NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Roster Movements - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jets Roster Movements

#1 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

Practice Squad

C Robby Felix – According to Jenny Vrentas, the team will assign Felix to the PS. Felix had previously signed on with the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 before heading to the UFL in 2009.

DE/OLB Ricky Foley – CFL stand out Foley will be heading down to the PS.

WR Larry Taylor – Taylor who was on Mike Westhoff’s good side and had a solid preseason didn’t get a chance to crack the active roster. However according to his agents, Taylor will join the PS.

OLB Cody Brown – A second round pick by the Cardinals in 2009, Brown joins the Jets according to his agent. Aaron Wilson reports that Brown will end up on the PS.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune is reporting the Jets have signed Jarron Gilbert to the practice squad.

Claims

WR Patrick Turner – As Steiny noted earlier, the Jets have claimed Turner off waivers.

DE Marcus Dixon – According to Dixon’s Twitter account, he has been signed by the Jets. Dixon who was previously a Dallas Cowboy joined the Boys in 2008 as an undrafted free agent.

T Patrick Brown – Schefter reports that the Jets have claimed former Viking Patrick Brown off waivers. Brown went undrafted in 2009 and was picked up by the Panthers. Brown later joined the Patriots before heading to Minnesota.

Waived/Released

WR David Clowney - After signing Turner, the Jets abruptly cut Clowney from the active roster.

RB Chauncey Washington – According to Vrentas the Jets plan to waive Washington however they hope to re-sign him to the practice squad.

#2 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

[quote name='J-E-T-S 4417' date='05 September 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1283709945' post='308990']
Practice Squad

C Robby Felix According to Jenny Vrentas, the team will assign Felix to the PS. Felix had previously signed on with the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 before heading to the UFL in 2009.

Claims

WR Patrick Turner As Steiny noted earlier, the Jets have claimed Turner off waivers.

DE Marcus Dixon According to Dixon's Twitter account, he has been signed by the Jets. Dixon was previously a member of the Dallas Cowboys when he joined the team in 2008 as an undrafted free agent.

Waived

WR David Clowney - After signing Turner, the Jets abruptly cut Clowney from the active roster.

RB Chauncey Washington According to Vrentas the Jets plan to waive Washington however they hope to re-sign him to the practice squad.
[/quote]

Cutting Washington or putting him on the practice squad is a big mistake! Let's face it, Mc Night is a pic that just didn't pan out. I thought the best players play....really

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

[quote name='shrekman1' date='05 September 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1283712654' post='308993']
Cutting Washington or putting him on the practice squad is a big mistake! Let's face it, Mc Night is a pic that just didn't pan out. I thought the best players play....really
[/quote]

You just don't cut a 4th round pick. It's just not something you do. He's young and will have a window in which to develop. Once that window closes and he doesn't excel then it's waivers time.

#4 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='05 September 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1283714723' post='308994']
You just don't cut a 4th round pick. It's just not something you do. He's young and will have a window in which to develop. Once that window closes and he doesn't excel then it's waivers time.
[/quote]

Yeah. Chauncey is a "victim" of circumstance right now. Greene and LT are a given, Rex likes Woodhead, and McKnight is a draft pick. Then you add T-Rich and Conner, and Washington is the odd man out. Hopefully he makes the PS and we get to see him in the future.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

Jets claim Jarron Gilbert DL from the Bears.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='05 September 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1283714723' post='308994']

[/quote]

Disagree. This is a win now league. Especially this year for the Jets. McNight didn't show much running with first or second string offence. Lacks smarts and confidence. You have a quality player in Washington now. A player who runs like Greene. If Greene goes down then what? Mc Night? Please! Rex is telling people Super Bowl, not with McNight. Washington proved himself. In Rex words, "we keep the best football players." McNight is not one of them. Mr.T made a by choice, it happens. Cut your losses and move on.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

Never mind, Jets didn't claim Gilbert but are trying to sign to PS.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

[quote name='shrekman1' date='05 September 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1283723720' post='308998']
Disagree. This is a win now league. Especially this year for the Jets. McNight didn't show much running with first or second string offence. Lacks smarts and confidence. You have a quality player in Washington now. A player who runs like Greene. If Greene goes down then what? Mc Night? Please! Rex is telling people Super Bowl, not with McNight. Washington proved himself. In Rex words, "we keep the best football players." McNight is not one of them. Mr.T made a by choice, it happens. Cut your losses and move on.
[/quote]

But it's not about whether you agree or disagree with me. It's just the way the league works. When you acquire young talent from college they need time to develop and prove their worth, that's why you draft in the first place. You don't cut a 4th rd pick just after months of signing him. They took a chance on him and clearly the guy is awful. He plays with no heart, he looks and plays soft.

I really don't know what else to tell you. They are not going to cut him because they really can't. It's not how this works.

You just don't can talent that you just drafted. These guys are kids coming into the league to learn the ropes. He'll have a window in which to get better, if he doesn't THEN you cut him but you don't cut a 4th rd pick now.

You probably would have said the same thing about Leon Washington. Leon Washington couldn't even field a punt when he came out. This is why you DO NOT cut young talent. Especially this early.

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'm so sick of this "win now shit"

Patrick Turner = former USC receiver = former Sanchez receiver. Makes sense.

#10 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='05 September 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1283730589' post='309008']
But it's not about whether you agree or disagree with me. It's just the way the league works. When you acquire young talent from college they need time to develop and prove their worth, that's why you draft in the first place. You don't cut a 4th rd pick just after months of signing him. They took a chance on him and clearly the guy is awful. He plays with no heart, he looks and plays soft.

I really don't know what else to tell you. They are not going to cut him because they really can't. It's not how this works.

You just don't can talent that you just drafted. These guys are kids coming into the league to learn the ropes. He'll have a window in which to get better, if he doesn't THEN you cut him but you don't cut a 4th rd pick now.

You probably would have said the same thing about Leon Washington. Leon Washington couldn't even field a punt when he came out. This is why you DO NOT cut young talent. Especially this early.

[/quote]

"He plays with no heart, he looks and plays soft. " Well said! Best reason in the world to cut him. I understand what your saying. Give me a player, a team that plays with heart & desire, and you have a player & team that wins every time. Talent does not win championship. Heart & Desire does. Every time. Leon play a hell of lot better then McNight ever will. Plus Leon has "heart & Desire!" Enough said

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

i feel bad for chauncy, he couldn't make it in a crowded dallas backfield that had marion barber, felix jones, and tashard choice and now with the jets who have greene, LT, and drafted mcknight and woodhead. alot of teams could use his services. he deserves to catch on somewhere
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users