NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***lebron James Watch Thread*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***lebron James Watch Thread*** Among other NBA Free Agents

#1 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

With July 1st coming at us, I think its time we start having some NBA FA talks here. Lets have some fun gentlemen.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

NorthJersey.com Article

LeBron James eager to hear owner's pitch
Sunday, June 27, 2010
BY AL IANNAZZONE
The Record
STAFF WRITER

Russian multibillionaire Mikhail Prokhorov won’t only promise he can make LeBron James the global icon he craves to be, the Nets’ owner will promise James the world.

Prokhorov will be the first owner James sits down with when the free agent negotiating period begins at 12:01 a.m. Thursday.

James’ relationship with part-owner Jay-Z can’t be discounted, but the main reason James picked the NBA’s worst team to talk with first is because of Prokhorov, who has promised the Nets will win a championship within five years.

"LeBron really wants to meet Prokhorov and see what he’s about," a person close to the situation said. "He’s really interested in meeting him."

Prokhorov, Jay-Z retiring president Rod Thorn and coach Avery Johnson will fly the principal owner’s Gulfstream jet to Ohio for a sit-down with the King and his minions Thursday.

This will be more than a meet and greet, however. Prokhorov is expecting to fit James for a No. 6 Nets’ jersey.

The Bulls, Clippers, Knicks, Cavaliers and Heat will get their chance with James, but there are people who believe the Nets could have the best chance at landing James and perhaps Chris Bosh in what would amount to a package deal. Bosh might follow James to whatever city he decides to play

"He’s coming to New Jersey," someone close to James said.

The Bulls have been considered the favorites, but that prediction seems to change daily. The Nets have as good a shot as Chicago, multiple NBA sources said.

Unless there’s a sign-and-trade, James can get roughly $97 million over five years from teams other than Cleveland. The Cavaliers can give James six years and $127 million. To make up the difference, the Nets can offer many of the marketing and endorsement possibilities of New York.

James idolizes Jay-Z and wants to follow in the hip-hop mogul’s footsteps in developing a brand. With Prokhorov’s wealth and European ties, he could help James achieve three of his desires: to win a championship, become a global superstar and be a billionaire athlete.

"Prokhorov thinks global," said an NBA front-office executive. "He’s a worldwide guy.’’

"He’s going to bring a new enthusiasm to the franchise, a fresh new look," a prominent agent said. "He’s going to put the resources to do what it takes for them to be really competitive. I think there’s a real air of excitement about the Nets."

The Nets have $27 million to spend, enough to sign one max player and another for roughly $11 million. But Thorn continues to try and move salaries.

They potentially have eight draft picks in the next two years and other assets, including Thursday’s first-round choice Derrick Favors, that they would use in trades, to clear money or facilitate sign-and-trades. Thorn has referred to Favors as "a chip."

The Nets have put together many videos and presentations, as well as contingency plans if they can’t get James and/or Bosh. Memphis small forward Rudy Gay and Knicks power forward David Lee are fall-back options, along with Utah power forward Carlos Boozer and Suns big man Amar’e Stoudemire.

But the Nets are putting everything into James, who would make them a championship contender for years.

But now there are questions about how Thorn’s impending departure could impact free agency. Jerry Colangelo, Joe Dumars and Sam Presti have been mentioned as possible replacements for Thorn when he leaves July 15.

The organization wanted Thorn to stay, but is banking on Jay-Z’s appeal and Prokhorov’s intrigue as an international man of mystery with very deep pockets to attract superstars.

"I think all the agents and everybody associated with the game [are] well aware of Mr. Prokhorov," Thorn said. "That’s a real plus for us.

"There’s a curiosity. Every time he’s quoted, it’s always [he wants] to have a good team. I just think he’s a real positive."

Russian multibillionaire Mikhail Prokhorov won’t only promise he can make LeBron James the global icon he craves to be, the Nets’ owner will promise James the world.

Prokhorov will be the first owner James sits down with when the free agent negotiating period begins at 12:01 a.m. Thursday.

James’ relationship with part-owner Jay-Z can’t be discounted, but the main reason James picked the NBA’s worst team to talk with first is because of Prokhorov, who has promised the Nets will win a championship within five years.

