NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Bright Side - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Bright Side Revis' Holdout

#1 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:14 AM

I think I have a bright side, albeit small but still a bright side to Revis holding out. Assuming he did remain training and continues to play at a high level, his absence allowed Wilson and Cromartie to face top receivers in a new defensive scheme to them. Now when the season starts, shit should seem easier for them because they now are gonna face talent a notch below, thus making them better corners which is pretty f***ing scary if you ask me.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

Very true. I can't wait to see how well those three play against Tom Brady and the Pats recievers in week 2.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Yes...and no. Now Wilson has to step into the slot. Which is a whole different animal from playing on the outside. There you can use the sideline as a extra defender...in the slot the WR can go either direction and you can't force him into the sideline. It's no easy task...the Jets had no choice but to get Wilson ready to start and play the outside in case Revis never showed up...but now that Revis is here Wilson is going to be behind a bit on his nickel skills.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

[quote name='HurricaneJet32' date='06 September 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1283781224' post='309064']
Yes...and no. Now Wilson has to step into the slot. Which is a whole different animal from playing on the outside. There you can use the sideline as a extra defender...in the slot the WR can go either direction and you can't force him into the sideline. It's no easy task...the Jets had no choice but to get Wilson ready to start and play the outside in case Revis never showed up...but now that Revis is here Wilson is going to be behind a bit on his nickel skills.
[/quote]

I can see why you would say this but I think he'll be fine. There is a reason all teams play their #3 and #4 corner in the slot, your dealing with slower and most of the time shorter recievers. Wilson's natural athleticism and knowledge for the game will help him in this matter.

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

[quote name='RetireChrebet' date='06 September 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1283792143' post='309087']
I can see why you would say this but I think he'll be fine. There is a reason all teams play their #3 and #4 corner in the slot, your dealing with slower and most of the time shorter recievers. Wilson's natural athleticism and knowledge for the game will help him in this matter.
[/quote]

Heh this is pro ball man

Slot wrs aren't slower they are just less favored
Shorter? Maybe but slower rarely
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

[quote name='HurricaneJet32' date='06 September 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1283781224' post='309064']
[/quote]

I was thinking this exact same thing earlier today. With the Ravens signing Housh, I imagine he will be their slot guy, so that will be some work for Wilson. I hope he has a great week of practice against J-Co.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

[quote name='santana' date='06 September 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1283793178' post='309091']
Heh this is pro ball man

Slot wrs aren't slower they are just less favored
Shorter? Maybe but slower rarely
[/quote]

it depends. in general the slot WR is the 3rd best reciever on the team. somtimes their fast but lack the route running ability or hands or both. sometimes they run good routes and have good hands but lack elite speed. look at us. cochery will be the slot guy cause he doesn't have the speed of holmes or the size and speed of BE, but he is a great route runner and has great hands. look at a team like the saints whose slot guy is henderson who lacks consistant hands or route running ability but is a burner.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

[quote name='Jetsfan115' date='06 September 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1283799749' post='309106']
it depends. in general the slot WR is the 3rd best reciever on the team. somtimes their fast but lack the route running ability or hands or both. sometimes they run good routes and have good hands but lack elite speed. look at us. cochery will be the slot guy cause he doesn't have the speed of holmes or the size and speed of BE, but he is a great route runner and has great hands. look at a team like the saints whose slot guy is henderson who lacks consistant hands or route running ability but is a burner.
[/quote]

Ok, so yea you talk about Cotchery so you are sorta fixing what you said, but the slot receiver isnt always the 3rd best receiver on the team, with bad route running ability and slower. It all depends on the offense.

Look at the Patriots. Wes Welker is the best OVERALL receiver they have and he is in the slot, why? because he works best in the slot working on lbs and safties and he is the best at reading coverages. Yes welker is on the slower side, but his quickness more than makes up for it. A slot receiver needs to be very good at reading what the defense is going to do and adjusting based on that. And some

Also, Henderson is NOT a slot receiver, he is the #2. Meachem is the slot. On top of that Henderson USED TO have inconsistant hands. Last year he was very sure handed and reliable. He is still a burner though.

So the slot is not just where u stick your 3rd best receiver who cant run routes, its where you put your guy who can make tough catches over the middle, read zones well, and HAS to run good routes otherwise he is ineffective.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

[quote name='Clemens11' date='07 September 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1283869300' post='309152']
Ok, so yea you talk about Cotchery so you are sorta fixing what you said, but the slot receiver isnt always the 3rd best receiver on the team, with bad route running ability and slower. It all depends on the offense.

Look at the Patriots. Wes Welker is the best OVERALL receiver they have and he is in the slot, why? because he works best in the slot working on lbs and safties and he is the best at reading coverages. Yes welker is on the slower side, but his quickness more than makes up for it. A slot receiver needs to be very good at reading what the defense is going to do and adjusting based on that. And some

Also, Henderson is NOT a slot receiver, he is the #2. Meachem is the slot. On top of that Henderson USED TO have inconsistant hands. Last year he was very sure handed and reliable. He is still a burner though.

So the slot is not just where u stick your 3rd best receiver who cant run routes, its where you put your guy who can make tough catches over the middle, read zones well, and HAS to run good routes otherwise he is ineffective.
[/quote]

once again i said IN GENERAL its your 3rd best WR. i never said always. the gianbst did it alot with the other Steve smith last year. he was their number 1 but they used in him the slot alot to give him favorable match-ups. the colts use all their WRs in the slot at one time or another including reggie wayne. and henderson is the number 2 but in 3 wide sets he usually played the slot with meachem and colston on the outside.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users