NYJetsFan.com Forums: Anyone Else Get The Feeling? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Today, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Anyone Else Get The Feeling?

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Anyone else get the feeling that Mark is on the verge of a meltdown?.. if you look at the Vikings game leading into the Broncos game he's played very poorly. One thing I notice about Mark is if his first read is there he's usually pretty good. However when he has to go from 2nd to 3rd in his progressions is when he just hangs on to the football and starts to panic (Bronco game it happened a lot). That's the reason Schotty uses bootlegs and P.A rollouts because often times those are easy completions (mind you the running game has to be in place).

In any event. I just have a feeling Mark is embarking on a slump and don't be surprised if he starts stinking it up. It's been happening over the last 2 games. Crossing fingers there is no carryover.

#2 Guest_Jetsfan0099_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

Nope, I think hes a 2nd year QB who will have ups and downs. I think last week the problem was the Broncos changed their entire defense for that game, they were running different formations and the offense was kind of confused since they game planned for a 3-4 team and they played a 4-3, guys were playing different positions than usual. I think Mark will improve his completion percentage as the season moves on.

I think he throws for over 20 TDs and around 10-15 INTs.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 21 October 2010 - 07:52 AM, said:

Anyone else get the feeling that Mark is on the verge of a meltdown?.. if you look at the Vikings game leading into the Broncos game he's played very poorly. One thing I notice about Mark is if his first read is there he's usually pretty good. However when he has to go from 2nd to 3rd in his progressions is when he just hangs on to the football and starts to panic (Bronco game it happened a lot). That's the reason Schotty uses bootlegs and P.A rollouts because often times those are easy completions (mind you the running game has to be in place).

In any event. I just have a feeling Mark is embarking on a slump and don't be surprised if he starts stinking it up. It's been happening over the last 2 games. Crossing fingers there is no carryover.

I don't think so. throw out the number and mark was crisp. in the vikes game he only had 2 bad throws all game and both came on the jets last posesssion on 2nd and 11 and then 3rd and 11 (2nd and 11 he missed holmes and 3rd and 11 be bought time in teh pocket and then overthrew and open edwards) other then that all his throws were good. there were like 8 drops, holmes dropped a 50 yard TD, you cna't put it all on Mark. He has looked good. he takes hs progressions has good pocket awareness and knows when to take the sack and when to buy time, he looks like a real QB this year
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

The broncos took the middle of the field away from us so we were running vertical routes which has a small window to complete . you just have to give credit to Daniels for scheming against us. However i did mention somewhere in a thread that #1 we don't have a bread & Butter play #2 we don't have the mentality needed like Montana knowing who is going to be open based on the reads of the defense because we try to make the defense change to our desired scheme. when this isn't working it seems to me that shotty needs to go with the Montana style west coast .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

he's made some big throws. like this one

http://www.nfl.com/v...9000d5d81b68fd0
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

No chance of a meltdown!!! The Viking game, he was throwing a wet ball..as evidenced by a minimum of 5 drops....the altitude in Denver, I would believe has to have an effect on a young QB playing there for the 1st time....that ball just takes off as evidenced by a 59, and 56 yard field goals that looked like they both would have been good from 65 yards...and Folks 5 kickoffs being DEEP into the endzone...

The kid is really developing!! And when him and Santonio get on the same page his development will only be that much better...

My only 2 flaws that I think that he needs to work on are his propensity of having way too many balls knocked down at the line, and trying to put too much touch on his short and intermediate throws over the middle...

#7 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

I hope you're right!

Even is he has a God awful game though, it's not detrminative of what his NFL career will be. Nor will a great game. He's a 2nd year QB, he will have highs and lows.

Dolphins fans do the same thing with Henne. Good game, he's the next Marino. Bad game, Cleo Lemon. It's all foolish.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 21 October 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

I hope you're right!

Even is he has a God awful game though, it's not detrminative of what his NFL career will be. Nor will a great game. He's a 2nd year QB, he will have highs and lows.

Dolphins fans do the same thing with Henne. Good game, he's the next Marino. Bad game, Cleo Lemon. It's all foolish.

I saw Henne play while at Michigan and I was impressed with the guy. If the Dolphins ever decide to run a conventional offense and give him a chance to develop as an NFL quarterback then they'll see just how good this guy can be.

#9 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

View Postcanuckfan, on 21 October 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

I saw Henne play while at Michigan and I was impressed with the guy. If the Dolphins ever decide to run a conventional offense and give him a chance to develop as an NFL quarterback then they'll see just how good this guy can be.