"LeBron really wants to meet Prokhorov and see what he’s about," a person close to the situation said. "He’s really interested in meeting him."

Prokhorov, Jay-Z retiring president Rod Thorn and coach Avery Johnson will fly the principal owner’s Gulfstream jet to Ohio for a sit-down with the King and his minions Thursday.

This will be more than a meet and greet, however. Prokhorov is expecting to fit James for a No. 6 Nets’ jersey.

The Bulls, Clippers, Knicks, Cavaliers and Heat will get their chance with James, but there are people who believe the Nets could have the best chance at landing James and perhaps Chris Bosh in what would amount to a package deal. Bosh might follow James to whatever city he decides to play

"He’s coming to New Jersey," someone close to James said.

The Bulls have been considered the favorites, but that prediction seems to change daily. The Nets have as good a shot as Chicago, multiple NBA sources said.

Unless there’s a sign-and-trade, James can get roughly $97 million over five years from teams other than Cleveland. The Cavaliers can give James six years and $127 million. To make up the difference, the Nets can offer many of the marketing and endorsement possibilities of New York.

James idolizes Jay-Z and wants to follow in the hip-hop mogul’s footsteps in developing a brand. With Prokhorov’s wealth and European ties, he could help James achieve three of his desires: to win a championship, become a global superstar and be a billionaire athlete.

"Prokhorov thinks global," said an NBA front-office executive. "He’s a worldwide guy.’’

"He’s going to bring a new enthusiasm to the franchise, a fresh new look," a prominent agent said. "He’s going to put the resources to do what it takes for them to be really competitive. I think there’s a real air of excitement about the Nets."

The Nets have $27 million to spend, enough to sign one max player and another for roughly $11 million. But Thorn continues to try and move salaries.

They potentially have eight draft picks in the next two years and other assets, including Thursday’s first-round choice Derrick Favors, that they would use in trades, to clear money or facilitate sign-and-trades. Thorn has referred to Favors as "a chip."

The Nets have put together many videos and presentations, as well as contingency plans if they can’t get James and/or Bosh. Memphis small forward Rudy Gay and Knicks power forward David Lee are fall-back options, along with Utah power forward Carlos Boozer and Suns big man Amar’e Stoudemire.

But the Nets are putting everything into James, who would make them a championship contender for years.

But now there are questions about how Thorn’s impending departure could impact free agency. Jerry Colangelo, Joe Dumars and Sam Presti have been mentioned as possible replacements for Thorn when he leaves July 15.

The organization wanted Thorn to stay, but is banking on Jay-Z’s appeal and Prokhorov’s intrigue as an international man of mystery with very deep pockets to attract superstars.

"I think all the agents and everybody associated with the game [are] well aware of Mr. Prokhorov," Thorn said. "That’s a real plus for us.

"There’s a curiosity. Every time he’s quoted, it’s always [he wants] to have a good team. I just think he’s a real positive."
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Top NBA free agents

http://www.scoresrep...ents-of-2010-2/

However, LBJ would look better as Knick. Just sayin :grimace-32:

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Jameer and Vince to the Hornets for Paul.

DOOOOO IT NEW ORLEANS

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Come on LeBron!! Join the Nets or Knicks, I pick no favorites!

They are saying the Bulls have the best chance, they could add LeBron and get another top FA, but I am not sure if LBJ and Rose are a good fit together.

Miami would be sick with LBJ and Wade.

They are also saying there is pretty much no chance that LBJ returns to Cleveland.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

The more I read and hear the more I believe one of these 3 things will happen.

1. LeBron to the Nets and Bosh follows
2. LeBron stays in Cleveland and Bosh goes to Miami
3. LeBron to the Bulls and Bosh follows

Im not gonna say he wont sign with the Knicks, but if he does, I will be shocked. (According to what I read and hear.)
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

New York Times is reporting that an NBA executive told them that James and Bosh to the... BULLS is all but a done deal. Looks like the Knicks are gonna be left behind again.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

View Postnejets2820, on 27 June 2010 - 03:14 PM, said:

New York Times is reporting that an NBA executive told them that James and Bosh to the... BULLS is all but a done deal. Looks like the Knicks are gonna be left behind again.

There is gonna be alot of "done deals" from now until the 8th. When I see the ink dry, THATS when I will react. Other than that all of these publications are just fodder.

