NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Offense In Apparent Tail Spin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Offense In Apparent Tail Spin Jets going only as far as Tomlinson & Keller can carry them

#1 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Don't let the Jets 5-2 record or the fact that the team had previously scored 24 & 29 points against Minnesota & Denver fool you. The Jets offensive unit IS in a tailspin & a loss to the Detroit Lions is not as unlikely as many may think.

Over the last month, the New York Jets offense has scored a single....that's right....ONE touchdown outside of the fourth quarter. How many overall touchdowns are credited to Sanchez over the last month? Again....the answer is ONE. The last multi-touchdown game for Mark Sanchez was week 4 against the lowly Buffalo Bills and he only had 2 in that game.

If not for the resurgence of Ladainian Tomlinson, and the early play of Dustin Keller, our beloved NY Jets would easily be 3-4 rather than sitting in second place in our division at 5-2. While Sanchez has a total of 9 TD's this season, Tomlinson has 5 of his own.

Part of this clearly has to be laid at the feet (hands actually) of our WR's dropping passes. The number of drops recently has been embarrassing to say the least. The WR corps needs to apologize to their QB and their Defense.

The fact that the Jets have faced stout defenses is only part of the equation. The poor play selection by OC Schottenheimer has definitely contributed to the poor execution by Sanchez and the receiving corps. Green Bay's Defensive players have already stated that they were able to identify Sanchez' targets simply from our formations. They knew what routes receivers were going to run. That should be an alarm bell not ringing but SCREAMING to the Jets coaching staff.

What happened to Dustin Keller? Has anyone noticed that as soon as Keller's numbers dropped, so have Sanchez's? The Jets offensive unit has not had a truly productive day since our divisional games weeks 2 through 4. Yes.....the team has scored points, but most of those points have come from Nick Folk making FG's.

How is this team expecting to win in Detroit? Many will read this and think that I'm crazy by saying it is entirely possible for our Jets to lose and drop to 5-3. While over the last 3 games, our Jets have scored 53 points, the Detroit Lions have scored 112. Overall, Detroit has scored 183 pts while the Jets have scored only 159. The Jets need to be thankful that the Detroit Lion's Defense is suspect.

Detroit is 2-5 while the Jets are 5-2. Don't let the records fool you. Detroit may be 2-5 but so are the Minnesota Vikings & the Jets had a tough time beating them too. Teams are now gunning for the Jets because they think that the Jets can't back up their tough talk. This IS undoubtedly a much more important game than many may believe. With the predictability of our offense, teams are frothing at the mouth waiting to be able to knock us off our perch.

Do the Jets have what it takes to get into a potential shoot-out with the Lions? Defensively, the answer is yes. Offensively, the answer is a loud and clear no. Matt Stafford had 4 TD passes just yesterday. To reach 4 TD passes for Sanchez you have to combine the games since and including week 3 of the season.

To anyone not wearing green tinted glasses, the Jets offensive struggles scream that the Jets should thank their lucky stars that their record is 5-2 heading into a supposedly lighter portion of the schedule, but that this team NEEDS to see an urgency in what lies ahead. If not, the tail spin will continue and lead to ultimate crash and burn.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Sorry but... zzzzzzzz

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 November 2010 - 04:58 PM, said:

Sorry but... zzzzzzzz

the post may be Zzzzzz to you 05, but tell me where anything I've said is wrong? I'd LOVE to be positive about our situation right now, but unless the offense starts clicking, we could be in real trouble before we know it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 November 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

the post may be Zzzzzz to you 05, but tell me where anything I've said is wrong? I'd LOVE to be positive about our situation right now, but unless the offense starts clicking, we could be in real trouble before we know it.

As long as we maintain our top 3 rushing offensive numbers, and not abandon it like we did yesterday, we will be fine. We will end up middle of the league in passing offense, top couple in the league in rushing offense and our defense will continue to be top 3.

We need to stick to what we do good. We run the ball, we play good defense and we win the field position game. We did 1 of the 3 things this weekend. We played good defense, that's it. If we win 2/3 at the least, we will win football games more then we lose them.

