NYJetsFan.com Forums: T. Brady Interview. Talks Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets pick up option on Wilkerson
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (17 April 2014 - 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (17 April 2014 - 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2014 - 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 April 2014 - 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 04:43 PM) Dapping is more manly than high 5ing which is really really really girly
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 April 2014 - 06:05 PM) gg03 doesn't like that people left him hanging
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:15 PM) liverpool potentially winning the league on my birthday
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:15 PM) cannot write that script
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

T. Brady Interview. Talks Jets

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:47 AM

Transcript: QB Tom Brady, 9.15
By Bassett on 16. Sep, 2010

On his thoughts on the Jets after Monday nightís gameÖ

They played one of the top teams in the league in Baltimore, who are probably very similar to the way the Jets are. It was a very hard fought game. Theyíre two very good defensive football teams and they make it tough on offenses. The Jets defense in one of the best in the league and preparing for them is certainly no easy task. Weíve spent all day Monday, all day Tuesday and all day today trying to get ready for them. They present a lot of challenges. Theyíre just so physical and they really play that scheme really well.

On if he can expand on when he said he hates the JetsÖ

(Laughing) Can I expand on those feelings? Do they really need to be expanded on?

On how deep is hatred is for the JetsÖ

Itís an intense rivalry. There are not many New Yorkers that like people from Boston and vice versa. When I got here, it was always Yankees/Red Sox. Thereís just something between New York and Boston. The teams have been very competitive. Itís been a great rivalry. Obviously, there has been a lot of player movement over the years between teams. It makes it fun for the fans. It makes it fun for the players. Itís great for the league. Iím glad to be playing so early in the year. Itís exciting for the players.

On his approach for going against Darrelle RevisÖ

Well, ultimately, Iím not playing one guy. Iím playing all 11. I donít look too much into that. I think every team has its strengths and weaknesses. I donít think itís smart to always challenge another teamís strength all the time. Youíve got to figure out the places where you see theyíre vulnerable and go after those. Thatís just pretty basic offensive football. If teams do certain things very well, youíve got to find other things to do to be successful. You donít want to play always into another teamís strengths. I think they do a lot of things very well, so thatís the challenge. Itís a very good defense (with) their blitz schemes and how physical they are. They have a lot of guys that can do a lot of different things Ė the Bryan Thomases and the Bart Scotts and David (Harris). They can all rush. They can all cover and thatís what makes it pretty challenging, more so than one guy. I donít think a defense is built around one player. I think, ultimately, itís about a team defense.

On Wes WelkerÖ

Wes has been an incredibly reliable and dependable player since heís been here. Heís had some great games against the Jets. Heís hard to cover because of his ability to get open with his quickness. Heís a really smart player. Heís seen a lot of coverages trying to take him away and he always finds a way to be open and get the ball. Heís a huge asset to our team and heís someone Iím always looking for.

On his comfort level with WelkerÖ

Heís practiced pretty much all of training camp. I think he missed more training camp last year than he did this year. Heís an incredibly hard worker. I think thatís what makes him so special. Heís a great teammate. He practices hard every day and I think thatís why he and I have always been on the same page.

On how ready Randy Moss is to go against RevisÖ

Randy is a competitor. Randy wants to play well every week. Iím sure there are certain players he goes against, or teams we go against, that are very motivating for us and that present challenges. You always want to see how you can do against some of the best players. Look, any team can take away one player, thatís really not hard to do, but I donít think thatís the goal of a defense. I think defenses are trying to take away the entire offense. We donít look too much into that other than weíre going to try to get the ball to the guy thatís most open. There are certain guys and different opportunities on every play. If youíve got to run, youíve got to run it. If youíve got to throw, youíve got to throw it and youíve got to throw it to the guy whoís going to be open.

On if Moss is motivated this week because Revis called him a slouch during the playoffs last yearÖ

I donít know. Different things motivate different people. Weíre all called a lot of names by a lot of people. Itís hard for me to think that you get so worked up over that. Revis is a good player, but we play a lot of good players too. The Jets have a lot of good players. We donít prepare for one player. We prepare for the whole defense. The thing that makes the Jets defense so good is there are a bunch of good players. Thatís really what we focus on.

On if the Jets and their coach do too much talkingÖ

I donít really care what they do to tell you the truth. Iím concerned with what we do. Thatís been our M.O. for a lot of years. I think it was successful for us. Jets are going to do what theyíre going to do and weíre going to do what weíre going to do. The reality is none of it really matters. What matters is how we go out and play this weekend.

On his reaction to the things Rex Ryan saysÖ

I donít react too often. I donít really get into all that. It doesnít bother me one way or the other. I can sit here and make all the predictions in the world too. The reality for him and all his players and us and our coach (is) weíve got to go out and play. I donít spend my time looking into that other (stuff) or analyzing (it). I know that Iíve got to get ready to play. I donít want to waste my time trying to analyze what he thinks about us. I just want to go out and play the game. Iíd rather spend my time watching film then really talking to you guys, with all due respect (laughter).

On sounding like Bill BelichickÖ

Listen guys, the truth is, with all due respect, to win games is preparation, work, commitment and being on the same page with your team. Thatís why you win games. I can really make all the predictions in the world, but Iíve got to go out there and play and I think thatís what is important to us. Every team has different styles. Every team does it differently. There is no right or wrong way. Itís just the way that works for us. Thatís why I donít think we buy into what other people say about us, good, bad or indifferent. Weíve got to go out there and play the game.

On if Rex Ryan and Belichick have different stylesÖ

Certainly. Oh yes. Of course, but thatís their personality. I think thatís just the way God made them.

On how much more comfortable he feels at the beginning of this season as opposed to last yearÖ

I felt very comfortable last year and I felt comfortable this year. I thought last year I was very comfortable so I wouldnít say very different at all.

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:24 AM

I just don't see that bubble screen to welker working at all . Tom has Matured pretty well .Revis is a good player like Tom is a good QB.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

I'm wondering if Cromartie wouldn't be better on Moss. We saw last week that he struggles against quick cutting, and obviously if he isn't on Moss he'll probably be on Welker. Cromartie would probably do more covering Moss on his longer, straighter routes than on Welker's quick changing, cutting slants and such. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd prefer Revis-Welker.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

I think the pats will use their 2 tall young TE to off set the blitz . Revis wants to cover Moss simple because Moss catches mostly long ball throws for TD's. I not sure how much small ball we will apply. but we can't do the same thing like last week.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users