NYJetsFan.com Forums: Thoughts - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) WE THE PEOPLE
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Thoughts

#1 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 622
  • Joined: 12-January 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

can we really look at this as a disappointment? sure we can. the O was terrible and the D was solid. we held a super bowl contending team to 10 points. this was a game we def should have won if our O showed up to play. All we can do now is just get ready for Sunday. People dont freak we'll be fine. One game wont kill the season.
0

#2 User is offline   NCtexasjets Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 21-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of Crazy Water- Texas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

get used to this type of game. they are gonna be like this week in and week out. only we will be on the good end more times then not. We should have won this game 9-6 and i'll take that any day of the week!
0

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,395
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

Well if we cant score a single td on offense I cant see this team coming out on top more often than not. If it goes this way each week all a team has to do is get a td and we lose
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:33 AM

Our offense looked as bad as it did all of August. Those who said "Relax, it's just preseason" were wrong, this is our offense... and it's horrible.
0

#5 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,557
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

WE got robbed. The only way the ravens could move the ball was thru B.S penalties. The offense didn't help with Greene fumbling twice and Keller who had brain freeze and forgot where the marker was. The offense needs to get it together next week. The refs did a horrible job last night
0

#6 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

LOL. If the Jets hadn't committed the penalties they wouldn't have been called. You're grasping at straws.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 08:09 AM, said:

LOL. If the Jets hadn't committed the penalties they wouldn't have been called. You're grasping at straws.


The K steps on Edwards and he gets flagged? That's just as dumb as the Calvin Johnson no-catch rule. Score should've been 9-6.
0

#8 User is offline   NCtexasjets Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 21-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of Crazy Water- Texas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 14 September 2010 - 02:02 AM, said:

Well if we cant score a single td on offense I cant see this team coming out on top more often than not. If it goes this way each week all a team has to do is get a td and we lose


I'm pretty sure we will score a offensive TD at some point during the season. (although after last night's performance it doesn't look likely) My point being, most of our games will be low scoring. That will give us a shot at some point late in the game to either go head or hold our opponent when we have a lead.

The Defense will carry this team no doubt, but this is nothing new. Last year very few games were won by the offense and even more were LOST by the offense.

The O needs to stop with all the BS line of scrimmage tomfoolery. They ain't fooling anyone with the multiple formations, shifts and hard counts. Get to the line, snap the fu#*en' ball, control the line of scrimmage, believe in the run and use the pass as the dagger.
And when the D gives you a short field put points on the fu@#en' board!
0

#9 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 September 2010 - 08:55 AM, said:

The K steps on Edwards and he gets flagged? That's just as dumb as the Calvin Johnson no-catch rule. Score should've been 9-6.

Its the rule. He committed the penalty, so it should have been called. If it was the other way around you would say the same thing. Control your body and don't end up where the kicker is bringing down his foot if you don't get to the kick.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Its the rule. He committed the penalty, so it should have been called. If it was the other way around you would say the same thing. Control your body and don't end up where the kicker is bringing down his foot if you don't get to the kick.


It's not the intention of the rule to penalize a player laying on the ground to be called for it. The rule is to stop players from bumping the kicker while he is vulnerable. By strict interpretation of that rule there is literally nothing to stop the kicker from intentionally moving out of his way to get his leg bumped. As always with the kicker-protecting rules, too strict of an interpretation will cause teams to give up trying to block kicks. Really, any good block attempt will cause contact that could be ruled as a penalty.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   cat50 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 273
  • Joined: 25-October 08

  • NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

a ll the holding calls and the dpi calls were correct....kicker looked like he just fell over. Motion flag cost us 6

Mostly our fault... Cro and Wilson panicked due to being isolated ...if you're gonna blitz 7 you must stop the throw....Rex took the gambles...he failed...outcoached beacuse the Ravens handled the blitz and we didn't adjust.

Our team is schizophrenic...play like wild men on D - AT TIMES TOO RISKY LAST NIGHT. ...play like girls on O failing to even pass 15 yards down the middle
0

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 14 September 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

It's not the intention of the rule to penalize a player laying on the ground to be called for it. The rule is to stop players from bumping the kicker while he is vulnerable. By strict interpretation of that rule there is literally nothing to stop the kicker from intentionally moving out of his way to get his leg bumped. As always with the kicker-protecting rules, too strict of an interpretation will cause teams to give up trying to block kicks. Really, any good block attempt will cause contact that could be ruled as a penalty.


