NYJetsFan.com Forums: Trent Dilfer Looks Ahead - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Geno injured, IK cut, Amish Rifle starting - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38773
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...ey_backups.html
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2015 - 02:57 PM) http://nypost.com/20...appearing-role/
Smedsthejet Icon : (19 August 2015 - 03:03 PM) Any news on how Shaq Evans is performing?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) http://nypost.com/20...ricks-of-trade/
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:12 AM) sounds like the jets think kerly is too small for what they want
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:13 AM) if enunwa is our 3rd WR that gives us 3 starting Wrs over 6-2. compared to the 5'7 kerly.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 August 2015 - 11:32 PM) Hopefully enunwa pans out. The jets need to start catching talent in he late rounds like most successful teams do.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 August 2015 - 03:05 PM) MT did for us
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 06:49 PM) Well it's only pre season but I don't enjoy watching them walk right over our defense
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) Looks like nothing has changed from the last 5 years. Our offense is still trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Damn petty has a rocket arm!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 August 2015 - 07:54 PM) Kellen Davis sucks
Mr_Jet Icon : (22 August 2015 - 12:40 PM) Bryce Petty looked really good last night.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 04:56 PM) He took some big steps from week one. There is no question. If he continues to progress like that we may be chanting for him sooner than expected. I love his arm.
azjetfan Icon : (22 August 2015 - 06:56 PM) Sanchez looks like Drew Bree's today
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 August 2015 - 01:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO Ric Flair!
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) The guy in the fantasy league who said we're scared of Santana... is clearly santana.
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) just sayin
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2015 - 01:45 PM) im only half serious
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 09:30 AM) Also i suspect that santana
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 09:30 AM) might be santana
santana Icon : (27 August 2015 - 01:35 PM) Tough draw for Liverpool
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2015 - 02:21 PM) Suarez second best in Europe... pretty good
SoReALSoJetS Icon : (29 August 2015 - 06:11 PM) anybody know a stream for it?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2015 - 06:49 AM) WOOOOO
Smedsthejet Icon : (30 August 2015 - 11:10 AM) Jets just announced first 12 players to be released:
Smedsthejet Icon : (30 August 2015 - 11:10 AM) T. J. Graham, Saalim Hakim, Austin Hill, DeVier Posey, Jonathon Rumph (WRs), Matt LaCosse (TE), James Brewer, Dalton Freeman (OL), Bryan Johnson (LB), Javier Arenas, Curtis Brown, Keith Lewis (DBs)
Smedsthejet Icon : (30 August 2015 - 11:11 AM) A little surprised that Posey is gone in this first batch of moves, but then we did have a glut of WRs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 August 2015 - 07:50 PM) Any word on Leonard Williams injury?
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2015 - 11:49 PM) He will be ready week 1. Just a sprain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 AM) so we whooped the giants ass pretty badly
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:38 AM) bills cut fred jackson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:29 PM) We got lucky with Williams
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) Hes looked like a beast as well, so we need him healthy. Hes gonna be a future all pro
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) Our offense can be competent this season
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:33 PM) Zac Stacy was a good add
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) I'm surprised Freeman was cut, I thought he was a solid backup center. Guess they like Wesley Johnson better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:58 PM) our offense is passable. we should put up 14-17 a game average
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:58 PM) should be enough for our Defense. our d-line is nasty with wilk, rich, snacks, and now williams
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:59 PM) out MLBs get picked on in coverage though. davis had a rough game
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:59 PM) our Cbs are way too good. cro revis and skrine. plus mcdougle looked solid. when milliner comes back, him being a dime back could be huge too
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) 17 points a game is "passable"? If we average 17 a game this season, we won't win more than 5 ball games.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Needs to be 20+
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) Our offense should be better than its been in years
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) which wouldn't take much
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Trent Dilfer Looks Ahead

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

http://www.thejetsbl...er-looks-ahead/

Goes in on Jets.
0

#2 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,652
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I cant really say I disagree with his statement regarding winning the division but not getting far in the playoffs. I say this UNLESS we address our areas of concern in our Defense. We have nowhere near the pass rush we had last season & our run D got beat up against Denver too. If this team expects to win a title (too early to tell IMO), things need to improve or else we get torchd in the post season.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,770
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 October 2010 - 10:36 AM, said:

I cant really say I disagree with his statement regarding winning the division but not getting far in the playoffs. I say this UNLESS we address our areas of concern in our Defense. We have nowhere near the pass rush we had last season & our run D got beat up against Denver too. If this team expects to win a title (too early to tell IMO), things need to improve or else we get torchd in the post season.


last year our defense played amazing but fell apart in close games at teh end and gave it up. the ATL game, the 1st miami game, and the jax game are prime examples of ones the D coulda closed out and didn't and we lost.

