NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***lebron James Watch Thread*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Today, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Today, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Today, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Today, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Today, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Today, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***lebron James Watch Thread*** Among other NBA Free Agents

#181 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

The Heat traded Beasley and signed Mike Miller..
Posted Image

#182 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 July 2010 - 10:22 AM, said:

The Heat traded Beasley and signed Mike Miller..

Boss move. That's one of the best moves they've made with all this shit going on.

#183 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Yea they needed Mike Miller. Now they need a PG (unless LBJ becomes Magic like Mr Jet said), they definitely need a quality back up center.

#184 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 July 2010 - 02:53 AM, said:

The NBA is a big joke. Straight up, straight down and any which way you want to slice it. LBJ is writing his legacy and it's spinning down the shitter. MJ did it as a Bull, Kobe a Laker, Bird a Celtic and so on. This guy gives up the booty to play with the heat to get a ring?.. What twice as bad is what happens when they fall short?

If you thought the Jets had pressure. Yikes!

Cavs owner puts LBJ on blast.

You wouldnt be saying that if LeBron was in NY, which was never gunna happen, and thats just sad. stop hating cus you didnt get your way.

LeBron did what he thought would make HIM happy. Its HIS life, not any of yours or any other fans on any other team. Would you waste 6 years of your life just to please fans who would turn on you as quickly as everyone in here and all those people in Cleveland burning jerseys? dont thinks so. Dont think you'll be miserable so people dont dislike you.
Posted Image

#185 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

View PostClemens11, on 09 July 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

You wouldnt be saying that if LeBron was in NY, which was never gunna happen, and thats just sad. stop hating cus you didnt get your way.

LeBron did what he thought would make HIM happy. Its HIS life, not any of yours or any other fans on any other team. Would you waste 6 years of your life just to please fans who would turn on you as quickly as everyone in here and all those people in Cleveland burning jerseys? dont thinks so. Dont think you'll be miserable so people dont dislike you.

Everything Dubb said is the truth. LBJ's legacy will never go down as one of the best. He's never going to be a top 5 player in NBA history.

Don't tell other people to "stop hating because it didn't go their way" you are the one who pronounced yourself as a Cavs fan BECAUSE of LeBron. I'm sure you are a newly found Heat fan as well.

PS: It's really hard to understand some of the things you say with the lack of grammar. I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but if you were to use some real grammar people could understand what you have to say. (Not trying to sound rude, seriously most of the time I have no idea what you are saying)

#186 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 July 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

Everything Dubb said is the truth. LBJ's legacy will never go down as one of the best. He's never going to be a top 5 player in NBA history.

Don't tell other people to "stop hating because it didn't go their way" you are the one who pronounced yourself as a Cavs fan BECAUSE of LeBron. I'm sure you are a newly found Heat fan as well.

PS: It's really hard to understand some of the things you say with the lack of grammar. I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but if you were to use some real grammar people could understand what you have to say. (Not trying to sound rude, seriously most of the time I have no idea what you are saying)

I's gots no problems wit mines grammar. dude its not even close to bad. and Yup yup im a Heat fan now. But I dont hate Cleveland. I dont hate anyone in here. so even though your grammar is apparently better than mine, you still make no sense.

LeBron wanted to win, so he went where he could win and be happy. Not be top 5 in the eyes of people who never played a game in the nba.
Posted Image

#187 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

View PostClemens11, on 09 July 2010 - 02:10 PM, said:

LeBron wanted to win, so he went where he could win and be happy. Not be top 5 in the eyes of people who never played a game in the nba.

the eyes of the people who never played a game in the NBA are called fans...and they pay their salaries, and make the NBA as successful as it is.

Lebron went from "The King" to "The Court-Jester"...he's a joke, and currently the most hated player in the entire NBA.

Also, even Walt Frazier said that Michael Jordan would've never turned down the type of challenge Lebron faced in Cleveland, and straight up called it a COP-OUT!!!

the whole thing was a train-wreck. Lebron just ruined everything he created.

#188 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

The saddest statement ever by a sports owner:

"You weren't even that good, I just told you that to make you feel better. I can do better than you."

The Cavs win a third of their games next season they'll be calling James late at night crying like a little bitch.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#189 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Look at it like this if Larry Bird had been drafted by the Pacers and for 7 years was the hometown hero but had no rings and then had the chance to sign with McHale and Parrish in Boston. Should he have stayed in Indiana and missed out on winning a title with Boston? Do you think he would have stayed with the Pacers?

If the Charlotte Hornets had existed four years earlier and drafted Jordan and after 7 years he had no rings should he have stayed in North Carlina or have signed with a Bulls team with Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and John Paxon and 3-peat?

I think LeBron made the right decision, but he definitely could have gone about announcing it in a much better way. He should have called Dan Gilbert and told him he was leaving before announcing it to the world.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#190 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 July 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

Look at it like this if Larry Bird had been drafted by the Pacers and for 7 years was the hometown hero but had no rings and then had the chance to sign with McHale and Parrish in Boston. Should he have stayed in Indiana and missed out on winning a title with Boston? Do you think he would have stayed with the Pacers?