Agreed completely...not only that...but if you do actually block the kick you can bend the kicker's leg in half, not a problem.

That's another rule that needs fixing.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 14 September 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

It's not the intention of the rule to penalize a player laying on the ground to be called for it. The rule is to stop players from bumping the kicker while he is vulnerable. By strict interpretation of that rule there is literally nothing to stop the kicker from intentionally moving out of his way to get his leg bumped. As always with the kicker-protecting rules, too strict of an interpretation will cause teams to give up trying to block kicks. Really, any good block attempt will cause contact that could be ruled as a penalty.


Part of the running into the kicker rule is not occupying the area on the ground where the kicker is trying to land (if you don't block the kick). Edwards failed to do so. He took a risk and it backfired, can't put it on the refs.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:

Part of the running into the kicker rule is not occupying the area on the ground where the kicker is trying to land (if you don't block the kick). Edwards failed to do so. He took a risk and it backfired, can't put it on the refs.


That call was bullshit and you know it. If the teams were reversed, you'd be singing a different tune. How is a player who is air born suppose to pick a spot he lands at? Wouldn't that be going against gravity? Rules are designed for two reasons: to ensure fair play and to prevent injuries. If anyone, the K has a choice to either step on the player or not. That should've been an a flag on him for unnecessary roughness and the Ravens should have lost 15 yards.
0

#15 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 September 2010 - 05:54 PM, said:

That call was bullshit and you know it. If the teams were reversed, you'd be singing a different tune. How is a player who is air born suppose to pick a spot he lands at? Wouldn't that be going against gravity? Rules are designed for two reasons: to ensure fair play and to prevent injuries. If anyone, the K has a choice to either step on the player or not. That should've been an a flag on him for unnecessary roughness and the Ravens should have lost 15 yards.


Really? There are dozens of rules in many pro sports that penalize you for not being in control of your body, even while airborne.

This rule fit in one of your purposes. kickers and Punters are given a space to set their leg back down to avoid injury. If you don't block the kick, you can't be in that space.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 06:14 PM, said:

Really? There are dozens of rules in many pro sports that penalize you for not being in control of your body, even while airborne.

This rule fit in one of your purposes. kickers and Punters are given a space to set their leg back down to avoid injury. If you don't block the kick, you can't be in that space.


What rules are you talking about? What rule in what sport demands that an airborn player defy the laws of physics?
0

#17 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 September 2010 - 06:27 PM, said:

What rules are you talking about? What rule in what sport demands that an airborn player defy the laws of physics?


*airborne

If a DB leaps in the air and lands on a WR before that WR touches the ball - Pass Interference.
If a a basketball player drives and leaps towards the hoop on a drive for a dunk/lay up and he collides with a defender who had established position - Charging.

Shall I continue?

You choose to leave the ground. Once your up there you have to take the consequences.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:

*airborne

If a DB leaps in the air and lands on a WR before that WR touches the ball - Pass Interference.
If a a basketball player drives and leaps towards the hoop on a drive for a dunk/lay up and he collides with a defender who had established position - Charging.

Shall I continue?

You choose to leave the ground. Once your up there you have to take the consequences.


Both of those situations are fouls based on the fact that the leaper is initiating contact with a player. Edwards landed on the ground and was stepped on. Quit trying to split hairs.
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,253
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 14 September 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:

*airborne

If a DB leaps in the air and lands on a WR before that WR touches the ball - Pass Interference.
If a a basketball player drives and leaps towards the hoop on a drive for a dunk/lay up and he collides with a defender who had established position - Charging.

Shall I continue?

You choose to leave the ground. Once your up there you have to take the consequences.



It's only charging if your name is not LeBron James.

Oh well when Brandon "Ike Turner" Marshall does the same thing Edwards did you'll be singing a different tune.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#20 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 21-February 07

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 September 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

Both of those situations are fouls based on the fact that the leaper is initiating contact with a player. Edwards landed on the ground and was stepped on. Quit trying to split hairs.


By ending up in the area where the kicker is supposed to be able to land, he initiated contact. All the situation involve being out of control. No hairs need to be split.

It would be the right call no matter what team it was against. I wouldn't be happy if it happened to the Dolphins, but it would still be the right call.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users