LOL. We do run a conventional offense.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

He's about to play the Lions and Browns within the next month. I'm not too worried.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

Well this is the thing that scares me that other people may miss, now because were winning it gets clouded in the smoke. However Mark is 30th in the league in completion % which is a staggering number. It's ok because we can hang our hat on defense. However, IF Mark doesn't pick it up were going to falter down the stretch when we will need to make plays. I'm a huge Mark Sanchez fan so I'm not hating on the guy. Mark can be a great QB in this league. However this day in time were talking about him NOW as a sophmore and he's reeling a bit. Of course he has balance with his lack or (luck) of having a low INT count and Steve Weatherford has been an absolute BEAST this season. So there are some things in favor of Mark this year. Good defense and usually opponents playing on a long field (thanks Weatherford).

Maybe I shouldn't have said meltdown because he's kind of already been slumping but completion % has been scary and we can't really make excuses for him. It only rained for maybe 10 minutes during the game and most of it happened at halftime. On the road against Broncos is tough. Maybe the loudest place in the league but Mark looked absolutely lost in the first half. It looked like he didn't even really want to throw it.

Even after the game he kinda went after Schotty saying something along the lines of. " On the 2nd pick we should have ran it, no need to call a pass play there" Maybe he's right but as a QB you have to want to be able to throw it. As a QB you should want to throw it every down. A little bit of a lack of confidence.

Just saying. When Marks gets rattled it's visible. My Uncle, who played as a QB over here and played over in Europe for a few years text me. Says that Mark is tipping his hand. Says that he sees a few things presnap that defenses are keying on. Said that Broncos were basically in Jets huddle. It definitely seemed like it. Broncos were all over everything. Mark has got to learn that when the run game isn't chugging you gotta be able to move the chains through the air. Without play action as your crutch.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 22 October 2010 - 10:37 AM, said:

Well this is the thing that scares me that other people may miss, now because were winning it gets clouded in the smoke. However Mark is 30th in the league in completion % which is a staggering number. It's ok because we can hang our hat on defense. However, IF Mark doesn't pick it up were going to falter down the stretch when we will need to make plays. I'm a huge Mark Sanchez fan so I'm not hating on the guy. Mark can be a great QB in this league. However this day in time were talking about him NOW as a sophmore and he's reeling a bit. Of course he has balance with his lack or (luck) of having a low INT count and Steve Weatherford has been an absolute BEAST this season. So there are some things in favor of Mark this year. Good defense and usually opponents playing on a long field (thanks Weatherford).

Maybe I shouldn't have said meltdown because he's kind of already been slumping but completion % has been scary and we can't really make excuses for me. It only rained for maybe 10 minutes during the game and most of it happened at halftime. On the road against Broncos is tough. Maybe the loudest place in the league but Mark looked absolutely lost in the first half. It looked like he didn't even really want to throw it.

Even after the game he kinda went after Schotty saying something along the lines of. " On the 2nd pick we should have ran it, no need to call a pass play there" Maybe he's right but as a QB you have to want to be able to throw it. As a QB you should want to throw it every down. A little bit of a lack of confidence.

Just saying. When Marks gets rattled it's visible. My Uncle, who played as a QB over here and played over in Europe for a few years text me. Says that make is tipping his hand. Says that he sees a few things presnap that defenses are keying on. Said that Broncos were basically in the huddle. It definitely seemed like it. Broncos were all over everything. Mark has got to learn that when the run game isn't chugging you gotta be able to move the chains through the air. Without play action as your crutch.

Its our offense. we run alot on 1st down and if we don't get yards were put in obvious passing situations. also on 3rd and long alot. sanchez has no problem letting it fly and we throw alot downfield. Eli manning had a sub 60% for his 1st 3.5 years in the league. then he also threw 54 Picks and his YPA was 5.3, 6.8, 6.3, and 6.2. it was the offense they ran. alot of running and chucking the ball downfield to loosen the defense up. now the gianst run alot of WR and RB screens, they run out of passing formations, and they run alot of high % throw plays like slants, WR screens, TE screens, etc and only take 1-3 shots downfield a game. the result? 60.3, 62.3, and 64.7% for eli YPA od 6.8, 7.3, 7.9 and 32 picks the past 2.5 years

Don't look too much into the numbers.look at how he is playing. i see mark going through progressions, staying in the pocket and moving well in it, buying time when he needs to, throwing beautiful passes on the run, and protecting the ball. the numbers don't tell the whole story
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Mark is awesome, this is what hes doing during the bye.

