NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ms Holiday Plan - New Xbox And Kinect - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

SECRETS AND LIES NOTHING BUT SECRETS AND LIES!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 03:26 PM) FIRE BOWLES
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 03:26 PM) CONSTANT TURNOVER
azjetfan Icon : (03 March 2015 - 03:43 PM) I think we need to fire more people. Like Justin Beiber
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 04:22 PM) Kareem Jackson is a decent player, I would rather go elsewhere for CB though> He has been a streaky player, some bad seasons some good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 06:23 PM) THE KNICKS
Chaos Icon : (03 March 2015 - 06:43 PM) @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Chaos Icon : (03 March 2015 - 06:43 PM) WOW. Rex is gearing up for ground and pound.
Chaos Icon : (03 March 2015 - 06:44 PM) Jets can sign Spiller now but they're going to need a new LB. Rex is gunning for David Harris.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:44 PM) Jets should trade Harris to Minnesota for Minnesota for AP
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:44 PM) Throw in Ivory/Powell or a pick
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:45 PM) Damn they got Shady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:45 PM) Do NOT give up Ivory
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:45 PM) Powell ok Ivory HELL NO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (03 March 2015 - 07:50 PM) Well that definitely opens the door for CJ Spiller to the JETS now that the Jills got Shady
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) Spiller is a joke. 99 % of the time he gets tackled for a loss or a 1 or 2 yard gain maximum. He breaks a run here and there. he had one good year in his whole career. their is a reason he is a backup and not the starter. I suggest you guys that believe Spiller has anything to offer go through the play by play game logs. I did and he is horrendous.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:14 AM) Spiller cannot break a tackle period. I broke down last years game logs of his runs in a thread last year. He isn't even a pass catching rb. Fred Jackson catches most of the running back passes.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:20 AM) Unless Spiller comes tremendously cheap no thank you. Wouldn't pay more than a one year deal worth 1 million at most. All he has is speed. Not even on Sproles level. His stats are inflated. For instance he has 10 runs in a game and 9 of them are losses are or 1-2 yard runs. Then he breaks one on the outside for 40-70 yards. Not reliable at all. Even when he break one he is guaranteed a td
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 AM) Even in his 1200 yard rushing year he only had 6 tds rushing and 2 receiving
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:23 AM) Spiller is only valuable as a special teams player. Period By year 2010 ) tds rshng 1 rcvng 283 yards rshng
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 AM) meant 0 tds rushing in 2010, 2011 4 tds 561 yards rushing 2tds receiving, 2012 6tds 1244 rushing 2 tds receiving, 2013 2tds 933 yards rushing 0tds receiving, 2014 0tds 300 yards rushing 1td receiving.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 05:41 AM) His stats look decent on paper but if you actually go through the game logs of his career like I did his stats are extremely inflated. For instance one game last year he had 10 attempts for 8 yards another 4 attempts for -4 yards, another 6 attempts for 19 yards, another 10 attempts for 25 yards.Another game he had 12 games for 69 yards but 47 of it was on one play. Point is he sucks as a running back. Who wants a rb that gets stopped 99% of the time and breaks one play fir a long run. We need reliable backs not a slim chance of him breaking one
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:06 AM) "NFL released its first 2015 League Year cap report to teams. Teams w/most room: 1) Jaguars $64.058M; 2) Jets $52.901; 3) Raiders $52.598M."
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:06 AM) #2 baby
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 AM) WE DID IT!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 AM) thnx idzik
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 AM) RE-HIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:10 AM) Well in all fairness, when I think about the Jets I do think about number two
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:30 AM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:30 AM) The Jaguars hired John Idzik for his expertise in contract negotiating
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 AM) ppl are going to get paid this offseason.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 AM) so many teams have space
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) eagles have 48M in cap space. Chip is going to go HAM this offseason.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 12:35 PM) @RapSheet: The #Bills have traded for Matt Cassel, the team announced.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) rex is gearing up his team
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) a QB that won't turn it over. 2 stud Rbs for ground and pound and will now start building his defense
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) McCoys agent said the trade is not final and he hinted that he may not be willing to play there.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) @KristianRDyer: Source: If Marcus Mariota is at No. 6, Eagles will make trade with #Jets http://www.metro.us/...-mCQODxZ1xjBVA/ … via @metronewyork #NYJets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 PM) Jets bringing in Kendall Langford and CHris Canty for visits
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:20 PM) Cassel blows
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) I wouldn't mind trading down personally
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 09:48 AM) Vince Wilfork will be a FA. Pats will not pick up his $8 million option. Looks like they are gearing up to keep Revis.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:35 AM) Bears shopping Marshall for a mid round pick
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:31 PM) What does his contract look like? Offer a 7th conditional 6th if we do something if the $$s are right.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:37 PM) He is almost due 9.6 million this year and has 2 years left. He is defiantly better than Harvin although a little older @ 30
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd rather sign Maclin or Cobb and then draft a WR early
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ms Holiday Plan - New Xbox And Kinect Thoughts

