NYJetsFan.com Forums: Not Really Feeling To Good About This Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not Really Feeling To Good About This Season

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

I've been away from the site for a few days. Getting in some much needed R&R. However I've watched the preseason games and have been keeping close watch on the team. I gotta tell ya, the dark reality of a mediocre season seems to be closing in. I'm really not sure what's happening but maybe all this hype and attention the Jets have been getting is making things worse. Lets cut right to it, the offense look absolutely disgusting (for the exception of L.T and Greene). The running game looks real good, L.T looks like the L.T of old and Greene always running with force. Unfortunately the offensive arieal attack is just in shambles. Mark looks lost out there. He's holding on to the ball, the pass pro has been leaky. This offense looks like it's going to be our downfall again this year. All 3 of these games have been absolutely atrocious. I'm almost in panic mode.

The defense has been playing well of course but the loss of Pace is going to hurt (maybe not as much as others think it will) but it will hurt. Not having Revis signed yet scares me. Although in the back of my mind I think Cro and Wilson can handle the job. Mind you, with Revis out there were clearly better but I think we can still kick ass without him. Rex's defense gets pressure quick and forces early throws, that helps the corners. It's a catch 22 back there really.

My concern is with Sanchez, B. Schott and this offense. Sanchez looks like he really hasn't improved. He looks the same as he did last year and I know he's trying and I know he wants to be great but the forseeable future doesn't look all that great.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the Jets are just out there playing around in the preseason and not wanting to show their hand (but I argue that thought because of how Pissed Rex gets when he loses preseason games) Rex wants to win at all times, makes me believe that "they" (the offense) is out there looking to really get after it. It looks bleak right now. These other teams out there are scoring points, their getting the ball in the endzone, we are struggling A LOT more then I would have thought.

I remain cautiously optimistic. However these problems

- Revis
- the offense
- Pace

are really simmering my excitement.

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

Go get more R&R . the players , the vets and most of the ex players are telling you to remember that its the preseason and everything is as you know vanilla . we will run the ball as planned and let the passing game complement the offense . Our defense and special teams will keep us in the game while the offense revs up. Revis is taking laps around the Island .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

2 things...

We can still run the ball.

We can still play good defense.

So we might not win in great fashion, but we can still grind out football games until Sanchez gets it going.

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

[b]Specials Teams: 'Welcome to the Lion's Den'[/b]
By Nick Gallo

Posted Aug 28, 2010

[list][*][url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Specials-Teams-Welcome-to-the-Lions-Den/19cc87f8-2d2c-4ee1-8e68-10ede19f7997#"]a[/url][*][url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Specials-Teams-Welcome-to-the-Lions-Den/19cc87f8-2d2c-4ee1-8e68-10ede19f7997#"]a[/url][/list] As smoke filled the area in front of the New York Jets’ tunnel at New Meadowlands Stadium, Jets safety [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/james-ihedigbo/5ed3ff24-e850-4da2-bf21-ea7d95fc8b5f/"]James Ihedigbo[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] shot out like a bullet with the intensity and excitement that would be warranted for a playoff game, not the third preseason game. A key part of the Jets’ special teams unit, Ihedigbo raced to midfield and looked over to the [url="http://www.redskins.com/"]Washington Redskins[/url]’ sideline.

“It’s a mentality that you’re going to be begging for us to call the dogs off,” Ihedigbo said. “You’re walking into the lion's den. We’re the team you don’t want to play any Sunday. Just telling them they don’t know what they’ve gotten themselves into.”

Just minutes after that, Ihedigbo made the opening tackle of the game on the Redskins’ kickoff return.

Throughout the Jets' 16-11 loss to the Redskins on Friday night, while the Jets’ offense played inconsistently, the special teams were as impactful as the first defense. After another big tackle by Ihedigbo, [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/brad-smith/767d841f-fff8-4608-a22e-a42ba2fba78e/"]Brad Smith[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] and [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/marquice-cole/1396fed0-fa88-4e93-bb76-de280a41465b/"]Marquice Cole[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] caused Redskins punt returner Brandon Banks to fumble.

“I feel like we played pretty well today,” Cole said. “We had our assignments down and executed pretty well. That’s the plan, that’s what you go out there for. You try to make plays, and I think we’ve been doing a pretty good job of making plays.”

Cole, a cornerback who will be looking to make an impact both in dime packages on defense and as a flyer on the punt coverage unit, was all over the place. He got down the field and downed punter [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/steve-weatherford/70de394a-f910-423a-a67b-37a806410f90/"]Steve Weatherford[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url]’s Aussie-rules-style drop punt inside the 10-yard line, and came from behind to help knock the ball away from Banks on the fumble. Third-year defensive lineman [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/vernon-gholston/be5e85d7-6072-403c-ae16-191f755f0bf3/"]Vernon Gholston[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] was there to recover the fumble and give the Jets offense great field position.

