NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***lebron James Watch Thread*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Today, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***lebron James Watch Thread*** Among other NBA Free Agents

#141 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

View PostSwissle, on 08 July 2010 - 01:47 PM, said:

maybe he goes to Miami...but he's definitely NOT going to play for the NJ Nets.

i dunno if he'd let his ego fit in w. Wade n Bosh though...i still think it's gonna be NYK.

It could be the Knicks for sure. I'm just telling you, to think because MSG fills out every night is all fans is ridic. It's MSG/NYC.

I have always thought hes saying in Cleveland, but who knows. I like the Nets as the outsider, and the Knicks/Heat in there too.

I'd say:

Cleveland- 50%
Chicago-20%
Knicks-10%
Heat-15%
Nets-5%

#142 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Chicago is a sleeper.

#143 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

So you think that the sources that say hes going to the Heat aren't true?
Posted Image

#144 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 July 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

So you think that the sources that say hes going to the Heat aren't true?

I don't really think anyone knows anything for sure. The day before Stephen A came out and reported all 3 to Miami, the NY Post reported an Eastern Conference GM said LeBron to Chicago is a "done deal"

Reggie Miller had some great points this morning. Would LeBron call a big news conference to snub his hometown that he's rumored to love and be so loyal to? Rub their noses in it?

There is valid points for all the teams, really.

#145 User is offline   #73jetsfan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Music Art, and Sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 08 July 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

I don't really think anyone knows anything for sure. The day before Stephen A came out and reported all 3 to Miami, the NY Post reported an Eastern Conference GM said LeBron to Chicago is a "done deal"

Reggie Miller had some great points this morning. Would LeBron call a big news conference to snub his hometown that he's rumored to love and be so loyal to? Rub their noses in it?

Enough already,
the suspense is killing us !
This news conference tonight is a joke !
" Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation, as Limitation" - Bruce Lee

"You must show no mercy nor have any belief
whatsoever in how others judge you ,
For your greatness will silence them all !"
-Warrior

#146 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 08 July 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

And the counterpoint has been made about how calling a news conference to stay exactly where he's been is anticlimactic.

Most aggravating thing for me is the journalists getting more and more passionate without knowing more. They're all hanging their hat on their predictions, and will hold their breaths until it's announced. Then that's going to cue these arrogant dipshits to not be accountable, and write/analyze/complain on their platforms how wrong LeBron's decision was, and how he's better where the predicted.

#147 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

View PostAmen, on 08 July 2010 - 04:08 PM, said:

And the counterpoint has been made about how calling a news conference to stay exactly where he's been is anticlimactic.

Most aggravating thing for me is the journalists getting more and more passionate without knowing more. They're all hanging their hat on their predictions, and will hold their breaths until it's announced. Then that's going to cue these arrogant dipshits to not be accountable, and write/analyze/complain on their platforms how wrong LeBron's decision was, and how he's better where the predicted.

To be fair, and this might be a bad example but someone like Chip Brown made a killing off his reporting about the Pac-10 / Big 12 stuff. He was the first one to break the story a day before it all came to fruition and he really skyrocketed his career with such a story.

I know the predictions really won't be like that for LeBron, but I can understand everyone that can get their story out, writing a prediction. Stephen A is about the only one who didn't give a prediction in hopes of making a name for himself.

#148 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Its official.. this is way overkill. is it really that big of news that he needs a 1hour show to say who he will go to? Talk about an ego
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#149 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 08 July 2010 - 04:27 PM, said:

Its official.. this is way overkill. is it really that big of news that he needs a 1hour show to say who he will go to? Talk about an ego

LeBron is definitely stroking his own ego with this, but atleast the proceeds will go to charity. Probably a solid couple million from the LeBronathon will be going to the Boys and Girls club, but yeah, it's an ego fest.

#150 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

@drewbrees: Just leaving ESPN...and I know where LeBron is going!!! Breaking news...part of the fun is the anticipation

It's pretty impressive that LeBron's crew has kept it hush hush for the most part. Obviously ESPN has known (or knows) where he is going leading into tonight.

#151 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Brees also said this...

Truth on LeBron situation: he either goes to Knicks or Heat - Knicks to be with Stoudamire in a huge market or Wade and Bosh to win #fb
Posted Image

#152 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

On the headline page for Yahoo they have mentioned that he has rented several Cabanas down in South Beach.

Myself i would have like to seen him in chicago Noah , Boozer , lebron what a D just like the JETS. But he
will be a sick addition in Miami with Wade and Bosh.

Looks like Dirck on the Mavs isn't going to get a ring at all now. Lebron with J Kidd passing to him and Dirks outside shot could
have been interesting in Dallas too.

#153 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 July 2010 - 05:02 PM, said:

Brees also said this...

Truth on LeBron situation: he either goes to Knicks or Heat - Knicks to be with Stoudamire in a huge market or Wade and Bosh to win #fb

Haha. I'm sure ESPN fed him some stuff to brew it up. No way they'd let him start spilling beans.

#154 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Its interesting that hes joining a team that he won't be the man on, Miami is Wade's city and team. Hes going to be 2nd to him, I would of thought that the King would of went somewhere that he would win a title and be the man.
Posted Image

#155 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 July 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Its interesting that hes joining a team that he won't be the man on, Miami is Wade's city and team. Hes going to be 2nd to him, I would of thought that the King would of went somewhere that he would win a title and be the man.

He hasn't even picked where he's going yet... If he goes to Chicago, NY or Cavs he's still the man lol

#156 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 08 July 2010 - 05:25 PM, said:

He hasn't even picked where he's going yet... If he goes to Chicago, NY or Cavs he's still the man lol

Yeah I rather see him go to any of those teams over the Heat, I think hes going to the Heat with all the reports saying that he is going there. I'm still hoping that he chooses NY.
Posted Image

#157 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 July 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:

Yeah I rather see him go to any of those teams over the Heat, I think hes going to the Heat with all the reports saying that he is going there. I'm still hoping that he chooses NY.

RicBucher FWIW: disparate opinions among gms, agents, league HQ officials today about where LeBron is going, but consensus on 1 thing: it's not Mia.

Also Mike Miller has been offered a $30M dollar deal from Miami (great move). That means if LBJ does go, they'd all have to take a BIG paycut to work Miller in.

I do not see him going to Miami.

#158 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

RicBucher Reason for skepticism: LBJ wd be 3rd-highest paid, it's Wade's town, brand unquestionably tarnished, still at least a yr away from title.

#159 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

I'm still thinking the Knicks.

I believe the reported concerns LeBron has of being 31 years old with no rings and bad knees staying in Cleveland. If he stays there yeah they'll win 50+ games in the regular season but this team has proven the last two years when they were the favorites going into the playoffs that they can't beat teams like Orlando and Boston in a best of 7 series. He stays in Cleveland yeah he's a hometown/homestate hero but he'll be a ringless one. But when he retires without a ring because he wanted to be an Ohio hero nobody outside of Ohio will care about that. People outside of Ohio will remember he was great but he won no championships. He'll be this generation's Karl Malone. Probably leaving Cleveland in his mid 30s trying to chase a ring with a team that has already won a few without him.

He doesn't owe the city of Cleveland anything. It's not his fault the Browns and Indians haven't won championships in over 40+ years and it's not his fault the Cavs couldn't build a team around him that was good enough to win the championship. They had 7 years to do it.

And Miami I don't think they would have enough money after signing Wade, Bosh, and James to sign the right role players needed to make it work. Three great players and nine scrubs aren't the recipe for a NBA championship.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#160 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Mr Jet is now a Heat fan LOL.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »