NYJetsFan.com Forums: >>>>>>>> Darrelle Revis Discussion <<<<<<<< - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Resize Shouts Area

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

>>>>>>>> Darrelle Revis Discussion <<<<<<<<

#301 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

[quote]Time for Ryan to bring Revis back home to Jets
Jets Blog

Last Updated: 9:09 AM, August 27, 2010

Posted: 2:58 AM, August 27, 2010
Comments: 3
| More Print [Follow Us on Twitter]
headshotSteve Serby

Rex Ryan showed up at Bart Scott's doorstep one minute after midnight to recruit him to the Jets two years ago.

Because desperate times call for desperate measures, Ryan should find out where Darrelle Revis is hiding and show up on his doorstep -- maybe with Scott and Kris Jenkins in tow -- and implore him to join the Super Bowl party he plans on throwing this season.

Wherever Revis is, we know he isn't in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. But if a 40-year-old gunslinger armed with a fear of failure can be wooed back to his field of dreams by three teammates (not to mention the prospect of becoming a $20 Million Man), maybe a wondrous 25-year-old cornerback who isn't being shown the guaranteed money can be convinced to escape from Revis Island, finally, and follow his Pied Piper head coach back to where he belongs.

Except for his farfetched suggestion two weeks ago that Revis and his agents and owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum conduct a negotiation in front of the entire team, Ryan has been reluctant to get involved. But Ryan, more than anyone, should be the front man now. The one hope . . . the only hope . . . the Rexorcist.

Remember, In Rex They Trust.

Johnson and Tannenbaum brought in Antonio Cromartie, whose entire family was discarded by the Chargers, and Santonio Holmes, who was exiled by the Steelers for a pair of Ryan's Chuck Taylors, and LaDainian Tomlinson, bless his 31-year-old heart and legs, and Jason Taylor, who used to hate the Jets as much as Tom Brady does now. You get the feeling that if Charles Manson were a free agent cornerback, they would sign him too, and trust Ryan to get Manson to Play Like A Jet and run through a brick wall for him.

The Jets have a preseason game tonight against the Redskins and Revis won't be playing. Their regular season opener is 17 days away.

It is time for a Hail Rexy.

If Revis is in the area, Ryan can drive over early today, or tomorrow. Otherwise, Johnson should put him on a plane first thing tomorrow morning. The coordinators can handle the film review.

The mere gesture would speak louder than any words other than: "Darrelle, Mr. Johnson has decided to give you more guaranteed money than you'll know what to do with." It would ring true with players who do not understand why the organization has not been willing to put enough of its guaranteed money where its mouth has been.

But what would Ryan say to Revis?

He can start by telling him that he needs him as the crown jewel of a defense that has a chance to go down in history. That no matter what he has uttered for public consumption, he doesn't want to start rookie Kyle Wilson as Cromartie's bookend. And yet, remind him in the next breath that the season isn't about to be cancelled if Revis doesn't show up, that he will be chasing that elusive Super Bowl with blunt force trauma no matter who or what dares to stand in his way.

(Pass those bad boy cheese and crackers please, Darrelle).

He can tell him that Mark Sanchez has grown into a battlefield commander.

He can tell him that while he admires a man of principle, it would be something short of a tragedy were Revis to sit out the season and never be the same player again. And who knows, maybe never play for him and the Jets again.

He can tell him that he belongs in Florham Park, with his teammates, playing in the New Jets Stadium, for championship-starved fans who would rather worship him than paint him as greedy and selfish, who all turn into Fireman Ed whenever Randy Moss finds No. 24 in his jockstrap, on the biggest stage that the biggest stars crave.

He can tell him that every man has to do what he feels is in his best interests. But in the next breath remind him that D'Brickashaw Ferguson and, now, Nick Mangold are in the fold, Jets For Life, willing to take the risk that Revis has been unwilling to take without fully guaranteed insurance.

