NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rodgers, Sanchez The Future Of This League - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) I hope he rips Marty a new asshole
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) yeah cause Rex has perfectly coached many a games
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) morningwheeg what an idiot....hope re4x throws him under the bus during the presser
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) you want the NFL to say sorry and you want Morningwig canned. You're a clown
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) Gotta give credit to greenbay. That's a good football team
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) f*** an apology. It's not going to change anything in the standings which is what matters at the end of the season.
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) definitely reminds me of AFC Championship in Denver
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) marty ranks up there with bittfumble
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (Today, 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rodgers, Sanchez The Future Of This League

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Rodgers, Jets’ Sanchez Far From Favre’s Shadow
October 28, 2010 8:01 AM

Print Share 0 Posted Image (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

From ccolton

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez have followed the same set of imposing footprints to starting jobs in the NFL.

They’re both from California, played in the Pac-10 in college, share the same agent and were first-round draft picks a few years apart. They’re also the only quarterbacks — for now — who can say they replaced Brett Favre.

That’s a unique bond that ties them together — even if they don’t know each other all that well.

“I’ve just seen him at a few events and watched him play quite a bit in the Pac-10,” said Sanchez, the New York Jets’ quarterback. “He’s a great guy, from what I know hanging out with him a couple of times. He’s definitely, I think, one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league.”

Rodgers took over in Green Bay in 2008 — three years after being the 24th overall draft pick — following Favre’s retirement and then bitter divorce from the Packers. Sanchez became the Jets’ quarterback a year later, after Favre stopped in New York for one disappointing season before briefly retiring again and then signing with Minnesota.

Both have become franchise quarterbacks with bright futures, far removed from Favre’s huge shadow. Rodgers is one of the league’s most dangerous passers, while Sanchez has improved greatly following a shaky rookie season.

The two will play against each other for the first time Sunday, when the Packers come to the New Meadowlands Stadium.

“He’s always been a great guy,” Sanchez said of Rodgers. “So, I’m excited to see him play.”

They first met six years ago when Sanchez was a senior in high school and Rodgers was entering his junior season at the University of California.

“We were at a quarterback camp in Southern California and when I saw him then,” Rodgers said, “I knew he had a lot of talent.”

Rodgers was drafted by the Packers that spring as the successor to Favre, but had to wait patiently on the sideline for a few years. The two weren’t particularly close, and Rodgers had the challenge of replacing a player who had established a legacy as a winner and fan favorite.

He helped everyone move on from Favre by becoming the first player in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards in each of his first two seasons as a starter. Rodgers also joined San Francisco’s Steve Young (1998) last season as the only quarterbacks to throw for 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns and rush for 300 yards and five scores in the same season.

“He’s definitely one of the best and he’s doing a heck of a job,” Sanchez said. “He gets the ball to his receivers quick, is very accurate on the run and he’s a really good leader for that team.”

Rodgers is among the league leaders again this season with 12 touchdown throws and 1,841 yards passing.

“Like my kid said, he’s one of the top quarterbacks in fantasy football, so I appreciate that,” Jets coach Rex Ryan said. “There’s a reason. The kid can run it, he’s accurate with the football. He’s probably the most accurate quarterback in the league on the move, and that’s saying something.”

And, he’s only getting started.

“He has a standard of play that he’s established here as a quarterback,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. “What’s exciting is that he can play at a higher level.”

The Jets think the same of Sanchez, who threw 12 touchdown passes and 20 interceptions as a rookie but has quickly turned things around in his second season. He has nine TD passes and only two interceptions, both coming in the Jets’ last game at Denver.

“I pull for Mark and I’m happy with the way he has progressed,” Rodgers said. “It’s fun to watch him and watch the way he plays. He has a great arm and makes some tough throws.”

Sanchez sat for a few years at Southern California before becoming the full-time starter as a redshirt junior. Despite his lack of experience, he declared himself eligible for the draft last year. The Jets, looking to replace Favre, traded up to grab him with the fifth overall pick.

“He’s shown flashes where he can make plays ever since I went to school with him,” said Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Sanchez’s former USC teammate. “He’s more than capable. I think he’s going to be a very good quarterback in this league for years to come. Hopefully, not soon, though.”

After all, the Packers (4-3) are hoping to continue the momentum of beating Favre and the Vikings last week and establish themselves as one of the NFC’s elite teams. But then there’s the Jets (5-1), who are coming off a bye-week break riding a five-game winning streak — including a victory of their own against Favre — and trying to stake a claim as the best team in the entire league.

“I’m happy with our play so far,” Sanchez said. “We have a good test ahead of us, so we’re excited about that challenge.”

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

Maybe Rodgers can motivate Sanchez to play at a higher level in this game.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 28 October 2010 - 02:53 PM, said:

Maybe Rodgers can motivate Sanchez to play at a higher level in this game.

I agree. Sanchez has played pretty well for the most part but the book is still out on him. I can deal with int`s at times but until he learns to scan the whole field of play Im not completely sold on him yet. With the line we have and the bullets he can throw I hate it when his eyes are locked on one side of the field when he has one or two wide open receivers on the other side but he doesnt see them even though he has the time to stand in the pocket.
I think he rushes a good portion of his throws.Hell the top level qbs in the league will sit in the pocket as long as they can to find an open receiver......or as we like to say.....they have time to eat a sandwich or a steak dinner.

I really do think its poor qb coaching because Sanchez does seem to have great ability. You cant change things during the season but if I was the qb coach I would train him in the off season or training camp to scan the field on every play before he makes any throws.I know you cant do it on every play but all the great qbs do it on most plays. With Practice he can learn to do it in a second.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Rodgers is a great QB. make no mistake. he isn't in the "elite three level" (brees, manning, brady) but he's probably the 4th best in the NFL. but he has no o-line, no run game and his safety net (finley) is on IR.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users