NYJetsFan.com Forums: ***lebron James Watch Thread*** - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***lebron James Watch Thread*** Among other NBA Free Agents

#201 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

I've figured out the moral of the story: Stay in school.

Wade: 3 years at Marquette
Bosh: 1 year at Georgia Tech
The kid from Akron: no college

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.

#202 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

Felton to the Knicks and Korver to the Bulls. I like both of those.

#203 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 July 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'm not putting anyone on a pedestal.

LeBron's decision was absolutely baffling. He's going to be the THIRD highest paid player on his team. He will never have a claim that it's "his" championship.

It doesn't really bother me because the Magic are going to knock them out of the playoffs next season, but I just found LeBron's decision baffling, more how he handled it... but I'd be lying to say I wasn't shocked when he said he was going to the Heat.

I'm over it all though, I can't even watch CNN without LeBron shit coming on.

I don't think 6 years after LeBron retires and he goes into the Hall of Fame people are going to be saying "he was the third highest paid player on his team. Who the hell remembers how much Kareem's contract was for and how much Magic's contract was for?

If they win a championship together with the Heat Wade's ring is not going to be bigger than LeBron's ring. Wade's ring isn't going to have more diamonds on it or have more karats of gold in it. They are all going to get the same ring. The ring Kobe Bryant has for 2009 is the same one DJ Mbanga has and it will be the same for 2010. One player doesn't get a bigger more special ring than the other players do. The players names don't go on the championship banners the team name does.

And maybe LeBron was never meant to be a team's leading scorer. I believe that is something he is not suited to be. He is suited to be a facilitator and make average players play like good players and good players play like great players.

I do agree though that he should have handled the whole situation better. He should have told Dan Gilbert he was leaving. That was very cold and careless. BUT like Mark Jackson said many times owners and GMs trade players and don't call them to tell them they've been traded. So I can't feel that bad for Dan Gilbert.

In regards of CNN they might as well change their name to Celebrity News Network. The only news they and all the other cable news channels can honestly report is what Sarah Palin's farts smelled like today.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#204 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 10 July 2010 - 01:23 AM, said:

I don't think 6 years after LeBron retires and he goes into the Hall of Fame people are going to be saying "he was the third highest paid player on his team. Who the hell remembers how much Kareem's contract was for and how much Magic's contract was for?

If they win a championship together with the Heat Wade's ring is not going to be bigger than LeBron's ring. Wade's ring isn't going to have more diamonds on it or have more karats of gold in it. They are all going to get the same ring. The ring Kobe Bryant has for 2009 is the same one DJ Mbanga has and it will be the same for 2010. One player doesn't get a bigger more special ring than the other players do. The players names don't go on the championship banners the team name does.

And maybe LeBron was never meant to be a team's leading scorer. I believe that is something he is not suited to be. He is suited to be a facilitator and make average players play like good players and good players play like great players.

I do agree though that he should have handled the whole situation better. He should have told Dan Gilbert he was leaving. That was very cold and careless. BUT like Mark Jackson said many times owners and GMs trade players and don't call them to tell them they've been traded. So I can't feel that bad for Dan Gilbert.

In regards of CNN they might as well change their name to Celebrity News Network. The only news they and all the other cable news channels can honestly report is what Sarah Palin's farts smelled like today.

Eh. I'm done going on and on about LeBron, we have different opinions on him. He isn't the King anymore. (although I am surprised that Wade was the one who took the lesser deal, but they all signed 100M+, not sure how it's all going to work out).

The Bulls signed Reddick to an offer sheet, I hope the Magic match it.

#205 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 July 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

I've figured out the moral of the story: Stay in school.

Wade: 3 years at Marquette
Bosh: 1 year at Georgia Tech
The kid from Akron: no college

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.

Wade - 6 yrs 107 Mill

Bosh & LeBron - 6 yrs 110 Mill

Not quite sir...
Posted Image

#206 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

LeBron James Decision in a Analogy in a Nutshell (Credit goes to Bill Simmons of ESPN)

Posted Image

#207 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

View PostMerenguito, on 10 July 2010 - 04:11 PM, said:

Wade - 6 yrs 107 Mill

Bosh & LeBron - 6 yrs 110 Mill

Not quite sir...

To be fair, all the reports leading into this was that LeBron was going to have to take less money then the rest. Instead they did a S+T

By the way Dubb, in all the contracts they have a 4 year void in them if they choose, and the 6th year is an option.

#208 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

View PostMerenguito, on 10 July 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

LeBron James Decision in a Analogy in a Nutshell (Credit goes to Bill Simmons of ESPN)

That's a great analogy. The NWO eventually, to my mind, killed pro wrestling and turned it into the awful product it is today. The hijacking of the NBA by three of it's biggest stars is an apt parallel..

Oh, and Gilbert talks trash like a ring manager.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#209 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 10 July 2010 - 08:01 PM, said:

That's a great analogy. The NWO eventually, to my mind, killed pro wrestling and turned it into the awful product it is today. The hijacking of the NBA by three of it's biggest stars is an apt parallel..

The AOL and Time Warner merger is what killed WCW and created the McMahon's monopoly. Nitro was still TNT's highest rated show in early 2001 but Time Warner wanted to get out of the rasslin' business and turn TNT into an all drama station. Vince McMahon's monopoly over the industry as a result is what killed pro wrestling.

Bosh, Wade, and LeBron did not hijack the NBA. It wasn't any of them that made the trades and designed the contracts for other players that created the Heat's cap space. None of them negotiated the collective bargaining agreement to favor just the three of them. The only ones to blame for this is Pat Riley and the numerous corporate sponsored All-American high school basketball camps and games.

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#210 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 10 July 2010 - 08:01 PM, said:

The AOL and Time Warner merger is what killed WCW and created the McMahon's monopoly. Nitro was still TNT's highest rated show in early 2001 but Time Warner wanted to get out of the rasslin' business and turn TNT into an all drama station. Vince McMahon's monopoly over the industry as a result is what killed pro wrestling.

Bosh, Wade, and LeBron did not hijack the NBA. It wasn't any of them that made the trades and designed the contracts for other players that created the Heat's cap space. None of them negotiated the collective bargaining agreement to favor just the three of them. The only ones to blame for this is Pat Riley and the numerous corporate sponsored All-American high school basketball camps and games.

#211 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

LOL

Decision Parody
Posted Image

#212 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

4 Life!!!

Posted Image

#213 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#214 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#215 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

Posted Image

#216 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Posted Image

#217 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Fisher resigned with the Lakers. He knew Miami are just pretenders.

Posted Image

Posted Image

3-PEAT

#218 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

This is HILARIOUS!

Posted Image

#219 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Are you really comparing sports to an athletically themed soap opera?
Posted Image

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users