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

I though i'd open up a discussion on MS creating a new xbox and Kinect for the holiday. Its the biggest new invention for gaming since the 3 next gen consoles launched.
If your not familiar with Kinect (formerly Project natal) its a sensor that allows you to play games w/o any remote using your body as a controller. rumored to cost about 150.00
here are some links

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect



Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Amen Icon

  • Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,518
  • Joined: 17-April 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

It drops the day after my birthday, if I remember right. I'm gonna get a 360 again when this comes out -- mainly for my girl. She's really into dancing games, and Kinect seems right for that.

Only thing I heard is that it's unusable if you're sitting down. I can't see myself playing a racing game while standing, though.
0

#3 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

personally i think move will be better. looks super accurate. who wants to race standing up? lol
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 08 July 2010 - 05:09 PM, said:

personally i think move will be better. looks super accurate. who wants to race standing up? lol


? So a wii ripoff is better then new technology? Thats like saying you don't like touchscreen phones.
Move isn't any more accurate then the wii?


and amen thats what i heard too. i'm kinda with you on that. motion controlled gaming in my opinion is still at a gimmick point. Its not for everygame and will NEVER replace a remote control completly. but in some cases seems cool. espicially its integration into fable 3
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

not more accurate than wii? are u joking? its using bluetooth not shitty wireless like wii or xbox. watch the trailers my man, its 1to1 accurate
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 09 July 2010 - 03:19 PM, said:

not more accurate than wii? are u joking? its using bluetooth not shitty wireless like wii or xbox. watch the trailers my man, its 1to1 accurate


i did watch the trailers. and fyi wifi is more accurate then bluetooth and has a longer and wider range of connectivity. and obviously u have no knowledge of this to say any of that because the wii uses IR technology and the xbox doesn't use any controller. just a camera built into connect acts as the controller for up to four people.

you sound like a sony fan boy so don't bother to post in this thread. i made this to discuss the latest in gaming technology (kinect) and your trying to make it a sony is better then MS thread.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 July 2010 - 01:39 PM, said:

i did watch the trailers. and fyi wifi is more accurate then bluetooth and has a longer and wider range of connectivity. and obviously u have no knowledge of this to say any of that because the wii uses IR technology and the xbox doesn't use any controller. just a camera built into connect acts as the controller for up to four people.

you sound like a sony fan boy so don't bother to post in this thread. i made this to discuss the latest in gaming technology (kinect) and your trying to make it a sony is better then MS thread.


LOL ur a funny dude. if you wanna believe watever you type. if anything youre an xbox fanboy. have fun with your eye toy knock off. that was on ps2 incase you didnt know. You posted it was the biggest new invention and im allowed to have an opinion and post about it. if you cant take that then go make a blog. i mean seriously if i dont believe its all that special im gonna say somethin, thats just me. Have fun with your updated eyetoy tho
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 10 July 2010 - 01:04 PM, said:

LOL ur a funny dude. if you wanna believe watever you type. if anything youre an xbox fanboy. have fun with your eye toy knock off. that was on ps2 incase you didnt know. You posted it was the biggest new invention and im allowed to have an opinion and post about it. if you cant take that then go make a blog. i mean seriously if i dont believe its all that special im gonna say somethin, thats just me. Have fun with your updated eyetoy tho


your way off on your tech spes which was all i was pointing out. and PS2 did not have anything near kinect. they had a camera big whoop. bluetooth is a connection technology and nothing to do wit accuracy of a sensor yet you claim its (more accurate then wireless) and claim xbox works off of wireless when it doesn't have controllers at all and the wii which uses IR.

and no i'm not an xbox fanboy. its an easy copout for people to call everyone a fanboy. i said last year i got a macbook and i lked some stuff better then a PC and everypne called me a mac fanboy. then i said i got an iphone and it made it worse, then i got a WM phone and i was a MS fanboy. its a joke. i'm a fanboy alright but not of a brand but of a specific product. i like to have the latest and best tech. which is why i have a droid X on order to replace my omnia. here is a list of my equipment to show i like variety and best products for the money

