NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mark Schlereth Goes Off On The Nfl - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

canuckfan Icon : (09 July 2014 - 07:40 AM) Hi guys...real football in another 2 months...SHJ in his usual fine form
MikeGangGree... Icon : (09 July 2014 - 11:39 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (10 July 2014 - 09:00 AM) THE BEETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:13 PM) GET JOHNSON
azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mark Schlereth Goes Off On The Nfl Thank you Mr. Schlereth

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Thank you Mr. Schlereth. I hope Goodell was listening. The NFL world needed to hear this. Paul Tagliabue would have never let this happen. Since Goodell took over it`s been one thing after another. He`s trying to change over a 100 years worth of how the game has been played, all in a couple years.

I`m so pissed off with all these rule changes because you know the zebras are going to be letting the laundry fly a ton.

smh

#2 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

The NFL didn't change any rules just now. Just increased the penalties. the game was not played like it is now 50 or 100 years ago. Tackling wasn;t always done with the helmet.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

View PostC l u t c H 385, on 21 October 2010 - 06:21 PM, said:

The NFL didn't change any rules just now. Just increased the penalties. the game was not played like it is now 50 or 100 years ago. Tackling wasn;t always done with the helmet.

It`s been a constant power struggle. Signs of changing times. Schlereth makes great points. The NFL is a great league and football is the best sport. Everyone loves it and people that played or have played knew what they were getting into when then buckle the chin straps. Why should 1 man tear all that down because of 1 weekend.

Maybe you missed this. http://www.nfl.com/v...2/Player-safety

There is no way for the league to govern this. It is nothing but downhill from here. The NFL has done more over the last 5 years then Tagliabue done in 20 years (Im reaching but you get the idea). Since Goodell has taken the reigns it`s progressively gotten worse.

It`s human instinct to lower into a player ( IE: Rugby). The NFL can`t have it both ways. They can`t market violence and big hits yet suspend and penalize players 75,000 dollars at the same time. It`s disgusting and Goodell is rubbing a lot people the wrong way. I agree with malicious hits. Hits that can be avoided. EVEN OFFENSIVE PLAYERS ARE AGAINST IT. If that doesn`t tell you somethings wrong then nothing will. This benefits offensive players and they don`t even want it.

It`s all ready bad enough.

- You can`t hit the QB outside of the `strike zone`
- You can lead with the helmet,shoulder or forearm (they are going to throw flags at nauseam now)
- devistating hits will get flagged whether their Illegal or not
- suspensions as well as fines are now part of the equation
- You can`t launch into a player ( Ray Lewis launched into Dustin Keller. That`s a legal hit)
- You can`t slam another person into the ground
- You can`t fall or drive a person into the ground

It was already bad enough and now their going to raise the level of how their enforce this.

No excuses.

#4 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

EVERY sport periodically changes to make it safer for the participants. Should they take out the helmets all together? There's some who argue the helmet has made the sport more dangerous anyways.

There still can be big hits, and they will still still be glorified. The NFL is just trying to avoid the big hits that more often result in serious injury.

There's also a legal component to it. The NFL now knows what type of injury can result from certain types of hits and what situations make it more likely the injuries will occur (the wedge, leading with the helmet, etc.). That opens them up to liability should they choose to do nothing about it.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

That is what this is all about presently because the league is negligent in this regard as for not getting the concussions down so the CBA is coming and they have a great case . so the NFL is passing the buck by fine's to help off set the cost that they need to help pay for health care for all ex players. this is part of it. I have expressed my self since goodell the communist Zcar got into office if you all recall i said they are but slaves to the masters.Goodell and the competition committee and the owners are responsibly for the product they put on the filed and television. at the expense to the fans and the players . Since this is a business and we are under corporate rule we will loose in the end.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

How many more ex players will get on board with this ? its time to strike against these elitists because its all about the money and they can not change their ways unless they are forced to submit by force . you see this is real life in a microcosm literally . The pharaoh rules over his subjects. if someone in a leadership role shows up to save the day it will a farce and it will be business as usual. the solution is this needs to go back to being a sport .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

You mean czar? How is this communist? Do you know what communism is?

Slave to the masters? Please. How many slaves got paid $100 million? I'll give you a clue, 10 less than 10.

That was a whole lot of historical examples for none of them to makes sense.

The fines aren't offsetting anything for the NFL. They're to serve as deterrents for breaking the rules. Roger Goodell/the NFL don't pocket the fine money.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

Knowing what I know now about the dangers of football in terms of head injuries and brain damage...I'll never let my kid (if I ever have any) play the sport. I love football, its a fun game to watch, but its a violent sport for crazy people. And yes I've done it too. I was an OL, luckily I never had to take or dish out any big hits. Just no way will I allow my future son to jeopardize his life for a sport.

There's plenty of other sports like baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis that he can play.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users