NYJetsFan.com Forums: Desean Jackson Doesn’T Vacation On Revis Island - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) PARADE FOR RAIL
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) ludogorets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) #PARADEFORRAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Desean Jackson Doesn’T Vacation On Revis Island

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

DeSean Jackson doesn’t vacation on Revis Island

By FRANK WARD
DailyPhiladelphian.com Editor

DeSean Jackson gets it. Hell, even agent Drew Rosenhaus gets it.

Holdouts aren’t good for business. They’re not good for the team nor the player involved. Teams suffer from missing their best players. The player suffers from a hit to their image as being greedy bastards.

In Philly, all you have to do is say two words to conjure up images of a self-centered pinhead or two: “Next question.”

Eagles fans can rest quietly in knowing that DeSean Jackson is not Terrell Owens when it comes to angling for a new deal. He isn’t joining Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis on Holdout Island this summer. Nor is he ripping apart team chemistry and doing sit-ups in his driveway.

Instead, Jackson has been at every session of training camp and looked much like the leader of the Eagles team. He’s meeting injured players at midfield. He’s getting the troops pumped for battle. He is the face of the franchise and relishing the opportunity to be such.

The two-position Pro Bowler, who everyone agrees has outperformed his rookie contract that pays him $800,000 this year, broke his silence this week in saying, “I’m just here to play football. All that other stuff, I could care less about.”

DeSean Jackson continues to downplay his desire for a new contract. He's clearly outperformed the $800,000 he's scheduled to earn this season.

Don’t believe every word of that. He cares about the payday; everyone does. But, he’s not going to let it affect him or his team’s chances to do good things this season. The better the team does, the more money he can make.

DJacc has a good head on his shoulders and good advisers. He realizes there’s more to a bank account than the money you earn from the NFL. There’s endorsements, appearances, media opportunities and other things that sometimes blow an NFL salary out of the water. A holdout, especially one by an elite receiver in Philadelphia, would kill those opportunities. It’s better to be seen as a professional who wants to play football and win.

That’s precisely what Jackson is doing. And, for all the ill will we have against his agent Drew Rosenhaus, the fact is that Drew doesn’t hold players out. At least he hasn’t since Terrell Owens. Chad Ochocinco, Anquan Boldin and others griped about contracts for years but still played.

While many fans were concerned when Jackson switched to Rosenhaus last year, the fact is we shouldn’t have been. Rosenhaus, Jackson and the Eagles know a new contract needs to be done. Jackson is that “special case” Joe banner often alludes to when the Eagles rarely do rip up contracts and renegotiate. However, both sides also know nothing can really be done in terms of a contract that will keep DJacc here for years until a new CBA is agreed to.

DeSean Jackson realizes the value of your image among the fans. A holdout would devalue that.

For now, DJacc is here ready to keep making history and lead this team to perform to the best of its ability. If you question his leadership ability, just read the comments he had in the Inquirer earlier this week.

“I’m not doing that this year. I could care less about all of that,” he told the paper. “I’m here to win games and to be a team player and to do everything I can to encourage my guys [to] go out there and just be successful and win games, that’s all I care about.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

That's true. Revis has really sunk in my eyes but football fans, we're just like dumb girls. After all the months of playing headgames, all Revis has to do is make another one handed int off Brady and we'll be back to thinking of him during sex... well at least 115 will.

#3 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

that's hilarious secondhand, idk once he signs and starts blanketing recievers again i'll prob put my revis island visor right back on and enjoy the dominance

Thanks for the Memories

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

[quote name='SecondHandJets' date='27 August 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1282924792' post='308633']
That's true. Revis has really sunk in my eyes but football fans, we're just like dumb girls. After all the months of playing headgames, all Revis has to do is make another one handed int off Brady and we'll be back to thinking of him during sex... well at least 115 will.
[/quote]

Stil do. ask your mom. I'm all like call me revis cause i got your *beep* on lockdown! :)
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

Ewww gay

I think I can only name two wrs in the Nfl that would toast revis

1. Desean Jackson
2. Pre jailed plaxico burress with the spirit of Wellington mara in bodied in him
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users