NYJetsFan.com Forums: Let The Battle Of New York Supremecy Begin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Let The Battle Of New York Supremecy Begin Trick question, Whos better?

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

Which Team Is Better, Giants or Jets?
By TONI MONKOVIC Posted Image Mark Viera ended his live blog of the Giants-Cowboys game early Tuesday morning with this:

After another victory, the question now is whether the Giants are the top team in the N.F.C. It appears that their co-tenants in their new stadium, the Jets, might be the class of the A.F.C. Let the debate begin in New York.

Uh oh.
The last time The Fifth Down noted the success and promise
of the two New York/New Jersey teams, they had each started 3-0. It wasn’t decades ago. It was last year. The Jets were promptly buried by Mark Sanchez interceptions (but scrambled back to make the playoffs), and the Giants went to 5-0 and then had a defensive collapse not unlike what the Cowboys are experiencing.

There are so many momentum swings and injuries to go. But the debate is inevitable. The Jets have won five in a row. The Giants, after beating the Cowboys on Monday night, have won four in a row. Which team has the best chance to reach the Super Bowl?

If fans are worried that the Giants will become too big for their britches after leaving Texas, Tom Coughlin is on the case.

After the game, he said: “Sometimes we’re just not — if the word is ‘smart,’ we don’t play smart.”

Mike Garafolo, The Star-Ledger:

“I didn’t like the beginning,” Coughlin said when asked about the wide receivers. “We had two tipped balls for interceptions again. I thought we were going to go back to the start of the season. Thank God we overcame it.”

But Coughlin also told his team: “Tonight there were times we were as good a team as there is in the NFL.”

The Giants defense is a revolving door. They get a bunch of sacks but sacks aren't everything clearly! their defensive secondary sucks and they let up A LOT of points. Jets are the new kingpin.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 26 October 2010 - 09:06 AM, said:

The Giants defense is a revolving door. They get a bunch of sacks but sacks aren't everything clearly! their defensive secondary sucks and they let up A LOT of points. Jets are the new kingpin.

Gianst have let backs like kitna, shaun hill and drew stanton score a bunch of points against them.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Jets are better but the Giants are better than jetsfan115 suggested in his rankings the cowboys are what their record says they are pitiful.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 26 October 2010 - 10:06 AM, said:

Jets are better but the Giants are better than jetsfan115 suggested in his rankings the cowboys are what their record says they are pitiful.

I'm gonna move them up a bit based on their record, but after they let kitna make it a 6 point game i can't move them up too much. Eveyrone knew if they got the onside kick back that dallas woulda won that game.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Dallas was never really gonna win the giants fed them bread crumbs all game.ps and who is leading rusher in the NFL ? bradshaw which I recall saying that he is a great RB.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 26 October 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

Dallas was never really gonna win the giants fed them bread crumbs all game.ps and who is leading rusher in the NFL ? bradshaw which I recall saying that he is a great RB.

I actually said bradshaw is the best back on their roster back when he was the number 3 back behind ward and jacobs and ward and jacobs both ran for 1000+ yards.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

You gotta give the Giants their props. I hate them as much as anyone but look at the facts: they're clearly a Top 3 team in the NFC even though they: have no LBs that would start on our team, have one of the worst secondaries in the league (3 years and running), have 3 #2 WRs and are visibly aging on the OL.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 October 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

You gotta give the Giants their props. I hate them as much as anyone but look at the facts: they're clearly a Top 3 team in the NFC even though they: have no LBs that would start on our team, have one of the worst secondaries in the league (3 years and running), have 3 #2 WRs and are visibly aging on the OL.

i think nicks is a solid #1, smith a solid #2 and manningham a decent #3.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

The Giants are really a match up team. When their DLine gets stopped, they get hosed. When the rushers get through, they can rock people. The Jets are way better. The Giants aren't as good as the six or seven best teams in the AFC, much less one of the best teams in the conference.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 October 2010 - 09:00 PM, said:

i think nicks is a solid #1, smith a solid #2 and manningham a decent #3.

I think Nicks hands are suspect enough that he's not a #1.

