NYJetsFan.com Forums: ******* World Cup Thread ******* - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Resize Shouts Area

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

******* World Cup Thread ******* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#21 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan0099' date='12 June 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1276375571' post='304154']
Question, what is the buzzing noise at every soccer game on TV? Its really annoying.
[/quote]

They come from vuvuzelas - a South African trumpet-type instrument that only plays one note.

#22 User is offline   socaljetsfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Now it comes down to who can beat Algeria and Slovenia with the best goal differential. The US needs a better one, if we were to come out of the group in the second spot, we would most likely play Germany which would be a very tough battle.

"No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either y'all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn." -Smokey

#23 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

[quote name='Smedsthejet' date='12 June 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1276375156' post='304153']
Analysts over here have been arguing to play him up front alone, but that would demand a less direct approach than England usually play. With Heskey or Crouch alongside him, the team are arguably more inclined to loft long balls upfield, but that doesn't mean you can't play the ball on the ground too. We need to get Rooney dropping more into the space between defence and midfield, play a quick one-two with a teammate, and have him roll his marker because he'll have most defenders beat for pace.
[/quote]

It's an interesting debate, but Rooney started dropping deeper and deeper. Why not play Defoe? Use that pace to play off of Rooney, he can drop deeper and bring him into play. IDK, I just don't think Rooney has it when he is around other great players, he tends to just blend in. When Ronaldo left United, he shined.

[quote name='socaljetsfan' date='12 June 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1276376535' post='304157']
Now it comes down to who can beat Algeria and Slovenia with the best goal differential. The US needs a better one, if we were to come out of the group in the second spot, we would most likely play Germany which would be a very tough battle.
[/quote]

Serbia is no push over either. We just need to get out of our group. I don't have a preference between the two of them.

#24 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

Germany owned 4 to nill, dont see how anyone in their bracket could contend with them. Their passing and ball movement was rediculous. Yes Australia isnt a power but the precision was very good.

All in all after the first few days im happy. U.S. is in a decent position and Germany is looking powerful, JAVUL![img]http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/Laugh.png[/img]
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Mesut Ozil is a star.

#26 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

I watched the Oz/Germany game. Wow...that sucks. I have a soft spot for Aussie land. That was just unbelievabley precise and consistent. The Germans consistently got themselves open looks at the goal.

By the way...does Germany pay off players to join their team? I mean most of their good ones are from elsewhere? Haha...Podolski, Cacau, that Turkish dude.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

[quote name='HurricaneJet32' date='14 June 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1276529905' post='304211']
I watched the Oz/Germany game. Wow...that sucks. I have a soft spot for Aussie land. That was just unbelievabley precise and consistent. The Germans consistently got themselves open looks at the goal.

By the way...does Germany pay off players to join their team? I mean most of their good ones are from elsewhere? Haha...Podolski, Cacau, that Turkish dude.
[/quote]

They do have a lot of players who are of a mixed heritage, but Ozil - who looked brilliant, although showed off a little too much at times - was born in Germany and Podolski and Klose both moved there at a young age. The only one with not many ties to Germany is Cacau, who only got his citizenship last year. Thing is you wouldn't think they have that many naturalised Germans in their team considering you have to live there 8 years to acquire citizenship, whereas in Britain you only have to have lived here five years (England could legally have Almunia of Arsenal playing in goal).

They were the best team to have played at this point by far. I just hope England finishes top (if Germany finish top), so we avoid them in the next round - we'll give them to you Americans!

On another note, I have to admit Australia disappointed me. Their squad is aging, but they did a good job in Germany in 2006, and gave Italy a good game in the last 16.

Holland today didn't stand out against Denmark, who admittedly were tricky opponents. Italy v Paraguay has the potential to be a competitive match because the Italians are by no means as strong as the side that win four years ago.

#28 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

Holland played way too narrow, with VDV and Kuyt who are really not wingers. Netherlands will figure it out though and go on. They'll be able to score goals in this tournament, but they'll be tested defensively. They have a really easy group from the looks of it after that Japan/Cameroon match (a big well done to Japan).

Smeds hit it right on the head about the mixed heritages.

Ozil did show off a bit, and missed some clear goals but his passing and creativity was awesome. He's going to be leaving Werder Bremen sometime in the next 12 months, or earlier.

Aussies had it rough, and that sending off of Cahill, even though I hate him with a passion was wrong.

I actually have a bet on Paraguay, with all the questions in age for Italy. We'll see!

#29 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

The Dutch are a different team with Robben in the lineup, though. Of course, he probably is out of the lineup more often than not.

I actually really want to see the next matches for Germany and Australia. Kind of find out who was for real...is Germany really that good or were the Aussie's really that bad.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='14 June 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1276532165' post='304214']
Holland played way too narrow, with VDV and Kuyt who are really not wingers. Netherlands will figure it out though and go on. They'll be able to score goals in this tournament, but they'll be tested defensively. They have a really easy group from the looks of it after that Japan/Cameroon match (a big well done to Japan).

