NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis Discussion *** Mergedx4 *** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:14 PM) finally made a play on defense once Pryor came in
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:15 PM) besides that INT, Geno looks better than last season IMO. seems more comfortable and is going through progressions.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Darrelle Revis Discussion *** Mergedx4 ***

#41 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

You think an offer of 8 times what Leon was due to make was low balling him? What did Leon do that was so phenomenal that he deserved more than 4.x million per year? The fact that he was a scat back that could return kicks? Big deal. He was due to make 500K and was offered more than 4 mill per year. I'd say he was definitely offered a fair contract and his dumb greedy ass, his bitchy wife and his greedy agent all turned it down. Now he gets to play for Seattle, get even fewer carries and will start on the PUP rather than get paid. We'll see Leon as a FA again next season most likely, so Leon is irrelevant in this situation. Kendall is the biggest example of a good player and a good team player getting screwed.

Revis is being a douche in this situation. How are you going to hold out for a new deal because you're not happy with the deal that you held out to begin with to get? Especially on a team where your HC will have almost no problem with replacing you re3gardless of your talent. Revis is undoubtedly the premiere CB in the league and does deserve to be paid, but as I stated previously, he has no leverage. The Jets OWN him for the next three years for 21 million. There's nothing he can do other than lose money by holding out.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#42 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

If Tanny sets a limit its going to be for good reason. Would we all want to pay Revis at the expense of losing say Mangold and Brick and possibly even Cromartie/Holmes? Or even two out of the three? I dont know about you but I'm not willing to lose two top performers in order to keep one star. No one person is above the team. We're all acting worried that we're going to lose Revis. The problem with that is that this is all getting blown out of proportion. Revis is stuck being a NY Jet through the 2012 season whether he likes it or not as long as the team wants to keep him. If he causes issues, Tanny and co will ship him somewhere else and get a couple first rounders for him. Does he want a ring with us or does he want to end up somewhere like SanFrancisco or Arizona or Seattle?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#43 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

John Geiger: there might be good news for #jets fans today!

#44 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='04 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1275673600' post='303624']
You think an offer of 8 times what Leon was due to make was low balling him? What did Leon do that was so phenomenal that he deserved more than 4.x million per year? The fact that he was a scat back that could return kicks? Big deal. He was due to make 500K and was offered more than 4 mill per year. I'd say he was definitely offered a fair contract and his dumb greedy ass, his bitchy wife and his greedy agent all turned it down. Now he gets to play for Seattle, get even fewer carries and will start on the PUP rather than get paid. We'll see Leon as a FA again next season most likely, so Leon is irrelevant in this situation. Kendall is the biggest example of a good player and a good team player getting screwed.

Revis is being a douche in this situation. How are you going to hold out for a new deal because you're not happy with the deal that you held out to begin with to get? Especially on a team where your HC will have almost no problem with replacing you re3gardless of your talent. Revis is undoubtedly the premiere CB in the league and does deserve to be paid, but as I stated previously, he has no leverage. The Jets OWN him for the next three years for 21 million. There's nothing he can do other than lose money by holding out.
[/quote]

OTA's aren't mandatory so he holds out just to push the envelop. A good business move if your Revis. Revis has OUTPERFORMED his original rookie deal, it's time to move forward. IF these are correct then Revis will likely be in camp come late July. No worries. He's just doing this to put Tannenbaum into a state of urgency. If your D.Rev it's well calculated.

#45 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

I agree that right now its not hurting his wallet but come time for mandatory camps, he'll get fined 16K per day he holds out. He definitely deserves his payday, but if he hold out of camp once its mandatory, he's going to notice more and more people changing their view of him.

While I agree he deserves to be paid, I just feel that he has no right to hold out in this situation. Yes. He outperformed his rookie deal. But its the deal he held out in order to get. Are we going to see him threaten to hold out every time he's got 3 years left on a contract? If he were anyone else, the majority of us would be tearing him apart.

#46 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='04 June 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1275680843' post='303637']
I agree that right now its not hurting his wallet but come time for mandatory camps, he'll get fined 16K per day he holds out. He definitely deserves his payday, but if he hold out of camp once its mandatory, he's going to notice more and more people changing their view of him.