Apple Iphone (work)
Macbook Pro (work)
Dell Stuido w/ windows 7 (personal)
Samsung Onia running WM6.0 (personal) Getting upgraded to the droid X running android on july 15th
MS xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Sony HD TV
Apple Ipod 80GB (over the zune)


So i have a mixture of apple, sony, MS, samsung, motorola etc.
I don't have a PS3 my brother who lives down the street has one so i can pla it whenevr i want anyway. and he has GOW 1-3 (i brought him the 1-2 pack for th PS3) and i played all 3 and don't get the obsession. its a decent game (he loves them though) I'm not knocking the PS as a gaming system becuase from a tech point it and the 360 have no clear winner. there both good gaming systems. But right now Kinect is a better product and technology then move.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 July 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

your way off on your tech spes which was all i was pointing out. and PS2 did not have anything near kinect. they had a camera big whoop. bluetooth is a connection technology and nothing to do wit accuracy of a sensor yet you claim its (more accurate then wireless) and claim xbox works off of wireless when it doesn't have controllers at all and the wii which uses IR.

and no i'm not an xbox fanboy. its an easy copout for people to call everyone a fanboy. i said last year i got a macbook and i lked some stuff better then a PC and everypne called me a mac fanboy. then i said i got an iphone and it made it worse, then i got a WM phone and i was a MS fanboy. its a joke. i'm a fanboy alright but not of a brand but of a specific product. i like to have the latest and best tech. which is why i have a droid X on order to replace my omnia. here is a list of my equipment to show i like variety and best products for the money

Apple Iphone (work)
Macbook Pro (work)
Dell Stuido w/ windows 7 (personal)
Samsung Onia running WM6.0 (personal) Getting upgraded to the droid X running android on july 15th
MS xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Sony HD TV
Apple Ipod 80GB (over the zune)


So i have a mixture of apple, sony, MS, samsung, motorola etc.
I don't have a PS3 my brother who lives down the street has one so i can pla it whenevr i want anyway. and he has GOW 1-3 (i brought him the 1-2 pack for th PS3) and i played all 3 and don't get the obsession. its a decent game (he loves them though) I'm not knocking the PS as a gaming system becuase from a tech point it and the 360 have no clear winner. there both good gaming systems. But right now Kinect is a better product and technology then move.

and i have all 3 systems in my home so im no fanboy I just have my preferrence. you started this thread with sayin you were opening a discussion and thats what im doin. I barely use my wii so i can really care less about what tech it uses, i know that the bluetooth will be 10x more accurate. And yes the eyetoy was a camera with the basic idea of what kinedt is. Doesnt make it new tech tho.
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 11 July 2010 - 06:45 AM, said:

and i have all 3 systems in my home so im no fanboy I just have my preferrence. you started this thread with sayin you were opening a discussion and thats what im doin. I barely use my wii so i can really care less about what tech it uses, i know that the bluetooth will be 10x more accurate. And yes the eyetoy was a camera with the basic idea of what kinedt is. Doesnt make it new tech tho.


as you said it was a basic idea but it wasn't the same thing. its like comparing a ford built in the 1930s to a 2010 ferrari. sure there both vehicles but one is outdated crap and the other is the latest and best technology.

and bluetooth was a horrible mistake on sony's part. bluetooth have a max range of about 32 feet at best and there signal strength drops considerably when used. Feel free to test your theory. put on a bluetooth headset to your cell phone and put it on the table. then talk to someone and keep moving away from it slowly. but about 10 feet your signal strength is about 1/5th what it was at 1 foot. now do the same with a regular wireles housephone (most work off the same tech as the xbox controller) and do the same thing. the signal won't start becoming prro until about 20-30 feet. at 20-30 feet bluetooth won't even connect.

Bluetooth was made as a universal connection tool for devices that are right next to the source it wasn't ever made to be used at a distance.

also the accuracy of the move remote is going to depend on the sensors inside the remote and nothing to do with the fact that its bluetooth, however there will be bad lag if you stand more then 5 feet from the system just due to bluetooths shortcomigs.

and once again the wii works off of IR and has noting to do with wireless.

So if you want to say as a preference you like the PS3 the best and you like move the best then sure feel free to. I'm not going to hate on somebody for their preference, just don't come bringing in technical specs to it because your wrong and don't know what your talking about.

