NYJetsFan.com Forums: Holmes Accused Of Taking $$ During College. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:51 PM) lol
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) JAMEIS WINSTON TO THE JETS
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:10 PM) The best big game quarterback I've ever seen.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Holmes Accused Of Taking $$ During College.

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

http://www.nesn.com/...in-college.html

A former NFL agent has written a tell-all story of corruption with the goal of coming clean. In the process, he's dragging a few names in the dirt.

Josh Luchs, who worked as an agent from about 1990-2007, wrote a 6,500-word story describing his life in the NFL. Beginning when he was a ball boy for the Raiders in the late '80s and ending when he was suspended in 2007 for failure to pay his agency, Luchs details several interactions with players that are eye-opening to say the least.

One such story comes from November 2005, when Luchs said he flew to Ohio State to speak with wide receiver Santonio Holmes. Luchs admits to paying college players throughout the '90s, but he said he had stopped in the 2000s, so he had no interest in paying Holmes in hopes of securing him as a client.

"We met [Holmes] outside the football building," Luchs wrote, "and he said, 'Listen, I want to save you the time. We don't need to meet. I've been taking money from [an agent] the last couple years, and he's been taking care of my family too.'"

Holmes, MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, has had his fair share of trouble over the years, including separate arrests for domestic assault, disorderly conduct and marijuana possession, and he just returned from a four-game suspension on Monday night. The suspension was for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and Holmes was sued this year for allegedly throwing a glass at a woman in a nightclub.

Holmes denied the SI story through a spokesman, but Steve Feldman, who was with Luchs on the trip, confirmed to SI that Holmes said he was receiving payments from an agent.

Additionally, the following players named in the story admitted to SI that they received money or other benefits from agents: Carl Greenwood, Othello Henderson, Matt Soenksen, Chris ­Alexander, Bruce Walker, Jonathan Ogden and Singor Mobley.

Luchs also described in detail his relationship with former No. 2 overall pick Ryan Leaf, to whom the agent said he gave $300 to $700 monthly payments in 1997 and '97.

Players weren't the only ones accused of participating in some shady activity, as Luchs said that ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. would participate in prearranged phone calls with agent Gary Wichard in front of top prospects. Kiper denied the claim that the calls were prearranged.

"People should know how the agent business really works, how widespread the inducements to players are and how players have their hands out," Luchs wrote. "It isn't just the big, bad agents making them take money."
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users