NYJetsFan.com Forums: Marks Demeanor Is Changing - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Chris Johnson asking 2 Years/$10M, Jets want $3-4M per year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) ewww
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:13 PM) Denard and Gilbert are gone in this mock by 18
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) no f***ing way...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM) ICYMI We AREN'T the 49ers... THANK GOODNESS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:45 PM) Carry On NUMBNUTS!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 10:58 AM) CJ wants 2year, $10 million deal. Jets offered muti year deal, 3-4 mill a year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) so he wants 2 year 10 mil and we offered what 4 years 12-15 mil?
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:07 AM) @emesola: Chris Johnson is seeking approximately 2 years, $10 million. Idzik is not budging over $3-4 mil/year it seems. #Jets #JetsTwitter
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Kristian Dyer has confirmed that Idzik offered a multi-year deal, we're looking at $3-4M per, as Esola said.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Sidney rice coming through
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) I'm guessing 2 years 6 mill is what was offered
santana Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM)

The current market rate for a starting running back is roughly $3M per year. Idzik is offering slightly more than that, and Johnson is seeking a good chunk more.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) this is negotiations, Johnson would like to sign here but will try to gauge his value more
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) He was at the Knicks/Nets game yesterday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) Idk about the numbers, I read an article that said that the Jets offered a "attractive" deal to Johnson and that it was always a longshot that he would sign yesterday, but the Jets believe the deal is market value for him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM)

The Jets put together a convincing package on Tuesday to him, on and off the field. Now it is up to him. - See more at: http://m.metro.us/ne...h.cFze6cx8.dpuf
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:30 PM) when did we start using "quote" in the shoutbox?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:33 PM) yesterday at 9:24 PM
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) If the JETS get Chris Johnson he better not wear #28
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) all I'm sayin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 01:09 PM) carry on numbnuts
santana Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM)

nyjetsfan setting new quote trends
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Signed to a two year deal
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) Per Shefter
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) CJ1K that is
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:20 PM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif From Santana
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Marks Demeanor Is Changing for the better

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

http://espn.go.com/e...callsign=WEPNAM

Guys I really believe Mark isn't going to fail. It's ok to put Schotty and Mark through the ringer after a bad/horrible game but lets not totally discredit them. Listen to the demeanor in Marks voice. He's growing callused, which is good. The kid knows what he needs to do. I can feel the determination in his voice. One thing is he'll work hard and give it his all, we all know that. Mark understands the importance of ball security. They'll get it.

#2 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

But he always says the right things during interviews, until i see him take over in a game none of what he says will matter

Thanks for the Memories

#3 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

Last year everyone told him to top forcing things and check down. All he did last night was check down now that he has weapons there. He can't do one or the other, he has to do both, and he can't be afraid to take chances. Someone remove his binky please.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#4 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

its time for him to step up and become a true leader. He can say he is but until he plays like one he is not. Time for him to make the opposing defense cover the whole field not just the deep and dump off. I know we played a greatt defense but that was like watching joes vs pros on offense last night. He also seems to scared to make a mistake. also seems like he is scared to get hit because he tries to throw the ball right away without letting the play develop. Maybe I am wrong oe over reacting but thats what I saw.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ken Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

he sound good in the huddle.. but for some reason.. he looked nervouse last night, like second guessed? his read too much it seem

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

So was there at any point where the veteran QB brunell helped Mark last night during the game.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

Maybe Im being to hard on Sanchez since its only week 1. Either way as I stated I would rather have the Jets lose with Sanchez trying to make plays than not try at all as he did last night.

Favre and Testeverde made careers throwing plenty of ints and they still kept chucking the ball.Sometimes you come out on top and sometimes you dont. But when all you do is throw checkdowns their is no excuse.

Either way if Sanchez doesnt change his way of thinking in the offense within the next few games I will be hoping for Clemens to come in. Id rather see a qb come in and take chances to win even if he screws up than to not even try to win. f*** that. I know damn well from the past that Clemens will throw the ball downfield if he gets in.At this point I could deal with a couple ints since I trust our defense. f*** this dink and dunk crap. I had enough of that from Chad to last me a life time.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Mark needs to realize that INT's are going to come. You will throw INT's but we are going to go no wheres if we can't sling it.