This year the D is giving up more yards and points however closing games when the opportunity is there. taylor's sack on brady iced the pats game, in the ravens game we got out offense the ball back for 1 last attempt, the miami game stopped them on 1st and goal from like the 5 to win it, and lowery for the past 2 weeks
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,652
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 October 2010 - 03:51 PM, said:

last year our defense played amazing but fell apart in close games at teh end and gave it up. the ATL game, the 1st miami game, and the jax game are prime examples of ones the D coulda closed out and didn't and we lost.

This year the D is giving up more yards and points however closing games when the opportunity is there. taylor's sack on brady iced the pats game, in the ravens game we got out offense the ball back for 1 last attempt, the miami game stopped them on 1st and goal from like the 5 to win it, and lowery for the past 2 weeks


I completely agree that our D is closing out games as it should this year but we're really leaning on the Offense to get the job done more this year.

With all teams that have played 6 games, we're tied for 4th for fewest points allowed but it's also obvious that the Offense is doing more this season. Last year we averaged 21.75 pts per game on Offense and averaged allowing a mere 14.75 on Defense. This year we're scoring an average of 26.5 but are allowing 16.8. We're on pace to score almost another hundred points on offense this year than last year while allowing an additional 34 on defense going by the current averages through 6 games. With having divisional games to close out the season, we need to create some seperation in the division and hopefully some seperation between us and Pittsburgh for the best record in the AFC to give us a bye week prior to out first postseason game to allow guys to get healthy & rested. I can see a Jets vs Steelers AFC Championship game. That would be sweet but I would prefer Jets vs Ravens. Get that week one loss avenged on the way to the title if we get the bugs worked out that are keeping us from having a complete game.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,770
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 October 2010 - 01:11 PM, said:

I completely agree that our D is closing out games as it should this year but we're really leaning on the Offense to get the job done more this year.

With all teams that have played 6 games, we're tied for 4th for fewest points allowed but it's also obvious that the Offense is doing more this season. Last year we averaged 21.75 pts per game on Offense and averaged allowing a mere 14.75 on Defense. This year we're scoring an average of 26.5 but are allowing 16.8. We're on pace to score almost another hundred points on offense this year than last year while allowing an additional 34 on defense going by the current averages through 6 games. With having divisional games to close out the season, we need to create some seperation in the division and hopefully some seperation between us and Pittsburgh for the best record in the AFC to give us a bye week prior to out first postseason game to allow guys to get healthy & rested. I can see a Jets vs Steelers AFC Championship game. That would be sweet but I would prefer Jets vs Ravens. Get that week one loss avenged on the way to the title if we get the bugs worked out that are keeping us from having a complete game.


going 6-0 in our divison would be sweet wouldn't it? i'd love to see us pull off the clean sweep. we are halfway there already
0

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,652
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

6-0 would be insane in our division which is definitely considered to be the toughest division in the league at the moment. Going into the postseason on a win streak would definitely be nice considering we finish the season with the divisional games.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,302
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Rex has said in his press conf that we baited the broncos to Run at us so as to quell the huge passing game that denver had and it got us the win. what do you want better stats or WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.?they passed for 209 and ran 145 and we won the game.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Deejay Silva Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 19-October 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 20 October 2010 - 02:11 PM, said:

Rex has said in his press conf that we baited the broncos to Run at us so as to quell the huge passing game that denver had and it got us the win. what do you want better stats or WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.?they passed for 209 and ran 145 and we won the game.



I'll gladly take the win. You gameplan around an offense's strengths. Passing was the Broncos' strength. We eased up and let them run a bit, who cares? Everyone knows we have a hell of a rush defense, we don't have to prove that to anyone in the league.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users