Also as an FYI Kinect will add processing power to the 360. The kinect remote has its own buil in set of processors to process all the information and send it to the 360 meaning its not going to use any more resources, the PS3 MOVE does not and that means using move will drain resources from the sysytem itself. add that to the slower running spped of a blu ray disc and there will be lag. you can even see it in the early demo's
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

ok and here are some more specs i looked up since you say bluetooth will be more accurate (and bluetooth has nothing to do with accuracy so i don't understand your argument)

Move
300 DEGREES MAX MOTION TRACKING

6 OUT OF 30 FRAMES CAMERA LAG

Wii

1600 DEGREES max motion
LESS THAN 1 FRAME LAG
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

have you used the wii remote? if you have than you should understan. its very very inaccurate. its a pain in the ass to type anything on there. no if you watch the demos for move its said to be waaay more accurate. and who is playing a game from 30ft away? lol my ps3 controller is bluetooth and no lag at all? my bluetooth headset works all the way in the back of the house no problems.
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 11 July 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

have you used the wii remote? if you have than you should understan. its very very inaccurate. its a pain in the ass to type anything on there. no if you watch the demos for move its said to be waaay more accurate. and who is playing a game from 30ft away? lol my ps3 controller is bluetooth and no lag at all? my bluetooth headset works all the way in the back of the house no problems.


u must have a small house. max bluetooth range is 32 ft (fyi the wii uses bluetooth as well for connection and IR for reciever.
also the point of this thread was to discuss kinect not to be a move vs kinect thread which u turned it into.

be that as it may my major issue is the lack of specs posted for it. I could find very few specs on it. ususally new devices loe to post there specs as a bragging right. kinect specs are all over

tracks 48 skeletal points
Sensor
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m
Data Streams
320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec
640x480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to Live Avatars
Audio System
Live party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox Live Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple

and another source

Sensor
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m – 3.5m
Data Streams
320×240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec
640×480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to Live Avatars
Audio System
Live party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox Live Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple



Also in response to Amen MS said that it works sitting down as well

The problem with move is you need a camera still. and the camera tracks the ball at the end of the move remote.

I looked for specs on move and i found this

PlayStation Move motion controller

Product name: PlayStationmove motion controller
Product code: CECH-ZCM1
Release date: Fall 2010
Recommended retail price: To be decided
Color: Black
Mass: Approx. 145 g
External dimension: Approx. 200mm × 46mm (height × diameter)
Battery type: Built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Voltage: DC 3.7 V
Operating temperature: 5℃~35℃

PlayStation Move sub-controller

Product name: PlayStation Move sub-controller
Product code: CECH-ZCS1
Release date: Fall 2010
Recommended retail price: To be decided
Color: Black
Mass: Approx. 95 g
External dimension: Approx. 138mm × 42mm (height × diameter)
Battery type:Built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion batter
Voltage:DC 3.7 V
Operating temperature: 5℃~35℃

No info about the device that is important to its performace

here is another
PlayStation®Move motion controller
Three-axis gyroscope
Three-axis accelerometer

Terrestrial megnetic field sensor
Colour-changing sphere for Playstation Eye tracking
Bluetooth® technology
Vibration feedback
PlayStation®Move sub-controller
Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Bluetooth® technology
2 DUALSHOCK® or SIXAXIS® Wireless Controller replacement capability.
PlayStation® Eye
Built-in four-capsule microphone array
Echo cancellation
Background noise suppression

it requires 3 devices to work, just like the wii which is a wand, attachment, and reading device

The reason i bolded that is becuase thats the same exact thing the wii uses with the wii motion plus attachment.
I'm also concerned that there is no processor to process the info move provides menaing it will use the PS3's processor to calculate movements leaving less available to the games. Kinect has its own processor but i'd like to see the specs on it before making a judgement
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:23 PM



here is a video of the demo. watch the 1st game (some fighting game) its from the 1min mark to the 2 min mark roughly.
you can see on the punches he throws there is some noticible lag. also sometimes it doesn't even track his punch and the guy doesn't throw one in the game (most noticible when he tries a "dirty move" towards the end of that games demo around the 1:45 mark. the crowd even did an awww noise when the controller completely missed a huge movement like that. also sometimes the guy on the screen throws a punch when he doesn't even throw one just cause his body flinches. overall the accuracy looks poor and its very apparent in that demo. also you limited by 2 wands so hands only. how about a kick in the game? lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,913
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

It's fun to challenge 115 in bitchery so that you know he burns time out of his life researching on nonsense

Lofl
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

View Postsantana, on 12 July 2010 - 04:04 PM, said:

It's fun to challenge 115 in bitchery so that you know he burns time out of his life researching on nonsense

Lofl

not really. most of the stuff i just go by what i know already. sometimes i do a little research which is as easy as typing in (....specs) in google.

i like a debate with facts not when you post info and someone is like nah this is better which is unfortunately what most of the internet consists of.