We are all going on hunches and speculations but the bottom-line is this, only these guys know the truth so we just have to sit and wait.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 June 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

Come on LeBron!! Join the Nets or Knicks, I pick no favorites!

They are saying the Bulls have the best chance, they could add LeBron and get another top FA, but I am not sure if LBJ and Rose are a good fit together.

Miami would be sick with LBJ and Wade.

They are also saying there is pretty much no chance that LBJ returns to Cleveland.

So you don't think Rose and LBJ can exist, but you're sure of LBJ and Wade being good together?

I still have him going back to Cleveland.

#10 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

ESPN Link

SOURCE: Knicks going after Joe Johnson & Amare

While waiting for their opportunity to sell LeBron James on their team, the New York Knicks will be busy courting other stars that could potentially play with him at Madison Square Garden.

Their first such meeting will be with Joe Johnson, the Atlanta Hawks' All-Star guard, according to league sources.

When the clock strikes midnight ET in New York on July 1, the Knicks will be in Los Angeles meeting with Johnson, who will hold all of his meetings with clubs on the West Coast. After seeing Johnson at 9 p.m. Pacific time, team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni will fly to Phoenix to meet with Amare Stoudemire.

Finally, the Knicks' brass will fly to northeast Ohio to woo James at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

While the Hawks hope to keep Johnson in Atlanta, several sources said the Knicks have emerged as his first choice. If they must lose him, the Hawks' preference is to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

But if no players on the Knicks' roster appeal to Atlanta, Johnson, believing he will make up the difference through endorsements and through buying stock shares in Madison Square Garden, is willing to take less money to play with the Knicks, according to sources.

Whatever the case, the Knicks could offer Johnson a maximum-salary contract worth approximately $96 million over five years, or a deal worth $125 million over six years through a sign-and-trade.

Johnson and Stoudemire emerged as star players while playing for D'Antoni in Phoenix, which is a large part of the reason both players are considering New York so strongly.

Johnson averaged double figures (16.7 ppg) for the first time in his career while playing for D'Antoni in the 2003-04 season. That same year, Stoudemire went from being a 13-point scorer to a 20-point scorer in D'Antoni's wide-open system.

While the Knicks' main target is James, the duo of Johnson and Stoudemire would be a nice consolation prize if James goes elsewhere. The team thinks James and Johnson would be a particularly strong tandem, and it believes that Johnson will talk to James about the benefits of joining forces in New York.

James' first meeting will be with the New Jersey Nets on the morning of July 1, followed by the Knicks and several other clubs over the next few days.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostMerenguito, on 27 June 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

ESPN Link

SOURCE: Knicks going after Joe Johnson & Amare

While waiting for their opportunity to sell LeBron James on their team, the New York Knicks will be busy courting other stars that could potentially play with him at Madison Square Garden.

Their first such meeting will be with Joe Johnson, the Atlanta Hawks' All-Star guard, according to league sources.

When the clock strikes midnight ET in New York on July 1, the Knicks will be in Los Angeles meeting with Johnson, who will hold all of his meetings with clubs on the West Coast. After seeing Johnson at 9 p.m. Pacific time, team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni will fly to Phoenix to meet with Amare Stoudemire.

Finally, the Knicks' brass will fly to northeast Ohio to woo James at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

While the Hawks hope to keep Johnson in Atlanta, several sources said the Knicks have emerged as his first choice. If they must lose him, the Hawks' preference is to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.

But if no players on the Knicks' roster appeal to Atlanta, Johnson, believing he will make up the difference through endorsements and through buying stock shares in Madison Square Garden, is willing to take less money to play with the Knicks, according to sources.

Whatever the case, the Knicks could offer Johnson a maximum-salary contract worth approximately $96 million over five years, or a deal worth $125 million over six years through a sign-and-trade.

Johnson and Stoudemire emerged as star players while playing for D'Antoni in Phoenix, which is a large part of the reason both players are considering New York so strongly.

Johnson averaged double figures (16.7 ppg) for the first time in his career while playing for D'Antoni in the 2003-04 season. That same year, Stoudemire went from being a 13-point scorer to a 20-point scorer in D'Antoni's wide-open system.