While I agree he deserves to be paid, I just feel that he has no right to hold out in this situation. Yes. He outperformed his rookie deal. But its the deal he held out in order to get. Are we going to see him threaten to hold out every time he's got 3 years left on a contract? If he were anyone else, the majority of us would be tearing him apart.
[/quote]

he has 2 years not 3, and if he doesnt hold out, the Jets Front office has no urgency to sign him. 16k a day wont matter as much if he holds out because he is going to get such a huge contract. lets say Revis holds out 5 days before the Jets finally give him the contract he wants, That isnt even 100k, and hes going to make around 16 mill a year. So smart business strategy to get the deal he wants done, for now at least.
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='04 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1275673600' post='303624']

[/quote]

Do you read when you come on here? Cus lean was never offered 4 mill per year. If you read any of the articles about Leon, you would know this. The jets leaked to the press they made a decent offer, but that was then proven a lie by multiple parties. And Leon was more than a scat back, he was comming off a year where he had the Most total yards in the entire NFL. Yea, the NFLs greatest yardage gainer and our only homerun threat isnt worth 4 mill a year. Leon even said if they offerred him the 4.5 mill a year he woulda jumped on it. And If the Jets paid him more i woulda been fine with it, cus he did deserve it for all the big plays he makes for the Jets and all the times he bailed us out. You horrendously undervalue what Leon meant to this team.

And Revis is a douche? He held out his rookie season to get the best possible rookie contract, good for him. Now he has outperformed that contract, like sdubb said. You cant convince an organization to give you the highest paid cb contract as your rookie deal, thats a moves only the raiders usually make.
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

Ugh. Kill Revis, burn him at the stake! Damn the team, they screwed Leon now they'll screw Revis!

Jeez, this is purely business and posturing. Does anyone really think that Revis sitting out a few days will hold the team back? Is there a formula? Each week hold out means one less win? The guy and the team have said all the right things, nothing backhanded or worrying, and a damn "source" has people bleeding out there assholes.

I have no problem with teams cutting guys who underperform their contract or are injured. Them's the breaks. I have no problem with players who have outplayed their contract holding out. Revis has. Leon did, but screwed himself wanting premium, full-time back pay (to me, yeah, even four million is excessive for a player like Leon). Guys like Coles or Andre Johnson, who want a new contract not even half way through their deals, are a joke.

The end result is this: if the team wants him bad enough, they'll get him to come back with the right deal and until one side comes out with some real bad blood in their voice, I'm not worried about the situation.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#49 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Not sure why you people get so defensive over stuff like this. Everyone has their own views on what's going on.

#50 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

[quote name='Clemens11' date='04 June 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1275682241' post='303640']
Do you read when you come on here? Cus lean was never offered 4 mill per year. If you read any of the articles about Leon, you would know this. The jets leaked to the press they made a decent offer, but that was then proven a lie by multiple parties. And Leon was more than a scat back, he was comming off a year where he had the Most total yards in the entire NFL. Yea, the NFLs greatest yardage gainer and our only homerun threat isnt worth 4 mill a year. Leon even said if they offerred him the 4.5 mill a year he woulda jumped on it. And If the Jets paid him more i woulda been fine with it, cus he did deserve it for all the big plays he makes for the Jets and all the times he bailed us out. You horrendously undervalue what Leon meant to this team.

And Revis is a douche? He held out his rookie season to get the best possible rookie contract, good for him. Now he has outperformed that contract, like sdubb said. You cant convince an organization to give you the highest paid cb contract as your rookie deal, thats a moves only the raiders usually make.
[/quote]

WOW!! How old are you again? For you to ask me if I read before I come here and then to say Revis has only 2 years left rather than 3 lead me to believe you should look in the mirror before you put your foot in your mouth. The last time I checked, Revis is due to make 1 million in 2010, 5 million in 2011 & 15 million in 2012. Last time I learned how to count, that makes 3 years. Not two.

I guess you think that Revis should just get whatever he wants right? Oh. Thats right. He's got THREE seasons left on the contract that he held out to get what he wanted. Take your own advice and read before posting.