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

If you can keep your QB healthy and survive the whole game vs the giants

they can be beat. other wise make sure you have top notch qbs and a disciplined pass rush to hurry eli other wise they seem to burn teams
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

With the wide open NFC, and the Jets looking damn good in the varsity league, what are the chances of a New York Super Bowl?
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 October 2010 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think Nicks hands are suspect enough that he's not a #1.

I disagree. alot of it is eli. he never uses touch. he always throws full speed even if his WR is 1 yard away and its always either high, or way outiside/inside. meaning that have to jump and reach for a fastball with no time to react, which is why there has been some tipped balls picked off. Nicks is only in his 2nd year as well.

View Postsantana, on 26 October 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

If you can keep your QB healthy and survive the whole game vs the giants

they can be beat. other wise make sure you have top notch qbs and a disciplined pass rush to hurry eli other wise they seem to burn teams

They only faced 1 team with a good Qb and thats the colts, and the colts blew them out. If romo had stayed in dallas woulda won that game

View PostJetsOhFive, on 26 October 2010 - 08:15 PM, said:

With the wide open NFC, and the Jets looking damn good in the varsity league, what are the chances of a New York Super Bowl?

The NFC will not win the SB this year. the real SB will be the AFC Championship game
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 October 2010 - 08:01 PM, said:

Man I can't give it to them like that. Every team they face is putting up points on them. If anything their offense should get the credit. Eli has been keeping them in ball games. Their defense gets sacks but that's it. Eli has been winning them games.

#15 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

the giants would be 7th at BEST in the afc.

the afc is clearly the dominating conference this year

#16 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 27 October 2010 - 01:04 PM, said:

Man I can't give it to them like that. Every team they face is putting up points on them. If anything their offense should get the credit. Eli has been keeping them in ball games. Their defense gets sacks but that's it. Eli has been winning them games.

On that note teams are puting up alot of points on the Jets too. Denver had their best game of the year against the Jets....in rushing too.

As an NFL fan and not a Jets fan with blinders on Im not yet convinced this team is a Superbowl team yet or the number one team. To many close games and to many games that went down to the last series or last play.Like early records only go so far.Just like Denver started 6-0 last year. If the problems dont get corrected things can change in a hurry.
This team isnt winning solid. If things dont change as far as the defense it could just as easily end up as losses. Close games go both ways.

Especially when it comes to the playoffs. The solid teams move on. Most Superbowl caliber teams either have a juggernaut offense or a juggernaut defense. As of this period in the season I dont see the Jets having either so being logical and not a homer blinded Jets fan I cant realistically put them number one at this point.

Close games are great for the fans because it keeps you on your toes but the solid teams win a good portion of games by a good margin. Ive really yet to see it. And I basically throw out the Bills game as they are the worst team in the league. We have alot of tough games yet and we will see what this team is really made of.

I hope the defensive issues get corrected now that Revis is healthy and Pace should be too.

And no Im not puting the Giants above the Jets. This was just a general statement about the Jets play overall.

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 27 October 2010 - 02:48 PM, said:

On that note teams are puting up alot of points on the Jets too. Denver had their best game of the year against the Jets....in rushing too.

As an NFL fan and not a Jets fan with blinders on Im not yet convinced this team is a Superbowl team yet or the number one team. To many close games and to many games that went down to the last series or last play.Like early records only go so far.Just like Denver started 6-0 last year. If the problems dont get corrected things can change in a hurry.
This team isnt winning solid. If things dont change as far as the defense it could just as easily end up as losses. Close games go both ways.

Especially when it comes to the playoffs. The solid teams move on. Most Superbowl caliber teams either have a juggernaut offense or a juggernaut defense. As of this period in the season I dont see the Jets having either so being logical and not a homer blinded Jets fan I cant realistically put them number one at this point.

Close games are great for the fans because it keeps you on your toes but the solid teams win a good portion of games by a good margin. Ive really yet to see it. And I basically throw out the Bills game as they are the worst team in the league. We have alot of tough games yet and we will see what this team is really made of.

I hope the defensive issues get corrected now that Revis is healthy and Pace should be too.

And no Im not puting the Giants above the Jets. This was just a general statement about the Jets play overall.

