NYJetsFan.com Forums: Desean Jackson Doesn’T Vacation On Revis Island - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (22 November 2014 - 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Desean Jackson Doesn’T Vacation On Revis Island

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

DeSean Jackson doesn’t vacation on Revis Island

By FRANK WARD
DailyPhiladelphian.com Editor

DeSean Jackson gets it. Hell, even agent Drew Rosenhaus gets it.

Holdouts aren’t good for business. They’re not good for the team nor the player involved. Teams suffer from missing their best players. The player suffers from a hit to their image as being greedy bastards.

In Philly, all you have to do is say two words to conjure up images of a self-centered pinhead or two: “Next question.”

Eagles fans can rest quietly in knowing that DeSean Jackson is not Terrell Owens when it comes to angling for a new deal. He isn’t joining Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis on Holdout Island this summer. Nor is he ripping apart team chemistry and doing sit-ups in his driveway.

Instead, Jackson has been at every session of training camp and looked much like the leader of the Eagles team. He’s meeting injured players at midfield. He’s getting the troops pumped for battle. He is the face of the franchise and relishing the opportunity to be such.

The two-position Pro Bowler, who everyone agrees has outperformed his rookie contract that pays him $800,000 this year, broke his silence this week in saying, “I’m just here to play football. All that other stuff, I could care less about.”

DeSean Jackson continues to downplay his desire for a new contract. He's clearly outperformed the $800,000 he's scheduled to earn this season.

Don’t believe every word of that. He cares about the payday; everyone does. But, he’s not going to let it affect him or his team’s chances to do good things this season. The better the team does, the more money he can make.

DJacc has a good head on his shoulders and good advisers. He realizes there’s more to a bank account than the money you earn from the NFL. There’s endorsements, appearances, media opportunities and other things that sometimes blow an NFL salary out of the water. A holdout, especially one by an elite receiver in Philadelphia, would kill those opportunities. It’s better to be seen as a professional who wants to play football and win.

That’s precisely what Jackson is doing. And, for all the ill will we have against his agent Drew Rosenhaus, the fact is that Drew doesn’t hold players out. At least he hasn’t since Terrell Owens. Chad Ochocinco, Anquan Boldin and others griped about contracts for years but still played.

While many fans were concerned when Jackson switched to Rosenhaus last year, the fact is we shouldn’t have been. Rosenhaus, Jackson and the Eagles know a new contract needs to be done. Jackson is that “special case” Joe banner often alludes to when the Eagles rarely do rip up contracts and renegotiate. However, both sides also know nothing can really be done in terms of a contract that will keep DJacc here for years until a new CBA is agreed to.

DeSean Jackson realizes the value of your image among the fans. A holdout would devalue that.

For now, DJacc is here ready to keep making history and lead this team to perform to the best of its ability. If you question his leadership ability, just read the comments he had in the Inquirer earlier this week.

“I’m not doing that this year. I could care less about all of that,” he told the paper. “I’m here to win games and to be a team player and to do everything I can to encourage my guys [to] go out there and just be successful and win games, that’s all I care about.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

That's true. Revis has really sunk in my eyes but football fans, we're just like dumb girls. After all the months of playing headgames, all Revis has to do is make another one handed int off Brady and we'll be back to thinking of him during sex... well at least 115 will.

#3 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

that's hilarious secondhand, idk once he signs and starts blanketing recievers again i'll prob put my revis island visor right back on and enjoy the dominance

Thanks for the Memories

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

[quote name='SecondHandJets' date='27 August 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1282924792' post='308633']
That's true. Revis has really sunk in my eyes but football fans, we're just like dumb girls. After all the months of playing headgames, all Revis has to do is make another one handed int off Brady and we'll be back to thinking of him during sex... well at least 115 will.
[/quote]

Stil do. ask your mom. I'm all like call me revis cause i got your *beep* on lockdown! :)
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

Ewww gay

I think I can only name two wrs in the Nfl that would toast revis

1. Desean Jackson
2. Pre jailed plaxico burress with the spirit of Wellington mara in bodied in him
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users