As for Leon's contract dispute, the only person that ever said he wasnt offered 4.5 mill per year was his bitchy wife. Give me a link to something citing other than an "unknown source" or "person close to the situation" where the 4.5 million was in dispute before relying on those sources. So yes......I do read before I open my mouth. Do you? You say Leon made a bunch of big plays. Where? On kick returns? Big f#cking deal. So did Justin Miller.

Do you even know how many carries per game Leon has averaged with the Jets therefore keeping his legs fresh to where he averaged 4.8 yds per carry? He averaged (with rounding UP) [b]7 carries per game[/b]. [b]SEVEN[/b]. I wonder why he was fresh enough to do his thing. Get off his jock already. Leon Washington was overhyped. Get over it already. You'll come back and say he was so great on kick returns. I'll agree that his avg return was great. Don't overhype that though. He only had 4 returns for TD's. His best atribute was averaging 25.5 yards per return.

Hell....even Justin Miller averaged 1 TD per year on kick returns and had a higher yards per return average than Leon. And he played CB which meant that he was likely on the field more than Leon. Think he deserved the kind of money Leon wanted? I don't.

You said Leon was coming off a year in which he led the league? What year was that because I must've missed it considering he never rushed for more than 650 yards in a season. Maybe you had him confused with our other RB at the time Thomas Jones?

Take your own advice and read before posting okay? You make yourself look real bad when you don't.

#51 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

There is another side to this as well though. For instance....

Revis has 3 years left, what if, just what if Revis had a fluke year?... is he really THAT good? Is Cro really AS good as his 10INT's in what 07 I think it was? Darrelle had a couple of gimme INT's as well. The one that popped off Steve Smith shoe and into his lap or how about the Vincent Jackson fluke?.. now I'm just coming at this from a different angle. What if Darrelle had just an average year last year, would he be pushing for this?, would he be holding out? I don't know but I'm leaning toward NO!.

Revis has a good year (his first real good year) and now he talks new contract?.. I mean it does kinda suck and now that the fuckin dumb ass raiders totally raised the bar for a guy they tried to trade 2 years after (Just shoot me!). Fuck you Oakland!

In any event!.. It sucks and we are going through the ringer right now. Nick Mangold is next and he's going to want a kings ransom.

FUCK ME! (no homo)

#52 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Revis Island is slowing sinking into the ocean fellas!

Be afraid Jet fans. NY has been notorious for mistreating its players. The last thing the team and sexy Rexy need is a complete team implosion during your "Super Bowl or Bust" campaign.

On that note, Revis should not be paid like the best CB in the league. Theres no argument that he was the best corner LAST YEAR but how many times do we see a one year wonder flutter after one good season? If you want to be paid like the best, you need to do it consistently over a long period of time to be compensated as such IMO.

I use that rule with ANY player. No exception.

#53 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

While I agree with your idea of how and when a player should be paid, you're way off if you think Revis Island is sinking Frosty. Or is that a bit of wishful thinking? You guys down in miami must be PRAYING for the Jets to trade Revis which wont happen.

#54 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

[quote name='BadMrFrosty' date='04 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1275685494' post='303651']
[b]Revis Island is slowing sinking into the ocean fellas![/b]

Be afraid Jet fans. NY has been notorious for mistreating its players. The last thing the team and sexy Rexy need is a complete team implosion during your "Super Bowl or Bust" campaign.

On that note, Revis should not be paid like the best CB in the league. Theres no argument that he was the best corner LAST YEAR but how many times do we see a one year wonder flutter after one good season? If you want to be paid like the best, you need to do it consistently over a long period of time to be compensated as such IMO.

I use that rule with ANY player. No exception.
[/quote]

:Belly:

I swear it's something in the water down there.

How's BMarsh's 2nd hip surgery? How's the over payment coming along.

Revis has been a tops the league the last 2 years. He's the best corner in the league. Revis get's manned up against the best WR's on a per week to week basis. This isn't double coverage and playing your number 1 DB on number 2 WR's and playing your number 2 CB on opposing teams 1's with rolled coverage.

