NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets And Revis Agree To Terms Per Schefter - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) This football team is an embarrassment. Us as fans, deserve more than this BS thats on the field. This team needs football minds running it, not capologist
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 PM) Ivory is probably the only bright spot on O
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) We are one loss closer to the first pick.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) at least this game is over
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) At least the saints game is interesting
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) Wow beat twice by the bills. This is the worst season I can remember
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) The media questions are ridiculas about this ferguson thing
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) I hate the media.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) They are trying to make a story more than report a story.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) Every media outlet is like TMZ now
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) It's sad to me that aljesera news may be the best news in America
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) They don't report facts anymore. It's all opinion based of the facts the way they see them. It leads to speculation and stupidity.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) Drew Brees is amazing
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) Seriously if you get algezzera America watch it. No spin, no opinions just facts
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) Shots fired at police department in Ferguson.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) looting and vandalism
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:11 PM) What really!!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) I like what Obama said in his press conference. Too bad no one is listening
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) There goes the tear gas
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:16 PM) Dude the tear gas going off as Obama says please don't riot
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:17 PM) Omg shit is on fire already
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) This is sad. A few people make the whole situation seem silly
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) whoa thanks bleedsgreen, Al Jazeera is actually fantastic coverage of the matter
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I know right!! f***ing Muslims know how to report the news
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) yeah i mean apart from the masthead you'd never realize this wasn't US news
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) The cops started shooting of tear gas right after the anouncment was made
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:35 PM) yeah shit's going haywire there
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:35 PM) It looks like a victory parade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:35 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:35 PM) HIRE HARBAUGH
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:36 PM) mariota.
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 10:36 PM) This ferguson shit is idzik's fault
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) i'm wiling to believe that
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) i'm gonna be working in times square tomorrow... This will be an amazing site to say the least
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) also 5 places in ferguson are on fire now.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:40 AM) Well be safe out there
santana Icon : (Today, 12:41 AM) Years from now I'm sure this week will be labeled as "the thanksgiving riots"
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Today, 12:29 PM) Scum will be scum. A scumbag committed suicide by cop and the rest of the trash decide to burn their own shit because of it. f***ing idiots
santana Icon : (Today, 02:27 PM) "1st game: Bills defense forces out Geno Smith and Jets put in Mike Vick
2nd game: Bills defense forces out Mike Vick and Jets put in Geno Smith
we've gone full circle."
santana Icon : (Today, 02:45 PM) uefa time
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) what a goal suarez
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Did he bite anyone?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:44 PM) no just a sensational goal by possibly the worlds best
santana Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) http://gfycat.com/Ac...DazzlingAntbear
santana Icon : (Today, 03:51 PM) casual as fuck
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jets And Revis Agree To Terms Per Schefter

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Jets and CB Darrelle Revis reach agreement in principle. Revis will fly to NY, sign contract and be on field next Monday nt. 3 minutes ago via web

* Retweet

Revis will be flying to NJ and rejoining the team.
Posted Image

#2 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

Yawnnn
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

yup seen it on ESPN ticker. about dam time.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

[b][url="http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter"]Adam_Schefter[/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] Darrelle Revis is scheduled to be at the Jets training facility tomorrow to sign the deal. Numbers likely to be a team, but not NFL record.

#5 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

[quote name='Jetsman05' date='05 September 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1283748335' post='309037']
[b][url="http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter"]Adam_Schefter[/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] Darrelle Revis is scheduled to be at the Jets training facility tomorrow to sign the deal. Numbers likely to be a team, but not NFL record.
[/quote]

Thats good to know. i wonder what brees and mannings contracts will be
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:19 AM

TheJetsStream

#Jets Tannenbaum says agreement was reached around 11:45 pm. Confirms Rex, Woody flew to Fla. to meet with Revis, mom and Sean Gilbert 1 minute ago via web

TheJetsStream

Tannenbaum says both sides made "significant breakthru" about two hours ago to find a deal that worked for both sides half a minute ago via web

Manish Mehta TheJetsStream

Tannenbaum: "I think it's a it's a great deal for Darrelle. I think it's a responsible deal for the team." #nfl #nyj #jets half a minute ago via web

TheJetsStream

MIKE TANNENBAUM: "I'm happy. I'm relieved. Darrelle's a great player. He's our guy." #nfl #nyj less than 20 seconds ago via web
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

WOW.....Got nothing else

#8 User is offline   I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Who they going to cut now to make room.

Jets agree to 4-year $46M deal ($32M guaranteed) with Darrelle Revis »
By Manish Mehta

Darrelle Revis is back.

The Jets agreed to a deal in principle with Revis around 11:45 pm on Sunday night. It's a 4-year, $46 million -- with $32 million guaranteed -- according to sources.

