NYJetsFan.com Forums: Nice Article - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Nice Article

#1 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Nice article I like what pettine says about how they think about winning every game vs how others don't.

Jets Pumped, Not Pressured, for Ravens Tonight
By Randy Lange

Posted 2 hours ago

There is no way to quantify it, only to argue the point as one might with a friend in a favorite watering hole about the best quarterbacks or the best heavyweights of all time.

Is this the most important Opening Day in Jets franchise history?

The storylines certainly support that theory. The Jets, fresh off their five weeks of summer cable stardom as the focus of "Hard Knocks," say their goal is to go to and win the Super Bowl, as soon as February 6, and in the process to be the best defense in NFL.

And in this first game toward those and other aims, they merely have to beat the Baltimore Ravens, which head coach Rex Ryan lists along with his Jets and the Steelers as the most physical teams in the league today.

There are the multiple Jets-Ravens connections, with Ryan going up against good friend and former boss John Harbaugh and exchanging by all sounds of it friendly banter with his former top Ravens defender Ray Lewis about smashing each other and cashing checks.

There is Darrelle RevisPosted Image back in uniform and the questions about whether he'll look like a guy who spent five weeks away from the office or a guy who has the keys and the title to his own island.

And let's not forget this is the Jets' first game that counts and the first regular-season primetime game in history in their brand new pigskin palace known as New Meadowlands Stadium.

Pressure, anyone?

Ryan was adamant during his second opening week as an NFL head coach that if anyone should be feeling the pressure from this offseason of great expectations, it should be him (but he's not).

"My players havenít made those comments. Iíve made those comments. The pressure is on me and not on our players," he said. "Itís on me. If it doesnít work out the way I think it will work out, then who is it going to be on? Itís going to be on one person and thatís going to be on me, not on our team. I would disagree there. If you want to win, you ought to be man enough to stand up there and say we expect to win. Iíve got news for you ó we expect to win this week, next week and every week.

"Now, does it happen? No, it doesnít happen all the time, but we expect to win. Thatís how we approach every game."

Mike Pettine, in his second season as Ryan's defensive coordinator and his ninth on the same staff as Ryan, says that's not the approach that every head coach and team take toward a season, but it's always been the approach that Rex and he have taken.

"Itís been said that weíre not afraid to say it ó we believe we can win every game," Pettine said. "If youíre worth anything as a coach or a player in this league, youíve got to look at the schedule one game at a time and believe that on a game-to-game basis, youíre going to win every one. Iíve been around that mentality. Iíve been around the reverse mentality where coaches look at it like, ĎI think we can win this block of games here. Itís going to be tough, we can split these.í We donít look at it that way. You canít afford to concede anything.

"We voice it and I think it maybe gets interpreted the other way that all this team does is talk trash. Rex has a firm belief in us as a coaching staff and a firm belief in the players on this team. We think weíve built a team that there is no reason that we canít go into every game expecting to win."

And so the pressure gauge isn't in the danger zone for the players. Mark SanchezPosted Image, beginning his second year as the starting QB? Nah.

"I think, most important, itís about reminding yourself that you have guys like Braylon [Edwards] and Jerricho [Cotchery]. Braylonís worked so hard this offseason to be a dependable guy and a guy that knows the system ó heís always in the right spot. J-Co? I can lean on him all the time. Dustin [Keller] has had a great camp, heís ready for the season. The offensive line will keep your jersey clean. They really take the pressure off of you."

And for a respected veteran such as Jason TaylorPosted Image, who'll be filling in for Calvin PacePosted Image at OLB as long as Pace needs to rehab his foot, what pressure?

"I feel great," Taylor said. "Itís the same thing I was doing before Calvin got hurt. Itís the same thing. Youíre just doing it a few more times. Itís really not that big a deal. I know some people donít think I canít do it anymore, thereís a million different things being said, but thatís fine."

You could survey the entire Jets locker room and get the same reaction. Old vets but new Jets like LaDainian TomlinsonPosted Image and Antonio CromartiePosted Image? Ice water courses through their veins. Former Ravens like Bart ScottPosted Image and Jim LeonhardPosted Image? Not a chance. Kris JenkinsPosted Image back from his knee surgery of last year? Ready to roll. New guy like Kyle WilsonPosted Image in the nickel packages? He's so professional that his butterflies haven't shown all summer, let alone this week.

So some say the Jets could succumb to this pressure as one of the preseason favorites in the AFC East and the talk of the town around New York and New Jersey. Others see a possible letdown after the offseason and preseason of hype and Hard Knocks. Sure, these conditions could happen, have happened to other teams.

But those other teams weren't the Jets.

More likely, the Jets, in Ryan's favorite phrase, will be "popping out of their skin." He wants them fired up to take on the similarly tough Ravens with their similarly lofty aspirations, so much the better to prevail on Opening Night on this first of many national stages.

"Weíre so ready to play an opponent for real, to get things going in our new stadium," Sanchez said. "This is a game that counts. This is huge for us, so we just canít wait. Our guys are so excited. Monday canít come soon enough."

And now Monday is here, kickoff is hours away. And as Ryan also says, in a very short time "we'll see" a little more about the 2010 Jets.

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users