MANO EL MANO Revis does it by himself. The only other DB's that do it like Revis are Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

#55 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='04 June 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1275686165' post='303654']
While I agree with your idea of how and when a player should be paid, you're way off if you think Revis Island is sinking Frosty. Or is that a bit of wishful thinking? You guys down in miami must be PRAYING for the Jets to trade Revis which wont happen.
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind seeing Revis gets traded but to be completely worried about the guy? Nah. I don't think so. Miami put up a good amount of points the last three times they've played the Jets with a mediocre offense. The ones who should be worried are the Jets. How does an offense like Miami's do well against the supposed "best defense" in the league?

[quote]I swear it's something in the water down there.

How's BMarsh's 2nd hip surgery? How's the over payment coming along.

Revis has been a tops the league the last 2 years. He's the best corner in the league. Revis get's manned up against the best WR's on a per week to week basis. This isn't double coverage and playing your number 1 DB on number 2 WR's and playing your number 2 CB on opposing teams 1's with rolled coverage.

MANO EL MANO Revis does it by himself. The only other DB's that do it like Revis are Al Harris and Charles Woodson.[/quote]

Marshall had the best season of his career while playing with a busted hip. I'm not worried about it at all.

As far as Revis being a top CB the last 2 years, settle down there bud. He has a great season last year and thats it. He needs to do it more on a consistent basis before he should get the fat deal. Honestly, pay the man whatever. I could careless. I'm just laughing at how poorly the Jets are treating its best players.

#56 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

Frosty, Revis had a great 2008 season as well, he was the only guy in the Jets secondary doing his job the rest were a bunch of chickens with their heads chop off. Revis was also a beast as a rookie.

And for the offense putting up points on the Jets the last 3 games, well if you remember the last time we played you your offense was shut down, they needed a defensive TD and 2 ST TDs to win. Jets defense is going to be better than last year.
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan0099' date='04 June 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1275686803' post='303658']
Frosty, Revis had a great 2008 season as well, he was the only guy in the Jets secondary doing his job the rest were a bunch of chickens with their heads chop off. Revis was also a beast as a rookie.[/quote]

Define great for me please. Because I define great as a season like last year for Revis.

[quote]And for the offense putting up points on the Jets the last 3 games, well if you remember the last time we played you your offense was shut down, they needed a defensive TD and 2 ST TDs to win. Jets defense is going to be better than last year.
[/quote]

And what makes you think they will be "better" this season? Hasn't Miami's offense become better? I will say this, yes the Jets defense shut down Miami's offense the last time they met, but make no mistake, the offense did a good job of carving up the Jets defense the last previous two outings. The Jets stopped Miami's wildcat last time, but you can bank on new wrinkles and an even more diverse play selection (considering we have Marshall of course) next time around. Its not going to be a walk in the park for the Jets.

#58 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

[quote name='BadMrFrosty' date='04 June 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1275686513' post='303656']
I wouldn't mind seeing Revis gets traded but to be completely worried about the guy? Nah. I don't think so. Miami put up a good amount of points the last three times they've played the Jets with a mediocre offense. The ones who should be worried are the Jets. How does an offense like Miami's do well against the supposed "best defense" in the league?

Marshall had the best season of his career while playing with a busted hip. I'm not worried about it at all.

As far as Revis being a top CB the last 2 years, settle down there bud. He has a great season last year and thats it. He needs to do it more on a consistent basis before he should get the fat deal. Honestly, pay the man whatever. I could careless. I'm just laughing at how poorly the Jets are treating its best players.
[/quote]

Oh relax dude. This contractual business just started. You think everything is going to get done right off the bat. There is going to be lobbying from both sides until they reach an agreement. It's called negotiating.

A deal will get done very soon. Our GM has already came out and said he's worth every penny and he'll retire a Jet. It will take a little time to reach common ground just like any process.

