NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ravens Vs. Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:23 PM) I'm the best driver on the east coast! Everyone else is terrible
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM) The biggest mistake was made today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Stanton for $325 Mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) after he got hit in the face who said he'll even be the same player ever again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) but the Marlins throw $325 million at him like nothing ever happened
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:55 PM) I predict he'll be a shell of himself and in 5 years he will be horrible player and the $ will still be weighing down the Marlins for the remainder of the contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:06 PM) 3 years ago I would of considered this kind of contract but after what happened to him this season and how he might be shocked to step into the batters box in 2015 is a HUGE risk when a team gives them $325 million
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:07 PM) these monster contracts are ridiculous to begin with
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:32 PM) So who thinks the JETS will win this Sunday?
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) Ryan is terrible after byes. 2-9
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ravens Vs. Jets who has the better team

#1 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

This teams is totally solid and now they have Housh too. They scare me. I live in Maryland so I will be hearing about them alot.

With Revis I think our defense will be better than the ravens this year with the secondary problems adressed. The running game looks solid and LT shows he still has alot left.

Im still concerned about Sanchez`s accuracy. He didnt show alot in the preseason and the Jets ended up 9-7 do to Sanchez and the poor passing game. I dont have much belief in it. Bring all the wr`s in you want but if the qb isnt accurate and throws int`s you have a hard time winning

The Ravens dont have this problem Flacco is solid.

So in closing if Sanchez hasnt fixed his problems my pick as the best team in the AFC are the Ravens and not my beloved Jets.Jets defense might be better but I see no weaknesses in the Ravens team.I do think that these two teams are 1 and 2 regardless of who is better.

Thoughts.....

#2 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

jets, are better. colts, cincy and patriots are better. baltimore will struggle to get a wild card spot with cincy taking that division. Ray lewis is a year older and ed reed is not there. They play well with the players they have but i cant see how you could have them 1 or 2 in the conference? Yes the ravens added bouldin but he is not going to be the same player he was without Fitzgerald on the other side. They're a solid team but overall not great. just my opinion.

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

RobJets what you have said sums it up for every game Sanchez's Plays accuracy is a must .we will find out in the second half next monday night.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

It's really tough between these 2 teams. I think it all boils down to Sanchez. If Mark improves then I think we might have the edge with a better Mark Sanchez and a more dominate defense. It really all depends on where Mark is.

#5 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

[quote name='S-Dubb' date='06 September 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1283793872' post='309095']
It's really tough between these 2 teams. I think it all boils down to Sanchez. If Mark improves then I think we might have the edge with a better Mark Sanchez and a more dominate defense. It really all depends on where Mark is.
[/quote]

Until we face a team with zero run defense Sanchez will be the factor in all our match ups
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

The Ravens secondary isn't very good, they are weak at CB and don't have Ed Reed for at least 6 weeks.

Their front 7 though is good and it will be tough running against them and they will bring pressure on Mark. Edwards can dominate these DBs, its about when he gets the chance Mark not making the mistake and Edwards not dropping the pass.

I don't see a DB on that roster that can cover Edwards 1 on 1. Hopefully he brings his hands, he usually plays big on the prime time games. I am happy Reed ain't playing, I would be afraid with Sanchez throwing it to Reed.

Just hope Sanchez can be efficient and the Jets don't try to get too cute. Our defense is better than theirs and I think we can stop their offense, the guy that worries me most is Ray Rice.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

[quote name='RetireChrebet' date='06 September 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1283791749' post='309084']
jets, are better. colts, cincy and patriots are better. baltimore will struggle to get a wild card spot with cincy taking that division. Ray lewis is a year older and ed reed is not there. They play well with the players they have but i cant see how you could have them 1 or 2 in the conference? Yes the ravens added bouldin but he is not going to be the same player he was without Fitzgerald on the other side. They're a solid team but overall not great. just my opinion.
[/quote]
The Ravens are a solid team. There is now way the Patriots are a better team than them. Where are the Ravens weak? Nowhere period.Didnt they finish third in defense last year?
Patriots have Brady,Moss and Welker but a weak running game and a suspect defense. They are no where near solid. If they finish above Baltimore they will do it on the arm of Brady alone.

As far as Cincy goes I think you fell into the TO hype.I believe TO will hurt them more than help them. maybe Im wrong but I think he is done unless he pulls a career turn around like Moss did when he went to New England.Cincy has no other solid receivers except Ocho at this point. Last year was a fluke in my opinion that wont be repeated this year. If they were so good we wouldnt have crushed them in the playoffs in their own home.
I cant see them finishing ahead of Baltimore.Hell if Batch holds down the fort in Pittsburgh they might not even be second. The Ravens have Mason,Stallworth and Heap too.All three solid.The Mclain,Rice,and Mcgahee combination is solid too.Benson isnt a better rb than Rice. Cincy has Williams on defense but he hasnt done anything since 2007 let alone play much.The Flacco/Palmer matchup is debateable but Flacco has better receivers around him.

I cant argue about the Colts. Peyton is magic as a qb and he can eat most any team up as shown by the Colts record every year.You pretty much have to put up more offense than him to win.

Dont just tell me those teams are better give me some reasons why you are saying so instead of a biased opinion without any info to backup your claims.

