contract, get out there to OTA's, Revis.
[/quote]

#10 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Does Revis really have to be the top paid player in the history of that position that would be just to stupid especially for a smart guy like Revis.
this is so not an issue .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#11 User is offline   RaisedOnRiots Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

"Don't fret NY; we're just putting all that cap space to good use".

-Scott Pioli

Heh...
"And He Leadeth Them, To Suckage"...

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

[quote name='stu23' date='03 June 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1275598105' post='303579']
Agree 100%...he's under contract and he needs to abide by it. There was a long string on this same topic weeks ago and people were all over me about my opinion

[/quote]

I'm prepared to hear shit for it, but it's always been my view.

#13 User is offline   TheGreenCoachesClub Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

I feel Revis deserves a new contract, for him to be making significantly less than the ghost is a travesty. However he is under contract for a few more years, its not like this is his last year, and should not hold out of anything. If it was the last year in the contract then it may be different, but this is supposed to be our year, don't ruin it man. We need him to win...need him to win.

#14 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

[quote name='FroNTROw50yRdLyNe' date='03 June 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1275600414' post='303586']
I feel Revis deserves a new contract, for him to be making significantly less than the ghost is a travesty. However he is under contract for a few more years, its not like this is his last year, and should not hold out of anything. If it was the last year in the contract then it may be different, but this is supposed to be our year, don't ruin it man. We need him to win...need him to win.
[/quote]

Everyone here agrees with the notion that he NEEDS a raise and a new contract, but to hold out, which hurts the team pisses me off. Revis isn't bigger then the New York Jets. Mangold isn't bigger then the New York Jets.

#15 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='03 June 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1275596365' post='303577']

[/quote]

Dude, Blah,Blah,blah

Holding out is all these players have and like I said look what happened to Leon. The best corner in the league will be playing for 1 million this year.

I understand all this " he signed the contract, honer it" blah blah blah, however it doesn't work like that. It never does so why expect it to be like something it isn't?

Revis needs to hold firm and get something he's happy with so he can continue with business. If dude plays out this season and he gets hurt really bad he's f*cked. Pay the man the money.

#16 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='03 June 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1275601581' post='303588']
Dude, Blah,Blah,blah

Holding out is all these players have and like I said look what happened to Leon. The best corner in the league will be playing for 1 million this year.

I understand all this " he signed the contract, honer it" blah blah blah, however it doesn't work like that. It never does so why expect it to be like something it isn't?

Revis needs to hold firm and get something he's happy with so he can continue with business. If dude plays out this season and he gets hurt really bad he's f*cked. Pay the man the money.

[/quote]

He's under contact, and he's playing for a team and an organization, not himself. Him being away from OTA's is hurting Wilson's growth, our receivers competition and the rest of the team's ability to play together. That's how I look at it. If he is true to his word and "believes the Jets will get a deal done" then he should be doing his thing with our team. Period.

There's different stances on it, don't give me the blah blah blah bullshit because isn't like that. He isn't bigger then the Jets. Get your ass in camp, and let the other shit play out.

#17 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

[b] [/b]
[quote]
[b][size="4"][url="http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/06/03/revis-furious-with-contract-offer/"]Revis “Furious” with contract offer[/url][/size][/b]
[size="4"]Posted on June 3rd, 2010 by [b]droseatwork[/b][/size] [size="4"]According to [url="http://twitter.com/NYPost_Hubbuch"]Bart Hubbuch[/url] of the New York Post Revis is [url="http://twitter.com/NYPost_Hubbuch"]NOT HAPPY[/url] with the jets and making comparisons to the Baker and Kendall fiascos.[/size]

[indent][size="4"]“One more on Revis: He is accusing [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url] of deliberately leaking false report that he wants $20M/year to make him look like the bad guy.”[/size]

[size="4"]“Revis is telling friends that this compares to the Kendall, Baker, Coles and Leon situations in terms of the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url] breaking promises.”[/size]

[size="4"]“Revis tells friends he feels the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url] are breaking their promise by lowballing him so severely with their latest offer.”[/size]

[size="4"]Revis is furious with the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url] but won’t say it because “his actions always speak louder than his words,” according to source.[/size]

[size="4"]I was told the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url]‘ recent offer to Revis was pitifully low relative to his stature as arguably the league’s top corner.[/size]

[size="4"]Revis wants more than the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders"]#Raiders[/url]‘ Nnamdi Asomugha, who is the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL"]#NFL[/url]’s highest-paid CB at $16.2M/year. The [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url]‘ offer was nowhere close.[/size]

[size="4"]A source close to Revis told me he’s skipping OTAs because he was thoroughly insulted by the [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets"]#Jets[/url]‘ recent offer. This is getting ugly fast.[/size]

[/indent][/quote][indent]

[/indent]

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

[quote] If he is true to his word and "believes the Jets will get a deal done" then he should be doing his thing with our team.[/quote]

This means nothing. I remember Leon on SNY saying " I want to be here the Org wants me to be here, I love N.Y and want to be a Jet" 2 weeks later he was let go.

Tanny has an uncanny ability to low ball players when it comes time to renegotiate. He has a history of doing this. Kendall and Baker come to mind as Tanny's latest run ins. There is a history there.

When you sign your rookie contract it's generally predicated on draft status not your ability to play in the pros. It's how good you played in college to get the status. Once you get into the league and totally out perform your old contract (which he's going to need a new one soon anyways)... WHY go into another year getting as much as some long snappers do?

[quote]There's different stances on it, don't give me the blah blah blah bullshit because isn't like that.[/quote]

What sport you been watching the last 10 years?, it totally is like that. How many time a year do we hear about this?, come on 05, you know better. Honer a contract means nothing when the guy totally outperforms the one he signed as a baby.

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

We see it completely different ways. I understand and see your view, I just don't agree with it. Never have, never will.

#20 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

lofl @ honor the contract

get paid
as soon as you can as fast as you can as much as you can

this isnt greed its business its how a capitalized country operates
if you disagree with this sentiment then that sounds more of a personal problem

best corner in the league
if the money is out there and someone is willing to sign the check then by all means you have the right to get it
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users