If the Charlotte Hornets had existed four years earlier and drafted Jordan and after 7 years he had no rings should he have stayed in North Carlina or have signed with a Bulls team with Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and John Paxon and 3-peat?

I think LeBron made the right decision, but he definitely could have gone about announcing it in a much better way. He should have called Dan Gilbert and told him he was leaving before announcing it to the world.

I don't think those are good comparisons to be honest.

The times have changed but LeBron and his team of kids that market him did this thing all wrong. It was horrible. His name, brand and legacy has been ruined, IMO.

#191 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostClemens11, on 09 July 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

Your idiocy is remarkable sometimes clemens.

You think LJB will be there long... no

We will probably be going through this next summer .. more then likely

this is an experiment, so don`t think Lebron can`t go to Jersey, Knicks or Bulls next season or the season after.

As a league the NBA is retarded. Tell me how a player can run the league like this. It shouldn`t happen. It`s pathetic. Honestly, I don`t care about Lebron. I honestly feel there is a realistic idea that Tony Parker and Carmelo Anthony could come to the Knicks. Parker this year and Melo the next.

``Hating cause I didn`t get my way`` .... Only Clemens 11

#192 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

lol all of clemens comments should be removed lol since hes an admitted bandwagonner. seriously dude grow some nuts and have some loyalty. dont just like a team for one player n then when he leaves jump on that teams jock. you sound like my 14 yr old stepson

#193 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 July 2010 - 04:28 PM, said:

I don't think those are good comparisons to be honest.

The times have changed but LeBron and his team of kids that market him did this thing all wrong. It was horrible. His name, brand and legacy has been ruined, IMO.

Magic was ready to leave the Lakers in 1981 because they were losing and he didn't like the way Paul Westhead was coaching the team. Lakers fans were so upset after Magic got Paul Westhead fired they booed him in the Forum. If he would have been drafted by the Pistons and not won a championship with them his first 7 years in the league he also would have left his home state and signed with the Lakers to play with Kareem and James Worthy. And so would have Larry Bird and Michael Jordan. Magic, Larry, and Michael would not have been above leaving their home states to go to a team with better players for a chance to win a championship.

LeBron was not going to win in Cleveland and WE ALL know that. The only people who don't know that are the delusional Cavs fans that are burning $80 jerseys right now. They could beat up on teams like the Wizards, Grizzlies, and Pacers in the regular season yeah. But when it came time to beat teams like Boston and Orlando 4 out of 7 times they could not do it and showed no signs of being able to do it next season either.

People may be hating LeBron now but like in football, winning cures all bad feelings. If LeBron plays like Magic and makes this Heat team look like the Showtime Lakers of the 80s with the no look passes and flashy ally oops that SportsCenter will show highlights of every night. People (outside of Ohio) will end up forgetting all about their new found hate for LeBron. Folks love jumping on a bandwagon.

The sports media and casual NBA fans will always favor and love LeBron and denigrate and hate on Kobe. That's the way it's been since 2004 and one little dust up with Cleveland isn't going to change that. LeBron will always be the hero and Kobe will always be the villain in the eyes of casual fans.

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#194 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 July 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

Magic was ready to leave the Lakers in 1981 because they were losing and he didn't like the way Paul Westhead was coaching the team. Lakers fans were so upset after Magic got Paul Westhead fired they booed him in the Forum. If he would have been drafted by the Pistons and not won a championship with them his first 7 years in the league he also would have left his home state and signed with the Lakers to play with Kareem and James Worthy. And so would have Larry Bird and Michael Jordan. Magic, Larry, and Michael would not have been above leaving their home states to go to a team with better players for a chance to win a championship.

LeBron was not going to win in Cleveland and WE ALL know that. The only people who don't know that are the delusional Cavs fans that are burning $80 jerseys right now. They could beat up on teams like the Wizards, Grizzlies, and Pacers in the regular season yeah. But when it came time to beat teams like Boston and Orlando 4 out of 7 times they could not do it and showed no signs of being able to do it next season either.

People may be hating LeBron now but like in football, winning cures all bad feelings. If LeBron plays like Magic and makes this Heat team look like the Showtime Lakers of the 80s with the no look passes and flashy ally oops that SportsCenter will show highlights of every night. People (outside of Ohio) will end up forgetting all about their new found hate for LeBron. Folks love jumping on a bandwagon.

The sports media and casual NBA fans will always favor and love LeBron and denigrate and hate on Kobe. That's the way it's been since 2004 and one little dust up with Cleveland isn't going to change that. LeBron will always be the hero and Kobe will always be the villain in the eyes of casual fans.

I don't really agree with the fact that you think Magic would of left, etc. You don't know what they would of done. They all definitely wouldn't of handled it the way LeBron did.

It's whatever. LeBron will be hated by some, loved by the other half.

Myself, I think he made a poor decision, it was the easy way out and he's never going to be looked at the same (at the end of his career).

#195 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 July 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

Woah woah woah!!!

