NYJetsFan.com Forums: Trent Dilfer Looks Ahead - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

OC Chan Gailey Retires
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 December 2016 - 08:07 PM) HIRE REX RYAN
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 December 2016 - 02:52 PM) rex runs a good defense
santana Icon : (28 December 2016 - 08:29 PM) not lately
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 December 2016 - 03:33 PM) bills players said they were basically too dumb to understand it lol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 December 2016 - 03:33 PM) he ran a good one for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 December 2016 - 03:34 PM) Darrelle Revis: Jets should show class and retain me
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 December 2016 - 03:34 PM) where was his class when he held out twice and forced us to trade him lol
NJAzrael71 Icon : (30 December 2016 - 03:36 PM) Mevis showed hius LACK of class with that busllshit comment
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 01:40 PM) Lets start 2017 with a Win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 01:41 PM) Hack should be playing
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (Yesterday, 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Trent Dilfer Looks Ahead

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

http://www.thejetsbl...er-looks-ahead/

Goes in on Jets.
0

#2 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,665
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I cant really say I disagree with his statement regarding winning the division but not getting far in the playoffs. I say this UNLESS we address our areas of concern in our Defense. We have nowhere near the pass rush we had last season & our run D got beat up against Denver too. If this team expects to win a title (too early to tell IMO), things need to improve or else we get torchd in the post season.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,912
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 October 2010 - 10:36 AM, said:

I cant really say I disagree with his statement regarding winning the division but not getting far in the playoffs. I say this UNLESS we address our areas of concern in our Defense. We have nowhere near the pass rush we had last season & our run D got beat up against Denver too. If this team expects to win a title (too early to tell IMO), things need to improve or else we get torchd in the post season.


last year our defense played amazing but fell apart in close games at teh end and gave it up. the ATL game, the 1st miami game, and the jax game are prime examples of ones the D coulda closed out and didn't and we lost.

This year the D is giving up more yards and points however closing games when the opportunity is there. taylor's sack on brady iced the pats game, in the ravens game we got out offense the ball back for 1 last attempt, the miami game stopped them on 1st and goal from like the 5 to win it, and lowery for the past 2 weeks
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,665
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 October 2010 - 03:51 PM, said:

last year our defense played amazing but fell apart in close games at teh end and gave it up. the ATL game, the 1st miami game, and the jax game are prime examples of ones the D coulda closed out and didn't and we lost.

This year the D is giving up more yards and points however closing games when the opportunity is there. taylor's sack on brady iced the pats game, in the ravens game we got out offense the ball back for 1 last attempt, the miami game stopped them on 1st and goal from like the 5 to win it, and lowery for the past 2 weeks


I completely agree that our D is closing out games as it should this year but we're really leaning on the Offense to get the job done more this year.

With all teams that have played 6 games, we're tied for 4th for fewest points allowed but it's also obvious that the Offense is doing more this season. Last year we averaged 21.75 pts per game on Offense and averaged allowing a mere 14.75 on Defense. This year we're scoring an average of 26.5 but are allowing 16.8. We're on pace to score almost another hundred points on offense this year than last year while allowing an additional 34 on defense going by the current averages through 6 games. With having divisional games to close out the season, we need to create some seperation in the division and hopefully some seperation between us and Pittsburgh for the best record in the AFC to give us a bye week prior to out first postseason game to allow guys to get healthy & rested. I can see a Jets vs Steelers AFC Championship game. That would be sweet but I would prefer Jets vs Ravens. Get that week one loss avenged on the way to the title if we get the bugs worked out that are keeping us from having a complete game.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,912
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 October 2010 - 01:11 PM, said:

I completely agree that our D is closing out games as it should this year but we're really leaning on the Offense to get the job done more this year.

With all teams that have played 6 games, we're tied for 4th for fewest points allowed but it's also obvious that the Offense is doing more this season. Last year we averaged 21.75 pts per game on Offense and averaged allowing a mere 14.75 on Defense. This year we're scoring an average of 26.5 but are allowing 16.8. We're on pace to score almost another hundred points on offense this year than last year while allowing an additional 34 on defense going by the current averages through 6 games. With having divisional games to close out the season, we need to create some seperation in the division and hopefully some seperation between us and Pittsburgh for the best record in the AFC to give us a bye week prior to out first postseason game to allow guys to get healthy & rested. I can see a Jets vs Steelers AFC Championship game. That would be sweet but I would prefer Jets vs Ravens. Get that week one loss avenged on the way to the title if we get the bugs worked out that are keeping us from having a complete game.


going 6-0 in our divison would be sweet wouldn't it? i'd love to see us pull off the clean sweep. we are halfway there already
0

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,665
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

6-0 would be insane in our division which is definitely considered to be the toughest division in the league at the moment. Going into the postseason on a win streak would definitely be nice considering we finish the season with the divisional games.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#7 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,303
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Rex has said in his press conf that we baited the broncos to Run at us so as to quell the huge passing game that denver had and it got us the win. what do you want better stats or WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.?they passed for 209 and ran 145 and we won the game.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Deejay Silva Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 19-October 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 20 October 2010 - 02:11 PM, said:

Rex has said in his press conf that we baited the broncos to Run at us so as to quell the huge passing game that denver had and it got us the win. what do you want better stats or WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.?they passed for 209 and ran 145 and we won the game.



I'll gladly take the win. You gameplan around an offense's strengths. Passing was the Broncos' strength. We eased up and let them run a bit, who cares? Everyone knows we have a hell of a rush defense, we don't have to prove that to anyone in the league.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users