NYJetsFan.com Forums: Exhibit A: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exhibit A: A Moron

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Face palm...this would be dumb coming from any fan about any team. Amazes me how blind people can be...

http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/8/19/1630911/a-patriots-fans-review-of-jets

If you're in anyway feeling a little bit worried about the New York Jets I highly recommend you check out the epic second episode that culminates in Rex Ryan calling out his second team defense. It will put your nerves to rest.

The Jets new image has been carefully crafted by Rex Ryan from the start to be the big scary bully who's gonna beat you down and laugh while he's doing it. The entire NFL universe has collectively fallen for it. Pundits are picking them to win the AFC and even the Super Bowl, but as we get a better look inside the inner workings of this football franchise you see the cracks in their projected image.

I was left after this episode thinking I will be surprised if they beat the Patriots once this year. And I don't think either game will be close.

Episode one was just a small glimpse, my review of episode two after the jump...

Yesterday you heard Tom Brady talk about why he's so intense on every snap of practice. Tonight we saw Mark Sanchez talk about how much he loves orange candies, or get annoyed for having to pay an extra 59 cents for ranch sauce with his pizza, or most telling, act like a guilty fifth grader every time he gets constructive criticism.

And it's not just Sanchez, who seems like your average immature football dick, it's the whole team who leaves you feeling like this whole big mystery that is the 2010 New York Jets really could be combustible.

As my Patriots Princess said "it's like the whole team is just f'ing around," as she watched Kris Jenkins laughing his ass off as he drove by slo-mo in a golf cart.

And it wasn't just the day their punter had a hundred Shake Weights arrive at camp. Let me tell you, there's nothing more entertaining than watching LT2 look like he's giving himself a pearl necklace, front and back.

The show opened with the sentiment that practices have not been going well. Sanchez has struggled. Marty Schottenheimer called him sloppy. Even more telling was Marty's quote about second year quarterbacks.

"If you can get them back to the same level, you made progress".

Sanchez clearly wanted to get working on matching those 20 interceptions of 2009 by throwing one with his first pass of the preseason. Luckily Mark Brunell was there to remind him the games don't count yet.

Someone else whose head is spinning is Joe McKnight's. Joe is lost in a sea of confusion and it doesn't look like he's ever going to find shore. What is it with USC guys not being able to take criticism? Oh right, Pete Carroll.

Santonio Holmes implored Joe to ask the veterans for help, a good move by a Super Bowl winner who was acting like a one of the few real leaders there. But as the game results would confirm, McKnight is struggling. If Shonn Greene goes down for any length of time this team's "vaunted" running attack will be in trouble.

While Kyle Wilson is looking solid, Antonio Cromartie is having trouble just keeping track of his eight kids, five of whom are three. 2007 wasn't just a good year on the field for Al-Cro-traz.

The Jets coaches are begging Cromartie to play with an edge more consistently. But what can you do, some guys are just too scared to go down a water slide (finally his "wife" pushed him down it).

In Vernon Gholston news, the coaching staff decided to orchestrate a fight to try and bring the animal out in Big Vern. It was marginally succesful. Despite Rex Ryan's proclamations it looks like Gholston is still just barely making progress. I should point out that he took a voluntary contract reduction this year, which you have to respect. Unfortunately for Vern he might really need that money in about six months.

Everyone continues to call John Conner "The Terminator", which I've kind of accepted because you know at some point in the butchering of that once proud franchise they'll have one where John Conner actually is a Terminator. Whatever you call him he looks like a load, and I look forward to seeing Brandon Spikes and Jerod Mayo take him on.

Overall it's hard not to feel that no matter how much of it is editing, the loosie goosie moments that are happening at Jets camp are not happening anywhere near Patriots camp. To my biased eyes the Patriots look like a team of men, locked in on football. The Jets look caught up in their own hype. And someone better tell Rex if he doesn't stop jamming the handfuls of M&Ms down his gullet his lapband's going to need a lapband.

I already can't wait for episode three, my predicted "Return of Revis" episode. We'll see..
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

[quote name='HurricaneJet32' date='20 August 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1282331547' post='308244']
I already can't wait for episode three, my predicted "Return of Revis" episode. We'll see..
[/quote]

Well...I'll take that episode.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

lol yeah they are just all joking around and not being serious, even though from a unbiased source who visited camp said that the Jets had one of the most physical camps out of any team in the league. He was amazed how Rex has his guys hitting like they do in camp while other teams don't. It was some article I read on NFL.com.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

All I know is that this guy is basing his opinion on what the Jets and HBO allowed him to see. What I mean by that is that at the end of the day Hard Knocks is a TV show and it would not be entertaining if all it showed was positive moments. Also, EVERY team has ups and downs and questions about their team during preseason. If he seriously thinks that the Patriots all show up to training camp and all they do is act like a bunch of cyborgs, then he REALLY needs to learn about football because he is sounding like such a homer with this article.

Im sure he has no questions about his QB who is not happy with his contract....or their most important receiver coming back from a torn ACL, or better yet their running back battle that is going on between Fred Taylor and Lawrence Maroney...yeah not exactly a pair of fantasy backs there lol
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

While this is clearly a biased piece and makes no mistakes about that, he does make a good point about Shone Green. If he goes down for any length of time LT and MckNight are not really capable of stepping into his role. That will be a really hard injury to overcome. Clearly LT steps in, but LT is way more of an option back and a safety net than a pure runner on this team.

But yeah all the Jets do is joke around. Sure, whatever, keep telling yourself that. Oh and Conner? He acts like the Jets gave him that nickname. And to call him "a load"? Really? Based on what? A few cut seconds of footage. I'm also capable of making a scouting report on 2 seconds of any player from a field view camera on a TV show on HBO.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

With Sanchez making strides perhaps we won't have to run it 600+ times. Meaning less wear and tear on Shonn.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

what was the worst article ever. is this a real write? i've never seen a wrtier outright call someone a dick?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan115' date='20 August 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1282337270' post='308251']
what was the worst article ever. is this a real write? i've never seen a wrtier outright call someone a dick?
[/quote]

This article was really a very poorly written piece of trash. There's no doubt that the Patsies fans want to bash the Jets because they know that we're coming right at them. You don't see the players up there such as Tom Brady being dumb enough to utter such words. They know that they are no longer the pre-determined Kings of the AFC East.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

Eh, whatever. It's just another biased bash article. Also, it's Hard Knocks. Like said above, they aren't going to show just practices and be boring with it. It is for entertainment, not study.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

The Jets are singlehandedly raising the NFL's ratings lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1