NYJetsFan.com Forums: Studs And Duds... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studs And Duds...

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:06 AM

Studs:

Nick Folk
Cummings
LT
Special teams
Gholston
Leonhard
Lowery
Laury
Defense... even though we didn't do shit and looked confused on some plays, giving up 3 points is crazy

Duds:
Everyone on offense
Schotty... wtf... did we have a game plan or did he have another one of his brain farts?

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Studs

Kenwin Cummings is a Rex guy. He loves the game.

Marquis Cole played a fantastic game. He was shutdown tonight

The DL in general had a good game.

Drew Coleman has to get some love. He came up with the save in the 4th.

Duds

Didn't see the first Q however Mark Brunell sh*t the bed. Did he even complete a pass?

O FFENSE 1st,2nd and 3rd teams were straight butt.

If anyone looked decent on defense is was Clemens and Chancey Washington

#3 User is offline   cat50 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

having watched the game this one's easy...

Studs - D ...especialy the 2nd team and Folk, special teams

Duds - O !

Cummings was indeed a beast...superb job by Wilson, Lowery and all the DBs

#4 User is online   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='22 August 2010 - 04:08 AM' timestamp='1282464523' post='308340']
Studs

Kenwin Cummings is a Rex guy. He loves the game.

Marquis Cole played a fantastic game. He was shutdown tonight

The DL in general had a good game.

Drew Coleman has to get some love. He came up with the save in the 4th.

Duds

Didn't see the first Q however Mark Brunell sh*t the bed. Did he even complete a pass?

O FFENSE 1st,2nd and 3rd teams were straight butt.

If anyone looked decent on defense is was Clemens and Chancey Washington
[/quote]
WTF? I didn't have the game where I live but followed the gamecast and box score all game. How in the world do you keep going 3 and out, punting, recovering the muffed punt, and not even sniffing the endzone? I think that prior to Clemens, we were averaging negative yardage per pass attempt??? Not only that but take away LT's 20 yard run, we were averaging 1 yard per carry. Steve weatherford must have a sore leg this morning. I don't think trading Kellen Clemens is a good idea right now. Sanchez would be it and if he were to miss 2-4 games, we are fuxxxd! Brunell either is finished or not ready yet. My God, he was a 2nd or 3rd year starter when we played the Jags in the 1998 playoffs! Is there anyone who saw the game that has anything at all to explain such a lousy showing, please enlighten me.

#5 User is offline   cat50 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

[quote name='jetfan4life12' date='22 August 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1282484199' post='308344']
WTF? I didn't have the game where I live but followed the gamecast and box score all game. How in the world do you keep going 3 and out, punting, recovering the muffed punt, and not even sniffing the endzone? I think that prior to Clemens, we were averaging negative yardage per pass attempt??? Not only that but take away LT's 20 yard run, we were averaging 1 yard per carry. Steve weatherford must have a sore leg this morning. I don't think trading Kellen Clemens is a good idea right now. Sanchez would be it and if he were to miss 2-4 games, we are fuxxxd! Brunell either is finished or not ready yet. My God, he was a 2nd or 3rd year starter when we played the Jags in the 1998 playoffs! Is there anyone who saw the game that has anything at all to explain such a lousy showing, please enlighten me.
[/quote]

JF...pass protection was poor, play calling very predictable and Sanchez and Brunell were both rusty with the passes..we did pull our starters after the first quarter and they kept their first team D first half..we just were really off key

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I'm hoping that this gets turned around very quickly or else this is going to end up being a long season. I have a serious question to ask since I missed the game & barely saw any of the Giants game last week.

Does it look like the hype is getting to the team's head? I understand its only preseason & Rex and company say they havent and dont plan to gameplan for preseason but I gett he feeling that may be a mistake as the media is going to have a field day with blasting the offense this week. The mighty & high powered offense of the New York Jets fizzled. Where was the "Play Like a Jet"?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

#61 looked good to me and C Washington runs much like green . we are not going to show our offense and the guys who need the work are playing. slausen seen holding a few times.
J mcknight is a project and is not going to contribute much sorry he is no replacement for Leon yet.
also this year preseason is unimportant because most players,coaches and experts agree our defense is going to be great and our much inproved offense will be more potent this year and the SP teams look on coverage. the kickers are also looking good .folk puts the ball into end zone 80 % of the time. yesterdays game provided many hard hits put on the opponents.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Some studs that I noticed and was impressed with...

Kenwin Cummings, guy had a great game last night. He was hitting like a truck, just hitting RBs into a dead stop. Had some QB pressures and just was a beast all around, this guy made me feel a bit better about our backup ILB position.

Jamaal Westerman, he had a nice game, he was containing the outside, one play did a great job of taking out the blockers on the outside and forcing the RB inside into a tackle. Also had some pressures and a sack, though one play he had a clear lane and should of had a sack but missed the guy, that was unacceptable.

Vernon Gholston, guy had a great game as well. He may not be a star player, but maybe he can help this team in rotation, keeping guys fresh is key for us finishing games and not allowing those last minute TD drives.

Dwight Lowery, had a very solid night, made some nice plays on the ball. One play he had a nice hit to knock the ball out of a the receiver, I want to see this guy playing safety.

Matt Kroul played a solid game

Jim Leonhard while he was in was beasting it.

Kyle Wilson looks impressive, though he hasn't been tested too much but he seems to be right on his guy, hes going to be a good one. You can see that he belongs in this league, doesn't look overwhelmed at all.

Brodney Pool looked good.

Joe McKnight as a punt returner, I wonder how reliable of a catcher he is because hes got some ability to be a dangerous one.

Ladainian Tomlinson, he shows that he isn't quite done, he looked good. My brother was watching the game and when he broke that 20 yard run out he said to me "start him", though I explain that dual back is better to keeping them fresh and that Greene is a beast.

The offense obviously wasn't impressive, but its one game in preseason.

One thing is for sure, Slauson is definitely ahead of Ducasse and should easily be the starter. Ducasse needs time, I'm not saying hes a bust, he has a lot of potential. But hes raw and needs some time to develop with NFL coaching, he could come out next year and look great at OG, but for now he should be on the bench.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

The Offense just looked flat. Almost as though they wanted to be somewhere else. The D looked great. Gave up a couple bigger plays but that will happen with an aggressive D. Only gave up 3 points!! The players that stood out to me where Westermann and Lowery. Lowery looked like he had something to prove.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users