Our passing offense has come and gone, it'll continue happening until our QB and to a point our OC mature into consistent players on this team.

#5 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

I'd say the self scout did us more harm than good . we have no bread and butter play to move the chains when needed.Jco should be that guy but his hands were two left hands.
Some of us have said all along stick with ground and pound and pick your spots and take your shots . I didn't see one running play where we stretch the field and pull the guards and fb to the point of attack on the edge which usually goes for 30 plus yds.the Staff over thought and out smarted themselves. if it were me I'd rather ask the players for suggestions during the game when we are finding it difficult to make plays and it would be interesting to see what they suggest.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#6 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Thats part of the point I'm making. It's been posted that Keller was open on more than half of our passing plays yesterday by someone that was at the game. Our offense was virtually explosive when Sanchez was hitting Keller in games 2 & 3. Where has he been since? I dont care if we got the almighty Santonio Holmes or not. If Keller is open for 5 yards even, you hit him with the ball & let him get the YAC. Edwards was WIDE open on an easy TD, but Sanchez never even looked in his direction. Sanchez has been playing scared for some reason recently & Schotty's play calling has been about as predictable as Paul Hackett's. This offense is in trouble if it doesn't get turned around. The bye week was more productive under Eric friggin Mangini than it has under Rex.

#7 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Our QB won't have many 4 TD games because we are a run team, guys like Stafford have no run game and need him to throw for scores.

The one good thing from yesterday's game it seems like our defense is back, the Packers were 2-14 on 3rd downs. Rodgers had trouble throwing on us, the secondary seems to be getting it done now that Revis is healthy.

I think that off a loss the Jets are going to come out and pound the Lions, we are due for a game where we get a lot of ints and turnovers and sacks, Stafford is just the guy, then the following week we get to face Colt McCoy with good game film on him and I see us giving him his welcome to the NFL.

Stafford never played against a defense like the Jets, a defense that will come from everywhere and show multiple things.

"They have guys everywhere," said an executive in personnel for a recent Jets opponent. "They have guys coming out of the stands. You've seen their scheme. They're walking around like they're picking up papers in the park and all of a sudden they snap the ball and they go in about 90 different directions and then one of them is in the face of the quarterback. Aren't they strange? Strange but effective."
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

team are watching film. there dropping 7-8 back every play into zones. schotty needs to see this and run button hooks and outes becuase usually teh holes in a zone D are deep outside and short underneath. instead he was running deep slants and drags and go patterns and the WRs were running into all the zones and sanchez has nowhere to go with the ball. holmes and cochery should have been running deep outs and keller shoulda been running little 5-9 yard curls finding holes in the zone. also with that much zone they shoulda overloaded 1 side full of WRs (all 3 to one side) and then the zone defenders would have to worry about who's got who leading to busted coverage.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thats the overall point. The Defense has been what's been keeping us in games. Not the Offense. We need the Offense to find a way to finally come to life. Whether it be releiving Schotty of his duties to stop being so damned predicatble, giving Callahan more of a say int he Offense or Rex or Sanchez taking more control, it needs to happen. The FIRST thing that needs to happen however is for Sanchez to finally have some confidence in his offensive line to protect him. We've seen too many times recently in which he has virtually panicked under Center causing a bad throw. Not all of the blame goes to him with the dropped passes and shit play calling but damn....the worst completion percentage in the league on a 5-2 team?

#10 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=5754412

when you are at the game you can see the field but on TV you can't see the routes being run. So why didn't the defensive coordinator supply that info to shotty isn't he up there in the catch bird seat............maybe shotty goes up there also. this is what we mean when we say the players have got to take control out on the filed at times like these .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#11 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

It is hard to reopen the deep field with dump offs when the backs are dropping balls too. Once Greene and Tomlinson had both dropped passes GB was just sitting back on the receivers down the field.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#12 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 November 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

Dude, we lost one game! Sure, we haven't looked good the past two games but we have one of our best seasons going and every team throws a clunker now and then. IF we lose to the lions, then and only then will I relate to your posts.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users