Smeds hit it right on the head about the mixed heritages.

Ozil did show off a bit, and missed some clear goals but his passing and creativity was awesome. He's going to be leaving Werder Bremen sometime in the next 12 months, or earlier.

Aussies had it rough, and that sending off of Cahill, even though I hate him with a passion was wrong.

I actually have a bet on Paraguay, with all the questions in age for Italy. We'll see!
[/quote]

Just looked it up on Wikipedia and Podolski and Klose both moved to Germany in the mid-1980s when Communism was collapsing.

For the Dutch van der Vaart was the biggest problem IMO because he's had far less experience out wide than Kuyt. As HurricaneJet said though, with Robben they'll be better. I'm surprised they don't go with Kuyt through the middle and van Persie out wide because van Persie can deliver a great ball and has more pace. At least they could alternate positions more than they did today.

#31 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

I think it was a bit of both with Germany and the Aussies. Aussies have a lot of older veteran players the Germany is full of youth and speed. The was clearly evident in their game. I do think the Germans are a dangerous team. It's going to take quality defenders to hold the Germans offensive attack down.

#32 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

[quote name='Smedsthejet' date='14 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1276536143' post='304222']
Just looked it up on Wikipedia and Podolski and Klose both moved to Germany in the mid-1980s when Communism was collapsing.

For the Dutch van der Vaart was the biggest problem IMO because he's had far less experience out wide than Kuyt. As HurricaneJet said though, with Robben they'll be better. I'm surprised they don't go with Kuyt through the middle and van Persie out wide because van Persie can deliver a great ball and has more pace. At least they could alternate positions more than they did today.
[/quote]

Still, I think they need VDV on the field. I'm not sure Van Bommel and De Jong together is needed as much in group stages as much as it'll be used in the KO stages so they have some cover for their poor defense.

Robben might be enough to let VDV go out and play on the left again, because Robben really does provide the width.

They have an incredible amount of attacking players.

Who knows though. Like I said, they have options. Kuyt for me doesn't have a spot on this team unless they play a 4-4-2, and he's next to Van Perise. Kuyt can play the lead striker, and Van Persie can play off him because of how versatile he is.

#33 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='14 June 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1276536234' post='304223']
I think it was a bit of both with Germany and the Aussies. Aussies have a lot of older veteran players the Germany is full of youth and speed. The was clearly evident in their game. I do think the Germans are a dangerous team. It's going to take quality defenders to hold the Germans offensive attack down.

[/quote]

I fully agree with that. But if Germany can keep the precision passing on they are going to be very dangerous, even for the better teams. Klose has about 6 world cup goals off headers too, so if they can keep up all those good crosses, something is eventually going in. Klose could have easily had another 2-3 goals yesterday, again i think thats partly do to the Australians not being so great, but still showing how aggressive he is and what the Germans are capable of.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

we dominated that game vs England only the scoreboard was close. I think our NFL gurus should tinker with that game and make it more exciting to watch .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

[quote name='Clemens11' date='14 June 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1276538669' post='304227']
I fully agree with that. But if Germany can keep the precision passing on they are going to be very dangerous, even for the better teams. Klose has about 6 world cup goals off headers too, so if they can keep up all those good crosses, something is eventually going in. Klose could have easily had another 2-3 goals yesterday, again i think thats partly do to the Australians not being so great, but still showing how aggressive he is and what the Germans are capable of.
[/quote]

Klose has had an awful season for his club, and I'm really surprised to see him selected. That being said, he did play well enough to get into the next game but if he goes back to the form he was in for Bayern this year, Cacau will be up and off the bench really quickly. Same goes for Podolski.

Ozil and Muller are the main young clogs in the German team, and they're going to really rely on them.

Schwanstager is only like 25 and has near 100 caps, he provides alot of experience for them in the middle of the midfield.

Germany is obviously a favorite, but it's going to boil down to Klose and Podolski's ability to keep bagging goals.

[quote name='gmany3k' date='14 June 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1276539512' post='304233']
we dominated that game vs England only the scoreboard was close. I think our NFL gurus should tinker with that game and make it more exciting to watch .
[/quote]

Keep the NFL away from the beautiful game.

#36 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/simulations?cc=5901&ver=us
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#37 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

For NFL games the media measure the volume of sound and brag about how you can't hear anything. All those fake asses lying and saying they are excited for soccer but whine about that noise are cracking me up.

I've only started to give soccer a chance and it didn't bother me...sounds better than Dolphin fans cheering or the sound of Manning sniveling.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#38 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

Complaining about the sounds is racist!

#39 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

now that's not true the horns come in many different colors.:Laugh:

#40 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

The quality of soccer this tournament has been really poor. I hope in the second round of games, when teams really need to chase all 3 points, it'll get better.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users