There is a history with the Jets however know of what you speak before you speak it. Pete Kendall was an aging lineman that wanted a new contract he was cut, Chris Baker came off of a broken leg and wanted ridiculous money, he was shipped out, we got Keller soon after. Not bad huh?, Alan Faneca was probably our worst lineman. He's getting old and was due the money. He was let go without prejudice, Leon is on the PUP list in Seattle. Broken Tibia and fibula and reports state that he'll have to play with a rod is leg. Would you give him a 4+million dollar contract?.. Hard gutsy moves from Mike T.

Now D. Rev being the best DB in the league will be paid like it. He'll be treated just fine.

As for B Marsh... let see how those hips hold up in the next 1 to 2 years. Your not worried? thats because your ignorant. Surprise is a muthafucka.

#59 User is offline   BadMrFrosty Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='04 June 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1275687383' post='303662']
There is a history with the Jets however know of what you speak before you speak it. Pete Kendall was an aging lineman that wanted a new contract he was cut, Chris Baker came off of a broken leg and wanted ridiculous money, he was shipped out, we got Keller soon after. Not bad huh?, Alan Faneca was probably our worst lineman. He's getting old and was due the money. He was let go without prejudice, Leon is on the PUP list in Seattle. Broken Tibia and fibula and reports state that he'll have to play with a rod is leg. Would you give him a 4+million dollar contract?.. Hard gutsy moves from Mike T. [/quote]

Your obviously not seeing the forest because of the trees. No surprise considering I'm talking to a Jets fan.

Regardless what kind of a decision is made on a player, whether it be right or wrong, it has ramifications on how players feel about their respective organization. And the way its being perceived by many, it looks like the Jets don't take care of their guys. And if that perception is had by many, how do you think the players see it? Wake the f*** up.

[quote]Jets' contract problems come from a failure to take care of their own

Posted by Mike Florio on June 3, 2010 5:24 PM ET
Last decade, the Redskins had a habit of giving big money to free-agent players from other teams, while ignoring the home-grown draft picks who became good players.

And the home-grown draft picks who became good players noticed.

Though the Redskins have changed their ways, the phenomenon has begun to invade New York. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the current contract disputes involving cornerback Darrelle Revis and center Nick Mangold flow directly from the team's reluctance to take care of players it drafted, at a time when plenty of money has been given away to strangers.

[b]Complicating matters is a growing line of Jets players who believe that promises were made but not honored by the front office.[/b] It started in recent years with guard Pete Kendall and continued with guard Brandon Moore, tight end Chris Baker, and receiver Laveranues Coles. Now, Revis, Mangold, linebacker Davis Harris, and left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson find themselves, we're told, in the same boat. Each has been advised, in some form or another, that the team will take care of him, and to date none has received a new deal.

It remains to be seen whether Revis, Mangold, or any of the other players will take a stand. Even if they don't, the situation could creates an atmosphere of mistrust that would make it hard for a collection of All-Stars to come together and fulfill the expectations that the front office has created.[/quote]

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/03/jets-contract-problems-come-from-a-failure-to-take-care-of-their-own/]Click Here[/url]

But please, by all means, keep telling yourself everything is going to be ok. When your team implodes and goes 6-10 next season, you'll know why.

[quote]As for B Marsh... let see how those hips hold up in the next 1 to 2 years. Your not worried? thats because your ignorant. Surprise is a muthafucka.
[/quote]

I'm ignorant? Says the guy who can't take off his puke green glasses for one minute to see whats actually going on? I guess I'll take as a compliment.

Players have major surgery all the time and still go on to play long productive careers. Again, it doesn't worry me one bit.

#60 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

[quote name='BadMrFrosty' date='04 June 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1275687238' post='303661']
Define great for me please. Because I define great as a season like last year for Revis.

And what makes you think they will be "better" this season? Hasn't Miami's offense become better? I will say this, yes the Jets defense shut down Miami's offense the last time they met, but make no mistake, the offense did a good job of carving up the Jets defense the last previous two outings. The Jets stopped Miami's wildcat last time, but you can bank on new wrinkles and an even more diverse play selection (considering we have Marshall of course) next time around. Its not going to be a walk in the park for the Jets.
[/quote]
Great by he was a top 3 CB in 2008 and made the probowl.

I think they'll be better this year because its the 2nd year in the system and they upgraded spots.
Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users