“When we’re out there on the punt return we have to work together,” Gholston said. “I saw they were going with a wall return and I was trying to get to the outside of the wall. The rest of the guys came in swarming, they got to the ballcarrier and he dropped it out and at that point I was in position to scoop it up.”

That fumble recovery is one of five turnovers that the Jets special teams have caused in three games, and the rest of their unit has been hemming in the opposition as well. Against the Redskins the Jets held kickoff returners to 13.3 yards per return. Weatherford had two inside-the-10 punts and almost had a third if Cole had been able to corral one of his difficult wobblers. Regardless, the special teams is forming an identity of its own.

“We have this high-powered offense, high-powered defense,” Ihedigbo said. “How’s special teams going to be? We’re proving that this preseason. The regular season hasn’t even started and we’re only going to get better. Guys are going to go down and make plays and set the tone for the game.”

Many of the players on special teams will make an impact for the offense and defense, including wide receiver Brad Smith and running back [url="http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/joe-mcknight/82f0bb7b-4bae-4c62-973f-0a7a0667d2f4/"]Joe McKnight[img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url]. Smith returned four kickoffs for an average of 23 yards on each return and a long of 29, while McKnight took a punt return 27 yards, all the way to the Washington 31.

“We played OK,” Smith said. “There’s a certain level that we expect from ourselves as far as intensity and making plays. We were able to do a few things but there are things we need to clean up. But overall I think we had a pretty good day. I’m sure Coach Westhoff is going to find some things for us to correct when we get in the film room.”

All of these players have ways in which they can improve. In the locker room McKnight was more focused on a fumble he had on offense than the exciting punt return he had. There are highs and lows for all aspects of the game but especially on special teams, where players are in the spotlight for only a few plays each game. It’s the special teams’ job to put a stamp on each contest early and often.

“This game is an emotional rollercoaster, it’s a physical game,” Ihedigbo said. “It's coming out and setting the tone of the game. It’s intimidating when you see a group of guys that gather together, are motivated together and are ready to go to bat for each other. That can be intimidating to another team. We strive for that, to be a dominant force.”

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hope this lifts your spirits Shane.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I don't panic based on preseason games, sure it would of been nice if the offense did good passing the ball, but it doesn't mean they will be the same as last year. They might start off slow, but once week 5 comes and Holmes is back ,this offense has too many passing weapons to be AS bad as last year.

Tim Hasselbeck says he sees improvements with Sanchez, but also sees him reverting to bad things he did last year, he wants Mark to be more consistent.

Another thing, our OL protection hasn't been great. The hope with that is when they do start game planning they will be putting protection schemes based on the team we are playing against.

Oh and the Redskins/Panthers both had top 10 defenses last year. Vs the Redskins they were moving the ball on them, just kept making mistakes.

2 weeks until the Ravens game, hopefully they can get better and execute the game plan enough to win the ball game.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

[b]The only thing to cheer about was the Manning hit. Ever since then, its been a boring team. I'm starting blame HBO now. It wouldn't bother one bit if the jets didn't get the show. Just Hope they don't all catch the Kerry Rhodes disease. [/b]

#8 User is offline   ken Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

well i dont worry too much about it after all, the jets according to rex, dont game plan in the preseason. We can be in trouble however if revis doesn't return because the defense have to adjust from playing half the field to playing the whole field.

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:14 AM

[quote name='ken' date='29 August 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1283136401' post='308736']
well i dont worry too much about it after all, [b]the jets according to rex, dont game plan in the preseason[/b]. We can be in trouble however if revis doesn't return because the defense have to adjust from playing half the field to playing the whole field.
[/quote]

That there is why I'm not worried. There is no game plan for the offense and I don't want them to give any of our first couple of opponents (the Ravens, and Patriots) an early preview of anything Shotty and Sanchez plan on doing early in the season. Plus Sanchez hasn't been [i]that[/i] bad in this preseason. In his last drive in the Redskins game he did drive the team down the field for a touchdown. There were a few times last season when Sanchez played bad in the first half and then played much better in the second half. So I'm not that worried. I just hope the o-line holds up and stays healthy.

The most important parts of this team has played very well in the preseason, the defense and running game. That's our bread and butter and that is what we're going to need to play well especially late in the season and hopefully through the playoffs. When the air is colder and the winds are stronger it's the defense and running attack that's going to matter the most.

I'm more worried about the team staying relatively healthy and the kicking game. I still don't trust Folk and I don't buy the "he was injured last year" excuse for his bad play in Dallas. I'm really worried about the kicking game.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#10 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

Preseason doesn't mean much. 1st team defense gets a chance to hit people and the rest of it is just to see where our depth is good or a problem. The Colts haven't won more than 1 preseason game a year since 2005. They're actually 4-21 since '05. Worked out pretty good for them during the regular season though.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

[quote name='gmany3k' date='29 August 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1283127514' post='308724']
Go get more R&R . the players ,[size="4"] the vets and most of the ex players are telling you to remember that its the preseason and everything is as you know vanilla[/size] . we will run the ball as planned and let the passing game complement the offense . Our defense and special teams will keep us in the game while the offense revs up. Revis is taking laps around the Island .
[/quote]

See this is what scares me. If Mark is facing Vanilla coverages now in the preseason and he's struggling then whats going to happen in the reg season?.. I know it's preseason and I know everyone is saying "well it's all good, it's just the preseason" but if your a coach or player on this team you have to a little uneasy from what you've seen so far.