He should bring Revis' 24 jersey with him, all tidy and ironed, and ask him to put it on to see if it still fits.

Ryan peered into an empty Cortland dormitory room on the first Hard Knocks episode and said softly: "Come on, Revis. Come on home. Let's go."

Now he should tell him that face to face, man to man, coach to player.

A Hail Rexy is worth a shot.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/rex_tra_effort_fytKiXmR6VV5KYA4sA9nzL#ixzz0xozluHwC
[/quote]
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#302 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Wishful Thinking .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#303 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='27 August 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1282921217' post='308629']
the difference is you just repeated what the talking heads say so I guess you like to sniff theirs while on the other had Ive said over a decade ago and i don't watch talking heads. its my own truth which now most of you young fans have come to realize. But aside of that I was just pointing out that many times we are on the same page, its just you like to argue.
[/quote]

It's not your "own truth" because it's been said for over a decade. It's been said by many people since the 1980s when more and more players in the major American sports leagues started getting million dollar contracts. It's nothing [i]you[/i] came up with. Hell it's been said on this board many times before.

It doesn't take some conspiracy theory nut to figure out billionaires own the teams and millionaires play the games on those teams.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#304 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

You are Right! before you were born feel better now punk. haha.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#305 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

[quote name='Swissle' date='27 August 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1282864715' post='308614']
There was an interview w. Jason Taylor on SNY having a 'keep it real' session.

His comments on the Revis situation was, he's a proven vet, and while practice is important, there are guys that can afford to miss practice, and there are guys that arent. Revis is a guy that could afford to miss some practice and some meaningless preseason games.

He wasn't saying that it's a positive thing, but merely that Revis missing a bit of time won't be the biggest of deals. If anything, it's given the young guys the mindset of being a starter and playing valuable minutes.
[/quote]

Didn't Michael Strahan avoid training camp like the plague during his playing days (or at least the latter years)? I suspect it won't take long for Revis to get back up to full speed once he reports, when that is though who knows.

In regards to Cowlishaw, it looks as though he's trying very hard to save face. If Revis isn't signed by Saturday he's going to have some explaining to do.

#306 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='27 August 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1282946453' post='308641']
You are Right! before you were born feel better now punk. haha.
[/quote]

LOL Once again proving age and wisdom are not synonymous.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#307 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

typo wisdom is something acquired not inherent . tell you what I will be on long Island in Nov i would like to spell it out for you. I impart wisdom to you on my link but you are such a pig head you won't get half of the wisdom , because you are a fool. check out my link on leaving Babylon . here you will be baffled because you have no wisdom just a smartass with everything to loose.

#308 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='27 August 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1282956521' post='308647']
typo wisdom is something acquired not inherent . tell you what I will be on long Island in Nov i would like to spell it out for you. I impart wisdom to you on my link but you are such a pig head you won't get half of the wisdom , because you are a fool. check out my link on leaving Babylon . here you will be baffled because you have no wisdom just a smartass with everything to loose.
[/quote]

Baffling.

#309 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yes he argues over a matter which he was not a member of in 1999 or 2000 when we talked about the fact about billions vs millions concerning players and owners.he is a young and dumb arrogant boy at best.

#310 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='27 August 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1282957219' post='308649']
Yes he argues over a matter which he was not a member of in 1999 or 2000 when we talked about the fact about billions vs millions concerning players and owners.he is a young and dumb arrogant boy at best.
[/quote]

What does this have to do with the Darrelle Revis discussion? Dubb is gonna have a brain aneurysm if he has to manage this thread any more than he already has....
Posted Image

#311 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:03 PM

yea this topic has gone stupid. i like to come on here for jets info not a pissing contest. who cares about millions vs billions? seriously? what a waste of space

#312 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Just keep in mind that the millionaires playing the game dont have to put lout their money for new stadiums, etc. The billionaires do.