I just don't understand the whole "fan-boy" thing. why do people defend a company or product so hard just because they own it? Yeah everybody wants all the bets stuff and to brag abot it but its stupid. i wouldn't say the PS3 is crap just becuase i don't prefer it to the 360. truth is if MS never made a gaming machine i guarantee i would own one. I love gaming but PS owned a monopoly on premier systems until MS stepped in. and thanks to MS we have online gaming, built in hard drives and more. all sony did was build better machines then nintendo which wasn't hard becuase nintendo never cared about the machine. they cared about 1st party games more. MS came in and made a competition with it and everybody won. we got 2 premier gaming systems and you can pick what u like best. Apple had the market on best phones by far, then google stepped in and launched the android OD and android market and gave people a choice when they wanted a primier phone. and again everyone won. i've had verizon for my personal phone for over 8 years and wouldn't switch. I've used sprint, nextel, and at&t via company phones i've been giving over the past 8 years and none of their service comes close to the reliablilty of verizon. but verizon always had shitty phones compared to ATT and t-mobile. now with android it all changed.

New products aren't always great (like the zune which failed) but at least the force competition. thats why people hate madden. before 2006 the NFL license was avaialble for everyone and it let games be made by gameday, 2k sports, fever etc. and the competition allowed for the bets choices for people. 2k5 was one of the best football games and madden 05 was nothing to scoff at. fever 2004 revolutonized the passing game. then they rbought the licence and madden 06 sucked horribly. madden 10 was teh 1st madden game since then that i thoought was actually a good game.

Competition makes people step there game up and consumers should support it and enjoy it. not own one thing and blindly think everything they do is perfect.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 12 July 2010 - 08:06 PM, said:

not really. most of the stuff i just go by what i know already. sometimes i do a little research which is as easy as typing in (....specs) in google.

i like a debate with facts not when you post info and someone is like nah this is better which is unfortunately what most of the internet consists of.

I just don't understand the whole "fan-boy" thing. why do people defend a company or product so hard just because they own it? Yeah everybody wants all the bets stuff and to brag abot it but its stupid. i wouldn't say the PS3 is crap just becuase i don't prefer it to the 360. truth is if MS never made a gaming machine i guarantee i would own one. I love gaming but PS owned a monopoly on premier systems until MS stepped in. and thanks to MS we have online gaming, built in hard drives and more. all sony did was build better machines then nintendo which wasn't hard becuase nintendo never cared about the machine. they cared about 1st party games more. MS came in and made a competition with it and everybody won. we got 2 premier gaming systems and you can pick what u like best. Apple had the market on best phones by far, then google stepped in and launched the android OD and android market and gave people a choice when they wanted a primier phone. and again everyone won. i've had verizon for my personal phone for over 8 years and wouldn't switch. I've used sprint, nextel, and at&t via company phones i've been giving over the past 8 years and none of their service comes close to the reliablilty of verizon. but verizon always had shitty phones compared to ATT and t-mobile. now with android it all changed.

New products aren't always great (like the zune which failed) but at least the force competition. thats why people hate madden. before 2006 the NFL license was avaialble for everyone and it let games be made by gameday, 2k sports, fever etc. and the competition allowed for the bets choices for people. 2k5 was one of the best football games and madden 05 was nothing to scoff at. fever 2004 revolutonized the passing game. then they rbought the licence and madden 06 sucked horribly. madden 10 was teh 1st madden game since then that i thoought was actually a good game.

Competition makes people step there game up and consumers should support it and enjoy it. not own one thing and blindly think everything they do is perfect.


Soo all that and no reply?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,913
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Yep didn't even read it

You are just another uneducated consumer zombie
Enjoy
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#19 User is offline   Amen Icon

  • Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,518
  • Joined: 17-April 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,214
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Albany N.Y
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

LOL my man quoted his own post too funny
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users