I agree. The Jets have yet to play a complete game. One week, the offense carries the team, then its the defense that's carrying the offense.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

the thing is the giants are playing the bets they possibly can and its still not impressive at all. kitna and drew stanton almost had comeback victories against the giants. there run defense has been very good but their pass defense is horrible. kitna, hill, stanton all throw all over them. the only QB they shut down was cutler/collins and cutler was holding onto the ball forever. The jets haven't even played close to their potential. pace and revis are jsut working themselves back into 100&, holmes is still integrating with the offense, and greene is just getting started, taylo gets to move back to situational pass rusher so he can be fresh when needed. its all coming together
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:38 PM

This Jets team is much like the saints from last year finding a way to win games . what a wiener is when someone wants their team to blow out their opponents every game they play not being satisfied with the victory.we are currently 4th in rushing and also 4th in rushing defense so naturally we are some what higher in the passing game. we will get better at playing our game and that's all that needs to happen its not about them its about us how we play /execute . the Giants are playing above avg right now and they will settle down also.we are the one team that has boldly announced we are the team to beat amend there is a target on our backs and we are backing it up every game leaving teams to go lick their wounds. IE raiders vs broncos 59 -14.

#20 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

Mark Sanchez knows he has to be more accurate for New York Jets passing offense to improve
BY Manish Mehta
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 4:00 AM

Posted Image Weissman for News Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez (r.) knows he needs to be more accurate, but wideout Braylon Edwards (17) is confident the offense has the tools for a top passing attack.
Related News
Braylon Edwards reduced the answer to the simplest of terms. For all the preseason hype surrounding the Jets' aerial show, the passing attack has been a statistical dud through the first six games.

Edwards' explanation?

"We're just a little antsy," the wide receiver said. "We know what we can be. We just got to settle down."

The Jets, who have as much pass-catching talent as anyone, rank 27th in passing offense, averaging just 175 yards per game. Rex Ryan's club is the fourth-highest scoring team in the league (26.5 ppg) largely by remaining true to its ground-and-pound philosophy. Although Ryan admitted that he'd "prefer to run it 95% of the time," he's savvy enough to know the passing game must improve to help the Jets win it all.

"When we get this thing rolling - which we will - there's no limit," Edwards said. "We can come out at you from so many different angles that there really isn't a ceiling on what we can do."

Naturally, it starts with Mark Sanchez, whose play has slipped after a torrid three-game stretch. The second-year signal-caller completed 61% of his passes with eight touchdowns and no turnovers in wins over the Patriots, Dolphins and Bills.

He admittedly strayed from his fundamentals and struggled with his footwork in the next two games against the Vikings and Broncos. As a result, Sanchez completed just 51.4% of his passes with one touchdown and two interceptions.

Only four quarterbacks have a lower completion percentage than Sanchez's 55.4% through the first seven weeks.

"I have to be more accurate," Sanchez said. "I got to be more in tune with our guys - what routes they're running, how they're adjusting. It's only going to get better."

The Jets are one of the few teams without a true go-to receiver. Four players - Edwards, Dustin Keller, Jerricho Cotchery and LaDainian Tomlinson - have between 19 and 24 receptions. Sprinkle in Santonio Holmes, potentially the best of the bunch, and the passing attack should be a weekly headache for opposing defenses.

"If we hit one of those days where I'm hitting at 70%, it's going to be deadly," Sanchez said. "It's going to take a little more focus, even a little more attention to detail and getting back to some of the fundamentals that got away from me."

Ryan's belief that the passing offense will make great strides over the next two months is directly tied to his belief in Holmes, who has accepted playing a somewhat limited role as he gets integrated into the system. The former Super Bowl MVP has played fewer than 50% of the snaps in his first two games back from suspension.

Sanchez has made the right decisions at the right times to help the Jets to the league's best record entering Sunday's game against the Packers. But he'll ultimately need to improve his accuracy and take full advantage of the difference-makers at his disposal.

"He's made the plays when it's mattered," Edwards said. "His energy has been a lot higher than last year, and he hasn't gotten down on himself. That's why we haven't gone in the tank

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz13gGfk6nb

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users