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 21 October 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

Smartest thing I've ever seen you say :tongue: He's gonna look very good some weeks, and horrid other weeks.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#15 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

I agree with you dubb to a certain extent. The 5-1 record has masked some of the problems the jets have had this season including the QB play. While sanchez only has the two picks on the season, I'll be realistic here and say that he has been a little lucky he hasn't thrown more. The Minnesota game is a prime example...I was amazed that the vikings weren't able to come down with any interceptions because he had a couple of throws that looked exactly like what his first int was in denver. I believe he needs to work on his composure once the play starts breaking down. Sanchez has the ability to avoid the sacks and get out of the pocket when the pressure is coming, it's a great quality but once he has made the play to give him more time to throw I think he loses his sense and tends to rush his throws when he really doesn't have to. I believe that's where he needs to improve because he has shown some great flashes of his accuracy when he can get the ball out fast. He knows how to extend the play, he just needs to learn to stay calm once he has done so. I feel like this happens a couple of times a game...he'll get out and start moving and he'll find the open guy but just misses him because he rushed the throw...

I'm also thinking that aside from my previous point, him and santonio aren't quite on the same page yet. That will take some time but I believe his accuracy will improve once he can get in sync with santonio.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

View Postextmenace, on 25 October 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

I agree with you dubb to a certain extent. The 5-1 record has masked some of the problems the jets have had this season including the QB play. While sanchez only has the two picks on the season, I'll be realistic here and say that he has been a little lucky he hasn't thrown more. The Minnesota game is a prime example...I was amazed that the vikings weren't able to come down with any interceptions because he had a couple of throws that looked exactly like what his first int was in denver. I believe he needs to work on his composure once the play starts breaking down. Sanchez has the ability to avoid the sacks and get out of the pocket when the pressure is coming, it's a great quality but once he has made the play to give him more time to throw I think he loses his sense and tends to rush his throws when he really doesn't have to. I believe that's where he needs to improve because he has shown some great flashes of his accuracy when he can get the ball out fast. He knows how to extend the play, he just needs to learn to stay calm once he has done so. I feel like this happens a couple of times a game...he'll get out and start moving and he'll find the open guy but just misses him because he rushed the throw...

I'm also thinking that aside from my previous point, him and santonio aren't quite on the same page yet. That will take some time but I believe his accuracy will improve once he can get in sync with santonio.

I watch alot of games thanks to direcTV and also streaming game on the internet and i can tell you the same can be said of lots of QB. peyton manning had like 4 dropped last sunday night game against Washington. to say it coulda been a pick is stupid, just like to say the WR shoulda caught it is stupid. in the end he didn't. throw out the stats and look at sanchez's throws. i'd say about 90% of his throws eveyr game are great-perfect throws and about 5% good-decent throws and about 5% what was he thinking throws. I can live with that. especially with a 2nd year QB thats the 1st QB we had since vinny that can hit the deep out and throw the ball 40 yards down field with zip. Sanchez is the opposite of penny. he has the arm and ability to make any throw anytime, but doesn't have the mental aspect down. What makes peyton manning so good? not his arm strength or even his accuracy, its his football intelligence. Sanchez just needs to learn more about running an offense
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

What makes peyton manning so good? not his arm strength or even his accuracy, its his football intelligence. wrong. it is the three paired together that indeed makes him so great.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#18 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Sanchez has been progressing nicely as a second year QB, but he is is going to have his ups and downs. THANKFULLY after the Green Bay game, the schedule gets a little lighter because our Offense has been predictable. Sanchez has been getting frustrated and it has been evident presnap. He gets anxious and wants to make something happen. He will improve. The dropped passes have been hurting him & we have been going deep more often which will also effect his numbers.

One thing that is hurting him is the lack of going to Keller in recent weeks. The second and third games of the season, it was Sanchez & Keller killing teams. How many attempts to Keller have we seen over the past couple games? It's either Keller has been almost forgotten or opposing team's Defenses have basically taken him out of games with coverage.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

we have a 3 week strecth where we play NE, Pitt, and Mia. thats gonna be tough. if we can take 2 out of the 3 i'd be happy
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Dubb, I agree Mark needs to be better. But if I'm not mistaken, I bet if you looked at his attempts per game they'd probably be a lot lower than some of the other guys in the league.

It's weird, if you watch him you don't really notice all the incomplete passes. At least I don't. Sometimes I say, damnit you gotta make that throw.

However, I do notice that very rarely has this guy thrown 30 attempts in a game. It skews his numbers a bit. However, he needs to be better. No question about that. Our guys need to do better holding onto the ball though. One thing I noticed is that Mark throws high a lot. That needs to be fixed, but it's also one of the reasons his picks have been low IMO. He doesn't give defenders easy chances (usually). However, our WR's have to go up and make plays a lot and that's leading to drops and incomplete passes IMO. He's better than last season.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users