As far as our team goes no one can argue the Jets defense should be number 1 again this year with Jenkins back and the secondary problems addressed but to say the Jets are the best with Sanchez not proving he has fixed his problems is crazy. The qb needs to be the general of the team and take the team on his shoulder at times.

The 2000 Ravens will likely not be repeated any time soon. Sanchez is a big concern whether you believe so or not. Until he proves he is solid fans will worry about him.It is fresh in my mind how the Jets destroyed the Saints but lost because Sanchez threw two picks for touchdowns. Yes he is a big concern.

#8 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

I don't think Cincy will be that good this year. They were 10-6 last year, 6-0 vs their division. They will not repeat their divisional success, and last year they were 4-6 against the rest of their opponents.

Ravens have a good team. The only area they are really hurting at is in their secondary, and unless Sanchez lights the world on fire week 1, it will be a tough game. So, like Santana said until we play times like Buffalo, Sanchez will be a big factor. Sanchez will be a big factor on the entire season, so we'll see.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

The Ravens front seven is just as good if not better than the jets especially since they have a proven pass rusher in Suggs and dominant lineman in Haloti Ngata and the under appreciated kelly gregg. Where they lack is the secondary as you all know, we should be able to take advantage of that, but you never know with Sanchez. In terms of offense they have a good line and Flacco is only getting better. The more I write the more like I feel like we are playing ourselves. These two teams are very much the same, this is going to be a hard fought battle. Hopefully sanchez the wr corps can dominate the Ravens major weakness.

Thanks for the Memories

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

[quote name='Fatman' date='06 September 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1283800661' post='309109']
The Ravens front seven is just as good if not better than the jets especially since they have a proven pass rusher in Suggs and dominant lineman in Haloti Ngata and the under appreciated kelly gregg. Where they lack is the secondary as you all know, we should be able to take advantage of that, but you never know with Sanchez. In terms of offense they have a good line and Flacco is only getting better. The more I write the more like I feel like we are playing ourselves. These two teams are very much the same, this is going to be a hard fought battle. Hopefully sanchez the wr corps can dominate the Ravens major weakness.
[/quote]

i disagree cause we got jenks who is just as good as ngata if not better, we have harris and scott inside, they only have a 36 year old lewis. they only true advantage they have in the front 7 is that suggs is a better pass rusher then anyone we have but overall i feel were more solid
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

[quote name='Jetsfan115' date='06 September 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1283801695' post='309110']
i disagree cause we got jenks who is just as good as ngata if not better, we have harris and scott inside, they only have a 36 year old lewis. they only true advantage they have in the front 7 is that suggs is a better pass rusher then anyone we have but overall i feel were more solid
[/quote]

Overall I think their 3 down lineman are better than ours. We have Jenks who is as dominant as any 3-4 lineman in the game but, they have ngata, gregg, and trevor pryce who always creates pressure from he de position. I will take our inside lb's over theres, but they do get a lot more pressure with there olb's than we do. I am very excited to the defensive gameplans in this scared, I'm actually a little scared for both qb's. we win in the secondary which is not much of an argument considering they have no healthy cb's or ed reed.

Thanks for the Memories

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

The Ravens are a scary team to me. I agree the Defense is not what it used to be but it is still top 5 in the league. I do think they have the upper hand in the QB position right now but we are stronger in just about every other position. I see them winning the AFC north and falling one game short of the AFC championship game. I do think they are better than the Pats
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

[quote name='Rhodes1991' date='06 September 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1283799021' post='309102']
I don't think Cincy will be that good this year. They were 10-6 last year, 6-0 vs their division. They will not repeat their divisional success, and last year they were 4-6 against the rest of their opponents.

Ravens have a good team. The only area they are really hurting at is in their secondary, and unless Sanchez lights the world on fire week 1, it will be a tough game. So, like Santana said until we play times like Buffalo, Sanchez will be a big factor. Sanchez will be a big factor on the entire season, so we'll see.
[/quote]

Exactly what is the biggest knock against the Bengals. A 4-2 division record last season and they would have been 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I think the Ravens will win it and the Bengals will try to hold off the Steelers late in the season for second place.

I'd say in terms of match ups:

Flacco-Sanchez (nod to Ravens)
Rice/McGahee-Greene/Tomlinson (push, to me, and Rice is pretty dynamic but I think Greene's pounding is harder to stop)
Boldin/Housh/Mason-Cotchery/Edwards/Holmes (nod to Jets, Boldin never stays healthy and if he goes down Housh and Mason won't be nearly as threatening)
OLine(nod to Jets, although Baltimore does have a good line)

Dline(to Baltimore, but if Gholston finally steps up it'll be closer)
linebackers(Jets, but again, Baltimore obviously has a decent group)
secondary (biggest difference, Reed is out close to half the season and we have the best secondary in football)

I think Baltimore is an okay team, but their offense was a little overrated last season because they didn't always balance out real well. Rice generated a lot of their offense and in games where teams held him in check the passing game generally suffered. All in all, I'd say Jets are a little bit better with the potential to be much better if Sanchez steps up.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#14 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

They have the nod in the most important position, QB.

Both are really strong teams with equal chances at coming out of the AFC.

Statement game Monday.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users