NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez The Weak Link? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Sanchez The Weak Link? 30th in throwing%

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Not good at all. Not going to cut it going down the stretch.
0

#2 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,566
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

With him being only a second year pro & only a starting Q for 3 yrs including college, I think he's progressing pretty well. He's done a fairly good job of protecting the ball with only 2 INT's so far this season (although he should likely have about 6 or 8 if not for getting lucky and defenders dropping them).

He's still learning and IMO, he's ahead of the learning curve as he's looking off defenders better & going through his progressions, etc. We should be okay with him. Some of that completion percentage is from dropped passes that should have been caught, so I'm not going to get on him too much. He's #19 according to NFL.com for passing yards & has completed 98 of 177 for 55.4% and a 6.2 ypc. He's 15th in QB Rating so I'll take it.

He may be 30th in %, but the numbers that count are wins & losses & we're #1 in that category in the league.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,609
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

he's a 2nd year pro and he throws more down field then most QBs
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 October 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

he's a 2nd year pro and he throws more down field then most QBs



Ummmm he throws down field then most QB's?.. you are sure about that?
0

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,263
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 19 October 2010 - 08:11 PM, said:

With him being only a second year pro & only a starting Q for 3 yrs including college, I think he's progressing pretty well. He's done a fairly good job of protecting the ball with only 2 INT's so far this season (although he should likely have about 6 or 8 if not for getting lucky and defenders dropping them).

He's still learning and IMO, he's ahead of the learning curve as he's looking off defenders better & going through his progressions, etc. We should be okay with him. Some of that completion percentage is from dropped passes that should have been caught, so I'm not going to get on him too much. He's #19 according to NFL.com for passing yards & has completed 98 of 177 for 55.4% and a 6.2 ypc. He's 15th in QB Rating so I'll take it.

He may be 30th in %, but the numbers that count are wins & losses & we're #1 in that category in the league.


Agreed. As long as those incompletions aren't going to the defense then that's fine. Other than in the Denver game he's been reasonably smart with the ball and taken the incompletion when neccessary. He's also made a number of throws that he probably wouldn't have last year, for instance the key third down completion on the slant to Santonio against the Vikings, and some of the passes he's making you can tell he's improved from where he was in his rookie year.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,609
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 19 October 2010 - 01:44 PM, said:

Ummmm he throws down field then most QB's?.. you are sure about that?


Positive. not as much as romo or mcnabb or peyton do but defiantly more then at least half the QBs. He only throws about 20 passes a game. If 5 are deep thats a 25% deep throw on attempts so a QB like rivers who throws 50 times a game would need to heave it 12-13 times for the same ratio.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,181
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

I really don't like the passing plays that Schotty uses. They are awkward and weird. I'd love to just see some quick slants utilized with our speedy receivers.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26
0

#8 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

  • Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,473
  • Joined: 16-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:brooklyn,New York

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

For a second year QB, he is really progressing!! You can see it in his progressions alone...as well as his pocket presence and leadership.

Last year, he had no pocket presence...locked on to his primary reciever, and the leadership as a rookie QB wasn't there.

On Hard knocks, if you remember...Marty Schottenhiemer was caught on tape saying that the main thing is that you hope the 2nd year QB doesn't digress but stays similiar to the way he was in the 1st year(something to that effect).

I believe that he is already beginning to come into his own.....with the exception of way too many balls being knocked down at the line, and at times tends to try to put way too much touch on the intermediate routes over the middle, however he does throw some real nice deep sideline patterns with alot of zip which happens to be a more difficult throw....

I am very satisfied with his play and progress, and truly believe in a couple of years, he will be an Elite QB in this league. We have a keeper in this guy...trust me! I've seen alot of QB's over my years of watching football, and Sanchez is going to be something special!!!
0

#9 User is offline   Deejay Silva Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 19-October 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

I think 75% of NFL teams would take Sanchez as their starting quarterback.


0

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,395
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

I agree with the assessment that he is still in progress.

He has actually made alot of throws that could have been intercepted that werent do to good velocity on the ball. So he has gotten away with alot of mistakes.

It is obvious he has grown though. Alot of us were bitching through the first quarter of week two after the poor play in preseason and the limited game plan in week one that made him look bad.

He has played pretty solid in every game other than part of week six so I dont know if Id go as far as calling him a weak link.

My only issue with Sanchez is that he is still missing wide open receivers because he isnt scanning the field enough.I have noticed on numerous plays he has had a wide open receiver and never even noticed it.


If anything is weak it is the pass yardage we are giving up this year after being number one against the pass last year.
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,609
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

View PostLeon#29, on 19 October 2010 - 08:52 PM, said:

For a second year QB, he is really progressing!! You can see it in his progressions alone...as well as his pocket presence and leadership.

Last year, he had no pocket presence...locked on to his primary reciever, and the leadership as a rookie QB wasn't there.

On Hard knocks, if you remember...Marty Schottenhiemer was caught on tape saying that the main thing is that you hope the 2nd year QB doesn't digress but stays similiar to the way he was in the 1st year(something to that effect).

I believe that he is already beginning to come into his own.....with the exception of way too many balls being knocked down at the line, and at times tends to try to put way too much touch on the intermediate routes over the middle, however he does throw some real nice deep sideline patterns with alot of zip which happens to be a more difficult throw....

I am very satisfied with his play and progress, and truly believe in a couple of years, he will be an Elite QB in this league. We have a keeper in this guy...trust me! I've seen alot of QB's over my years of watching football, and Sanchez is going to be something special!!!


to put it in perspective did anyone watch the lions/giants game? eli was 20-30 but he threw 5 passes to WR screens and about 15 of his completions were 3 yards or less from the line of scrimmage. alos of QBs have high % becuase they throw short passes that are easy to complete/ we run alot and when it does work sanchez is put in 3rd and long and its tough to complete passes on 3rd and 12
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Deejay Silva Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 19-October 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 20 October 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

to put it in perspective did anyone watch the lions/giants game? eli was 20-30 but he threw 5 passes to WR screens and about 15 of his completions were 3 yards or less from the line of scrimmage. alos of QBs have high % becuase they throw short passes that are easy to complete/ we run alot and when it does work sanchez is put in 3rd and long and its tough to complete passes on 3rd and 12



As with the majority of quarterbacks, it all depends on the system. Take the 2007 Patriots for example. Yes, Brady threw plenty of 20+ yard completion/TDs, but most of his throws were 5 yard screens to Welker.
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,609
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

View PostDeejay Silva, on 20 October 2010 - 09:53 AM, said:

As with the majority of quarterbacks, it all depends on the system. Take the 2007 Patriots for example. Yes, Brady threw plenty of 20+ yard completion/TDs, but most of his throws were 5 yard screens to Welker.


also alot of teams that don't run the ball well use WR screens and HB dump offs as a run game basically like the saints are doing w/o having reggie and PT. it leads to high comp% from the QB.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Deejay Silva Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 19-October 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 20 October 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

also alot of teams that don't run the ball well use WR screens and HB dump offs as a run game basically like the saints are doing w/o having reggie and PT. it leads to high comp% from the QB.



Exactly. It's a deceiving statistic. Look at Chad Pennington. He has one of the high completion percentages ever. But after 2002-2004, noone would ever consider him possessing that stat. We run the ball more than most teams in the league. When we do pass, it's obvious that Sanchez is looking for the big play/first down. It doesn't help that a lot of the passing situations he's put into are 3rd and 12, etc. As Jets fans, we watch Sanchez every week. We know that he's a lot better than his completion percentage says he is. It's a crock of shit.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users