I don't know who you think you're talking about, but Jordan MADE the Bulls. Without him, Pippen wouldn't be one of the NBA's 50 Greatest. He wouldn't have been damn near close. Who's to say that Jordan wouldn't have gone and made JR Reid into a an All Star? Or gotten Mugsy to be the leader in steals? Or turned Dell Curry into Robert Horry? You're talking about someone who won with Bill Wennington & Luc Longley. That's like someone playing with Ilgauskas and winning the title.

To be honest with you, I don't think Larry Bird would have left the Pacers. He was too much of a dick to admit that he needs help.

#196 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

Clemens, the best chance for LBJ to win is Chicago, not the Heat. Wade needed to stay with the Heat because this is his last contract (even if he lasts all 6 years, which is a big if). After the Bulls got Boozer for $80 mill, paying what they'll pay Bosh isn't a great deal. Bosh is not a superstar. He's an All Star, but he's not a franchise player. LBJ could have gone to a more complete TEAM rather than join Wade, Bosh and a few minimum salary scrubs.

#197 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 July 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

I don't really agree with the fact that you think Magic would of left, etc. You don't know what they would of done. They all definitely wouldn't of handled it the way LeBron did.

It's whatever. LeBron will be hated by some, loved by the other half.

Myself, I think he made a poor decision, it was the easy way out and he's never going to be looked at the same (at the end of his career).

Magic asked to be traded, that's a fact. If Jerry Buss had chosen Westhead over Magic, Magic would have been traded. Magic, Dr. Buss, and Paul Westhead on many occasions have all admitted that is what happened. It was a lot like the Kobe and Shaq situation in 04. Luckily in both cases Dr. Buss made the right BUSINESS decision. You're are putting Magic, Larry, and Michael on too high of a pedestal.

The easy way out would have been taking the MLE to play point guard for the Lakers and be Kobe's Scottie Pippen.

#198 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 09 July 2010 - 08:40 PM, said:

Magic asked to be traded, that's a fact. If Jerry Buss had chosen Westhead over Magic, Magic would have been traded. Magic, Dr. Buss, and Paul Westhead on many occasions have all admitted that is what happened. It was a lot like the Kobe and Shaq situation in 04. Luckily in both cases Dr. Buss made the right BUSINESS decision. You're are putting Magic, Larry, and Michael on too high of a pedestal.

The easy way out would have been taking the MLE to play point guard for the Lakers and be Kobe's Scottie Pippen.

I'm not putting anyone on a pedestal.

LeBron's decision was absolutely baffling. He's going to be the THIRD highest paid player on his team. He will never have a claim that it's "his" championship.

It doesn't really bother me because the Magic are going to knock them out of the playoffs next season, but I just found LeBron's decision baffling, more how he handled it... but I'd be lying to say I wasn't shocked when he said he was going to the Heat.

I'm over it all though, I can't even watch CNN without LeBron shit coming on.

#199 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 July 2010 - 03:32 PM, said:

Your idiocy is remarkable sometimes clemens.

You think LJB will be there long... no

We will probably be going through this next summer .. more then likely

this is an experiment, so don`t think Lebron can`t go to Jersey, Knicks or Bulls next season or the season after.

As a league the NBA is retarded. Tell me how a player can run the league like this. It shouldn`t happen. It`s pathetic. Honestly, I don`t care about Lebron. I honestly feel there is a realistic idea that Tony Parker and Carmelo Anthony could come to the Knicks. Parker this year and Melo the next.

``Hating cause I didn`t get my way`` .... Only Clemens 11

And yet it has been happening for years, at least on a team-by-team level. How many superstars command unofficial final say in coaching and player acquisitions? For how many years have some of these teams been freeing up cap space, and in some cases making no attempt to win at the time, to try and woo James? The sad thing is that in the end some of these teams seemed to have misjudged what he wanted. His NBA salary is just a fraction of his income and teams like the Knicks and...ugh...Clippers can only offer money that loads of others could, and nothing else. No winning past or future.

The NBA put itself in this position. For how long have these players been hatching a plan to join up? Imagine if this happened in the NFL? What if Rivers, Andre Johnson, Peterson, Mangold, and a few defensive stars all arranged for their contracts to come up at the same time and jumped to a single team? Would never happen, because the NFL owners will never sell themselves out to the players like their NBA counterparts have. The NBA has thrown around all sorts of crazy contracts this year, and now we have three players joining together to manipulate the league and every team willing to dupe themselves into comping James/Wade/Bosh a meal in the hopes some veal and lobster will get them to change teams.

The NBA is pathetic. Someday a first overall draftee is going to holdout for part-ownership from some dumbass team, and get it.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#200 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Alright now I'm faced with a moral dilemma. Suppose Gasol takes the Lakers to the Finals for a 3rd straight year. Suppose the Heat make it to the Finals. Who do I root for? The dude that just took an hour long shit on his homestate to play with his 2 buddies or Kobe? I'm kinda scared that as much as I hate Kobe, I respect the fact that was only 17 when he fucked over his home state.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users