NYJetsFan.com Forums: >>>>>>>> Darrelle Revis Discussion <<<<<<<< - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 November 2014 - 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Resize Shouts Area

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

>>>>>>>> Darrelle Revis Discussion <<<<<<<<

#1 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

Should have some interesting answers. Me i think it goes all the way back to the dinosaur Al Davis. If he had just passed away 2 years ago then this whole thing would be different.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Luigidel Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Fighting The Marxist Takeover Of America, Computers, NY Jets

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

Trade His Ass
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   bigrob142 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:football, all sports and girls<br />love the jets, nets, yanks, and devils!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

Honestly, I put it on the NFL itself. I really beleive if we had a new CBA in place for the upcoming season, this contract would already be taken care of.

#4 User is offline   Luigidel Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

Lets See What We Think On This Forum
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

It's a lot of factors.

If not for the CBA there wouldn't be so many players looking for new contracts, maybe Revis wouldn't even be worried about it. With the praise he received last season (and I'm putting it lightly with a word like praise, he got his ass licked from all sides) and with a looming deal that could limit his ability to get a better contract, the time is ripe for him to play hardball.

This isn't going to hurt Revis. We can be bitter and whatever else, but we'll all forgive him if he gets a new contract and if he goes somewhere else those fans won't care that he held out on us. Revis, long term, is in a good spot.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#6 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Can't really blame Al Davis/Aso deal. He just so happened to be the highest paid corner. The deal they would be looking at getting more than would be whoever is highest paid. Would it make negotiations easier with a lower figure? Absolutely. But, it still wouldn't matter much because isn't the main problem with Revis' camp the guaranteed money?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

I wounder what loop hole they will pull out of the hat. when they pay him top money.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

I'm leaning more towards option A. The reality is EVERYONE and their momma has told Revis he's the best. He wants to get paid like the best. Nnamdi got paid 15. Revis wants 15.1. Find a way, get it done.

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

Al Davis.

Revis wants to be paid like the best and Al Davis destroyed the market for DB's by 3M more a year. That is just asinine. Al Davis is definitely a huge culprit in all of this.

#10 User is offline   Luigidel Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:10 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='02 August 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1280735404' post='306799']
I'm leaning more towards option A. The reality is EVERYONE and their momma has told Revis he's the best. He wants to get paid like the best. Nnamdi got paid 15. Revis wants 15.1. Find a way, get it done.

[/quote]

Since I heard he is a holdout Ive been saying Trade His Ass, Ive come down a notch to Stand Firm. This is not a good precedent to set. First it was Chris Johnson In Tennessee, now revis. Will it be the new trend in sports for athletes who are under contract to holdout for more money like this?
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

To a Billionaire 15 mil is like 150 bucks so it won't be a trend.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Somewhere in the middle, but the Jets need to offer him fully guaranteed money if they want him to sign. Hes not going to take a Brick type deal where he isn't guaranteed money. I would not give him $16 mil a year, but IDK if that is what Revis is holding out for, I think its all about the guaranteed money.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

I'm not a fan of all this contract BS that's been going on. I've always felt that if you negotiate a contract, you honor it to the end. I know Revis has played at a level that would bring in more money had he been a FA, but he's got 3 years left on his current deal. Everyone says this is a business, but the owners are getting screwed pretty bad on this. You sign a guy like Gholston, pay him top dollar and get basically NOTHING in return. Cant get your money back, its just too bad because the contract says so. Then you sign a guy like Revis, which appears to be a steal for getting a great player at a good price (yes, maybe this years BASE salary is low, but the total value of the deal was pretty big), and he holds out mid contract. Then on top of this you have guys like Haynesworth that gets paid a RIDICULOUS amount of money, takes it to the bank and then STILL holds out because he doesn't like the scheme. Players have basically screwed themselves here. They've shown that regardless of what you give them, they'll ultimately never be satisfied, and giving them the world doesn't guarantee you get anything back. I don't blame the Jets for not getting Revis signed yet. I'm POSITIVE they gave him offers that were more incentive-laden than his current deal, but its just not his "dream-scenario" so he's rejecting everything. I'm seriously starting to lose respect for Revis, because he's turning out to be just another one of the greedy clowns.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

revis is to blame. he is acting liek an ass. he has 2 years on his deal left and he wants more money then a guy who got a crazy high 3 year deal form one of the worst teams in the past 20 years.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

trade him for a CB and a 1st round pick and be done with it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Give him 35 mil guaranteed for the last 2 yrs than negotiate a new contract after the 2 yrs are expired . thats 17.5 /yr . than signed him for 6 yrs at 7 mil /yr.

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Trading Revis would be stupid, you won't find a CB of his skills. Lets go into the season with SB expectations with Cromartie and Wilson as the starting CBs, yay.... No, Revis is a core player and they need to get something done.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

[quote name='Goodfellaz' date='02 August 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1280759169' post='306812']
I'm not a fan of all this contract BS that's been going on. I've always felt that if you negotiate a contract, you honor it to the end. I know Revis has played at a level that would bring in more money had he been a FA, but he's got 3 years left on his current deal. Everyone says this is a business, but the owners are getting screwed pretty bad on this. You sign a guy like Gholston, pay him top dollar and get basically NOTHING in return. Cant get your money back, its just too bad because the contract says so. Then you sign a guy like Revis, which appears to be a steal for getting a great player at a good price (yes, maybe this years BASE salary is low, but the total value of the deal was pretty big), and he holds out mid contract. Then on top of this you have guys like Haynesworth that gets paid a RIDICULOUS amount of money, takes it to the bank and then STILL holds out because he doesn't like the scheme. Players have basically screwed themselves here. They've shown that regardless of what you give them, they'll ultimately never be satisfied, and giving them the world doesn't guarantee you get anything back. I don't blame the Jets for not getting Revis signed yet. I'm POSITIVE they gave him offers that were more incentive-laden than his current deal, but its just not his "dream-scenario" so he's rejecting everything. I'm seriously starting to lose respect for Revis, because he's turning out to be just another one of the greedy clowns.
[/quote]

"Really well said "but the track record for both owners and players are pretty sad .who writes these rules and why and who has the upper hand and all the leverage ? answer these question and than you can begin to understand that we fans are being played.

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

I think Option A would be viable had Revis had any leverage, which he doesn't. He's under contract for 3 years so to succumb to his demands for Tanny would be dumb. The Jets in this situation literally hold all the cards. On top of that, giving a MAX deal the year before a new CBA is struck is equivalent to cap suicide and has the potential to cripple our franchise for half a decade. Tanny wouldn't do that either. I really think the Jets are prepared to let this drag out (I posted the day of the draft that Wilson was insurance in case Revis got crazy) but they are hoping that it's Option B.

I doubt the Jets are thinking about trades right now. Revis is worth at least 2 #1s and a #2 but 1st round picks are going to be even more overvalued going further since now there's a rookie pay scale and teams have a lot less $$$ at risk. Getting .50 on the $1 for him won't prove anything. I say stand pat, he needs the money and he loves football, he'll come back to the negotiating table with hat in hand.

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

[quote name='Goodfellaz' date='02 August 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1280759169' post='306812']
[/quote]

i got to agree its a really well written post. i think that is players can hold out, then teams should be able to renig on a contract and take back money for players not performing well
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users