#12 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='30 August 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1283179299' post='308751']
See this is what scares me. If Mark is facing Vanilla coverages now in the preseason and he's struggling then whats going to happen in the reg season?.. I know it's preseason and I know everyone is saying "well it's all good, it's just the preseason" but if your a coach or player on this team you have to a little uneasy from what you've seen so far.
[/quote]

Remember what Namath was talking to Sanchez about on Hard Knocks? That Santonio wasn't running the route hard in the film they were watching? He said there's a speed difference between practice and games. Preseason is basically practice so I doubt all of our receivers that have made the squad are running perfect routes. Mark has been playing with the 1's, not the guys busting their ass to try and grab a roster spot. None of the Giants core receivers did anything in the game with Eli. Then Victor Cruz comes out and looks like Jerry Rice. Mark hasn't had many open receivers to throw to....I think that'll change when games mean something.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='30 August 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1283179299' post='308751']
[/quote]
I concur. Sanchez is flat out indecisive. Watch Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers. Watch them go through their progressions. They know EXACTLY where to go with the ball.

Sanchez does not. While I do not expect him to ever be as good as one of the aforementioned quarterbacks, he needs to demonstrate some growth and maturity. Look at the interception he threw against the Redskins. Come on! If you want to be a playoff caliber quarterback, you need to make better decisions than that. And I don't want to read, "it's only preseason."

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

I mean I don't care if it's in warm-ups, you don't throw into double coverage (see DeAngelo Hall interception) no matter how important or unimportant the game is. In the Giants game Mark looked really good, you saw signs of growth. Now maybe there is something we don't know. Maybe they were working on something. I don't have the answers but I know when things aren't right. I definitely don't want to go through the same problems he went through last year, especially in year 2.

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

[quote name='Camenzind' date='30 August 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1283208025' post='308791']
I concur. Sanchez is flat out indecisive. Watch Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers. Watch them go through their progressions. They know EXACTLY where to go with the ball.

Sanchez does not. While I do not expect him to ever be as good as one of the aforementioned quarterbacks, he needs to demonstrate some growth and maturity. Look at the interception he threw against the Redskins. Come on! If you want to be a playoff caliber quarterback, you need to make better decisions than that. And I don't want to read, "it's only preseason."
[/quote]

Cmon man. The 4 QBs you mentioned are the pinnacle of their profession. Remember, Sanchez left USC after only a year of playing. Last year was basically his SR college year. He's still very very raw. Also, his role on this team is basically a "care taker". Our defense is our better unit. The offense's job is to dominate the TOP, grind out 14 points per game, and not turn the ball over. That's it. Sanchez won't have to shoulder the load until the playoffs.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

It took Brees and Rivers years to get to where they are. Rivers sat on the bench for 2 years and Brees struggled his first 3 years enough for them to draft Rivers before he broke out.

Peyton Manning is not someone you want to compare with, hes maybe the best QB of all time.

Brady sat year 1 and came in year 2 and managed the game. He played within the system but wasn't a spectacular QB until a few years in his career.

It takes time for a QB to develop, which sucks for Mark as he doesn't have time, hes the LEAST experienced QB to come and start day 1 in NFL history. He was thrown onto a playoff team and is expected to play like a veteran. He has more pressure on him than the other rookie QB drafted, they are allowed to have struggles since their teams aren't good, Mark is considered a bust by a lot of people because he threw 20 INTs while on a team that had the #1 rushing attack and defense. He is not a experienced QB, it will take years for him to reach his potential and he doesn't have time to get his game down.

Basically we need to get Revis on this team because our defense has to be good enough to win games for this team and be special. Mark needs to cut his turnovers down and play within the system. Our WRs once Holmes comes back are great, he'll have opportunites with these guys to make plays.

I will wait until the season to judge him, I hate judging things based on preseason.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

I really believe you guys are looking for problems where there are no problems. Even with the addition of LT and Holmes I never expected this offense to suddenly look like the 1999 Rams. f*** what Mr. Dome and Gloom said. This is preseason. Again, this is preseason. Look at what Sam Bradford did against the Patriots. Either Belicheat's defense is really going to suck this year or Sam Bradford is already one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL.

Once there is a GAMEPLAN and the offense develops a PLAN to attack their opponent with for that week's game, the offense (in this case the passing game) will look much better. Football is a game all about strategy. There is no strategy in a preseason game. Preseason is basically a game of Madden with real people.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#18 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

[quote name='ken' date='29 August 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1283136401' post='308736']
the jets . . . dont game plan in the preseason.
[/quote]

Nor do the other teams.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

I agree with my Foe Mr. Jet .

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users