NYJetsFan.com Forums: Now...it's Real. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Today, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Today, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Today, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Today, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Today, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Today, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Now...it's Real. regular season upon us...no Revis

#1 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

Well guys, it seems that Tim Cowlishaw is a complete douchebag after all, and Revis still isn't close to signing.

The Jets have played their final pre-season game, and yet they're missing their top playmaker on defense.

...get ready for a wild ride folks. this doesn't seem like it's going to end pretty.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:14 AM

At this point I'm fully prepared to accept that revis will not play this year and may never play another game for the jets. All revis cares about is money and we can't afford to pay him. The only team that can is the bucs, there player salary is the lowest in the nfl. good thing we got cro and wilson. Imagine if we didn't. Our starters would be leto and lowry
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

Tannenbaum had to have seen this coming, drafting Kyle Wilson, and buying low on Cromartie. Mangold and D-Brick both set outstanding precedents on how to handle contract negotiations, and Revis should take notes on how to be a true professional. One of Revis' advisors is fuckin Ty Law...so, the holdout doesn't surprise me @ all.

He also held out till the last possible second before signing his rookie contract. Fuckin bastard.

If Cromartie or Wilson go down...we could be in a little trouble. Revis could help make this defense legendary.

#4 User is offline   diehardjetfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

Why cant Revis just take more $ for this year and work this crap out next year. If he cares about only the $ I say trade him to the RAMS !!! :anger-32:

#5 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

[b]Pay #24. Give him his money. we need him or we cannot execute the blitz like last year. watching this team in the preseason was horrible. No life at all. I can see a disaster opening night. [/b]

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

[quote name='Swissle' date='03 September 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1283499312' post='308885']
Tannenbaum had to have seen this coming, drafting Kyle Wilson, and buying low on Cromartie. Mangold and D-Brick both set outstanding precedents on how to handle contract negotiations, and Revis should take notes on how to be a true professional. One of Revis' advisors is fuckin Ty Law...so, the holdout doesn't surprise me @ all.

He also held out till the last possible second before signing his rookie contract. Fuckin bastard.

If Cromartie or Wilson go down...we could be in a little trouble. Revis could help make this defense legendary.
[/quote]

I think the drafting of Wilson was more in anticipation of losing Cromartie than it was with Revis. Even though there were signs at draft time that Darrelle was going to hold out, Tannenbaum and the rest of the front office were probably convinced a deal could get done.

Hopefully Revis gets signed within the next week and three days so he can play against the Ravens. With the time he has missed he'd likely be rusty, but with the way Cromartie and Wilson have performed during the preseason - one of the brighter points of the past month - we could get away with having Revis as the nickel.

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

How much more pressure is put on Revis if the Jets start the season winning without him? I'm hoping that they start the season hot, but thats up to the offense to decide. Hopefully Cro and Wilson are up to the pressure now that the real games are coming up.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

[quote name='Swissle' date='03 September 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1283499312' post='308885']

[/quote]

Ty Law
Gilbert
and his ganets

all are for holding out. Revis is surrounded by some of the worse influances. Just cause it worked for gilbert doens't mean it'll work for revis. Matter of fact i guarentee it won't

[quote name='diehardjetfan' date='03 September 2010 - 03:25 AM' timestamp='1283509552' post='308887']
Why cant Revis just take more $ for this year and work this crap out next year. If he cares about only the $ I say trade him to the RAMS !!! :anger-32:
[/quote]

The jets offered it. He didn't want it. we were gonna pay him 10 mil for the next 4 years and he said no.

[quote name='Smedsthejet' date='03 September 2010 - 06:04 AM' timestamp='1283519088' post='308889']
I think the drafting of Wilson was more in anticipation of losing Cromartie than it was with Revis. Even though there were signs at draft time that Darrelle was going to hold out, Tannenbaum and the rest of the front office were probably convinced a deal could get done.

Hopefully Revis gets signed within the next week and three days so he can play against the Ravens. With the time he has missed he'd likely be rusty, but with the way Cromartie and Wilson have performed during the preseason - one of the brighter points of the past month - we could get away with having Revis as the nickel.
[/quote]

i'd hold him for all three years, then franchise and trade him to a really crappy team. He wouldn't be worth much at that point but who cares.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

things are not lookin good....lets hope that D lives up to what it did last year,we need Revis,he shuts down a whole side of the field,witout him them other boyz gonna have to really step it up cuz we'll end up gettin Peyton Manning'd all over again...

#10 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

f revis .. greedy bastard .. this team finally gets a chance to do something special and he pulls this crap

great teammate .. douche

#11 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

so now what? what do you think happens now? does he sign finally? do we trade him? to who?! for what?!

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

[quote name='Swissle' date='04 September 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1283586408' post='308938']
so now what? what do you think happens now? does he sign finally? do we trade him? to who?! for what?!
[/quote]

I doubt we trade him.

#13 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

Don't trade him. Let him sit there and rot for three years, THEN let him sign his big contract with Oakland.

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

[quote name='VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs' date='04 September 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1283626966' post='308960']
Don't trade him. Let him sit there and rot for three years, THEN let him sign his big contract with Oakland.
[/quote]

i'm 100% for that. the jets were nice enough to be willing to give him a big contract for 10 years and even offer him a band aid contract for 4 years and he spit on it.
CJ2K just ran for 2000 yards and wanted more money and he took 1 million more then he was gonna make and it made him happy. 1 f***ing million more. we offered revis a short term 4 year deal with 9 million more then he'd make this year and he didn't want it. Revis can f*** off and retire in my opinion
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

as much as I LOVE 24. this is starting to annoy me...I understand trying to get more money especially when you're the best. but I doubt the jets low balled him. it just wasn't to his exacting standards.

if he had taken that 10 year 1xx,xxx,xxx deal he would have a shit ton of money, and he'd be loved, and he'd be here for preseason and gameday, and we'd (fans + jets) would be very confident about the whole thing

#16 User is offline   diehardjetfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

[quote name='V DidDy 210' date='04 September 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1283632936' post='308969']
as much as I LOVE 24. this is starting to annoy me...I understand trying to get more money especially when you're the best. but I doubt the jets low balled him. it just wasn't to his exacting standards.

if he had taken that 10 year 1xx,xxx,xxx deal he would have a shit ton of money, and he'd be loved, and he'd be here for preseason and gameday, and we'd (fans + jets) would be very confident about the whole thing
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more!!!!!! You hit it on the head. Someone now has to hit Revis on the head!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users