Either way the millionaires dont need to be ridiculous type millionaires like MEvis is being. He will not be ready for week 1 in my opinion. He's got ability but he's not in game shape.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#313 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

the fact that he wasn't dressed for this game vs. the Skins is a bit troubling.

i agree that he won't be in game shape when he gets back. it's evident, really. hopefully he gets signed before the last preseason game we have, just to get the reps in.

#314 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='27 August 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1282956521' post='308647']
[/quote]

Man you really need to stop stalking me just because you got some hurt feelings over a bunch of bullshit I said in another thread that you didn't want to hear/read. Get over it and stop hijacking threads just so you can throw your tired nonsense at me.

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='28 August 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1282968232' post='308656']
Just keep in mind that the millionaires playing the game dont have to put lout their money for new stadiums, etc. The billionaires do.

Either way the millionaires dont need to be ridiculous type millionaires like MEvis is being. He will not be ready for week 1 in my opinion. He's got ability but he's not in game shape.
[/quote]

Taxpayers are usually the ones that fund new stadiums (like Lucas Oil Stadium). So in a way the players do pay for the stadiums since they pay taxes and being millionaires they pay higher taxes than most people. Plus I don't think Woody Johnson and the Mara family are hurting in the wallet even after paying over a billion dollars for a new stadium. Unlike Revis, if the football thing doesn't work out for Woody Johnson he always has the Johnson & Johnson fortune and his investment firm there to fall back on.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#315 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

Man you really need to stop stalking me just because you got some hurt feelings over a bunch of bullshit I said in another thread that you didn't want to hear/read. Get over it and stop hijacking threads just so you can throw your tired nonsense at me.Mr.Jet Quote .

Stalking & Hijack empty words but your statement pretty much sums you up for me. you talk bullshit and I talk nonsense . Ha I posted that thread on tax payers too on this site 3 or 4 yrs ago.

#316 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='28 August 2010 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1283000507' post='308661']
Stalking & Hijack empty words but your statement pretty much sums you up for me. you talk bullshit and I talk nonsense . Ha I posted that thread on tax payers too on this site 3 or 4 yrs ago.
[/quote]

You sound like Gary Busey on Entourage with the random posts you make. This becomes more of a life coaching discussion than Darrelle Revis discussion.....can we keep it relevant to the thread and keep the other stuff to the "Off-Topic Thread" that is all your own?
Posted Image

#317 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

[quote name='Goodfellaz' date='28 August 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1283002519' post='308662']
You sound like Gary Busey on Entourage with the random posts you make. This becomes more of a life coaching discussion than Darrelle Revis discussion.....can we keep it relevant to the thread and keep the other stuff to the "Off-Topic Thread" that is all your own?
[/quote]

thank you my thoughts exactly. this thread has turned into complete nonsense. so back to the topic has anyone heard anything
about revis? I thought i heard wednesday or saturday

#318 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='28 August 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1282968232' post='308656']

[/quote]

Saying that though, do the billionaires really need to pump in huge amounts of money into building extravagant stadiums. While the New Meadowlands Stadium and Cowboys Stadium are very impressive from the pictures I've seen on them, do they really need to have features such as the biggest overhead videoboard (in the case of the latter)? Fans go to watch a game, not to watch a humungous screen.

#319 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

[quote name='Smedsthejet' date='29 August 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1283092611' post='308698']
Saying that though, do the billionaires really need to pump in huge amounts of money into building extravagant stadiums. While the New Meadowlands Stadium and Cowboys Stadium are very impressive from the pictures I've seen on them, do they really need to have features such as the biggest overhead videoboard (in the case of the latter)? Fans go to watch a game, not to watch a humungous screen.
[/quote]

Sponsors, sponsors, sponsors.

The big screen brings in so many more, and they can please so many more.

#320 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

I see how this most important Revis thread had turned into the Stadium financing , please can we get back to this main subject about Revis and not the nonsense you boys like to ramble on about. what no one is talking about Revis because there is no news . a bunch of Piss and Vinegar .

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users