NYJetsFan.com Forums: Holmes Accused Of Taking $$ During College. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Holmes Accused Of Taking $$ During College.

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

http://www.nesn.com/...in-college.html

A former NFL agent has written a tell-all story of corruption with the goal of coming clean. In the process, he's dragging a few names in the dirt.

Josh Luchs, who worked as an agent from about 1990-2007, wrote a 6,500-word story describing his life in the NFL. Beginning when he was a ball boy for the Raiders in the late '80s and ending when he was suspended in 2007 for failure to pay his agency, Luchs details several interactions with players that are eye-opening to say the least.

One such story comes from November 2005, when Luchs said he flew to Ohio State to speak with wide receiver Santonio Holmes. Luchs admits to paying college players throughout the '90s, but he said he had stopped in the 2000s, so he had no interest in paying Holmes in hopes of securing him as a client.

"We met [Holmes] outside the football building," Luchs wrote, "and he said, 'Listen, I want to save you the time. We don't need to meet. I've been taking money from [an agent] the last couple years, and he's been taking care of my family too.'"

Holmes, MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, has had his fair share of trouble over the years, including separate arrests for domestic assault, disorderly conduct and marijuana possession, and he just returned from a four-game suspension on Monday night. The suspension was for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and Holmes was sued this year for allegedly throwing a glass at a woman in a nightclub.

Holmes denied the SI story through a spokesman, but Steve Feldman, who was with Luchs on the trip, confirmed to SI that Holmes said he was receiving payments from an agent.

Additionally, the following players named in the story admitted to SI that they received money or other benefits from agents: Carl Greenwood, Othello Henderson, Matt Soenksen, Chris ­Alexander, Bruce Walker, Jonathan Ogden and Singor Mobley.

Luchs also described in detail his relationship with former No. 2 overall pick Ryan Leaf, to whom the agent said he gave $300 to $700 monthly payments in 1997 and '97.

Players weren't the only ones accused of participating in some shady activity, as Luchs said that ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. would participate in prearranged phone calls with agent Gary Wichard in front of top prospects. Kiper denied the claim that the calls were prearranged.

"People should know how the agent business really works, how widespread the inducements to players are and how players have their hands out," Luchs wrote. "It isn't just the big, bad agents making them take money."
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users