The Daily News first reported on Twitter Saturday night that Rex Ryan flew down to South Florida to mee with Darrelle Revis to discuss the All-Pro cornerback’s contract impasse. General manager Mike Tannenbaum later confirmed that Ryan flew down to Florida along with owner Woody Johnson to meet with Revis, his mother Diana Gilbert and his uncle Sean Gilbert.

Sources told the Daily News that Revis will be ready for the Jets Monday night season opener against the Baltimore Ravens.

Revis, who is scheduled to earn $1 million in the fourth-year of his six-year rookie deal, has held out for 36 days. After a public war of words in the first week of the holdout, both sides agreed to a media blackout last month.

Ryan was scheduled to be on a conference call with reporters Saturday at 6:15 pm, but the team abruptly announced that general manager Mike Tannenbaum would be taking his place on the call.

The Daily News first reported on Twitter that the meeting occurred.

#9 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

Wow so we gave him an extra 28 mil and added only 1 year so be prepared for this to happen again in four years
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

[quote name='Jetsfan115' date='06 September 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1283755384' post='309048']
Wow so we gave him an extra 28 mil and added only 1 year so be prepared for this to happen again in four years
[/quote]

mr.moderator/top dog, this team was built to win a superbowl THIS YEAR...i'll start worrying again in 4 years when the Jets have already won the Super Bowl...Revis was the missing link, obviously, and now he's here.

don't be such a negative nancy. is that how you got your way to the top?! i don't think so!!!!

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

[quote name='Swissle' date='06 September 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1283756349' post='309049']
mr.moderator/top dog, this team was built to win a superbowl THIS YEAR...i'll start worrying again in 4 years when the Jets have already won the Super Bowl...Revis was the missing link, obviously, and now he's here.

don't be such a negative nancy. is that how you got your way to the top?! i don't think so!!!!
[/quote]

pretty confident this jets team is the best in the NFL huh?

But yea, in 4 years we'll worry about it again. I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of hold out clause that will be a bit more costly this time around. I'm really curious to see these details.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   ken Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

[quote name='extmenace' date='06 September 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1283756685' post='309050']
pretty confident this jets team is the best in the NFL huh?

But yea, in 4 years we'll worry about it again. I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of hold out clause that will be a bit more costly this time around. I'm really curious to see these details.
[/quote]

hope it is four years and not three or even two..

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

About time too, and it's nice to see a fair compromise reached. It begs the question though whether such a deal could have been struck a couple weeks ago, but at least he didn't end up sitting out any of the regular season.
Whether the week of practice will get him up to game speed remains to be seen, however Cromartie and Wilson have played well enough in preseason to make up for any rust on Revis - should there be any.

#14 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

Schef's also reporting that the price of FlyHiJet's tickets will go up 1000% over the next four seasons. Ouch.
[quote]

[color=#222222][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][font=inherit][size=3][font=inherit][size=3]The [url="http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/7755"]Darrelle Revis[/url] sideshow may have ended in part because of one factor. [In the end], Revis gave up on his attempt to match or beat the deal given to [url="http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/13"]Raiders[/url]cornerback [url="http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/1505"]Nnamdi Asomugha[/url]. Asomugha's deal has an average of $15.1 million; Revis' deal works out to $11.5 million, far short of the Asomugha average. So what gives? Though some will say that the [url="http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/20"]Jets[/url] persuaded the Revis camp that the Asomugha deal represents yet another crazy move by the [url="http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/13"]Raiders[/url], the more likely reality is that Revis and his agents finally conceded that being the best defensive player in the league and the highest-paid defensive player in the league are two different things.[/size][/font]

[font=inherit][size=3][b][i][url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/06/revis-camp-finally-abandoned-the-quest-for-nnamdi-money/"]Profootballtalk.com[/url][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[/size][/font][/font][/color][/quote]
[color=#222222][font=verdana, arial, helvetica][font=inherit][size=3][font=inherit][size=3][/size][/font]

[/size][/font][font=inherit][size=3][font=inherit][size=3][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/color]
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#15 User is offline   jets4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

Jets | Darrelle Revis agrees to new deal
Comment (0)
Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:23:10 -0400
The New York Jets and CB Darrelle Revis have agreed to a new [b]seven-year deal[/b], which may void to a four-year pact, reports Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com. Financial terms of the new deal are not yet available.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0ykm7sTnI

i wonder what the numbers are if he remains for 7 years???????

#16 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

man this is great news, i actually had a dream revis signed a few days ago lol. Now its time to dominate

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

It won't remain a 7 year deal, Tannenbaum said it was a 4 year deal. He called it a "intermediate" deal.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

watever its called i'm just glad its done and now we can move on

#19 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Happy Labor Day!

Ironic...no?
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

W[b]woke up with that great news on my phone. Just in time. Now time to refocus. Time to get back to championship form again. Now on this labor parade jumping for Revis too. [img]http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/banana019.gif[/img][/b]

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users