While the Knicks' main target is James, the duo of Johnson and Stoudemire would be a nice consolation prize if James goes elsewhere. The team thinks James and Johnson would be a particularly strong tandem, and it believes that Johnson will talk to James about the benefits of joining forces in New York.

James' first meeting will be with the New Jersey Nets on the morning of July 1, followed by the Knicks and several other clubs over the next few days.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Make that happen!!! Joe Johnson is my dude!!

And we keep David Lee? that would be ideal.

However this source is BS. I get the feeling it's more hear-say due to the D'Antoni and Amare relations.

LBJ and Joe J would be a nasty tandem. I can't for things to unfold.

Bosh to Miami seems like a good fit for both, that would be insane. I can't see Bosh going to Chicago though.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

I think Bosh is going to follow LBJ, he already said he'll wait to see where LBJ signs before he signs.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

If after all this, the Knicks end up with Amare and Joe J instead of LBJ/Wade/Bosh, it will kill basketball in NYC. KILL IT.

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Whoever is questioning whether LBJ or Wade can coexist with Rose needs to get their head examined. I'm more concerned with Noah coexisting with Bosh.

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

Joe Johnson is a bum.

Amare is good but neither of them will have a point guard giving them the ball.

And yeah, I see Bosh piggy backing anyone (Wade or LBJ) he can. He knows he can't be the guy a team builds around.

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

You cannot win with Amare as your Center. You need your bigs to get stops and turn people away at the rim, Amare does none of that. He's good running the floor but you're basically playing 4 on 5 on the other end. Amare can only thrive in a SOS system.

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 June 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

You cannot win with Amare as your Center. You need your bigs to get stops and turn people away at the rim, Amare does none of that. He's good running the floor but you're basically playing 4 on 5 on the other end. Amare can only thrive in a SOS system.

Agreed. Still wonder about him even in that D'Antoni system, without a good PG running the team.

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 June 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

Agreed. Still wonder about him even in that D'Antoni system, without a good PG running the team.

I think at this point you have to wonder about D'Antoni himself. Was it the system or was it Steve Nash? Also, Donnie Walsh is out of his mind. Chicago traded No. 17 to Washington with Kirk Hinrich in return for the cap space to pursue LeBron and Bosh. Four months ago the Knicks traded Jordan Hill (last year's No. 8 pick), their 2012 No. 1, and agreed to swap No. 1s with Houston in 2011 so the Rockets would take Jared Jeffries off their hands (who makes less money than Hinrich, by the way) so they could also pursue LeBron and Bosh.

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 June 2010 - 05:08 PM, said:

I think at this point you have to wonder about D'Antoni himself. Was it the system or was it Steve Nash? Also, Donnie Walsh is out of his mind. Chicago traded No. 17 to Washington with Kirk Hinrich in return for the cap space to pursue LeBron and Bosh. Four months ago the Knicks traded Jordan Hill (last year's No. 8 pick), their 2012 No. 1, and agreed to swap No. 1s with Houston in 2011 so the Rockets would take Jared Jeffries off their hands (who makes less money than Hinrich, by the way) so they could also pursue LeBron and Bosh.

Let it be known, I still believe in Jordan Hill. Loved him at Arizona.

#20 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 June 2010 - 05:12 PM, said:

Let it be known, I still believe in Jordan Hill. Loved him at Arizona.

I can see him becoming a solid starter. What I'm saying is, take what the Bulls did and contrast it with what the Knicks did and it's painfully clear which is the more competent organization. LBJ doesn't just want a max deal, he wants to be on a team with a FO that can deliver him the supporting cast that Cleveland couldn't. The Knicks are basically all-in this summer but the Bulls, who have just as much cap space have a much better team already in place, plus have all their draft picks. If money isn't an issue, which team you think LBJ is going to rank higher?

My issue with LBJ is that I think he's a got a little bitch in him. He talks a good game and he's wildly talented BUT, these past two years he basically disappeared in the playoffs when it most counted. I think that in the back of his mind, he'd rather almost win in NY than play in MJ's shadow and probably never be half as successful. I'm of course speculating but I just don't see that crazy competitiveness in him that MJ had and that Kobe most likely has. LBJ is more like Shaq. Insanely talented, but he'd rather not wake up at 5 AM to shoot jump shots in July.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users