Mark is a gunslinger by nature. He'll get it.

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 15 September 2010 - 09:31 AM, said:

Mark needs to realize that INT's are going to come. You will throw INT's but we are going to go no wheres if we can't sling it.

Mark is a gunslinger by nature. He'll get it.

hes a gunslinger by nature?
the kid from socal?
the taco child from the beaches of cali?

a gun slinger?
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

I'm changing Mark's name to Chico Checkdown until his nuts drop.

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Maybe it's me and maybe it's to early to really pass judgment but he is really worrying me. There is a legitimate case that can be made that we have the worst starting QB in the NFL. I mean the coaching staff may really be messing sanchez up. They have bashed it into his head so much to not throw an int that he is afraid to trust his instincts and throw the ball into tight fits. A good QB can put the ball where only his WR can catch the ball, we don't even see sanchez attempt those throws. The only time we see a 15 yard + pass is when a guy is wide open in the middle of the field. It's only year two and he did just face a top 5 defense last week so maybe it was just the game plan, but man, I'm a little worried about the guy...not to mention the guy can't complete a pass on the left side of the field. Game planning against sanchez must be easy for opposing DC's. Right now, the way I see it, If we run into a defense that can shut down our run, we are screwed...despite the abundance of throwing options because on monday night mark refused to let anything develop. If a guy wasn't open right off the bat he checked it down to a guy slightly open that had little chance to do anything after the catch even if there was no one close to him. Maybe it was just the ravens D but he's gotta let his guys have a chance to make some plays

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Just have to remember that he is still really young
So is gholston

these guys are just kids
Don't let sanchezs pressers fool you he majored in communications and it shows
he has a lot of developing to do as a pro football player
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

View Postextmenace, on 15 September 2010 - 10:35 PM, said:

Maybe it's me and maybe it's to early to really pass judgment but he is really worrying me. There is a legitimate case that can be made that we have the worst starting QB in the NFL. I mean the coaching staff may really be messing sanchez up. They have bashed it into his head so much to not throw an int that he is afraid to trust his instincts and throw the ball into tight fits. A good QB can put the ball where only his WR can catch the ball, we don't even see sanchez attempt those throws. The only time we see a 15 yard + pass is when a guy is wide open in the middle of the field. It's only year two and he did just face a top 5 defense last week so maybe it was just the game plan, but man, I'm a little worried about the guy...not to mention the guy can't complete a pass on the left side of the field. Game planning against sanchez must be easy for opposing DC's. Right now, the way I see it, If we run into a defense that can shut down our run, we are screwed...despite the abundance of throwing options because on monday night mark refused to let anything develop. If a guy wasn't open right off the bat he checked it down to a guy slightly open that had little chance to do anything after the catch even if there was no one close to him. Maybe it was just the ravens D but he's gotta let his guys have a chance to make some plays

The pass to Keller that should've been a TD but was overturned due to holding was a pretty a pass as you will see. He threw it right at Dustin's fingertips just past where the CB can get it and in front of the safety. Mark can ball. The coaching staff needs to find that balance that we had late last year where he was on a leash, but regularly threw downfield. Keep in mind that both Edwards and Cotch dropped very catchable balls. Maybe it was the rain, I don't know but I don't think Mark is too psyched out to throw into coverage, I think the play calling is horrible.

#14 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 15 September 2010 - 11:29 PM, said:

The pass to Keller that should've been a TD but was overturned due to holding was a pretty a pass as you will see. He threw it right at Dustin's fingertips just past where the CB can get it and in front of the safety. Mark can ball. The coaching staff needs to find that balance that we had late last year where he was on a leash, but regularly threw downfield. Keep in mind that both Edwards and Cotch dropped very catchable balls. Maybe it was the rain, I don't know but I don't think Mark is too psyched out to throw into coverage, I think the play calling is horrible.

Correction, it was an "illegal motion" because apparently Braylon wasn't set.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

I'm normally pretty optimistic but I don't know, I just don't know. I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users